Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[OOC]Obake Blade

Page: 3 of 3
 Master_Archon
02-23-2007, 8:10 AM
Okay, see you....tomorrow, I think.
 3yks
02-26-2007, 7:33 AM
sorry about that took me longer to find the time to post than i thought it would. I figured that pushing forward another round wasn't a bad idea, and it let me show off Kai's crazy a bit :D
 ForceFightWMe12
02-27-2007, 7:15 PM
Alright guys, just a heads-up as to wat's going to happen:

Before we leave Ryuu-Tokai, Kyo is going to gather everyone he can to join him on this quest. I think that a few of your characters may need coaxing or some other reason to join - perhaps you're characters are traveling the same way he's heading (*coughNORTHcough*) or maybe you're looking for some extra cash. Keep in mind that Kyo's not made of money, however :xp:

Kyo also isn't going to figure out the riddle all by himself. Once we're all gathered together and he gets a chance to explain and pull the riddle out, feel free to toss in your guess. It's really not a complicated puzzle ;)

We'll travel north, and, obviously, things are going to happen along the way. If you'd like to plan for a side quest for a character, feel free to PM me with the idea!
 3yks
02-28-2007, 2:29 AM
I stopped where i did, becuase i want to kill crispin, but won't unless given permission :P
 Master_Archon
02-28-2007, 8:20 AM
And I wish to commit mass slaughter upon Wolf (so we have a mutual agreement :D ), but Jasra doesn't want either Wolf, or Crispin dead, she wants them alive for awhile. After the fireworks I'm guessing, is when the appropriate time for their death's will come, but I could be wrong.

I'm guessing Jasra will give us the wink-and-a-nod for when it's the right time to tear their organs from their bodies! :dev7:
 Jason Skywalker
02-28-2007, 2:58 PM
Hey, save some from me, i want to get revenge from the kidnapping...

But alright FF. I'll pm, got something important...
 JasraLantill
03-01-2007, 2:15 PM
Don't worry, guys. There will be a time and a place to kill of Wolf, Crispin and a whole bunch of 'thug/warrior' types. So, everybody will get a chance to do damage. :)

Just get your characters to the inn by tonight (tonight as in RP tonight ;) ) so we can (hopefully) see some fireworks (from our mages if they can post, that is), treat any wounds, drink some ale, and make Kyo's job of recruiting for quest followers a bit easier.
 Rexraptor2000
03-01-2007, 5:52 PM
I can't speak for DL about posting, but I'm here till the end.
 Dark_Lady
03-01-2007, 8:05 PM
I can post, finally. The workload from my classes has let up a bit. Sorry I was gone so long.
 JasraLantill
03-10-2007, 8:42 PM
Ok, sorry for a bit of charry control with our mages and Takara, but after a chat on AIM with FFWM12, we figured we needed everyone back at the inn so that Kyo can assemble his ‘team’ for his quest. So far, he’s got Akira, Carywn, Aya, and Kai (I think). He’ll need the two mages (‘Fire’ and ‘Air’ as was mentioned in the old witch’s prophesy to Kyo), and probably Tellis as she’s a healer, and Takara might be good at… tracking perhaps? (Not exactly sure, but I’m sure Grace will think of a reason why she might want to go with Kyo. ) As Katsuro and Xan are asleep at the moment, they’ll have to join up with Kyo in the morning. Not sure what Yosho’s plans are, but I’m sure Master_Archon will find a way to integrate him into the story.
 Grace
03-10-2007, 9:01 PM
Yea, Takara would make a good tracker... and a good fighter, if need be. As for Katsuro, Takara ain't goin' nowhere without him :D
 Master_Archon
03-10-2007, 9:51 PM
Not sure what Yoshi’s plans are, but I’m sure Master_Archon will find a way to integrate him into the story.

Well, if you guys would all stop sluffing him off, and give him some leeway to become apart of the group, and/or get friendly with him, then I'd be able to integrate him into the RP, and the traveling gang/group. :mad:

And it's Yosho, not Yoshi.
 Rogue Nine
03-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Well, Kyo's going to need some sort of reason to take everyone, so you'd best get thinking of yours. And it would probably help if you didn't make the old dude so creepy. No one's going to want to get close to someone who acts all strangely and with a know-it-all attitude like he does. Also doesn't help that we've absolutely no idea what you're on about with all your NPC interaction early on page 25.

Oh, and taking all of Aya's stuff without Jasra's permission probably didn't help either.
 JasraLantill
03-11-2007, 7:21 PM
And it's Yosho, not Yoshi.Sorry about that. Edited. :)Well, if you guys would all stop sluffing him off, and give him some leeway to become apart of the group, and/or get friendly with him, then I'd be able to integrate him into the RP, and the traveling gang/group.Ok, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but just some words of constructive advice.

It's not 'we' who are putting him off, but our characters. If some complete stranger came up to me and immediately started asserting him/herself as a close personal acquaintance of mine, I would be a bit suspicious of their motives. And as you've chosen to make Yosho appear rather eccentric (i.e. his unblinking stares; the way he dresses; his secret meetings with the NPC characters; his abrupt disappearances/reappearances when he changes from animal to human form,) that makes it hard for the characters to immediately accept him into their group. (Even Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings, as nice and as well-meaning of a wizard as he was, was viewed with suspicion from those who did not know him on a personal level.) You have to remember that the RPs characters have 'bonded' over a period of days. Introducing a stranger into the mix is hard. You have to find common ground. 'Kai' did this by helping Xan fight. If he hadn't, the other characters would probably view him as a bit odd as well, and not have been as quick to accept him either.

I'm still not quite sure why Yosho wants to follow them, or what's going on with his interactions with all the NPC characters (the conferring with Renn, Doc Waverley, the Blacksmith, etc.) but I do recall that you said you wanted to keep things 'mysterious.' That's fine. But remember, none of the other characters know Yosho's been watching them in his animal forms, nor have they been privy to his conversations with the NPCs. All they know is that he is/was a customer that bought a cermonial knife from Aya and said that it was used for cannibalism (and that's pretty creepy in itself,) and Aya now knows that he says he knew her father (but in what way or how he knew him is still unknown to her.) If you want to have him be part of the current group, then you have to find some common ground for him to share with the other characters.

Perhaps, since he's a Druid/mage he can talk with Hoshiko or Toa (although he seemed to have viewed them with disdain as he referred to them as 'showoffs' while they were doing their dragon fireworks.) You could also use Xan to bring him into the group. (Perhaps he knows him somehow?) Or perhaps Yosho can bring the dagger back to Aya, maybe wondering if she's seen a similar one, and then overhear the current conversation and offer some sage advice to them about ancient artefacts, prophesies, or even just drinking. ;) (Like how to avoid a hangover.) Something that the other people in the group would find useful or would need.

Otherwise, you could just have Yosho just observe and follow the group and then have him appear to them at a critical moment (i.e. when they are engaged in battle or something) and lend them visible assistance or support. That would give him a foothold in the group.

It's up to you, of course, as only you know what role you have in mind for Yosho. But please don't think that 'we' are impeding your character's entry into the travelling group. He's welcome, but you have to find a way for him to be accepted by the characters who have already established relationships with each other.
 Rogue Nine
03-29-2007, 6:05 PM
Just a friendly reminder to everyone:

The group is going to be on the move Northward very soon, so everyone's characters need to rendezvous with Kyo so they're not left behind. Also, if you're planning on any sidequests or other ideas, it is imperative that you PM FFWM12 about it so that she can approve it. Otherwise, if you just post a sidequest and it doesn't fit within the flow of the RP as she sees it, the sidequest may very well be ignored/written off. Good communication is key to a smooth RPing experience. :)
 Quist
04-09-2007, 4:45 PM
Hey all. I've been reading the RP thread for most of today and it sounds pretty darn cool! I'd like to join if it's at all possible. I know everyone's on the road now, but if they're making a stop somewhere in the future (hopefully all whole and healthy), I was wondering if I could craft up a character and have them join.

Please let me know and thanks!
 Master_Archon
04-09-2007, 4:53 PM
Welcome to LucasForums Quist, as for joining, that's not my say, obviously, but I just felt like welcoming you, none-the-less :) .
 Jason Skywalker
04-09-2007, 6:45 PM
Welcome to LF Quist!

As for joining, you can just use the pathetic and overused excuse of a traveler that appears out of nowhere or you can be a monk or someone who has stopped at the monastery we will be reaching.
 Jason Skywalker
04-10-2007, 5:19 AM
I think you can RP yourself on the monastery while you wait for us.
 Quist
04-10-2007, 9:21 AM
I think I'll do that once everyone gets closer to the monestary. :)
 ForceFightWMe12
04-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Welcome aboard, Quist! :D
 3yks
04-11-2007, 4:51 PM
the coin purse is full of rocks.
 ForceFightWMe12
04-22-2007, 6:33 PM
If everyone can just post a small bit about their characters settling into their respective rooms, that'd be great. After that, we can wake up our 'sleeping beauty' friends ;)
 ForceFightWMe12
07-01-2007, 3:17 PM
Whew. Obake Blade OOC was waaaaaaay down the page @.@

Anyway. In case you guys missed my OOC in the main thread, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be going out of town for a week, starting this Monday (yes, an exact week, Monday to Monday). I will be bringing my laptop for information purposes, so there is a slim chance that I'll be able to get on and post every once in a while. Please don't panic if I don't - it's not because I'm killing Obake, but because I'm not here :xp:
 Jae Onasi
07-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Name: Takumi Nightsinger

Personality: The better way to describe it is, 'what is he not?' He's not quiet, shy, or retiring. He has a joie de vive that is infectious and can liven up the darkest nights. He uses humor, wit, and sometimes even downright sneakiness to get out of tough spots. He enjoys the good things in life: creature comforts, food, drink, people....

Weaponry:Longbow, whip, and shortsword. He prefers to stay as far away from actual fighting as possible. Oh, and he has arrows too.

Appearance:Medium height. Slender and healthy. Light skinned, blond hair styled in whatever way suits him or the situation at hand, vivid green eyes that can look ingenuous, seductive, or wickedly sharp depending on his mood. He prefers a flamboyant form of dress, with expensive fabrics in bright colors that liven up any stage on which he appears.
 ForceFightWMe12
07-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Heheh. The Jae Onasi has joined Obake Blade! W00t. Accepted, of course.
 Daft Adidas
07-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Lols that is cool. I hope I can join? Wait one second and find the Sign up Sheet.

Name: Reshki' Onleson

Personality: Reshki' is the quiet type. Hidden inside him is a nice man who loves his family. As a child he always played with his brother and loves him the most. He is strong though and judges people well. He has heard of Kyo and some travellers and has the strange urge to find them and join them in their Quest to wherever they are going. Troube lis Reshki' has never experienced much battle before. Will he find them?

Weaponry: Dagger and katana.

Appearance. A tall and thin man with bushy brown hair. He wears some ragged clothes all over colored brown and green.

Hope you'll let me in!

Edit:
I hate to Double Post but am I accepted?

~Be patient, Daft. I need to talk to the others before I can really accept your character, and they have been as busy as I am. And by the by, I don't think a double post was needed. ~ FFWM
 ForceFightWMe12
07-18-2007, 5:05 PM
Alrighty then. I'm sorry, Daft, but with the way that the story is going so far, it would be a bit of a problem to incorporate a 'profession wanderer' into the group at this point, simply because of the time frame. Sorry, but I'm going to have to deny your character.
 Daft Adidas
07-18-2007, 5:30 PM
Ok really sorry on the double post. Ok I'll wait but just give a shout if your ready for me. I do guess that's it's bad time. Sorry if I've caused any hassle.
 ForceFightWMe12
07-22-2007, 11:56 PM
A'ight peoples. I had meant to get Obake moving along this week, but rather than me going on vacation this coming Saturday, I'm going to be leaving tomorrow (Monday) morning. And...I won't be back until August fourth ^.^' I'm going to be up in the mountains, so that means zero internet connectivity. So, until August 4th, just...mill about :xp:
 JasraLantill
07-31-2007, 7:07 PM
Ok, peeps, as of this Friday, I will not have an internet connection for a few days until I get everything sorted at my new house. So, no posting at all for me till probably next week, but feel free to use Aya if you need to keep the story going. (And, yes, I know it's right after FFWM12's been gone for a while on holiday, but as the saying goes 'that's life.' :p
 ForceFightWMe12
08-14-2007, 8:14 PM
Guess who's leaving yet again?

It turns out that I'm going to be flying out of town tomorrow for my cousin's wedding. My uncle is a computer freak, so I'll probably be able to manage a bit of time online, but just in case I can't post, I figured I'd just toss this out there :xp: I'll be back on Monday.
 Writer
11-09-2007, 12:50 AM
After some PM's between me and FFWM, I have determined she's more than happy to have me come aboard. So here, I present my character sheet.

As to the subject of PM's... well, I have plans for my character's introduction and first steps into interaction with your fun little band... so FFWM, Jasra, and Jae can expect PM's from me sometime very soon ;)

Name: Audra

Personality: Superficially friendly, but if you do anything that she might view as domination, whether it be telling her to do something or making a suggestion of any kind, she overreacts.

Weaponry: Image: Katana/wakizashi set (http://weaponmasters.com/shopping/image.php?type=P&id=16905) Katana strapped over her back, wakizashi on her belt on the right

Appearance: Image: Audra (http://www.nadia-bjorlin.com/galleries/albums/batch/20.jpg)
With Image: pendant (http://www.diamondsinc.net/Jewelry_Photos/070131_CP01_large.jpg) ) on a silver chain

Bio: She was born in the South, but at a very young age, she was kidnapped and offered as a servant to a cruel king in the North. There, she served as a maid to a princess who was just like her father, cruel and unrelenting. Time passed and the girl grew up. The king was killed by his son-in-law and two city-states joined into one. The young slave woman was abused in many ways by many of the new royal court and it soon became too much. She called on a power higher than any of these royal idiots and their subjects had ever known and the castle was burned to the ground.

The former slave left the ruins, took a katana and wakizashi from a frightened swordsmith, and then burned the rest of the city-state to the ground. She became a wanderer and named herself Audra. In one of the Northern languages, this means ‘Storm’. And she has a very stormy personality, quick as lightning to strike if she feels threatened.

After three weeks of wandering, she happened upon the ruins of the city-state a second time. The realization that she had caused such destruction frightened her and she tried to force her understanding of her power out of her mind. Instead of doing this successfully, she unknowingly split her personality in two. Since the split, she has become aware of the second, more deadly personality and occasionally, the two have brief, conflicted conversations.

Since her escape, Audra has become a ‘thief of convenience’, stealing what she needs to survive. Even while traveling, she tends to slip into camps and take things she likes or things she’ll need. It’s gotten her into trouble before, but she is quite adept at escaping... and she’s not half bad with her weapons either. For the most part, she hides her power though she has an impressive grasp on how it works; she’s discovered that most people don’t understand it, and it’s better used in ways that people can’t attribute it to her.

Audra has overdeveloped her defensive reflexes, flinching at even the lightest touch. Despite this, it’s almost like she’s hunting for a master through the fights she engages in. If she is defeated, she goes on to serve the victor for a short time, usually until the situation becomes less than ideal for her. When that happens, she either destroys her master or simply slips away in the night.

Audra’s clothing is an odd collection of patches sewn together. It’s almost like she’s taken a piece of clothing from each of her former masters and collected them to form one knee-length dress. Presently, the patches are beginning to separate. It won’t be long before she has to find something else to wear... or something else to repair the dress with. Her knee-high boots are the newest looking things she wears, though they appear to be at least two sizes too large, held in place due to being tightly laced up her legs.
 ForceFightWMe12
11-11-2007, 8:50 PM
I've already sent you a PM response, Writer, but I figured I oughtta post here as well. Accepted, of course :D Glad to have you aboard - a new character might be just what we need to get this RP moving again.
 Rexraptor2000
11-12-2007, 4:52 PM
Well, to whoever wants to know, I'm back. I'll be bringing Toa back in later though under the suggestion of Force.
 JasraLantill
11-12-2007, 5:43 PM
Yay! Our fire mage is back! :)

Welcome back, Rexy.
And welcome aboard, Writer. :)
 3yks
02-06-2008, 4:43 AM
I've got a fair bit of desire to rp online recently, so I'm back, hope nobody minds that ... and if you do *cry*
 JasraLantill
02-06-2008, 4:48 PM
I've got a fair bit of desire to rp online recently, so I'm back, hope nobody minds that ... and if you do *cry*Mind? No! :D Welcome back, 3yks!! :clap2:

((Now, if Kira would only post and have Kyo answer the question.... :P ))
 ForceFightWMe12
02-06-2008, 6:18 PM
o___O Question? >.> What question? <.<

Welcome back, 3yks! It's good to see you hanging around again ^.^
 3yks
02-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks, I was suprised you guys weren't way farther along in OB, i thought i'd have to make up some story about him following you for weeks of travel ...
 ForceFightWMe12
02-07-2008, 6:50 PM
It's been going...slowly, to say the least...^.^''' I'm thinking I might just fast forward to the next town so we can get things going again.
 Jae Onasi
02-12-2008, 11:18 PM
As long as Takumi can make his quips, I'm happy to go anywhere. :D
 Rogue Nine
02-12-2008, 11:21 PM
You're so dirty, Jae. So, so dirty.
 Writer
03-09-2008, 6:30 PM
The story, as told by Takumi has revealed some things about my character I hadn't known :p

First of all, the story Takumi told is remarkably accurate, which will prompt Audra/Aenya to eventually ask him where he heard it. I like that story better than my original bio of her :D

Now to the point of her age: given this new discovery that she's got a daughter, I'm saying she's 27 years old, rather than 23. While age 23 would technically still work, I prefer the thought of Audra being 17 when she had her daughter, and therefore, when she fried the Empire, she was 25 and her daughter was 8.

So yah, news flash: Audra's 27. :)

Now what exactly are we waitin' for in this one, Kira?
 The Doctor
12-19-2008, 7:56 PM
I'm jumping in after speaking with Kira about the character, and Jasra brought it to my attention that I have not yet posted a character sheet for him. Kira, if you've got any problems with what I've got written for him, let me know and I'll change it accordingly.

Name: Balthazar W'rint
Appearance:

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 187lbs
Hair: Black; rough facial hair
Eyes: Dark grey
Clothing: Balthazar wears expensive, but worn, leather clothing beneath a beaten knee-length cloth cape, with sturdy leather boots and gloves.
Equipment: Balthazar rarely carries weapons while aboard his own ship, but when he ventures ashore he dawns a heavy cutlass in a thick wooden scabbard.
Personality: Balthazar is a difficult man to read. He tends to be a fair adjudicator and competent administrator. He is sometimes seen as cold and callous to strangers, though his men are generally fairly fond of him - most likely due to his usual readiness to join them in their debauchery and drunkenness.
Biography: Not a great deal is known about his past, but this is not unusual for most travelling merchants, who’s only regular associations are with his crew and a handful of contacts land-side. He speaks fondly of his youth, however, and regularly tells obviously exaggerated tales of his exploits as a boy. Much of his adult life still remains a complete mystery - though not one anyone seems particularly interested in.
Page: 3 of 3