Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fallout 3

Page: 1 of 4
 Sabretooth
06-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Who else is rooting for Fallout 3? I'm thinking it's gonna be one hell of an awesome game, especially since Bethesda is developing it. Check out the concept art at the game's site (http://fallout.bethsoft.com/) . It's looking awesome.

I've played Fallout 1 and 2, but never completed them, I'm afraid. They were real fun games, but I just got bored with them because they were really old. Still, it was awesome to play an RPG in semi-modern/sci-fi setting.

The game's site says that the teaser will be out tomorrow. I'm starting to wet my pants here.
 Quanon
06-04-2007, 11:21 AM
AH , great news :)

Have Fallout 2 but never got very far into the game ; but I like the setting of the game .

Reminds me of Mad Max :D !!!! Yeah can't wait to see some actual in-game shots.
 Ghost Down
06-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Let's hope that it ain't gonna be an Oblivion clone..

- Ghost Down
 Arбtoeldar
06-04-2007, 5:57 PM
Let's hope that it ain't gonna be an Oblivion clone..

- Ghost Down

That is exactly what I am a afraid it will be. After reading what the developers have stated. For one thing they have stated that the game will no longer carry the M rating. Instead they are going for a T rating so as sell more games on the consoles. The fact they they are even making this game for the Xbox360 highly irritates me. They have already said they won't do the game in the isometric view. Which is ok if they went with the style used in NWN2 but that won't happen either. :mad::(
 Lantzen
06-06-2007, 11:27 AM
From what i have read, there will be Mature Rating. And a trailer is up on the official page. War. War never changes.
 Sabretooth
06-07-2007, 1:12 AM
The teaser is rather disappointing. I was hoping to see more of the Fallout world. :( Well, atleast the whole thing seems to be in the same world of Fallout 1 and 2. I hope the reveal more details soon...
 Lantzen
06-07-2007, 6:30 AM
I liked the teaser, and thats really the only real info about the game that it is, the teaser is also made by the game engine Fallout3 will use. Now when they have gave us the teaser they will probaly start to give us some more info
 tk102
09-04-2007, 7:26 PM
I see the release date set for Sept 9, 2008, ten years since the release of Fallout 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_2).

Gametap recently posted an interview (http://www.gametap.com/home/read/article/8a25090114bc79790114bd403ea50dc8) with the F3's lead designer Emil Pagliarulo. Enjoy!
 Sabretooth
09-05-2007, 1:34 AM
Man, 10 years. Bethesda better not screw this up. Fallout is the one series of games where a game can be either really awesome or crap.
 Lantzen
09-05-2007, 9:48 AM
Sadly the more i read of the game, the more i reliease how much Betheseda will screw it up. It will maybe be a good game, but It won't be a true Fallout game.

Like taking some exampels, and this is just some of the things in a long line

There wont be any negative effects, and you can get addictive to drugs. But they will still have drugs like Jet in the game... Half the story line of New Reno/Reddings is how bad effect the Jet drug have on people and how addictive it is, and now they just throw that away. Great job

There won't be any prostitute, or anythings like that. This also effected the story line in the earlier ones, how hard is it to have a fade to black screen like in Fable and some other games ?

And the last thing im gonna write, no child killing, but there will be children in the game, wtf ? So we will have imortal children running around ?

Like i said, this is just some of the thing the change and for some people it maybe ain't a problem that they take some of theses things away, but i think it is. It's the details in the earlier Fallout games that make them so great, that i still do a rerun on them from time to time
 stoffe
09-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Like i said, this is just some of the thing the change and for some people it maybe ain't a problem that they take some of theses things away, but i think it is. It's the details in the earlier Fallout games that make them so great, that i still do a rerun on them from time to time

Seems like game developers have to be a lot more careful what they put in their games nowadays compared to 10 years ago. Sexual themes, drugs and violence against children and the like is something they apparently need to tip-toe around. (Like how Bethesda had to censor the content of some in-game books in Morrowind from their original version in earlier TES games :)) Curiously some other fairly nasty themes are apparently OK though (like excessive blood and gore in some action games, the Dark Brotherhood quest line in Oblivion etc)

I guess this comes from games being more in the spotlight nowadays, being credited by some as the source of all evils in western society (even though you can usually see much worse than what most games contain every day on TV in your average thriller/drama/action movie).
 stingerhs
09-05-2007, 10:14 AM
^^^^
sounds to me like your nitpicking at the really fine details. unless the devs are going to significantly alter the gameplay (which might occur), then i can understand getting a bit concerned. otherwise, messing with the fine details isn't going to make a really major difference on anything. ;)

as for me, this is one game that i'm really looking forward to, and i'm glad that the release date isn't set till next year. this year's fall lineup is way too crowded. :)
 Lantzen
09-05-2007, 11:48 AM
So changing the hole battlesystem aint significantly alter the gameplay ? :)
And like i said, IMO and i know many more that think this, is the details that makes the game.

And stoffe i agree it's really weird, if you do a Computer Game Vs TV/Movies, things that don't make you raise a eyebrow if it's on TV, start so big debates if the same things happens in a game.

I really don't think Betheseda is in lack of better words, matured enough to do a sequence to the Fallout serie. It would have been another thing if they just setted the game in the Fallout universe like BoS is, just that little thing makes a huge diffrente, But by naming it Fallout 3, they set a bar.

And one more thing, they have been releasing "Inside the Vault" interviews with some of the members, and like half of them havent played the earlier Fallout games, some did it after they started to work with Fallout3 :/
 Sabretooth
09-05-2007, 1:23 PM
Actually, one of the things that appealed to me when I played the first two Fallouts was the grim sarcasm that lay just beneath the surface. Even when the game tried to be serious, you could just sense a dark, disturbed joke underneath it all.

Fallout was also artistically impressive because it melded the post-apocalyptic and post-WW2/Cold War genres together with the right dose of reality. I mean, prostitutes, drugs, booze, killing - it's just there in reality. The problem is that games have made it to mainstream entertainment and now they don't want any of that here.

If you ask me, it is with this flavour alone that a Fallout game can be made. You really aren't making Fallout if you don't have the black comedy, the very Fallout-ness present in the earlier games. Bethesda is taking a big risk and the more I learn about this game, the more a sinking feeling appears in my heart.
 Pavlos
04-10-2008, 11:37 AM
*blows off dust*

Source (http://fallout3.wordpress.com/2008/04/07/fallout-3-the-new-pictures-at-pcgamesde/)

We have some new pictures of Fallout 3 out. I'm quite impressed with Bethesda's art direction, even if I'm not that fond of their use of lighting. Maybe it's just me but this shot (http://fallout3.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/fallout10.jpg) seems to miss out on the perfect opportunity to use some pretty intense shadows. Instead, all we have are bloom effects.

I love this one (http://fallout3.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/fallout12.jpg). A birthday party in a dank, metallic vault, the people aren't even enjoying themselves. Taking the picture of idyllic 1950s America and twisting it. Fallout at its best.
 Sabretooth
04-10-2008, 12:03 PM
The reason might be that these are still early development builds, but the graphics don't really look very impressive to me, honestly - they are a far cry for current standards like say, Mass Effect or Assassin's Creed (I'm not mentioning Crysis here, because the game requires a NASA supercomputer to run or something).
 The Source
04-12-2008, 11:40 AM
My opinion only: I didn't buy FallOut until it was released for $10.00. After it was released into the budget software section in Wall-Mart, I decided to give the game a shot. Truthfully, I was not very impressed. I couldn't really get into the game. I consider "FallOut" as one of those series, which you buy when you have a few bucks to throw away. I have deep respect for cult fans, and I think "FallOut" most likely does have a selective group. If I had to place it into a game hirearchy (of what I consider purchase worthy games), I would have to place it some where bellow "Monopoly" or "Jeopardy". No offense to the fan base, but I personally believe there are games more worthy of purchase.

I do respect the cult following though. Since I'm one of those Duke Nukem and Doom fans, I can respect why someone would like this game. I just have different tastes.
 Lantzen
04-12-2008, 7:15 PM
And what does that have to do with Fallout 3 ?
 The Source
04-15-2008, 10:59 AM
And what does that have to do with Fallout 3 ?
When I read the article on "StarWarsKnights.com", the tittle for the forums said, "FallOut 3: Like it or dislike it? Tell us!". So, I replied.
 Lantzen
04-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Yeah, but you above post have nothing to do with Fallout3, you only talking about the earlier games. And thats just to bash it, you don't say why you didn't like the game except you coulden't get into it. And thats very vague
 tk102
04-15-2008, 11:42 AM
[the graphics] are a far cry for current standards like say, Mass Effect or Assassin's Creed (I'm not mentioning Crysis here, because the game requires a NASA supercomputer to run or something).

No, they are a far cry from the Fallout and Fallout 2. :D I think there some of us who can still enjoy a low-res game like Fallout and Fallout 2 who won't mind (in fact prefer) if FO3 wasn't on bleeding edge of graphical madness as long as the dialogs and music pull off the ambiance of its predecessors. Bethesda already owes me one graphics card for Oblivion. :xp:

Edit: It's a big set of shoes to step into. FO and FO2 had what seemed to be just the right ratio of abstraction and realism to put the player in the setting. Since FO3 will be much more graphically intense, there will be fewer gaps for the player's imagination to fill. The designers will have that much harder of a job to recreate the Fallout world and mood.
 Lord of Banthas
04-15-2008, 9:47 PM
No, they are a far cry from the Fallout and Fallout 2. :D I think there some of us who can still enjoy a low-res game like Fallout and Fallout 2 who won't mind (in fact prefer) if FO3 wasn't on bleeding edge of graphical madness as long as the dialogs and music pull off the ambiance of its predecessors. Bethesda already owes me one graphics card for Oblivion. :xp:

Sadly, that group of people is rapidly diminishing as good old fashioned storytelling, character development and gameplay are replaced by shiny graphics and bloom. Lots and lots of bloom. My favorite computer game happens to be Arcanum, which was made by Troika, a now-defunct company which included several people from Black Isle Studios, the wonderful developers of Fallout. Guess what? It's an isometric 2D game, and I still play it regularly and enjoy it immensely. In fact, I believe many RPGs would actually benefit from "weaker" graphics, leaving room for imagination and focusing more on story.

People nowadays forget what an RPG is. Anything with stat points and XP gains is called an RPG. It doesn't matter if it's completely linear and there's virtually no choice, it's a role-playing game. Never mind the actual "playing a role" part, we'll gladly trade that for high-poly models and HDR. That or multiple endings. There's another thing that pisses me off. You can have an entire game that is completely linear except for having a few choices at the very end (I'm thinking of something like Dark Messiah here) and all of a sudden, it's an RPG. Not that Dark Messiah is a bad game, I actually enjoyed it a lot, it's just not an RPG. Of course, under this whole "let's call everything an RPG" craze which stems from the old days of Diablo (also a good game), Dark Messiah is an RPG, and one that offers you plenty of choices, I mean, you actually have a skill tree! :rolleyes:

I apologize for going so out of topic, but this is just one of those things that really gets me riled up. So, getting back on track: Fallout 3, possibly a good game, horrible Fallout sequel. I cringe whenever I read a Bethesda interview about F3. The amount of ridiculous changes they make for no reason than to appeal to a completely different crowd than the first two games (which are the only real Fallout games made so far, BoS and Tactics don't count) is overwhelming. So that's one game I'm REALLY not looking forward to. Also, I should mention I feel Oblivion is a sorry excuse of a game, and I bought it having believed Bethesda's wild and completely unfounded claims about the game, the greatest example of which is the (not so) Radiant AI, so please excuse me for not getting my hopes up.
 Pavlos
04-16-2008, 8:47 AM
So, getting back on track: Fallout 3, possibly a good game, horrible Fallout sequel. I cringe whenever I read a Bethesda interview about F3.
This basically sums up my feelings toward Fallout 3. Although, I honestly don't think that Arcanum matches up to Torment or Fallout 2 but that's for another topic :).
 Lantzen
04-16-2008, 3:45 PM
Like i wise man sayed on another fourm im a member off ^^ *Rought translation* I long for this game like hell, but the Fallout-fanboy inside of me weep bloods evrytime i read a preview
 Pavlos
04-25-2008, 12:03 PM
I often feel I'll shouting these things into a dark, mauve void.

Anyway, Eurogamer has uploaded a preview of Fallout 3 for your enjoyment. (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=134466)

Worryingly, as so many things seem to be with Bethesda's treatment of the Fallout franchise, they seem to have left Eurogamer with the impression that this is Oblivion... only when you shoot cars, they set off nuclear explosions. Why Bethesda is making "the next logical step on from Oblivion" and not the next logical step on from Fallout is beyond me but that seems to be what they're doing.

Hope for Fallout fans, however, hasn't remained trapped in the Pandora's Box that is the story of the licence's purchase by Bethesda. Hines, through the medium of Gillen (your friendly neighbourhood Eurogamer reporter), says, "The point is to show that we're a long way from the 'Yes, I'll help you'/'Yes, I'll help you for three pounds fifty and a cheeseburger'/'I WILL KILL YOU AND TAKE YOUR STUFF' conversation options with which most modern RPGs satisfy themselves." Although, being "a much more dense conversational game than Oblivion" is hardly the most taxing thing for a game developer to do.

How old must Dogmeat be by now, anyway?
 Corinthian
04-25-2008, 12:16 PM
About in his sixties. Still, he could be a mutant dog. Super Mutants are supposedly immortal. I mean, not when they're getting Minigunned, but, you know.

I can see why they're taking the next step from Oblivion - they didn't work on Fallout. I doubt anyone from the original Fallout team is on their design team. Obsidian is currently working on other sequels to other people's work. Ironic, really. I wonder if Obsidian will make TES V. They'll probably not finish it or you'll die at the very ending of rocks falling...

Anyway, it makes sense that they're moving on, gameplay design wise, from an Oblivion base. I just hope they put some real effort into plot this time, and don't have enemies scaling. I want to get myself killed so bad I'm still aching from the beating I recieve hours later.
 Lantzen
04-25-2008, 2:28 PM
Serious, that you need to take up rock falls evryone dies in your evry post start to become tiring, maybe you should use it as a signature if you want to whinne about it at evry chance you get ?

The enemy wont level with you, that was one of the first info they released way back. And i love that, some areas you are meant to die a gruseome death if you go there to early. And the bandits with the glass armours and stuff in Oblivion was just ridicouls, with that amount of money they could live a happy life not being a bandit :xp:

Yes, I'll help you'/'Yes, I'll help you for three pounds fifty and a cheeseburger'/'I WILL KILL YOU AND TAKE YOUR STUFF' conversation options with which most modern RPGs satisfy themselves" I wonder what RPG games he have played :confused: Just Oblivion ? Because most RPG games i played the last years have some more dialougs choises then that...
 Corinthian
04-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Sorry, I just played NWN2 again - bored. EXTREMELY bored, and my copy of MOTB won't be here for another day at least. I cheated the whole way through, 50 to every stat and IT STILL TOOK FOREVER TO KILL THE BLOODY KING OF SHADOWS. Then, after that, to see that 'Nobody ever finds your squished bodies' thing frankly sticks in my craw. Combine that with the fairly rampant Obsidian Fanboys on this forum and I want to puke. Have to get the bile out some way or it'll burn it's way up and out, so I complain.

And, hey, in some games (TSL) you don't even get those options, it's "I'll give you five credits which will sign your death warrant because of the Feral Beggar Tribes down in Nar Shaddaa" or "I won't give you credits, causing you to go cry and then go berserk when someone attempts to console you and you tear his throat out and dine upon his corpse.
 SpaceAlex
04-26-2008, 4:06 AM
Sorry, I just played NWN2 again - bored. EXTREMELY bored, and my copy of MOTB won't be here for another day at least. I cheated the whole way through, 50 to every stat and IT STILL TOOK FOREVER TO KILL THE BLOODY KING OF SHADOWS. Then, after that, to see that 'Nobody ever finds your squished bodies' thing frankly sticks in my craw. Combine that with the fairly rampant Obsidian Fanboys on this forum and I want to puke. Have to get the bile out some way or it'll burn it's way up and out, so I complain.

And, hey, in some games (TSL) you don't even get those options, it's "I'll give you five credits which will sign your death warrant because of the Feral Beggar Tribes down in Nar Shaddaa" or "I won't give you credits, causing you to go cry and then go berserk when someone attempts to console you and you tear his throat out and dine upon his corpse.

Do you have to complain about Obsidian games in every single thread? :rolleyes: Nobody really cares, mate. If you don't like their games, just don't play them. It's that easy.

Also, if someone likes Obsidian games, it doesn't automatically make him/her a fanboy. Obviously people will be pissed off if you make them look like idiots because they like OE games.
 Achilles
04-26-2008, 4:18 AM
Do you have to complain about Obsidian games in every single thread? :rolleyes: Nobody really cares, mate. If you don't like their games, just don't play them. It's that easy.

Also, if someone likes Obsidian games, it doesn't automatically make him/her a fanboy. Obviously people will be pissed off if you make them look like idiots because they like OE games.User CP > Miscellaneous > Buddy/Ignore Lists > Ignore List

or just click on the name and look for the "Add ______ to Your Ignore List" link/button under "View Public Profile". I hope that helps.
 SilentScope001
04-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Do you have to complain about Obsidian games in every single thread? :rolleyes: Nobody really cares, mate.

Well, um, I care.

But I do agree that the above posts/flames are so off-topic from discussing The Elder Scrolls: Fallout, so let get off that.
 Pavlos
07-07-2008, 2:47 PM
Source (http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43207) und this (http://www.nma-fallout.com/)

The first Fallout 3 hands-on preview has been released in a Polish magazine, PSX Extreme, as well as PSM3 so pop out and buy either of them if you're a fan of the series or just have a masochistic desire to see more of your childhood raped and then cut up into little pieces with a rusty hatchet.

Bethesda seems to have a penchant for whimsical names; 'Bigtown' and 'Germantown' will stalk me in nightmares for decades to come. Whatever happened to the 'Café of Broken Dreams', eh?
The role of Charisma is lower than in previous games, Fallout 3 relies on combat much more than FO1 and FO2. However, we'll be able to use stealth throughout most of the game.

It's nice to know that stealth is often (if not always) an option but the reliance on combat over charisma seems to betray what Fallout excelled at and, to my knowledge, pioneered: dialogue options that are conditional on having points in a certain skill. If you remove that then the only thing that makes this game Fallout 3 is the impossibly devoted fan-base.
 Pavlos
07-09-2008, 6:22 PM
Source (http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43266)

Both Kotaku (http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/07/its_official_fallout_3_refused_classification_in_a) ustralia.html) and Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/09/fallout-3-refused-classification-in-australia) are reporting that Fallout 3 has been refused classification down under.

This means that under Australian law it will be illegal for anyone to sell, buy, import, play or even look at the manual of Fallout 3. Presumably some one in the censor's office made a topless mod for Brotherhood of Steel members...
 Arбtoeldar
07-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Source (http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43207) und this (http://www.nma-fallout.com/)

The first Fallout 3 hands-on preview has been released in a Polish magazine, PSX Extreme, as well as PSM3 so pop out and buy either of them if you're a fan of the series or just have a masochistic desire to see more of your childhood raped and then cut up into little pieces with a rusty hatchet.

Bethesda seems to have a penchant for whimsical names; 'Bigtown' and 'Germantown' will stalk me in nightmares for decades to come. Whatever happened to the 'Cafй of Broken Dreams', eh?

"The role of Charisma is lower than in previous games, Fallout 3 relies on combat much more than FO1 and FO2. However, we'll be able to use stealth throughout most of the game."

It's nice to know that stealth is often (if not always) an option but the reliance on combat over charisma seems to betray what Fallout excelled at and, to my knowledge, pioneered: dialogue options that are conditional on having points in a certain skill. If you remove that then the only thing that makes this game Fallout 3 is the impossibly devoted fan-base.

More & more it seems that Fallout 3 will be Oblivion with guns. :mad::(
 Pavlos
07-12-2008, 6:55 AM
Source (http://www.nma-fallout.com/)

Perhaps in fear of being overshadowed by Dragon Age: Origins, Bethesda has decided to release a teaser trailer of their own (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36039.html) to show off Fallout 3's graphics.

I get a wonderful sense of dйjа vu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkBNKa2KXZE) when watching this but I'd imagine that's intentional on Bethesda's part.

The surreal image of a skeleton watching the television notwithstanding (I'm going to pretend that it's a humorous comment on the American attachment to the television, you can delude yourself too if you like), the game looks... astounding. Nice choice of music, as well, given that the place is entirely deserted.
 Lantzen
07-14-2008, 8:50 PM
New trailer, and actualy gameplay is on gametrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36238.html)
 Arбtoeldar
07-15-2008, 10:02 PM
New trailer, and actualy gameplay is on gametrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36238.html)

The more I see the more I am convinced that Fallout 3 = Oblivion with guns. Heaven forbid they show some dialog or your PC interacting with a NPC. It's too slow for the ADHD button mashing console kiddies. :rolleyes::swear::headbump:

Kind of Spoilerish Preview

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/fallout-3/preview/fallout-3-hands-on/a-20080714133932662026/g-20070327151320531089)

Edit:Gamespot Fallout3 Preview (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fallout3/news.html?sid=6193933&om_act=convert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1)
 Miltiades
07-16-2008, 7:41 AM
Yup, haven't seen any dialog. Doesn't bode well for that aspect of the game. I think this is a game I won't view the reviews of, because you know they'll be enthusiastic and full of praise about it, like they were about Oblivion (which I didn't find that good at all).
 Quanon
07-16-2008, 9:04 AM
Fallout 3 = Oblivion with guns. [/URL]

A First Person Shooter with stats and expirience gathering.

I'm not sure what to think about it, it does look nice and I think it could be a fun game.

I did enjoy Morrowind and its expansions plus dozens of mods. The exploring of the world and some fun missions somehow sucked me in.

Though storywize... uh... story or plot... lets hope they haven't forgot about that.
 Arбtoeldar
07-16-2008, 8:35 PM
 Lantzen
07-17-2008, 7:39 PM
I actualy wonder wtf are Enclave doing there in the gameplay video

Didn't you like blow there mainbase up in the end of Fallout2 ? :xp: Lazzy Betheseda that they can't find a new faction that is the threat and need to reuse the old enemys. First it was that mutants aint friendly anymore like in Fallout2 and now the Enclave.
 Arбtoeldar
07-18-2008, 2:10 PM
Any one else call the 1-888-4VAULT-TEC number from the Perfect Life trailer? :lol::xp:
 Arбtoeldar
07-24-2008, 2:03 PM
I guess my worst fears about the combat have been confirmed by the Sept PC Gamer preview. :firemad::(

I'm sure a lot of you have already read it, but I just skimmed through PC Gamer's preview of you guessed it--the PC version.

They had nothing but good things to say about it. They did reiterate what some of you guys have already said about how it pretty much functions as a FPS regardless of the incorporate of VATS. Sounds like this is one I'll be picking up after all.
 patient_zero
07-26-2008, 7:28 PM
I'll admit I'm a little afraid of reading too much about Fallout 3 - all I know of the first two are the dazzling recommendations it's given by half the forum, and I'm definitely not an Oblivion fan.

But I did pre-order Fallout 3 while on an "it's free so why not?" pre-order spree a couple of weeks ago. And after watching the trailer and flicking through the gallery, I like the art style, though I'm hoping the game play will be more Mass Effect than Oblivion With Guns.

Though I guess Fallout 3 has a problem - it's the sequel to a highly acclaimed series, and though it may be adequate on it's own, it might not live up to the first two, in the same way I frown at KotOR 2 not for being bad but for having a different "feel" than KotOR 1.
 Pavlos
07-27-2008, 5:28 AM
The issue is not that Fallout 3 has a different 'feel', to be honest. It's more that Bethesda have thrown away an awful lot of the gameplay mechanics that made the game what it was.

I don't know... maybe it's a bit of nostalgia on my part (although I played Fallout 2 again recently and still rank it as one of the best games of all time) but I just can't accept Bethesda's child into the Fallout family. It may say, "Fallout," on the box but it won't be Fallout :).
 patient_zero
07-27-2008, 5:48 AM
I think I can understand that sentiment. Hell, I pretend most of the Spyro series doesn't exist because I don't like what happened to it after it changed developers.
 Arбtoeldar
08-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Enough with the Bioshock hoohaa cause we got a megaton. Bethesda held a demo in Taiwan and apparently our friends to the east are a little less respectful of the whole "no recording devices please" thing. Tons and tons of spoilery shots.

Link: UnderOne (http://www.cng4u.com/2008/08/16/fallout-3-scans/) (Google translation (http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cng4u.com%2F2008%2F08) %2F16%2Ffallout-3-scans%2F&hl=zh-CN&ie=UTF8&sl=zh-CN&tl=en))
Link: CatchPlay (http://www.catchplay.com/tw/?pg=games_news_item&id=3210) (Google translation (http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=zh-CN&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.catchplay.com/tw/%3Fpg%3Dgames_news_item%26id%3D3210&usg=ALkJrhjGq-16IKfUgo9EwJAQEs2PFEcEVA))

From NMA

Something I saw on SA.
 Arбtoeldar
08-21-2008, 9:36 AM
Tuesday, October 28 (http://bethblog.com/index.php/2008/08/20/prepare-for-october-2/)

Official release date.
 Pavlos
09-28-2008, 7:55 AM
Source (http://uk.pc.ign.com/)

IGN has played through the first six hours of Fallout 3 and written up their thoughts in this handy, pocket-sized preview (http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/914/914086p1.html), yours for only two shillings and sixpence. Can't say fairer than that.

Please be aware that the video included in this preview contains a fair amount of violence and doesn't seem to be age locked.

As my six hours with Fallout 3 came to a close, I brought up the map to see how much ground I had covered. It turned out that I didn't see anything from the entire northern half. Even with limiting my travels to the southern region, there were still large areas I hadn't yet had a chance to explore. This game is huge and the satisfaction you get from exploring is just as big. It's been over a week since I played and I still can't shake the desire to go back and look around some more. October 28 can't come soon enough.
 Corinthian
09-28-2008, 8:00 AM
That should hopefully silence some of the too-loud whining of the general public. Not that the Fallout 3 forums will ever be anything more than an endless horde of bats, screaming as they circle a pillar of pure obsidian.
Page: 1 of 4