Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Journey Into Darkness

Page: 1 of 3
 Empress Padme
07-17-2007, 6:07 PM
In the world of Lotherdell a great war raged between all of the species ( which included Men, Elves, Dwarves...) A elf from the Sky elves ventured down into the forest. This elf believed that a greater evil was the cause of the war and set to find the evil and any followers.

The elf was female with scarlet hair and voilet eyes, and being a Sky Elf she had wings , as scarlet as her hair.She had her late mother's staff as a weapon and walking stick. She was so used to flying it would take her awhile to get used to the ground.Her name was Phlilinell or "Lily" among friends. So deep in the woods she ventured not knowing her fate. Will adventure, romance, betrayel find her on her journey into darkness.......
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-17-2007, 8:07 PM
Erames felt a slight breeze and a feeling like somebody was right next to him

How strangehe tought, and started walking towards a forest, ready to go back to his village
 Empress Padme
07-17-2007, 8:12 PM
Lily fell right when she was about to say hi to Erames. ' Darn legs, I'll never get used to depending on them' she thought to herself.
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-17-2007, 8:23 PM
"Who are you?" asked Erames to the creature that had fallen from the sky, he stood there, mesmerized, unafraid

"Are you a divine creature?"
 Empress Padme
07-17-2007, 8:34 PM
''No just a Sky Elf though I am a princess. I'm used to flying not walking or shall I say falling." Lily said ,quite embaressed." My names Phililinell but you can call me Lily."
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-17-2007, 8:42 PM
Erames bowed to the divine figure that stood before him

"I'm truly blessed to meet a messenger from the heaven, but why have you chosen me? Oh fair and beautiful princess?" he said with great respect in his voice
 Ferc Kast
07-17-2007, 8:54 PM
Owucyn Edain started into the forest. What mysteries lie in this gladsome place He wondered to himself. He started to go forward a bit more, and thought he saw a man & a Sky Elf. This can only mean trouble from the North. He thought to himself.
 Empress Padme
07-17-2007, 8:57 PM
Lily says " I believe that this war is being masterminded by a greater evil. I plan on stopping it. I don't have an army or anyone who believes me but I shall triumph." I hope, she thought to herself.
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-17-2007, 9:00 PM
"I'm truly honored that you ask for my assistance, how can I not accept? I'll follow you, your highness, for the sake of this land, I'll fight for you!" said Erames as he bowed even lower to show his honor at the Lady Elf's request
 Ferc Kast
07-17-2007, 9:13 PM
He aimed a arrow straight an apple above the man's head. He shot his arrow, causing the apple to hit the poor man's head. Oh, boy. He thought to himself.
 Empress Padme
07-17-2007, 9:39 PM
Lily watched the apple fall on Erames head. She grabbed the apple and brushed off the dirt and ate it whole. " Methinks we have a visitor." Lily holds the arrow that was in the apple.

She swings the arrow in the direction it came in hitting Owucyn in the knee.
 Ferc Kast
07-17-2007, 9:44 PM
"Ouch!!!" He shouted so loud that his voice echoed throughout the forest. Well, there goes my lunch. He thought to himself.
 Empress Padme
07-17-2007, 9:54 PM
Lily walked over to Owucyn and healed him. She looked at his bow and arrow." Silly boys and their toys," Lily gave him something " Here is a rare kopa bird egg. Among my people it is known to feel you up ,so you don't have to eat all day. You look hungry,take it."
 Daft Adidas
07-18-2007, 4:55 AM
Suddenly three trees fell down amongst the humans and sky elf. Suddenly an Ecentric middle aged man came flying down from another falling tree and landed on his feet crouching. He swung a leg up at the man with who an apple had fallen and kicked him the face. He grabbed the Sky Elf and slung her at a tree and the started banging the young man with an arrow with his hands like drums.

"Leave my Forest or meet the Moguls!"
 starmark2k
07-18-2007, 7:46 AM
((OOC- Be careful everyone some of you are dangerously close to braking the Forums one line rule.))

Stermir stood on the guard tower of the northan wall that protected the Great city of Arothrif. The Man stood watching over the great forest that grew north of the Capital city of Man.

He began to feel something strange, like a cold wind coming from the eastern mountains, he was spooked by it. Somthing was going to happen soon, he could feel it in every essance of his being and felt he would be apart of it.
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-18-2007, 9:25 AM
(Yo! WTH is going on, lets take it easy with the characters!" BTW, Aragorn was 85 when he was with the Fellowship, so I'm younger than him!)

Erames was more confused than ever, how did the man shoot an arrow to an apple in his head he had not detected? "Magical indeed" he said outloud and went with the princess to check the man who had take a hit on the knee, when suddenly another mortal came charging in and began yelling and suddenly kicked Erames in the face, or so he thought, because being a hunter, Erames had quick reflexes that helped him avoid serious damage from the blow, and at the same time he took one of his medium blades out and pointed it at the newcomer

"Who are you and why do you attack us?" demanded Erames to the stranger
 Empress Padme
07-18-2007, 9:50 AM
Lily hurt all over.She noticed her right wing was injured.Crap, I can't heal myself, she thought to herself. She was injured and pissed. " STOP! Enough fighting.Tis an order by a royal Sky elf and to disobey - well I wouldn't recommened it." She told the men.
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-18-2007, 10:29 AM
"Of course, your majesty" said Erames, but still he didn't lower his sword, "I will protect you from this barbarian with my life if need be" placing himself between the attacker and the princess

"You shoud leave, your majesty, leave this to me!"
 Empress Padme
07-18-2007, 2:06 PM
" Good to know Erames, thank you. Now can we all get along. It's a big forest ,plus I don't think the Forest Elves would enjoy all this fighting.Now I have a world to save if you want to tag along thats fine.Bye now." Lily walks off nursing her injured wing.
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-18-2007, 2:21 PM
"I'll go with you princess, you need some help, right?"said Erames with confidence "From now on, I'm here to serve you!"

He then slowly backed away from the attacker and the wounded archer, "You two better not try to hurt us again, or you'll answer to me, got it?" as he finished saying this, he went after the princess
 Empress Padme
07-18-2007, 2:44 PM
Lily saw Erames walking beside her. She blushed. She had never been this close to a male human before. " Some elves have given up there long life to spend a short one with man.I had never seen a male human before you . We usually interact with female humans.Male elves rarely fall for humans."
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-18-2007, 3:25 PM
"I have traded with elves once, but they were wood elves, I've never met an sky elve before" he said in a timid voice, "But to meet one is amazing, especiaaly a princess, I'm truly honored" he said, with pride in his voice

"But please tell me princess, why are you not under scort? You should be in company of guards, the world is a dangerous place"
 Daft Adidas
07-18-2007, 3:27 PM
As the Elf and human walked away he looked at the wounded archer.

"I know you. I watch you when you hunt at night, you good man. Wan't to tag along? We could spy on them or we could simply take a stroll trhough the forest as lots o' others are doing, they going somewhere, they all are. Wanna come?"
 Empress Padme
07-18-2007, 3:40 PM
"Well Erames," she chuckled nervously," They don't know I am here. I'm doing this against their wishes."
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-18-2007, 4:21 PM
Erames laughed at what the princess said

"Forgive me your highness, but now I know that even royalty needs a day off!" he said with a big smile on his face, then he stopped and asked seriously, "but your safety should come first, don't you think my lady?" and with that, he took out from his back a some homemade medicine for the princesses' wound

"Please accept this" he said, humbly. "It's not the best, but it will help you in avoiding a scar and will help you heal quickly"
 Empress Padme
07-18-2007, 4:26 PM
Lily took it and used it.Her wing healed. She flew around happy." Thank you Erames."
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-18-2007, 5:05 PM
"You're very welcomed" replied Erames, with a hint of redness in his face

But then he looked around, and to talk to Lady Elf, "Lily,errrrmm...." said Erames shyly, "not to cast a shdow on your plan, but shouldn't we need a bigger party, because I'm afraid two people will not do much when we battle the darkness"
 Empress Padme
07-18-2007, 5:25 PM
"Your right, Erames, but who can we trust?"Lily still flying around since flying is easier than walking for her.
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-18-2007, 5:46 PM
"Perhaps you know of somebody you want to recruit into our little journey" said Erames,"even the most humblest person can be of great help, because who knows what they are capable of under dangerous cirmcustances"

He then began to walk a little more quickly to catch up to the princess, and said a little embarrased, "Do you have to stay for tonight? It's going to be dark soon, and this forest holds some of the most dangerous predators in this region, you're welcome to use my house" said the hunter
 JasraLantill
07-18-2007, 5:47 PM
Ok, people, Starmark2k already pointed this out earlier today, so please try to avoid one-liner posts. I realize sometimes they're necessary, but this thread has entirely too many of them. Try to be a bit more descriptive (i.e. what your character is thinking, or feels, or something about the setting.)

Thanks,
--Jas
 Empress Padme
07-18-2007, 9:29 PM
Lily thought about this.Erames seemed nice and she hated to admit it but she was aching for home.All of a sudden a Forest Elf appeared.

" Princess Phillilinell your disappearance has caused quite the commotion.My name is Roy Hawkeye. I am a Forest Elf. I shall give you shelter while in the forest.These are your parents orders ,not mine." Roy had pointy elf ears and long black hair and black eyes.
Lily's face went as scarlet as her hair.She was so mad.She wanted to learn more about Men from Erames but no she had to go with the forest elf.
" I suppose theres no way out of this." Lily asked Roy.
Roy shooked his head no.
Lily looked over at Erames." I have to what he says ,at least for now.See you here again tommorow and we can start the journey,. ok."
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-18-2007, 9:36 PM
"I'll be in the nearby village or Remssa if you need me, my home is near the village's gate, it should be easy enough to find" said Erames, "I bid thee farewell, oh fair princess!, may we meet again tomorrow if luck will have it" and with that said, he left and started walking home, all the way thinking about the meeting with the beautiful elven princess
 Empress Padme
07-19-2007, 12:36 AM
Morning came and Lily and Roy were by the lake.

" Your Highness the human was right you will need more people that believe in your cause before you go into battle with whatever you believe is causing this." Roy told Lily.

" I know. You both are right. For now we shall travel and gain followers and become stronger as a team before even thinking about raging a great battle.It would only lead to early death if we did that now.For now we shall wait here.It is calming to me ,being by this lake." Lily said.
 starmark2k
07-19-2007, 3:28 PM
“Anubi At The West Gate!!!” A legionnaire shouted waking Stermir from his slumber, morning had just broken and the city was under attack. Stermir leapt out of his bunk and quickly began to place his armour upon his body, he then took his wings and sheathed them.

Running out of the barracks he began the journey down to the western side of the city, he began to climb the ladders to get to the walls balcony. He reached the stone edge of the wall and looked over at the sea of beast soldiers before him. Thousands the vile creatures stood at the western edge and stretched as far as Stermir could see.

The Anubi were around 6 foot tall with the bodies of a slender human covered in dark fur, their heads were those of wild dogs with sharp teeth and yellow eyes. They wore only a loincloth and small metal chest place as armour, Armed with crocked bronze swords and Bows. Most people presume these to be savage creature with little intelligence living only off of instinct, but they are wrong the Anubi are Savage but cunning and as intelligent as any human.

Stermir could not believe his own eyes at the sight of this force of hostile attackers, never has anyone attacked Arothrif with such a force before.

The Anubi stopped a mere few feet from the wall and looked up at the wall standing to attention in their files. A human could not separate one from the other, save one who stood out from the rest of his surrounding brothers. He was Albino, white fur covered his body which was covered with a black chest plate and loincloth. He stood upon a rock in the middle of the dog army with his sword raised above his head, the armies commander.

The Albino howled to the sky and and pointed his sword forward to the city, each Anubi then raised their swords and rattled them up high. Barking and howling to the sky they began to charge forward toward and prepared to attack the city!

((OOC- Ok I went off on a limb here introducing a new species, so if you want me to change it Empress Padme just say and I’ll make it Orcs or something. I just thought it would be more interesting to have Anubi than the scaly skins.

Also this City attack ill lead to my character heading into the forest where he will meet lily to join your quest, I just thought it better not to have you meet each companion at the same time. If you have a better idea for our two characters to meet just let me know.))
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-19-2007, 4:13 PM
Erames woke up from his deep sleep, the first thing that crossed his mind was the meeting with Lily and stood up to get ready for the great quest that awaited them, he readied his traveling pack, cleaned his two swords, readies his bow and filled his quiver fully, cleaned his house and left it, in direction to the forest, to meet the elven princess
 Empress Padme
07-19-2007, 6:50 PM
Lily and Roy are still near the lake when five Orcs come upon them.

One of the Orcs says" You will not go any farther on your journey.This ends now.''

They Orcs attack Lily and Roy. Lily and Roy are outnumbered. They battle them but it's a losing battle.

" Help us anybody!" Lily yells. Hoping someone hears her and helps them.

One of the Orcs knock her unconsious.She falls to the ground . Roy continues the fight in vain.
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-19-2007, 7:01 PM
An arrow flies from the bushes, piercing an orc's chest armor, killing him
"Take the princess away!" said Erames to Roy, firing his bow again, killing another orc,"I'll deal with these beasts!"

The orcs, seeing Erames as a greater thread, charged him, but it was all in vain, as he dispatched them with his sword and went to were Roy had taken the princess, "Is she alright?" he asked
 Empress Padme
07-19-2007, 7:11 PM
Roy replied to Erames " She'll be fine. She has a small bump on her head. It is not easy to kill elves. Believe it or not the princess is 500 years old. That is still young to our kind. I thought she was being paranoid but I think she is right. There is a greater evil out there." Roy looked at Lily, who was resting near a tree, asleep.

" Can you watch her , Erames. I need to tell my fellow elves of this incident. You seem capable and she seems to like and trust you." Roy asked Erames.
 Ferc Kast
07-19-2007, 9:27 PM
Owucyn started to follow these people while hiding. It's a good thing that I was raised among elves. Otherwise, this would prove more challenging. He thought to himself.

He saw yet another elf. He ran to talk with this elf. "Excuse me, but does there seem to be a problem, Master Elf?" Owucyn asked respectfully to this elf in front of him.
 Empress Padme
07-19-2007, 9:47 PM
Roy replied to Owecyn ." Yes, a Sky Elf has been injured.She's being watched by a human. Would you be so kind to go over there and help. Just in case those Orcs come back. Just tell them Roy sent you. Thank you. I must go and tell the other elves of these recent developments.''

Roy headed off to the other elves.He wasn't looking forward to telling them about Lily's injury or that he left a female elf in the company of Men.
 Daft Adidas
07-20-2007, 4:22 AM
(OOC: To DBalatro, read my last posts))
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Erames looked at the unconscious princess, 500 years old! he thought, she must have seen a lot of things, I will ask her later. H econtinued to keep watch of the surrounding, one thing he knew about the orcs is that they traveled in big numbers and had allies almost everywhere, whicked creatures who loved chaos and death, but he was sure that nothing was near, so he took out a green apple and took a bite out of it, while watching over the elven maid.
 Ferc Kast
07-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Owecyn went back and stared at this other stranger, who asked him to come along, for a minute. So, even I am being followed. Something truly must be up. He took up his staff.

"I usually wander solo. Except for one time. But, that was for a good cause with someone I knew I could trust. Let me ask you: how do I know that I can trust you?" Owecyn asked.
 Daft Adidas
07-20-2007, 10:57 AM
"Mhhm you bring good questions boy. For how you can trust me I am good friend of your mother if i am right in thinking so" said him with weird english.

"Though thou it is your choice of who you trust and hwo you don't."
 starmark2k
07-20-2007, 12:33 PM
The Hordes of Anubi had called in their Siege weapons and now Rams battered against the great Western Gate of Arothrif. The gate had been reinforced when the watch first saw the approaching Beast soldiers approach from the western deserts, but they still shook each time the ram impacted against the door of wood and steel.

Stermir stood on the wall’s balcony bow raised and aimed at those Anubi who held the battering ram. He shot an arrow down wards piecing one of the Anubi, other legionnaires did the same shooting their arrows towards the Seige weapons. With each anubi that feel another soon took its place and the bombardment continued. The dog soldier Archers had caught on to this and had begun aiming up at the legionnaires.

An arrow whizzed pass Stermir’s ear and he ducked as more flew towards him, the soldiers surrounding him began to fall as arrows pierced their armour. Stermir took his bow and began to aim at the Anubi archers in a hope that he could take enough of them down so the other archers could do their job.

He launched arrows in quick succession not taking too long to aim, some of his arrows impacted with the Anubi but others narrowly missed. He continued this for some minutes when the worse thing that could happen began.

“Slyther Ships are coming in from the Southern Shore!” One legionnaire Called.

“Orcs and Goblins are coming from the East!” Another screamed.

The situation had truly become dire, the great city of man had come under attack from three armies of three fronts. The attacks from the forces of darkness were too close and too organised to be coincidence, something organised this attack on Man.
 Empress Padme
07-20-2007, 2:49 PM
A sleeping Lily tossed and turned , her dream had suddenly turned into a nightmare.

A black shadowy ghost appeared in her dream." Do really think you can beat me ,little princess. You can't even walk straight."

The ghost laughed at her and vanished,

Lily woke up sweating.She was breathing hard. She then noticed Erames. She blushed.

" The enemy knows my mission and my weaknesses." Lily sighed." Erames how long have you been here?"
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-20-2007, 3:02 PM
Erames finished eating his apple, when suddenly he felt a strong breeze that swept the forest, making the fallen leaves fly everywhere, he noticed Lily waking up from her unconsciousness.

"Glad to see you're awake" he said with relief in his words, "I thougt I would have to carry you back to my home". He noticed that she looked scared of something, "Are you okay?"
 Ferc Kast
07-20-2007, 3:07 PM
Owecyn decided to continue to travel alone. He saw the Sky Elf that he saw before. He thought heard the words 'my mission' and 'the enemy' escape her lips. Mission? Ah. So, there is something wrong. Enemy? But, who in their right minds would wish to challenge an Elf?

"Are you all right, fair Elf?" Owecyn asked, with concern in his words. "You seem troubled about something."
 Empress Padme
07-20-2007, 3:28 PM
Lily noticed Owecyn.

She told them both." The enemy is ware of my intentions. It appeared as a shadowy ghost in my dream. There goes a sneak attack, I guess. It was right though. How can I defeat it when I can barely stand."

Lily's self assurance was quickly fading.She got up and wabbled around then fell on her butt.

" See," Lily cried." I can't even walk on two feet. All I know is flying."
 Daft Adidas
07-20-2007, 3:38 PM
The Hammerhead Wizard followed Owecyn to the group.

"When will you horrible beasts leave my forest" he cried angrily readying his staff.

"I buy forest. It mine."
Page: 1 of 3