Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What will be the big twist/secret?

Page: 2 of 5
 CraZy_B
06-16-2007, 10:06 AM
TK's clone idea is nice but if that is the case he would surely die at the end. Lucas wouldn't ruin the series with getting a clone vader(no offense)

Think about ROTS's end. One of the greatest sith lord is born... oh no wait, you get a fake.

Also: I am your father. Well actually, he's long dead I'm just a clone and this moment has no emotional value at all.

Besides, as someone said, cloning is a bit overdone, really. Boba, Luke, Emperor, C'Baoth and now Vader, too?
 Ronin`
06-16-2007, 3:40 PM
Maybe it could be vader's nephew like if Owen and Beru Lars had a kid and it was connected to the force.

Luke I am your half-brother...lol
 PoiuyWired
06-17-2007, 1:13 PM
Ah ... No.

Please no more Luke's sister-mother-niece type character. I have seen enough of those in fanfics.

Off Topic: What would be the Hero's pet? I mean, every Star Wars hero have a pet/sidekick of some kind, may it be a girlfriend, robot, carpet, or something else. Yeah Our Hero here needs a pet, and a named Vehicle.

What Vehicle would be good? I mean it has to be hyperdrive ready, so that rules out most Ties. YT series are sooo overused, and the "letter"Wings are more Alliance based (unless imperial Guard). My suggestion would be a nicely converted Naboo Vehicle, hand crafted, and souped uped, failing that it would be a Mon Cal vehicle.
 stoffe
06-17-2007, 1:38 PM
What Vehicle would be good? I mean it has to be hyperdrive ready, so that rules out most Ties. YT series are sooo overused, and the "letter"Wings are more Alliance based (unless imperial Guard).

I'd guess it is this one: screenshot (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/screenpop.html?screenNum=9&platform=unsorted&screenCount=37&imgAspectRatio=16x9&winAspectRatio=16x9)

Looks a bit Imperial and menacing in design, while it's big enough to look like more than a one-seater and be hyperspace capable.
 RC-1162
06-18-2007, 2:44 AM
Ah yes, to all those who asked about the Vader's Clone: Checky (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vader_%28clone%29)

BTW: How come there were so many concept drawings of rancors? Are they going to play a key part in the game or something? :p
 stoffe
06-18-2007, 5:51 AM
BTW: How come there were so many concept drawings of rancors? Are they going to play a key part in the game or something? :p

Perhaps one of the surviving Jedi is a Rancor? Imagine fighting a lightsaber-wielding Rancor. :D

Judging by the concept art it seems like some of the Jedi have tamed/dominated the Rancors and use them for defense.
 CraZy_B
06-18-2007, 6:20 AM
^That's just what I was thinking. The taming part that is... :)
 RC-1162
06-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Perhaps one of the surviving Jedi is a Rancor? Imagine fighting a lightsaber-wielding Rancor. :D
That's gonna be one heck of a huge lightsaber :D
 PoiuyWired
06-18-2007, 2:28 PM
Well, more like the combination of lightsaber, a big twig, and inventive use of ductapes.

As for the rancor, notice that it seems to be a sub-type. Yes probably it is the guardian of some ruins/encampment. For the record, some rancors are smart enough to talk in a language and what not, so technically there can be rancor jedis. But do you really want to meet one?

As for the vehicle. Thanks. Hmmm... the either the cockpit seems small, or that is a HUGE ship.
 JoeDoe 2.0
06-21-2007, 7:30 PM
I think the Rancors, specially the new ones, are enemies, that possibly the player is going to encounter on Felucia, which has a lot of aggressive wildlife
 PoiuyWired
06-24-2007, 8:11 AM
Well, the watery creature is probably a Felucia lifeform too. I am thinking that one of the rancor thingy would be on the "world with many crystals" as depicted in one of the arts. Elom?

To be fair though, unless you are an ninja or the like who can "disappear in force" or "make yourself small" or just an old hermit that spends most of the time "wandering along the force like a leaf blown by the wind" Chances are you would need places where your force becon would be crowded out by the surroundings.

As for the little main character of TFU, how about this line from him
"No, You Are My Father!"
Better if he is saying it to Tholme, even better if it is Vos, even moar so if its Obi Wan.
 adamqd
06-24-2007, 9:35 AM
Do you mean Illum? Could be, because it was a safe haven for Jedi after the Purge, especially one's that rode Rancors :)
 MeleeMaster
06-30-2007, 2:10 PM
I read somewhere that Vader's secret Apprentice actually has this chip on his belt that allows Vader to control him, I think I read it on Gamespot somewhere.

The plot twist could reveal that Vader on the inside is still lightside/when the chip on Vader's apprentice is broken he goes lightside, probably something along those lines, tieing into the whole lightside-darkside factor of things in Star Wars.
 Xirion
07-01-2007, 1:51 AM
interesting
 Negative Sun
07-03-2007, 3:04 PM
Palpatine is actually Vader's father! :0
That Shmi, lying to a Jedi, tsk tsk...
 PoiuyWired
07-04-2007, 3:19 AM
The theory of Palpy(plagy) using the force to create Anakin has been debated to no end.

Magical belt of control? Hmmm... sounds like DnD to me. I think this is redundent? I mean, why try to kill your pawn with some magical/explosive belt when you can force choke them from the other end of the galaxy?
 MeleeMaster
07-06-2007, 7:58 AM
I seriously read that in an official Q&A or an interview somewhere, I'm not kidding.
 PoiuyWired
07-08-2007, 2:00 PM
If so then this would be the funniest piece of equipment ever, is it like the explosive belts used on ewoks?

On the side note, those explosive belts would work wonders on a gungan.
 Xirion
07-09-2007, 1:54 AM
nice
 SithStarSlayer
07-09-2007, 12:22 PM
I read somewhere that Vader's secret Apprentice actually has this chip on his belt that allows Vader to control him, I think I read it on Gamespot somewhere.

The plot twist could reveal that Vader on the inside is still lightside/when the chip on Vader's apprentice is broken he goes lightside, probably something along those lines, tieing into the whole lightside-darkside factor of things in Star Wars.

Actually the Secret Apprentice is controlled via a neck-collar. And you will slug it out with Vader, who takes his lumps but pwns you in the end. The Battle-Damaged action figure shows just how much of a pounding that Vader can take.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/SithStarSlayer/Vaderstillpwnsu.jpg)
 PoiuyWired
07-09-2007, 3:33 PM
Neck collar, makes more sense than a belt.
 SithStarSlayer
07-09-2007, 4:17 PM
Neck collar, makes more sense than a belt.

Or the wrist-gauntlet as was first reported. :fire2:
That would be flat out stupid, because anyone who wanted freedom bad enough would just lop-off the hand and get a mechno replacement. Especially a darksider. The biggest retcon-relevations are how Vader got his injuries. My favorite spoiler that may or may not be confirmed is that the Secret Apprentice knows :ben: whereabouts and the secret he's hiding... and lets them live.

Just remember that you saw it here first, LOL.
 DarthMaphisto86
07-10-2007, 4:46 AM
I don't think there is some huge secret that will change the face of the whole Star Wars story. They just said we will see Vader in a different light (not that we have already with the prequels). I think the game will simply reveal Darth Vader's motivations for continuing to serve Palpatine and/or how he embraces his Sith identity despite regretting his past actions. Ever since I saw AOTC & especially ROTS, I saw Anakin-Vader as on a "slippery slope" into the darkside, being motivated by four things: first his fear of losing the ones he loves (mother, then Padme and their child), his growing paranoia and distrust of the Jedi (feuled by Palpatine and his discussions with Anakin), his fear of answering for Windu's death thus leading him to impulsively embrace the dark side and finally, his lust for power and freedom to do as he wishes. I feel that in the Force Unleashed, we will see Darth Vader become more the evil we see in the original trilogy.
 Jedi MasterRoot
07-19-2007, 2:13 PM
Ok I couldn't get past the 3rd portion of this!!! Most of the ideas-No ALL the ideas that I saw were stupid, lame and impossible!! Seriously, I mean come on! This game is being supervised by George Lucas himself!! Do you really think he would make something that lame? Jeez Incometence thats what this is! Pure incometence. :lsduel: :lightning :vsd: :emperor:
 PoiuyWired
07-19-2007, 6:28 PM
One thing for sure... if GL plays too much a part in it then the Dialogues would suck ass big time. We have seen how anakin speaks in PT.
 Ztalker
08-02-2007, 9:20 AM
Ehm...I don't think Vader would battle his Apprentice. He has moral issues with that since he trained Tao as well, which he was forced to kill at the end.

Tao: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tao)

Why not this:
The Empire finds out about Vader's little scheme to overthrow him with a padawan. Vader is forced to start his plan to early, and a not-strong-enough apprentice and himself go and attack an important facility (Probably Biss or something) to start the plan. Vader still forces him with the colar. Here, DV is severly wounded (hence the figure) and the Apprentice is near-dead. Just before dying, Vader removes the Apprentice's control-colar and the apprentice goes LS. Then stands up, ask Vader to go away, says something like: "You are a good man. Never forget that."
Then goes Chuck Norris on the facility taking thousands of soldiers and Imperials with him before finally dying, speaking his last words: "Juno...i love you."

...to dramatic? :xp:

Edit: (From Wookiepedia)
When Vader deemed his training complete, he sent his apprentice on a series of trials to destroy his enemies. When those trials were complete, Vader finally sent him on a mission to hunt down a single rogue Jedi. Vader hoped that this mission would deem him ready to stand with him to confront and destroy Palpatine.

Edit;Edit: Forget about Tao, he's not trained until 1aby, that's after TFU takes place...
 PoiuyWired
08-02-2007, 9:44 AM
Ehm...I don't think Vader would battle his Apprentice. He has moral issues with that since he trained Tao as well, which he was forced to kill at the end.

Tao: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tao)

Why not this:
The Empire finds out about Vader's little scheme to overthrow him with a padawan. Vader is forced to start his plan to early, and a not-strong-enough apprentice and himself go and attack an important facility (Probably Biss or something) to start the plan. Vader still forces him with the colar. Here, DV is severly wounded (hence the figure) and the Apprentice is near-dead. Just before dying, Vader removes the Apprentice's control-colar and the apprentice goes LS. Then stands up, ask Vader to go away, says something like: "You are a good man. Never forget that."
Then goes Chuck Norris on the facility taking thousands of soldiers and Imperials with him before finally dying, speaking his last words: "Juno...i love you."

...to dramatic?

Well, to be Dramatic you have to let Juno be the traitor. Let her be the one that shoots This Chuck Norris guy down. Then you get the scene where Juno runs a stream of tears along her face and left.

Oh, please don't yell "NONE SHALL PASS"
 Ztalker
08-02-2007, 1:09 PM
Crap...I knew I missed something..."None Shall Pass!" :xp:
 LordSerion
08-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Sidious knew about this "Secret Apprentice" from the beginning. I belive, in the end we can choose, whether we kill Sidious or Vader (the latter is easyer, just blast him with Force Lightning, and he is done for good - like in RotJ). Wasn't this 'None shall pass!' line said during the Yuuzhan Wong War?
 Darth Moeller
08-12-2007, 10:45 AM
I don't think either Vader of Sidious will die though because the ending of the game will be canon in the Star Wars universe. So it has to fit in with the movies.
 PoiuyWired
08-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Sidious can certainly Die. He will just return to his bedroom and pulls out a new body under his carpet.
 Alexander the Great
08-12-2007, 1:24 PM
Malak Quote: "Im... impossible. I... I cannot be beaten. I am the Dark Lord of the Sith. "

Dark Lords can't die. Ever. No matter what. Even if their soul is destroyed, their body is thrown into a reactor core, and every trace of their DNA is lost. Why? Because Malak said so. Bald people never lie.
 patrickmc
08-13-2007, 1:16 PM
The secret is that the secret apprentice is son of obi-wan kenobi.

(That's my guess :P)
 LordSerion
08-15-2007, 5:56 AM
You meant that the Dark Side doesn't die, didn't you, GrayMusic?
 PoiuyWired
08-15-2007, 9:50 AM
ObiWan's Gemale Plaything is long dead, so its probably not his son. And ObiWan seems to prefer Krayt Dragons.
 Alexander the Great
08-15-2007, 8:08 PM
You meant that the Dark Side doesn't die, didn't you, GrayMusic?

Actually, I wasn't being serious. I know Dark Lords die.
 JoeDoe 2.0
08-15-2007, 8:20 PM
They do!? That's a shocker!!! :p

Jedi spirits FTW!!!
 LordSerion
08-16-2007, 11:32 AM
What about Exar Kun's spirit, eh? Or Palpatine's? Sith spirits, FTW!
 Ronin`
08-16-2007, 11:39 AM
What about Exar Kun's spirit, eh? Or Palpatine's? Sith spirits, FTW!

How bout this one: Marka Ragnos FTW!
http://www.swg1.net/encyclo/images/marka_ragnos.jpg)
 Ztalker
08-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Hmmm....I recall sabering the hell out of Ragnos whilst playing a certain Jaden Korr. Memory is a bit vague though :xp:

So he wasn't THAT immortal....
 Ronin`
08-16-2007, 2:11 PM
Hmmm....I recall sabering the hell out of Ragnos whilst playing a certain Jaden Korr. Memory is a bit vague though :xp:

So he wasn't THAT immortal....

I havent played Jedi Academy. That picture is from the Tales of the Jedi comics.
 Alexander the Great
08-18-2007, 3:54 PM
The Ragnos from JK3 was a weaker version of him. His spirit was dormant for thousands of years and he was controlling some Sith wannabe. It was basically you fighting a Dark Jedi with a bit more power than usual. Ragnos himself was one of the most powerful Sith Lords there ever was.
 RellioN
08-23-2007, 2:49 AM
I hope that they also let you do some non-canon stuff, like overthrow vader and sidious :p, like there were non-canon storylines in kotor.

Anyways, I think that it will have a lot to do with the apprentice fighting the Imperials in the teaser. You see him take down large starships and kill stormtroopers.
 Ronin`
08-23-2007, 7:43 AM
The Ragnos from JK3 was a weaker version of him. His spirit was dormant for thousands of years and he was controlling some Sith wannabe. It was basically you fighting a Dark Jedi with a bit more power than usual. Ragnos himself was one of the most powerful Sith Lords there ever was.

Exactly.
 wazmol69
08-23-2007, 3:25 PM
i swear that maul was due to come back at this time to fight vader or obi wan (cant remember)

maybe just maybe...

-Waz
 Alexander the Great
08-23-2007, 7:31 PM
i swear that maul was due to come back at this time to fight vader or obi wan (cant remember)

maybe just maybe...

-Waz

Yeah, Sidious resurrects Maul to fight Vader as a test of his strength. I don't think it will be in this game, though.
 Ronin`
08-24-2007, 8:30 AM
Yeah, Sidious resurrects Maul to fight Vader as a test of his strength.

Cool, I didn't know that. :mauls:
 LordSerion
08-24-2007, 9:27 AM
And Vader won by stabbing through his own chest, thereby stabbing Maul as well. Sidious didn't resurrected Maul himself, but a group of Dark "wizards". After the fight, Sidious appeared, and slaughtered them himself.
 JoeDoe 2.0
08-24-2007, 9:43 AM
Sith are really bloodthirsty, well, some of them are. Jacen FTW!
 PoiuyWired
08-24-2007, 2:32 PM
Yeah, Sidious resurrects Maul to fight Vader as a test of his strength. I don't think it will be in this game, though.

Ah Ha, that wonderful story from the Infinites of Star Wars Tales. Wonderful times.

I think Vader is also being a bit emo in the same story, yelling things like "I Hate Myself"

For some reason I always think that This Sirron Kcuhc guy would eithr be killed by Lady Eclipse or have some dealings with the evil Sith Prophets.
Page: 2 of 5