Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[OOC]Obake Blade

Page: 2 of 3
 Master_Archon
02-11-2007, 2:47 PM
(But please don't kill off Wolf or his son just yet. But it is ok to 'rough them up' a bit. ;) )

Ooh! I'm gonna go beat the snot outta Wolf now, if it hasn't already been done!

....But I have to think about how I'm going to go about and do that first? (And obviously you don't want it to be just one person to beat the stuffing out of Wolf...right Jasra?) Some ideas would be nice. :)
 JasraLantill
02-11-2007, 3:15 PM
Well, MA, Xan seems the resourceful type, and he knows a few people in town... perhaps he can have someone he knows help arrange a freestyle boxing match as entertainment for the market day crowd? If Xan's looking for extra cash, he could take bets on it.
 Master_Archon
02-11-2007, 3:18 PM
Hm? Sounds interesting....I think I'll do it! But do I box Wolf personally? Or go through his lackies first?
 Jason Skywalker
02-11-2007, 3:29 PM
How 'bout a Tag Team match between Xan and Akira vs Wolf and Crispin? :xp:
 Master_Archon
02-11-2007, 3:58 PM
Okay Jason, we'll do the tag-team, just don't get carried away. ;)
 ForceFightWMe12
02-11-2007, 4:16 PM
XD Have fun, guys!

And it's nice to see you back, 3yks! Charry's approved and you're ready to go!
 Master_Archon
02-13-2007, 8:02 AM
We need all five 'elements' and Fire and Air are important!

I'm assuming water and earth are two other elements, but what's the fifth?

@FFWM12 - Mind if I make another character?
 JasraLantill
02-13-2007, 3:23 PM
Well, I don't want to answer for FFWM12, but the fifth element will become apparent in due time. And as far as I know, we have all of the 'elements' already. They just haven't all been revealed yet. :)
 Darth_Velrogh
02-13-2007, 4:45 PM
I haven't really had time so... Can you please tell me what happened since Jasra's loooong post?
 Master_Archon
02-13-2007, 5:41 PM
*crickets chirping*....Wait, I'm confused, are you talking about people elements (such as integral characters meant for important use later in the plotline), or natural elements (such as Fire, Air, Water, Earth, and any other 'element', you consider an element)?
 ForceFightWMe12
02-13-2007, 7:15 PM
One of the main things that comes up in fantasy (especially in a setting like Obake, which hints at Oriental origins) are the five main elements of nature and the Earth itself: Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, Spirit. Fire and Wind are already quite apparent, and maybe if you carefully read a particular post a while back, then the representative of Earth might also be known to you. Water and Spirit are yet to come.

And you can go ahead, MA. We already have a rather large cast of characters, but I'm sure one more couldn't hurt ;)
 JasraLantill
02-13-2007, 7:33 PM
*crickets chirping*....Wait, I'm confused, are you talking about people elements (such as integral characters meant for important use later in the plotline), or natural elements (such as Fire, Air, Water, Earth, and any other 'element', you consider an element)?Sorry to sound cryptic, but a bit of both, actually.

I haven't really had time so... Can you please tell me what happened since Jasra's loooong post?Erm... you mean the last really long epic post?? Well....

Kyo, Carwyn, and a reluctant Aya are now at the old lady's house getting Kyo's quest prophesy. The Quarter Market is getting some excitement with a boxing ring now being set up in the square and people betting on the 'main event' (i.e. The Wolf and 'Cub' vs. Xan the Man and Crazy Kai.) Oh, and I believe our Mages (and possibly Akira) are discussing the upcoming fireworks display that they'll be putting on for tonight, as well as how to put some excitement into the boxing match. :dev7: (By the way... if anyone wants to play the part of 'sports announcer' or referree for the match feel free!)

Istergard, last we saw, was walking along with Bora-Cho. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2266011&postcount=818)

Hope that helps. PM either me or FFWM if you need more specifics.
 Master_Archon
02-13-2007, 9:34 PM
Xan the Man

LOL, funny! :D

*M_A stares at all the evil posts of concocted evilness* Aha! I think I know the, erm, Earth character you speak of...though I'm still not certain, but don't worry, I'll keep my mouth shut for now.

Here's my character, I was kinda hoping to be a Geomancer, but I think it'd be best if I weren't:

Name: Yosho the Sagacious

Appearance: Normal Look (http://www.lukianenko.com/arhiv/images/img46b/druid.jpg) (Just add a bear skull on his head, and hood over that. Antlers too.); Alter Form (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17591253/?qo=1&q=Druid+Warrior&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5) (Just add the beard :) ); Face (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/28087455/?qo=4&q=Druid+Warrior+boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+ag) e_scale%3A5+in%3Atraditional%2Fdrawings%2Ffantasy) (Again, imagine a bear skull under the hood [Antlers are incuded in his appearance.])

Weapons: Sciomancy Staff (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/4270676/?qo=44&q=Wizard+Staff&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5);) Druid Saber (http://www.gungfu.com/pics_general/pics_swords/swords_chinese_9-ring-broadsword.jpg)

Personality/Background: Foreseeing and wise, he's kind and often a source of much advice and answers, and any answers he cannot give, he seeks. He is often a person people go to for comfort, for the aura of peace that emmanates from him; they also find him like a fatherly figure, being one of good counsil, and great consoling.

Though he is such a quiet, meek man, it does not mean he cannot be stern, nor demand respect when it is needed. He is a man of nature, and often a man of hermitage, he has only come out of his secluded dwelling because of knowledge of great stirrings in nature, that point to something...unknown.

Not much is told or known of his past, and infact, nothing really is known about him. He does not have a disposition towards people, that is not why he secludes himself, but it is the fact that so many are drawn to him because of his wisdom and fatherly nature. He is also not unknown to the arts of combat, knowing how to wield almost any weapon with deadly efficiency, though he prefers peaceful solutions.

((Hope this guy's okay! :whtsmile: ))

@JL - How do you get that single post like that? I definately need to learn how to select individual posts. (For mornings...don't ask.)
 3yks
02-14-2007, 7:35 AM
Btw, sorry if i stepped on your toes Jason, i missed that you had planned to be the other participant, and it was a really good place for my charry to come in.

I'm holding off on posting until Xan gets to the ring btw.
 Darth_Velrogh
02-14-2007, 7:49 AM
MUHAHAHAHAHHAAHHHAHAHAH... Istergard will make Mr Wolf a small surprise... *smiles evily*

A sword stuck in his neck *сyard сyard*!!
 Jason Skywalker
02-14-2007, 8:30 AM
It's okay 3yks. Although, don't think you get off without revenge! :xp:
 JasraLantill
02-14-2007, 8:40 AM
MUHAHAHAHAHHAAHHHAHAHAH... Istergard will make Mr Wolf a small surprise... *smiles evily*

A sword stuck in his neck *сyard сyard*!!

Beat him up, insult him, and make him look like a fool, but please don't kill off Wolf (or his son) just yet as I've got plans for him after our 'team' leaves Ryuu-Tokai. ;)
 Darth_Velrogh
02-14-2007, 10:00 AM
ok... works for me !!
 Master_Archon
02-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Don't worry 3yks, I'll post eventually, but I'm just kinda waiting...you know, oportune moment and all that.

(But noboby's posting so!... :mad: )
 ForceFightWMe12
02-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Hm...so it would seem we have a Druid joining our cast...nice character, MA, but watch the godmodding. I can tell already how easy that might be when he transforms to his Altar form :xp:
 Master_Archon
02-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Don't worry, he's stronger and faster in that form, but more animalistic - Thus his control is limited - plus he's still a living, breathing, and bleeding being, so he can get hurt still (and die, not that he's going to. ) .

P.S. - He's not just a Druid, he's a Sciomancer too! ;) Don't worry, if you don't know what one is, well, I'll explain it eventually...if enough people nag me. ;P
 Dark_Lady
02-16-2007, 1:09 PM
I know what a Sciomancer is. :p And if people pay attention to what lots of your other characters can do, they'll probably figure it out as well.
 ForceFightWMe12
02-16-2007, 1:44 PM
Just a note to everyone: I'm going to be gone until Sunday afternoon/evening, and Jasra will be busy as well. In other words, there probably won't be too much activity from either of us in the RP until the end of the weekend. Sorry >.<
 Master_Archon
02-16-2007, 2:37 PM
I know what a Sciomancer is. And if people pay attention to what lots of your other characters can do, they'll probably figure it out as well.

@Dark_Lady - Well, only you would know, wouldn't you? Could you explain to me and our audience what one is? Since you proclaim to know.

@Others - Also, I forgot to mention, because he is a Druid he is in basis, an Animancer, though that's basically what an Animancer is and what one can do, so...nah! ;P

And if you have no idea what an Animancer is, then too bad! (And NO, an Animancer doesn't have magic control over animals, though he can still do things like that because he's a Druid.) I stick to my same word - I'll only explain if I'm nagged enough - And seeing as I'm not being nagged about either one, I'm not explaining. :D
 Dark_Lady
02-16-2007, 4:16 PM
Do you really want me to tell? I thought it was some kind of secret or something. And I'm too lazy to explain anyway. :xp:
 Master_Archon
02-16-2007, 4:52 PM
It's not that I don't want to tell, sure, I'd love to infact. It's just I'm the type who likes keeping things mysterious, I want people to take the time to figure it out, or nag me until I tell :D .

Besides, I'm also too lazy! :xp:
 Jason Skywalker
02-16-2007, 7:25 PM
Isn't an Animancer a Magician that uses Elemental Magic?
 Master_Archon
02-16-2007, 11:02 PM
All 'mancers' are magicians (mancer means 'Mage' after all, you know) who use Elemental Magic.

An Animancer specifies in one area of Elemental Magic, which one, I will not say...yet. Unless nagged until insanity...wait, no I'm already insane, um, until I'm phsycotic, then I'll tell...even then I'll still be reluctant, I like for others to figure it out and tell me.
 ForceFightWMe12
02-18-2007, 4:45 PM
MA, if you post another "I'm not going to tell until I'm nagged enough" post, I will slap you.:xp: It's obvious that you want to tell everyone, otherwise you wouldn't continue to post things like that. So spit it out already.
 Master_Archon
02-18-2007, 4:54 PM
Hehe...I'll tell, eventually, but you could so easily look it up and tell me, now couldn't you?

Besides, I like being nagged :p . So go ahead, slap me, it only helps my purpose, so nah! ;P

Anyways, I like others to take some effort into finding things out, kinda like you never really mentioned who the earth person was, though I figure it's one of two people at the moment, and I'm still not even sure about that, I still took the effort of attempting to figure it out. :D

So let's see if you can tell me...think of it as a challenge FFWM12, or are you not up to such things? :whtsmile:

(I'm such a rascal! :lol: )
 Jason Skywalker
02-18-2007, 7:22 PM
*slaps Master_Archon so hard he and Xan start crying of their reed cheek*

:xp:
 Rogue Nine
02-18-2007, 7:32 PM
Wiki wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sciomancy)
Second result from Google (http://www.answers.com/topic/sciomancy)

:rolleyes:

Anyway, on with the whole fight bit. Kyo, Aya and Carwyn should be on the scene soon enough for the main event.
 ForceFightWMe12
02-18-2007, 7:58 PM
And I do believe that an Animancer is the equivilant to an Animagus, isn't it?
 Master_Archon
02-18-2007, 9:40 PM
YES!!! Thank you Rogue Nine for being less lazy than the others and taking a scholarly effort to figure something out! :D

I humbly applaud you!

As Wiki, and the other site says, Sciomancy is a magic use and form which pertains to the shadows, and the ability to manipulate them, along with making shadows physical. Not only that, but the connectibility to the spirit, both in the sense of ghosts, and the sense of 'the spirit', like the one within a living person.

Though Sciomancy is a lesser form of mancy, and is thus not considered one of the seven 'gifts' of mancy, it is considered a sub-mancy gift.

There, that should sum up my end of the bargain. ;)

@FFWM12 - Actually, an Animancer is not an Animagus, because if an Animancer is a strong enough druid, he/she can turn into a number of different animal forms, not just one prechosen form.

You're getting closer, but keep trying, because I can see you're actually trying to figure out what one is. Good try though. :)
 3yks
02-20-2007, 2:03 AM
Uhm, should i tag in? or were you planning to post again before I tag in? Sorry you made it sound like you didn't want Kai to tag in. I've got a post planned out for whne i get to the okay to tag in.
 Master_Archon
02-20-2007, 8:10 AM
No, I've still got one more post going before there's any tag-ins, etc.

Besides, did it look like Xan was throwing in the towel so early (or Wolf), the first round has estimatedly been going for only ten minutes (maybe less, considering) or so.
 3yks
02-20-2007, 4:47 PM
sorry, no i couldn't wait ... I didn't join this game to post once ever 5 days or so while i wait for you to continue the storyline. not trying to be rude, just ... saying.
 Master_Archon
02-20-2007, 5:10 PM
Understandable, you only had to say so in the first place. Just make sure you don't make me wait five days for you to progress the storyline. ;)
 Rogue Nine
02-20-2007, 5:58 PM
M_A, this is an RP, meaning all players should be involved. You can't be monopolizing all the action all the time. You've got to let others participate as well, otherwise there would be no point in RPing at all. You're also not the threadmaster, so you don't have blanket authority to dictate how events go; only FFW12 does. That isn't to say you can lead on in a certain direction, but you also cannot say, "Wait, I'm not done yet, don't post anything." RPing is all about reacting to people's actions and compromising. As players in this RP, we're all equal and therefore equally entitled to post, and there is no first among us.
 Master_Archon
02-20-2007, 6:21 PM
*crickets chirping*......wow, all that just to say let the other guy post when he pleases, well to tell you, I already knew everything you just told me, so hey. :)

And I know I don't control the RP, I'm not trying to either, if FFWM12 wanted the match to be over so as to move on, I'd have no objections.

I would've let him post, like I said (in technicality, I did - not that I really have that kind of say-so, so he did as he pleased, and I don't mind :whtsmile: ) ; I'm no control freak, and I don't consider myself above others, (actually I consider myself a very lowly person) so you don't need to go all moderator on me Rogue Nine, I'm content to post when given the signal, or oportunity, whichever comes first. :D
 Jason Skywalker
02-20-2007, 6:51 PM
Actually Archon, it's administrator :xp:.

I like where the plot is going. I wonder who the Earth and Water element are.

Btw, Master_Archon Vs ForceFightWMe12 in a No DQ boxing match for the Threadmaster Heavyweight Championship, who will win? :rofl:
 Master_Archon
02-20-2007, 7:02 PM
I have no plan on challenging FFWM12, I respect him/her (not sure of FFWM12's gender right now...heheh sorry. :D) as the threadmaster, and besides, I have barely any idea where the RP's going, so it'd be best for FFWM12 to stay as the threadmaster. ;)

And I know Rogue Nine's an administrator, but most admins don't do the explanatory jobs of the moderators. :)
 3yks
02-21-2007, 2:00 AM
And you can get back ni the ring now :P i delibertely left it so that Cripsin is at a point where he will probably want to tag out. Or you could further to the next round, :)
 JasraLantill
02-21-2007, 9:13 AM
I think we should move to the next round. I think everyone is at least in the market square (if not watching the fight itself), and I want to see our mages fireworks displays. :)

And FFWM12, correct me if I'm wrong, but now that Kyo has gotten the 'key' from the old woman that will help lead him to the Obake Blade, he'll need to start doing some recruiting for people to help him in his quest. (Especially if he wants to leave the next 'morning'.) Try to keep your characters in or around the market square or the inn(s) so that he can speak to them (or vice versa), and let's hope that our 'boxers' (on either side) don't get themselves so severely injured that they can't travel. :)
 Rexraptor2000
02-22-2007, 5:46 PM
I'm ready to do it, but from what it looks like, DL might not be able to make it. She says she's been very busy.
 JasraLantill
02-22-2007, 5:57 PM
Maybe she'll get time to post this weekend, Rex. (Fingers crossed! ;) ) In the meantime, I think the fight will go another few posts. And then perhaps Doc Waverley can make another appearance and tend to everyone's wounds. (Yes, even the Wolf's. ;) )
 Master_Archon
02-22-2007, 6:23 PM
Well, to shorten the fight to your liking, then maybe Wolf could cheat, I was planning on it anyways, but it's a way to have the fight end sooner, if that's what you wanted. Besides, I thought I should ask before having him cheat, seeing as how every little thing I do backfires.
 JasraLantill
02-22-2007, 6:37 PM
Well, to shorten the fight to your liking, then maybe Wolf could cheat, I was planning on it anyways, but it's a way to have the fight end sooner, if that's what you wanted. Besides, I thought I should ask before having him cheat, seeing as how every little thing I do backfires.Oh, you don't have to shorten the fight. Just let it play out. :) (You and 3yks can work it out between you.) Besides, if Dark Lady is going to be having some troubles getting online, then it might be a while before everyone is able to finally settle in for the night. Just have fun with Wolf (I'm enjoying reading the posts!)
 Master_Archon
02-22-2007, 6:58 PM
Well okay! :)

So, how do you feel about Wolf cheating 3yks? Don't worry though, it won't get him disqualified (and I promise it won't shorten the posting/fight), I don't plan on that, but it'd spice things up! And we could have it happen in the third round, so when the third is over, you could get Crispin all to yourself in the fourth. :D

But it's up to you, we don't have to have it happen if you don't want it to. :whtsmile:
 3yks
02-23-2007, 1:52 AM
works for me, i'll post again tommorrow, too tired tonight to do so.
Page: 2 of 3