Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The HK-50 Droid Factory Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Shotgunner
01-10-2007, 5:56 PM
I'm looking for the HK-50 Droid Mod, and to no great surprise, when I went to PCGM to get it they are down again. Does anyone know where else this mod is hosted? I also kneed to know how to get into the area, as I remember that the mod is not 100% - you had to "warp" into it.
 mjpb3
01-10-2007, 7:42 PM
That sounds like an Action Replay XBox savegame I downloaded once. Is it possible that it was an XBox save?

EDIT: Ah, no, maybe this is what you mean:
http://www.team-gizka.org/downloads.html)

Look under Miscellaneous
 jonathan7
01-10-2007, 7:46 PM
EDIT: Ah, no, maybe this is what you mean:
http://www.team-gizka.org/downloads.html) Look under Miscellaneous

Beat me to it! :p

I don't actually know if there is a mod for this, but if you wait for TSLRP then it will be fully restored in that (along with alot of other stuff). Visit the site to check out what they are doing... www.team-gizka.org)

BTW normally when requesting a mod from PCGM you should ask for it here -> http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2245679#post2245679)

So the mods may close this thread but dont worry about it :)

Welcome to the forums as well!
 Kitty Kitty
01-10-2007, 8:14 PM
I don't actually know if there is a mod for this, but if you wait for TSLRP then it will be fully restored in that (along with alot of other stuff). Visit the site to check out what they are doing... www.team-gizka.org)

Not to rain on any parades, but the TSLRP has stated that they are NOT working on M4-78. There is however a seperate restoration effort ongoing for that project, which has a hosted forum over on Team Gizka's site.

That is, so says their FAQ anyway. If that is merely out of date information and I am mistaken, then just ignore me. ;)

It may sound like a small distinction, but it's an important one. Otherwise folks will be grabbing up the TSLRP (when released) and expecting --but not finding-- the droid planet, which would make for some very unhappy campers. ;)

-Kitt
 mjpb3
01-10-2007, 8:23 PM
BTW normally when requesting a mod from PCGM you should ask for it here -> http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2245679#post2245679)

Good grief! *smacks head* and here I was thinking I was in the request section, too. :animelol:

Yes, mod requests (for mods or links to mods) should be made in the Modding Requests (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635) section. My bad!
 Jolly Boots
01-10-2007, 8:35 PM
Not to rain on any parades, but the TSLRP has stated that they are NOT working on M4-78. There is however a seperate restoration effort ongoing for that project, which has a hosted forum over on Team Gizka's site.

That is, so says their FAQ anyway. If that is merely out of date information and I am mistaken, then just ignore me. ;)

It may sound like a small distinction, but it's an important one. Otherwise folks will be grabbing up the TSLRP (when released) and expecting --but not finding-- the droid planet, which would make for some very unhappy campers. ;)

-Kitt
I thought the Droid Factory was being restored (at least there were progress reports that looked like it) and that it was on Telos. Confused.
 Kitty Kitty
01-10-2007, 8:49 PM
Could be a misunderstanding on my part. Somehow I got the impression we were talking about the droid PLANET, which is not the same as the droid FACTORY.

I believe one was originally meant to tie-in to the other, but those are two seperate things as far as restoration efforts go. So yes, you are correct. There is work in the TSLRP to put the Telos Factory back, but not the droid planet of M4-78 -which is a seperate (though perhaps semi-related) effort.

Sorry for the confusion. :)

-Kitt
 Q
01-10-2007, 8:53 PM
^^^
You're right. The HK-50/51 factory IS on Telos and is being restored by TSLRP. M4-78 is a different entity altogether.

EDIT: OOPS! I was too slow on the draw!
 jonathan7
01-10-2007, 9:25 PM
Could be a misunderstanding on my part. Somehow I got the impression we were talking about the droid PLANET, which is not the same as the droid FACTORY.

I believe one was originally meant to tie-in to the other, but those are two seperate things as far as restoration efforts go. So yes, you are correct. There is work in the TSLRP to put the Telos Factory back, but not the droid planet of M4-78 -which is a seperate (though perhaps semi-related) effort.

Sorry for the confusion. :)

-Kitt

No worries.

To completely clear this up...

The HK Factory on Telos will be restored by TSLRP. It is the blue door that you can't go beyond in the Telos Military Base.

M4-78, the now infamous cut planet is being worked on by Team Bantha, however the project is somewhat up in the air at the moment, following Pavlos leaving due to more important commitments (e.g. work etc) and personally given that modding is something to do for fun I wouldnt of thought working on a mod thats as time consuming as a planet would actually be that fun. I would at this point probably predict that TB will be unable to restore the planet, however Emporer Devon is now project lead, and is trying to decide what to do at the moment.
 Shotgunner
01-11-2007, 2:20 AM
Er, LOL sorry guys but yes, the Droid Planet is what I was referring to. The only other thing I need to know is what is the exact cset of "warp cheats" to get in and out of the seperate areas? I recall reading that you needed to warp into each room to fully explore the "planet", and that going into certian rooms would cause a crash of the game, or the dreaded "freeze".

Jeez I wish they had left in the sub levels of the military base. I remember the first time I played TSL on my XBox, encountered the sealed door and thought "Wow, an area that is sealed off - gotta be something good in there". After visiting the Star Wars Wiki earlier today, now I know what was supposed to be down there......DAMN!

As for the request - understood. I'm still new to these boards, so thanks for both the welcome AND for the tip.
 Darth333
01-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Er, LOL sorry guys but yes, the Droid Planet is what I was referring to. The only other thing I need to know is what is the exact cset of "warp cheats" to get in and out of the seperate areas? I recall reading that you needed to warp into each room to fully explore the "planet", and that going into certian rooms would cause a crash of the game, or the dreaded "freeze".

module names = warp codes.

I don't have the modules with me but let's say that one of them is called 251TEL, then, your warp code is 251TEL.

One thing that may come in handy for closed doors is my whereami armband which you can find here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) It will allow you to open any doors in the game. If I remember well you don't even need to warp for the droid factory: just use the armband on that door in the Telos base and you will automatically warp to that module :) Bring HK with you, he has some funny dialogue.
 Kitty Kitty
01-11-2007, 11:29 AM
That armband is the bomb. Whether you're trying to find coordinates (since normally you can't bloody SEE the whereami stuff in K2), or that neefty door-unlocker doodad. Big help for stuff like this.

If memory serves... didn't you (Darth) or someone else put out a quick-warp armband for K2 at some point too? Could just download and plop both those in and have real easy access to any 'cut content' that actually still has viable modules.

A word to the wise though, if you cry when your game crashes (possibly even requiring hard-reset at times) be *very careful about exploring this way. Warping around can have some interesting results here and there. ;)

-Kitt
 Darth333
01-11-2007, 11:39 AM
I made a warp-band but never released it because I found that warping in K2 was too dangerous...the cutscenes get totally messed up while in K1 there were only a few spots you had to avoid. However, someone else released one. I just don't remember who.
 SithRevan
01-11-2007, 9:41 PM
I made a warp-band but never released it because I found that warping in K2 was too dangerous...the cutscenes get totally messed up while in K1 there were only a few spots you had to avoid. However, someone else released one. I just don't remember who.

It was I. I made the warp band for Kotor 2 but I am putting out another version of it that sets globals within the game so it makes it a little safer to warp. The link to it should be in my sig.
Page: 1 of 1