Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

FoC: The Small Mod

Page: 1 of 3
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-07-2006, 1:43 PM
I present (again) the "bigger" FoC: The Small Mod V2

CREDITS: _x_Darth-Max_x_ (good tester of the coruption and modding help)

**********!!!!!!!!!UPDATED V2.1 UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**********
LINKS:
http://rapidshare.de/files/36876534/V2.R2E2.zip.html)
http://files.filefront.com//;6024543;;/)

Features
-Orbital Bombardment (move VENGEANCE ships, to enemys planet orbit before land commbat)
-Buildable Skipray Blastboats and Tie-Defenders (must do the piracy mission over Mandalore + Dark Troopers and Droidekas (They look like Tie-Crawlers) + Tie Phantoms
-A starting continget of Norghi Assasins (I will make them buildable next time)
-Conquering enemy planets works. They use Devmaps for land Combat and Kaminos For Space.
-Coruption unlocked for some planets (don't use Land Tactical Combat exept Piracy mission on Manalore)
-Buzz droids move after their targets (they may be unbalanced)
-Super VENGEANCE frigates With Agressor MEGA Weapons
-DEATH STAR II with andvenced targeting.
-and something I forgot to list :D ....

INSTALATION
Replace your FoC\Data Config.meg with the one from my zip.

PS:
When playing land tactical battles on Felucia, Mandalore or NalHutta zoom out at max to see something :)

V1.1 LINKS (For i don't know wath purpose):
http://rapidshare.de/files/35966966/FoC_The_Small_Mod.zip.html)
http://files.filefront.com//;5990910;;/)
 jedi jim 1989
10-07-2006, 2:09 PM
ok u said dont use tyber in space, but what about when you must corrupt mandalore, you must use him in space, or does it work then?
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-07-2006, 3:01 PM
No...
When you star the demo you have 3 heros Tyber, Urai and ..Tyber (it's realy his ship check their descriptions). If it goes for the corupting mission you use the defiler and tyber get's there automaticly.
The only way to use the Tyber's ship wrong is to send it to Nalhutta or Kamino in the 1 flleet. So when you win the space battle just send it there and start the land battle.

Modding:
I noticed in the model folder P_KRAYTDESTOYER_DETONATE.ALO
it's the coreoverload for the Krayt animation (I think),
ok i think i came to an deadend with it.
So i found ... the full anim of the destroyer droid is there (...) but the XML are ... yes missing!
And i come to another deadend...
Btw..It's strange because i can't find the defilers profile ... ok i think i leave the modin for more creative fellows :)

...Watch would i give for the UV_KRAYTCLASSDESTROYER_TYBER.ALO model file .....
 ZagFel
10-07-2006, 8:39 PM
Anyone want to confirm that the format of certain .alo and .ala (eg. the dark troopers models/animations) has changed? I tried putting some of the models from the demo into the original and it crashed. This can also be confirmed by checking the size of the stormtrooper anims in the original and the expansion or opening the expansion anims in Aloviewer.
 fortune faded13
10-08-2006, 12:12 AM
did you create that Orbital Bombardment? or did you just uncover it in the XML's?
cause i wonder if it can be used in EAW...i just played you mod for the demo, and man, that Orbital Bombardment is AWESOME.
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-08-2006, 2:29 AM
I got to the bordbardment accidentally because i found the only unused XML is the Peacebringer and I wanted to test that big killer .... but when i was doing the Felucia mission i had that big red button and thin .. is this.... WoW!!
Devs just left all required anims for the bombardment (the are rather small).
(I coud change the side to Empire and take a :vsd: for a Borbardment try :) but I am afraid i need to slowly reverse enginere some files (Or i could use my wierid idea to seed it up)
 Darth Ablett
10-08-2006, 4:08 AM
I got to the bordbardment accidentally because i found the only unused XML is the Peacebringer and I wanted to test that big killer .... but when i was doing the Felucia mission i had that big red button and thin .. is this.... WoW!!
Devs just left all required anims for the bombardment (the are rather small).
(I coud change the side to Empire and take a :vsd: for a Borbardment try :) but I am afraid i need to slowly reverse enginere some files (Or i could use my wierid idea to seed it up)

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the Peacebringer? Installing this now btw, looks good. Thanks :)
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-08-2006, 4:40 AM
Peacebirnger .. it's the name used in XML's (I don't know wath it has to the Who commands the Merciless?)
-- Tyber's Flagship --
UniqueUnit Name="The_Peacebringer"
Variant_Of_Existing_Type Krayt_Class_Destroyer

Moding:
Now I am reverse enginerin the campaing so we could have no tutorial missions ect. but everything works exept that when you try zoom in it gets an invisible zoom or somethin and you can't zoom back :)

FoC:
I just extracted that master text file (Yes I know the future now :deathii: )
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
10-08-2006, 6:36 AM
I just tried the Mod.. its real Cool .. ( Skipray Are handy against the lvl 4 Space Station)

Hopefully u can get the Actual Merciless in Artoo!

Ow and btw.. In the Normal demo .. Nal hutta has 4 StarDestroyers.. Maybe u can put those in orbit over Mandalore..?
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-08-2006, 6:58 AM
Yep i coud check those 4 ISD (I removed them because i was afraid their had no models i must check that), i will also try adding a fleet to Mandolore.

edit: Those ISD don't have models (..but Thrawns ISD models is there lol ... I upgraided their forces with more Victorys 6-8 I don't remember

And the Important Thing guys i need your help ... Yes your's to!
I need to modify a reveal planet script to have all those 1000 planets to show up. And give those planets map's here is a file with instructions and everythin you will need.
WHEN THIS IS COMPLETE A NEW VERSION WILL COME :)
(btw. sory for those tutorial texts, but I don't want to mess with it to much and i can't just delete them)

LINKS:
http://rapidshare.de/files/35947369/HelpMe.zip.html)
http://files.filefront.com//;5990573;;/)
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
10-08-2006, 8:52 AM
K i can try to help u out .. But i can't Promise anything :P Well i think in orbit over Mandalore a fleet of 4 Victory's and Thrawn would be quite Difficult.. (Unless there is the Agressor/Merciless model somewhere :D)

Ow can u host the File at Filefront? It's much better.. and i can't open the One from Rapidshare.. :S
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-08-2006, 9:02 AM
You know If coud just get a cloak field generator ...i woudl snake to the Empires..ee Petroglyphs Secret base and copy the Agressors shematic ee model :)

Thanks for the help with that job it is rather easy but veary boring.

Also i upgraded those Buzzdroids, and.... Victorys are firigates so buzz them up :) Alos remember that Tyber uses hit and run tactics.
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
10-08-2006, 9:09 AM
Hehehehe.. Petroglyph will never see us Coming :p Anyways.. Can u host that File at Filefront else i can't help u :(

Have u also checked for the Kedalbe Class Model? It's the 2nd Capital Ship..The one that can Leech shields
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-08-2006, 9:35 AM
Even if the model is there the XML dosen't exist for it .... so i can't do anything..
Filefront Link added.
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
10-08-2006, 9:56 AM
Artoo .. im now looking at the XML Folder.. but Damn those are a lot of Planets.. and i can't do them all by my own :( .. Btw the Only working space map = Kamino .. so that obvious but what about Land? U want some to be Mandalore , Or some Felucia..

Or do u want all Land maps to be Nal hutta for Example..
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-08-2006, 10:19 AM
1 map this 1 map that ... or all the same do it the faster way .. ..maby start from the end becasu about 5 persons dowloaded my HelpKit so when they star makeing planets i coud merge those 2 files together.

BTW. I am worrkin at the Mini Agreesor Weapon ..(This sounds crazy :))
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
10-08-2006, 10:38 AM
In which program can i edit Those XML Files u gave me.. ? When i click it normally it opens up Internet explorer with the File attached.. When i want to change the Filenames it sets 1 page back.. ( Example .. i have Lucasforums open , i Click XML file , Lucasforums becomes , Documents and Setting ; XML Folder , When i do backspace to change Names , it goes back to Lucasforums.. )

Agressor.. Weapon :D
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-08-2006, 10:41 AM
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
10-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Thats Freakin Sweet!.. And it will Definetly Help against Thrawn and his Victory's :p.

Ow btw it's a idea.. and Probably a Small Chance but.. Can't u use the Stardestroyer Model from the Original EAW for The demo? i Doubt they have changed it.
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Ok ... I didn't make Trawn SD working .. it crashed for me.
The SD model maby ... I am not shure..

NEW VERSION AVAILEBLE LOOK AT FIRST POST.
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
10-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Artoo i have changed all Planets and im around Halfway through .. From bottom to top. The rest is for the Other guys who downloaded the XML Folder.. :D

Here it is Artoo .. Have fun with it :p http://files.filefront.com//;5990956;;/)
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks Darth now go and test my uber cannons :)

Ok guys now i need only the Scripthelp.txt done :) so go to work! :)
 FunSolo
10-08-2006, 11:21 AM
cool things :D
nice job.
this will help a bit waiting for the release *thumbs up* :)
 christnet06
10-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Very nice job !!

Is there a way to switch off the tutorial because it's boring...
I looked to the xml units in the demo and there is also the Death Star II but the alo files for it are missing... :-(

Congratulations for this first MOD, i'll check every min to see the project advances :)

MAY THE FORCE (of corruption) BE WITH YOU !!
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-08-2006, 11:31 AM
FoC in my country will be relase in November so i will have a long wait ...
I hope you will send me some cool srenshots and movies :sprobe:

Edit:
Yes I am also interested in DS II I will try to do something about it

O and please help guys with that SCRIPTHELP.txt ... I will give you a Credit :)
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
10-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Hehehe Just tested ure Uber Cannons.. ( Yes they are Awesome.. :) )

Here are some bugs i Found

Uber Cannons Can't hit Small ships ( Aka Tartans )
Mercenary with Disruptors don't do damage to Hovertanks ( This was on Nal Hutta)

Hey! Where is my Credit! :p
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Uber Cannons can't hit corvets fighters and transports they are too small
Distruptors ... maby the can't damage shielded units.

Oh i tested the Death Star everything was good to the place when i wanted to fire the super laser at the enemys space station... it crashe maby it is the model i am not shure..(lol i will cahne DS II model to an asteroid :))
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
10-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Super Asteroid of Doom..!
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-08-2006, 1:10 PM
Ok i made the Deat Star II Fully Operational !! But it is invisible (it has an clokeing field :))
It can destroy planets, ships and space stations.
 christnet06
10-08-2006, 1:15 PM
Nice job !!

May be you can use the first Death Star model from the original Empire at War ?

I hope you'll succeed !!
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-08-2006, 1:21 PM
Actual I can't check this now (no free space to unpack eaw models), and placeing the ds model in the demo is rater illegal. (Oh and i can't post the 300mb demo models meg file :))

..My HelpMe.zip was downloaded 12 times and we still don't have SCRIPTHELP.txt ...:)
 christnet06
10-08-2006, 1:31 PM
Ok

Do you think removing the tutorial is possible?
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-08-2006, 1:39 PM
Yes but when i removed all of it the game started to be buggy and not to work. I must find the thing that causes it. It must be a part of script somewere..

COMEING SOON

FoC: The Small Mod V2

New Features:
-Corupt and Conquer the whole Glaxy
-Use the ultimate power of Death Star II
-maby more :)

(I will make it go when i will have the SCRIPTHELP.txt done by ya guys :))
 jedi7000nathan
10-08-2006, 6:02 PM
when wil v2 come out
 Vormex5
10-08-2006, 6:14 PM
yeah um when is v2 coming out? cause i cant wait to use the 2nd deathstar haha pwnage :blast5:
 kaldrein
10-08-2006, 9:48 PM
okay I have this installed but I can't do the Felucia mission It won't spawn Tyber and it automatically says I am defeated and I can't access any other planets. I can't find all the stuff I need to mod the files they really made it harder
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
10-09-2006, 9:11 AM
Kaldrein u need to MOVE ALL Ure troops to Felucia.. EVERYTHING! :p then it will Work normally
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-09-2006, 10:04 AM
I am back from school .. and wath I see ... :) ok today or tommorow...
I need to write an long script ...then geat every planet a owner a flett ground force...

Btw. Can ya guys give me some sugestions about those planets...
Faction ...Fleet ect.
Factions: Rebels (I think they have only corelian corvets .. :))
Empire, Hutts, Pirates, Underworld (Ryloth is theirs so maby 1 more planet)
Planets: Abregado_Rae, AetenII, Alderaan, AlzocIII, Anaxes, Atzerri, Bespin, Bestine, Bonadan, Bothawui, Byss, Carida, Corellia, Corulag, Coruscant, Dagobah, Dantooine, Endor, Eriadu, Fondor, Fresia, Geonosis, Hoth, Ilum, Jabiim, Kashyyyk, Kessel, Korriban, Kuat, Manaan, MonCalimari, Naboo, Polus, Shola, Sullust, Taris, Tatooine, Thyferra, VergessoAsteroids, Wayland, Yavin, Dathomir, Honoghr, Hypori, Mustafar, Muunilinst, Myrkr, Saleucami, The_Maw, Utapau

Hehehe :)
 Doomgiver3
10-09-2006, 10:11 AM
when will u have this next version done and i think u should the droids
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
10-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Alderaan : Rebels
Bespin : Rebels
Bothawui : Rebels
Byss: Empire
Corellia : Empire/Rebels ( Not sure on this one, I think Corellia is under Empire control but wants to Join the Rebellion)
Coruscant : Empire
Dagobah: Rebels
Dantooine : Rebels
Endor : Empire
Fondor : Empire
Geonosis : Consortium
Hoth : Rebels
Kashyyyk : Rebels
Kessel : Empire
Korriban : Empire
Kuat : Empire
Manaan : Rebels?
Mon Calamari : Rebels
Naboo : Rebels
Sullust : Rebels
Taris : Empire
Tatooine : Empire/Hutts?
VergessoAsteroids : Pirates
Yavin : Rebels
Dathomir : Pirates or Consortium
Honoghr: Empire
Mustafar : Empire
Myrkr : Consortium
Saleucami : Empire
Utapau : Empire
 xhh2a
10-09-2006, 11:00 AM
You should(after you get rid of the long text in the tutorial(if possible)) make other factions playable as well(then give the darktrooper tech to empires.)
Whens version 2 coming out btw?
Cool mod, is this the only one for the FOC demo(normally I would buy it, as I did with Eaw, but since my parents won't let me[right now], I have to wait until I borrow it from a friend:()
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Ok guys I can't get all those planets up some bug gets in ... log text .. still it bug's also ...
I lovered the num of planets to from the expansion -mustafar and some old eaw planets..
Version to will be out in 15 minuts? Something like that, next i will try to change the sides and test it but a litle later.. now I fell realy bad ... +homework to do ...

OO my falut .. i got some files massed up anyawy back to plan A all planets but i don't have time to get all them fleets :(

You gonan kill me :) back to PLAN B those planets tend to crash the game so i need to fix it out :) i will be back with a beta of V2 soon (veary soon)

Beta OUT !!!
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
10-09-2006, 1:24 PM
Hey Artoo .. Nice to hear u will have a Beta of V2 ready soon. Did u have a look at the Factions i posted for each planet .. ow And btw Dathomir is preferably Consortium forgot to mention that.. Cheers :p
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-09-2006, 1:39 PM
Ok I went trought it your planet faction list is nice but i got to minimalize it (number of planets for now at last +some rebel worlds still soud be Imperial
:) the have those VSD .... and rebels have only the corvette same with those pirates ... (venator and v-wings maby)....

Ok get my beta o and remember to Corupt thw wokiess!
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
10-09-2006, 1:57 PM
Putting Venators at Rebels , Would be the most logic option i guess..
 Artoo-Eetoo
10-09-2006, 3:24 PM
Ok guys I am sorry but I won't have much time tommorow i got some additional Informatics lessons (maby my teacher will let me do some xml editing :))

V2 will include all planets with imps and rebels maby some Hutts and pirates :)
I will also unlock those coruption options and try to work on aditional units ..

So have fun with the beta and report bug;s :)

V2 Time remaining 48 h 00 m 00 s ....

edit:
Guys .. I got a working ...... DROIDEKA Mk II :) so see ya :) ...droideka's will rule this galaxy
 jedi7000nathan
10-09-2006, 7:00 PM
where is beta download link
 Executor1608
10-09-2006, 7:24 PM
for me, taking all my units to felucia gets an exception error and crashes now. I have all the right units needed and include all my units with the fleet, so is there any explanation?

I have a feeling the DSII is doin somethin...
 xhh2a
10-09-2006, 7:43 PM
not only you, with v1.1, I had a exception error when I took it to felucia, might be that I had space units in my fleet, hmm...(or that I took Nal Hutta and Mandalore already)
 jedi7000nathan
10-09-2006, 8:48 PM
the beta guys where do you get it
Page: 1 of 3