Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Duel: A Legacy of the Force Story

Page: 1 of 5
 Tysyacha
09-21-2006, 10:02 PM
STAR WARS: Legacy of the Force: The Duel

Starring (so far):

Emperor Devon, Dark Lord of the Sith, nemesis of Master Onasi

Jae Onasi, Jedi Master, nemesis of Emperor Devon, Sith Lord

Tysyacha as (who else) Tysy Dvukh, Apprentice in the balance

STAR WARS: Legacy of the Force: The Duel

Forty years after a New Hope championed the galaxy in the
form of LUKE SKYWALKER, evil has risen once again. Not only
has Jacen Solo become apprenticed to DARK LADY LUMIYA, but
other Sith seek to turn wavering Force users to the dark side.

In the midst of an infant war between the Galactic Alliance
and rebellious worlds like Corellia, a young girl, TYSY DVUKH,
is unsure of her destiny. What role would she, or should she
play in this escalating conflict? In desperation, she makes a
plea to the Force that will catch the attention of two rival
Masters. Only one will claim TYSY as apprentice, and win...

Tysy Dvukh sat in one of the Meditation Gardens of the rebuilt
Jedi Temple, collecting her thoughts in silence. It was night, and
the stars pierced the sky with hot fire. Peaceful, the scene was
not, and neither were the musings of the confused neophyte.

"In my opinion," she thought, "all this conflict that's ever
happened between the Jedi and the Sith, or the Galactic
Alliance and planets like Corellia, has been about power.
Power and strength, and who has more of it at any given
time. The Jedi always have it, and the Sith always want it.
Or is it the other way around? I don't know. I'm so lost."

Tysy bowed her head even lower than she had before,
considering something that perhaps no other Force user,
Jedi or Sith, had ever paused to consider. Increasing
someone else's power, a Master's power, to double her own...

"Living Force and Potentium Force," she began. "I do not
know what you are, what your essence is. Perhaps you are
neither one nor the other, but a mixture of both life and death.
What I ask is that since I am sensitive, I wish to become more so.

"However, I wish only to increase my strength in the Force,
in you, if someone else's Force strength will be doubled. I don't
wish to be selfish in this. I only wish to serve, to assist, and
to have my peculiar strength lie in service. What would I gain
if I learned all the knowledge of you, O Force, and sacrificed the
connection to others and to all of life that you fully possess?

"Grant me this boon, and I swear I'll be stronger for it. So will
my Master, if you wish it so. May my destiny be your design."

She opened her eyes and finished meditating, feeling peaceful.

Unbeknownst to her, or perhaps only subconsciously known,
through her plea Tysy had created a very slight disturbance
in the Force. A call to Masters both Jedi and Sith, a beacon
like Dantooine had been to Master Vrook, or Malachor to the
Jedi Exile millennia ago. A great temptation, Tysy was, but an
unwitting one. Who would come to her and be her Master?
 RaV™
09-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Hmm, is there a casting call thread for this rp? I'm interested in joining it while it's the only early rp not in full development like the others, plus it's of Tysyacha work :D
 Tysyacha
09-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Sure, you can join! I would love my Tysy story, and this duel,
to parallel and intersect with the lives of the Solos and Skywalkers.
Have you read the "Legacy of the Force" books yet? If you have,
please pick your favorite character from that series and RP as
him/her. For example, if Jae ends up being my Master, you could
be Luke and guide us both. Or, if Emperor Devon ends up winning,
you could be Dark Lady Lumiya and have a "tassel ball" for me, too! :)

What do you think?
 RaV™
09-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Hmm, sounds like i'll have to read a few things to actually get a clue of what's going on other than just reading what the introduction said. I am very interested in this rp even if I have to play the role of a true being in the SW universe.
 steven
09-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Name:John Ranger
Species:Human
Physical Apearance:http://keger.fr/images/818-01.PNG)
History:John is a gray jedi who left the Order after the death of his old master. He is now a wonder who travells the galaxy, however he still has links with the order and on several occasions helped them out on a situation. John is very good with artifacts and decifering ancient texts.
Alignment:Light
Lightsaber:Orange blade
 RaV™
09-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Well, if your allowed to make your own character would you allow me to do so as well??
 Jason Skywalker
09-22-2006, 2:58 PM
If i can be a created character:

Name: Alex Skyrider
Affiliation: New Jedi Order/New Republic
Favourite Weapon: Lightsaber, spare lightsaber hid on boot
Lightsaber (s) Colour: Green and Yellow.
Equipment: Tan Jedi Tunic and pants, brown boots and gloves.
Homeworld: Chandrila
Force Powers: Core Force Powers, Force Absorb
Appearence: Black wavy hair, blue eyes, slight beard.
Bio: Alex, born in a time of great conflitcs, was not of wealthy parents. They could see he was to have a great future, but not with them, so they abandoned him at an early age and gave him to the Jedi Order. He was a promising student, like so many others, and appears to have a great future.

If not:

Name: Ben Skywalker
Affiliation: New Jedi Order/New Republic
Favourite Weapon: Lightsaber
Lightsaber(s) Colour: Blue
Equipment: Tan Jedi Robe, brown cloak and boots, tan pants.
Homeworld: Ossus
Force Powers: Core Force Powers
Master (s): Jacen Solo
Appearence: Short blond hair, blue eyes.
 The Source
09-23-2006, 5:45 PM
Name: Magnerous
Affiliation: Sith
Favourite Weapon: Lightsaber - Blaster
Lightsaber(s) Colour: Red - Blood Red
Equipment: Black Robe w. Dark Gray Tunic
Homeworld: Onderon
Force Powers: Force Push, Pull, Jump, Saber Throw, Heal, Choke.
Master: Emperor Devon
Appearence: Long Red hair, Green Eyes.
 Emperor Devon
09-23-2006, 5:51 PM
Glad to have you instead of a faceless and personality-devoid Dark Jedi as a party member, Mac. :D

Everyone else, my chapter just needs a little polishing before I submit it. I'll also accept one other minion (for now). :)
 The Source
09-23-2006, 5:53 PM
Glad to have you instead of a faceless and personality-devoid Dark Jedi as a party member, Mac. :D

Everyone else, my chapter just needs a little polishing before I submit it. :)
Hehehe.. Yes My Master!
Lol...
 Jae Onasi
09-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Jolee and Talin are joining in with Jae. I'm working on my story.

Emperor Devon--do you want to generate the character stats via the TSL character generator and adjust up to level 18 by KSE, or use the rules in the SW core rulebook--I can post the stats if you'd like from the book. If we're using the book, we'd be better off staying at a minimum level 7 (which is when one graduates from Padawan to Knight). They cap at 20 in the book like K1, though it's not hard to extrapolate past that. The level depends on how long we plan on playing this out--if long term, we may want to chose something a little lower. If it's short term, level 18 with TSL progression works for me, too.

The TSL version may be easier in terms of fewer of some of the calculations, the book version has a few more force powers, skills and feats that might make this a little more interesting.
You may want to find the book (library may have it if you don't want to spend the money). I can give you the dice stats for whatever weapon/force power you want, tho I don't think I'll be able to do it for everything, especially since I have that report due on Friday. I suggest Tysy randomly generate some crystals for us for our lightsabers (I'm assuming we'd both have our named crystals, however) or give us a small list to choose from--since there's no way to find out what we'd have gotten in an unmodded game anymore. :D

If we're going to randomly generate stats via dice, I suggest doing a method we used when I was gaming with friends in college. It inflates the stats a little, but our theory was that we're above average people if we're going adventuring. It also gave the GM a little more freedom to use tougher monsters, too. :)
Roll 4d6, re-roll 1's and 2's, take the top 3 numbers and add together. Rolling 4 of a kind is an automatic 18, 4 6's is an automatic 19. Generate 6 numbers for the attributes. Re-roll the lowest of the 6 attributes if you want, but you have to keep whatever you re-roll (so if you have a 12 and you re-roll and end up getting a 10, you keep the 10).

There are a couple of scores we may need to add from the book such as initiative since we'll be doing the dice thing for attacks--we don't have the TSL program to do the calculations for us. :) If you want me to send you a character sheet to look at, let me know.

Tysy, I'll PM you with whatever stats you need for weapons, bad guys, etc, unless you already have the SW RPG rule book. There's a Force Adept Character in the book, along with Jedi classes, and you can multi-class if you want.
 Emperor Devon
09-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Emperor Devon--do you want to generate the character stats via the TSL character generator and adjust up to level 18 by KSE, or use the rules in the SW core rulebook--I can post the stats if you'd like from the book.

TSL at level 18 for me. :)

The TSL version may be easier in terms of fewer of some of the calculations, the book version has a few more force powers, skills and feats that might make this a little more interesting.

Might you name a few? :)

Roll 4d6, re-roll 1's and 2's,

If you want. :)
 CSI
09-24-2006, 12:12 AM
Well, if it's like Battle of Geonosis, thousands of Jedi and Thousands of Sith, then it will be fun.

BTW: A Suggest: If you really want to play this, then try to watch the duel between Maul / Obi and Qui, Yoda / Dooku, Dooku / Anakin, Mace / Palpy, Anakin / Obi-wan (Strongly recommended). (Just my opinion. Look, when I write CSI, I watch tons of CSI movies to absorb their procedure of Crime Scene Investigation.)
 Jae Onasi
09-24-2006, 1:04 AM
Also helps if you've done fencing and martial arts yourself. :)
 RaV™
09-24-2006, 1:33 AM
I suppose we are allowed a fiction character?
 Jae Onasi
09-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Fictional character--yes, unless Tysy says otherwise.

@Emperor Devon--Feats like Acrobatic, Ambidexterity, Fame, Spring Attack, Infamy, Mimic, Frightful Presence, Surgery, Starship operation, Zero-G training.

They have Force feats--the standard ones of Force Whirlwind and Master Speed and lightsaber defense, but also things like Compassion, Mettle, Link, and Malevolent.

I fount the TSL class progression tables from a gamefaqs link (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/star_wars_kotor_ii_a.txt). I couldn't find them anywhere else. He has the prestige class table going up to 15. I feel lazy this week because of the report writing and don't feel like extrapolating the next 3 levels. I suggest we do up to level 8 in whatever initial class and then 10 in the prestige class, which is more in keeping with the game anyway (and you want the initial skills/feats from the initial classes, too). Note that the bonuses will stack--a level 8 Guardian/level 10 Weapon master will have a +4 def bonus from the Guardian table and +4 def from the Weaponmaster for a total +8.
This route is actually better for the consular classes--the def progression is better as a consular than Jedi Master.

We'll also have to take care to watch what force powers can be taken at what level.

My 2 pence worth for the moment.
 Emperor Devon
09-24-2006, 3:45 PM
@Emperor Devon--Feats like Acrobatic, Ambidexterity, Fame, Spring Attack, Infamy, Mimic, Frightful Presence, Surgery, Starship operation, Zero-G training.

We can use those if you want, but I haven't a clue as to what they all do stat-wise.

I feel lazy this week because of the report writing and don't feel like extrapolating the next 3 levels. I suggest we do up to level 8 in whatever initial class and then 10 in the prestige class, which is more in keeping with the game anyway

I'm not picky. Sure. :)
 RaV™
09-24-2006, 5:05 PM
Name: Sciamanos
Race: Ubese
Affiliation: Sith/ Highest Payer
Weapons: Cortosis Ore Battle Staff and Cortosis Ore Dagger, Thermal Detanator, and a high powered projectile (uses bullets) rifle
Equipment: The helmet features a targeting laser, vision-plus scanner, audio pickup, broadband antenna and speech scrambler. The body armor consists of an Ogygian cloak, impact armor for the neck and chest, a bandolier with a projectile detonator and ammo pouches, glove spikes, a chest-mounted comlink and a Ubese clan belt-clasp.
Homeworld: Uba IV
Skills: Infiltration and Stealth
Appearance: Though somewhat modified to an extent (http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5655/obeseyd6.jpg)

I thought I should make some who is a nonjedi just to spice up things, if that's okay with the rest of you. Plus what I mean modified to an extent is that the 'Sciamanos' looks more like an ODST (http://i10.tinypic.com/2enx441.jpg)
 Emperor Devon
09-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Everyone, don't be surprised if this isn't too good. I've not writen any stories voluntarily in more years than I have fingers. :)

Chapter II

Knuckles rapped on an obsidian-colored door. "My lord?"

The voice was high, but the man was a enuch. He was a far less ambitious advisor of the Dark Lord's than his fellows were, which was precisely the reason he had been appointed to the Inner Circle. He wasn't as qualified as some of the others were, but loyalty and competence were so frustratingly difficult to find anywhere. Such a pity.

"My lord? There are matters that require your attention."

Devon was irritated. Bureaucrats were a necessary part of any government, but they could be so very annoying at times. And there was always another urgent matter that came up which required his attention as soon as possible. Which meant paperwork.

The idea was ludicrous. One of the greatest Dark Lords of the Sith of all time, doing paperwork? That was one thing which would have to be left out of the history books. Ever since the Grand Vizier was assassinated by an anarchist three days ago, Devon had discovered how truly grueling running the bureaucracy of an empire could be. There had been few people capable of taking up the now-vacant post of running the more tedious aspects of the system, and the few who were qualified enough could not be trusted. The other Sith Lords may have been subservients, and extremely competant ones at that, but they were treacherous to the core. They would have no doubt found some way to twist such a high post to their use.

So, Devon had taken up the job. He was the only person both capable and trustworthy enough to run the bureaucracy of the fourth Sith Empire.

"My lord?" The rapping continued.

The Dark Lord sighed to himself, and made a motion with his hand. The huge durasteel slab that acted as a door was lifted into the air, and set down behind one of the room's pillars. The idea behind it was simple, yet intelligent. The door was just a chunk of metal, so no slicers could access it. The thickness of the material would have required ship blasters at the least to destroy, which could not have fit in the hallways and corridors outside. The tremendous weight made it all but impossible to move, unless the person who wanted to possessed a strong affinity with the Force.

It was very protective against would-be assassins, though the tradeoff was the effort it took to just open the damn thing.

Devon pressed one of the controls on his chair, and it swiveled to face his visitor. "What is it, Vizier?" he snapped.

The man's voice carried a well-concealed tone of fear. "Ah, I did not, eh, realize you were meditating." He fidgeted with the collar of his robe. Such bravado this adviser possessed! Any other servant would have been groveling at his feet while babbling excuses for his intrusion.

Devon continued to stare, but said nothing.

The Vizier hid his emotions well, indeed! "Would you, er, like to discuss some recent matters that have come up?"

Devon stayed silent, but narrowed his eyes.

That was were the most qualified of generals could be reduced to sobs while reswearing their allegience. Any confessions would soon follow.

Sweat trickled down the advisor's bald head. He was truly adamant. "There was, ah, a rebellion in the Anaxes Sector."

Devon's gnarled hands grasped at the edge of his chair like a perch. He leaned forward, and his voice grew heavier. "Tell me. Tell me everything."

The Vizier absentmindedly scratched at an itch on his head he obviously didn't have. "Er, yes, my lord. The protests over the, ah, incident with City 19 several weeks ago grew out of control. The rebels, eh, overpowered the planetary garrison. It soon spread to several other neighboring systems."

Devon's grip on the chair tightened. "Did it, now? And was this rebellion utterly crushed?"

"It, eh, was." The last statement was added as if it were an afterthought. "My lord."

The Dark Lord's voice grew harsh, and his nails casually started tapping the throne's edge. "Did they learn how futile it is to defy the Emperor? Does my very name now strike terror into the hearts of any would-be conspirators and rebels?"

The Vizier quickly nodded an unnecessary amount of times, and beads of sweat trickled onto his robe. "Absolutely, my lord!"

Devon did not reply, and continued to stare at the advisor in front of him, who was trying to avoid eye contact by glancing at his hands. They're so wrinkled, the Vizier thought. So gnarled and old. As if someone had hewn them out of wood and thrown them into the sea for years. And the nails. Claws would have been a better word. They rapped the chair in Devon's traditional pattern. He focused on it. First the index finger, the middle finger, the pointer finger, back to the index finger and -

The Dark Lord's tone was overflowing with veanom, and its abruptness after the silence added to the effect. "Why?"

It was too much. The advisor collapsed. "Please, forive me, my lord! I only wanted to - "

"Kill me? Do you think I can't tell there's invisigas in the air just because my eyes can't see it? Do you think I can't sense the toxin filters newly implanted into your lungs? Did you think that something as basic as gas could kill a Lord of the Sith?"

The Vizier was qualling in fright. "I - I only wanted what was best for the empire - "

"You only wanted what was best for yourself!" Devon snapped. "Do not assume I cannot see through your feeble plots and deceptions! People have been trying to oust me from the throne the minute I first sat on it!"

His hands were clapsed together. "P-p-please, your-r h-highness, your l-lordship, ha-ha-have p-pity on me... "

"If I had an ounce of it I'd have been dead decades ago, and a fool like you would be Emperor!"

The Vizier was trembling in terror, and choking between sobs. At this point he would reveal anything.

"But perhaps if you tell me anything about your fellow conspirators, I will reduce the harshness of your inevitable punishment." Devon said evenly. His glare turned into a gaze, and he began to stroke his chin. "Would you like to talk?"

"M-m-my l-lord, I d-d-don't-t k-know a-a-anything!"

The Dark Lord's nostrils flared. "I am not stupid, you fool! Either you will tell me of this poor conspiracy, or the interrogation droids will!"

"A-a-an h-heir to t-t-the throne, m-m-my l-lord... Your c-condition h-has..!"

Though hidden behind a hood, Devon's eyes widened. "My condition? How do you know of this? And speak without stuttering, you fool! Would you like your tongue removed?"

This was supposedly one of the most well-hidden secrets in the galaxy. The Emperor had never shared this with a single living thing, and the people who'd known it were long dead. When he had been born, his body had been afflicted with a rare condition that decayed it and accelerated the aging process. Only his sheer will to live and power over the dark side held off the ravaging effects of the disease. Any cells taken from him would rot within moments, since he could no longer control them directly. That meant there could be no clone bodies to possess like Palpatine had millenia ago. His days were numbered.

The Vizier wet himself then, and stained the marble floor. Devon's nose wrinkled and his tone in response was sour. "I do not like your bodily fluids contaminating my chambers, but it is an improvement over your stammering. Speak!"

"S-some of the Prophets, m-my lord. Y-your former Prophets."

"That splinter group? I thought I'd had them wiped out decades ago. But no matter. What have they seen?"

"A-a prophecy, m-m'lord. But n-not of the future! T-the past!"

"The past?"

"Y-yes. A-an heir to the throne. A-an aprrentice!"

"How long ago?"

"T-t-two millenia from n-next week, my lord!"

Devon frowned. "That long? Hmm... And why did you want this apprentice? To manipulate him and have a puppet ruler?"

"H-her." Corrected the advisor. "I-I did. It is thought you w-will die soon. I-I only wanted t-to prevent civil war!"

The Dark Lord paused. "You have given me all the information I need, Vizier. You will not be punished for this offense."

His face split into a wide grin of relief. "My lord is merficul! My lord is just! My lord - "

"Lies through his teeth." A simple flick of his wrist, and the advisor's head was rent from his body. Blood splattered across the clean marble floor, and stood in stark contrast to its black. The man's severed head still bore a smile of relief.

"Hear this!" Devon shouted into the small earpiece in the Vizier's ear. "Fellow conspirators of this dead fool, I am not amused. This was your first example of my displeasure. It will be your last as well. Another will result in your deaths."

He shorted out the earpiece, and pressed a control on his throne to summon a comdroid. A minute passed, and one floated into the room. "I want contact with the Captain of the Guard."

The machine paused for several seconds, and a hologram of an extremely fit young man was soon projected. "My lord asked for me?" The voice implied he was a professional soldier who knew his job well. After the grueling trials of both body and loyalty to reach his post, the man couldn't even comprehend that treachery, himself, and his master could all be part of one event.

"I did. Do you know of the Vizier who recently visited me?"

He nodded. "A member of your Inner Circle, m'lord. He lives in the 182nd governmental district, along with his allies."

He hadn't even asked why. Devon so very liked the faithful commanders who never questioned anything. "I am glad you know. Take several ships and virus-bomb all life from there. I want no survivors. Let the media catch all the details, and kill anyone who protests. I want a public example."

"And next, conduct another investigation of the Inner Circle members. Hang any who are not loyal enough. That must be public as well."

The soldier saluted. "I do as my lord bids."

"See that you do." Finished Devon, and turned off the comlink. He told the comdroid to summon something that could dispose of the mess on the floor, and sent it away. He started toward the docking bays in his palace, and pondered the information he had just learned. There was only possible scenario it could fit into, and only one way to reach it. He had never practiced such a technique on himself before, but the need was dire and it would not be as lethal as the holocrons said.
 CSI
09-25-2006, 1:59 AM
My Young Apprentice, You still got much to learn...

No offending, I just quoting a line from Nihilus...Just amused that I can read this good chapter. Don't force choke me, I'm *not* lying!

Lie from the teeth.
 Emperor Devon
09-25-2006, 2:28 AM
Don't force choke me, I'm *not* lying!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k254/EmperorDevon/liar.jpg)
 Tysyacha
09-25-2006, 7:00 PM
Tysy felt a tug within her mind through the Force, but it was slight.
Very slight. It was probably nothing, but as one of the lower Jedi
Masters subordinate to Luke Skywalker had told her, "Nothing is
nothing, young one. Nothing comes from nothing, and nothing
means nothing. Listen to every vibration that comes to
you from the Force, whether light or dark. It could warn you
of danger, or enlighten you in ways that you've never known.
Do not ignore the Force. Listen. Learn what it tells you."

So Tysy listened, but she did not learn. She tried to sense its
tone and its sound, but she did not hear. Who or what are
you? she asked herself, asked the tiny Force pull that she
had just felt. Still, she sensed nothing, and this troubled her.

"Am I going crazy?" she mumbled. "By Dantooine, I hope not!"

Suddenly, she felt another surge in the Force, but this one
was much stronger, and much more intense. She listened again:

One path will see you loved, adored, revered by all who
know you. However, it will deliver you and the galaxy unto
conflict and death.

The other path will see you cast down, exiled, punished, sentenced
to penal servitude fit for true convicts. However, you and the galaxy
will both be the stronger for it, and you shall have peace and life.

Choose carefully. Once you follow a path, there is no turning back.
 Emperor Devon
09-25-2006, 9:40 PM
Vryss!

The secret throne world of the Dark Lord himself! Much like Palpatine's Byss, it was hidden within the Deep Core. But so much closer to the center of it.

Vryss was really an extraordinary planet. Near the center of the galaxy itself and surrounded by black holes and countless clusters of stars, it was unreachable by my most means. In fact, Devon had stumbled upon the planet by accident. When in a desire to see the heart of the galaxy, he had taken several ships and the strongest of his Dark Jedi to explore it. Their long-range sensors had picked up what they considered to be little more than asteroids, but Devon had sensed otherwise. They had gone to the system, and the Dark Lord knew he had discovered something special. By draining their lives away into raw power, he had channeled it and moved a star.

Arrival upon the planet soon proved how useful it was. Other than the flora and fauna, there was no life. The winds were always calm, constant rains came in light drizzles, and any magma from undeground had yet to come forth. The whole planet was completely stable, and to add a layer of icing to the cake, immensly strong in the dark side as well. The perfect retreat.

Soon after inspecting the planet, it was made the Dark Lord's secret throne world. Materials and slaves were sent to construct a citadel, and then all the living things who were invloved in some way or another were consumed by the planet's ravenous dark side energies. The fortress constructed was manned entirely by droids, as no one who could think independantly could ever be trusted.

The planet was perfect.

Devon's ship soon dropped out of hyperspace. It was the only one that had the coordinates to this place. From there, he recieved transmitted a signal to his fortress. After recieving one back and after answering several questions, his identity was confirmed. Massive tractor beam projectrs from the planet below latched onto a nearby star, and moved it aside. Devon's ship sailed through the passable gap, and was not fired on by several hundred ships after its visual identity was confirmed. The Dark Lors slave-rigged his ship to the controls on the planet below, and waited till he had landed.

The shuttle soon docked within one of his citadel's hangars. Devon departed from it, and journyed through his halls. They were magnificent.

Based off the architecture of the first Sith Empire and carved from black stone, this fortress was a wonder to look at. The pillars had been hewn from the rock they were part of, and were adorned with enough rubies and various black gems to buy a planet. The whole citadel was no doubt worth dozens with its materials, though in its contents, it could have bought half the galaxy.

Since his reign had begun, Devon had scoured the galaxy for Sith relics and artifacts. Any found were brougth to this fortress, which now easily rivaled the famed library of Osuss in its contents. Scrolls, tomes, weapons, statues, anything of the Sith that could fit in the citadel was in the citadel. Even Devon had not examined everything yet, and knew he probably never could. Though it would be so enjoyable and relaxing to become lost in thought amonst these treasures, his business was too pressing. He had to head for his meditation chamber at once.

Several hours and turbolifts later, he arrived. The meditation chamber held the basic Sith radition of being a round room devoid of furnishings, though he had altered a few things. Vast windows gazed down upon grassy fields soaked in rain, and various holocrons were on display. King Adas, Ragnos, Sadow, Nadd, Revan, Traya, the Exile, Palpatine, Krayt - the thoughts of all the greatest darksiders in recorded history were gathered here. And not just for aesthetic reasons. They enhanced his meditation to surprisingly enticing levels, and the ability to almost talk those figures via the holocron's gatekeepers instead helped.

Devon sat upon the floor, and for the first time since he last visited this place, truly relaxed. The dark side was at the height of its power here, and he no longer needed to singlemindedly hold his rotting body together. It felt so lovely to not concentrate on keeping each cell whole. It was like a bad headache going away, but on an entirely different level.

Devon closed his eyes, and reached out with the dark side. The barriers around his mind vanished, and it spread out across the universe. Stars, lives, planets, whole systems flicked by in seconds. Nothing was hidden from his all-seeing gaze. He stretched out across the cosmos, and felt himself sinking into the power the dark side offered, like a child being held by his mother.

His vision streemed across the universe. Right now on Tatooine, a moisture farmer was cursing over a vaporator. Devon so loved to watch that planet, despite its unimportance. Many great Sith had been involved in that place, and he had been as well.

Bored, his mind drew over Coruscant like a dark cloud. Right now, one of the Sith Lords was plotting how to kill his lord and reform the Sith in his own liking. How very foolish. One hundred was the perfect amount. No more, no less. Too few to have the civil wars of old, and too many to repeat the disaster at Endor. But he was wondering away from the point.

Devon's mind floated and stretched across the universe. So little was hidden now. Now, that was the problem! It needed to be then! Two millenia ago! The Dark Lord's mind tried to break out of the invisible box called time that constrained it. Where was important, but when even moreso.

Lend me your strength he thought to the holocrons about the room. In agreement, the power of the dark side coursed through Devon's body, empowering him. It was not enough. He focused. The energies of this planet streemed in, nearly causing him to clutch his heart in shock. But even that was not enough! He drew upon all the dark places in the galaxy, and power the likes of which other Sith had only dreamed of was his. But still not enough! He thought in anger. His mind rammed against the invisible barrier of time, but to no avail. Was this void uncrossable?

A revelation amidst his trance hit him. No! Of course not! The problem was so very apparent now!

He had not always existed, but the dark side had. He should not be the one to guide his mind in its journey through the unvierse, the dark side should. He would be a sailor on this ship, not the captain. He let go, and the dark side streemd through.

Ah, infinity, you are mine! He thought. His mind streamed along and melded with the dark side. It was now not only everywhere, but also everywhen! Every event that took place in history could have been his to witness if he wished. He saw it all; Darth Krayt, killing Fel. Such displeasure upon realizing it was a double! King Adas, battling the Rakata. His mighty legend had become known as the Sith'ari.

And now, the target of this search through time.

Tysy.

He felt her prescence, and tugged at it. Nothing. With all the power of the dark sides of now and then coursing through him, he projected a thought across the vast distances of space and time.

I know the answer. I am the one who is right. But who are you? The words would have cut into her mind like Echani firebrands.

Devon was hurled from the floor with the effort his thought took. He lay on the ground, staring up at the holocrons. That was magnificent!
 CSI
09-25-2006, 10:18 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k254/EmperorDevon/liar.jpg)

Gag...Have Mercy! Gag...I...can...n't...sp...ee..ak! Gag...O..K....I...ad..mit...I...l..ie..ed! Gag...

[ED [Force Persuade]: You will have no comment on this play.]
[I: I think...Awww, my head! I...I...have no comment on this play.]
[ED [Force Persuade]: You will read it quietly.]
[I: I will read it quietly.]

:chop1:I always forget this...Thanks ED for remind me this
 Emperor Devon
09-25-2006, 10:28 PM
[Force Persuade] And you will reduce the length of your quote and combine your double posts. It clutters up the thread, if you don't mind. :)

If everyone wouldn't mind, I'd like to hear your opinions. I've only heard two. :)
 CSI
09-25-2006, 10:51 PM
I don't mind, and I'm gladly did so.

Well, nice chapter. Seriously, Your Emperor is not *evil* enough. You can use Palpy as an example as evil. Or Darth Vader's ruthless, Traya's manipulation, or Sion's pain, Nihilus's Hunger, you have to combine them together...Then you can be a new breed of Sith Lord, therefore you can have a stronger apprentice. [This may be difficult for you, but it's just my opinion.]
 Tysyacha
09-25-2006, 11:10 PM
I know the answer. I am the one who is right. But who are you?

A Force conviction, a push, a command pulsing with life. A question that
Tysy Dvukh knew how to answer, unimpressive though the answers were.
She had almost blacked out at that instant. Was she concentrating too hard?

Composing herself and folding her hands, the young girl prepared her reply.

My name is Tysy Dvukh. Tysyacha, if you will. I am a Jedi Padawan,
and I sensed you through the Force. I have no Master. Who are you?
 Emperor Devon
09-25-2006, 11:22 PM
Well, nice chapter.

Thank you. :)

Seriously, Your Emperor is not *evil* enough. You can use Palpy as an example as evil.

There've not been too many opportunities to do so. But after how he decapitated the Vizier, ordered the virus-bombing of a district, sacrificed some of his followers to see a planet and allowed it to consume thousands of slaves to ensure word never got it and immersed himself in the dark side like that, he's not a very nice man. :)

I chose Palpatine and Kreia as something to draw a bit of his character from. He's not a Vader-style Sith Lord who goes around killing experienced officers for simple mistakes. He's more deceptive than that.

Anyway, he can't be that evil in all scenes. It's not like he'd be electrocuting chairs to show his malevolence. :)
 CSI
09-26-2006, 12:54 AM
Thank you. :)

There've not been too many opportunities to do so. But after how he decapitated the Vizier, ordered the virus-bombing of a district, sacrificed some of his followers to see a planet and allowed it to consume thousands of slaves to ensure word never got it and immersed himself in the dark side like that, he's not a very nice man. :)

I chose Palpatine and Kreia as something to draw a bit of his character from. He's not a Vader-style Sith Lord who goes around killing experienced officers for simple mistakes. He's more deceptive than that.

Anyway, he can't be that evil in all scenes. It's not like he'd be electrocuting chairs to show his malevolence. :)

Not a problem. I mean, it's not a Vader style, but you need to be more "Palpy" or "Kreia" style in order to get padawan successfully. You know, you have to convince her to join your side. Don't forget, your nemesis, Jae, is always on her back. "Jedi padawan", remember? Not "Sith Apprentice".

When can I see you guys duel?
 Emperor Devon
09-26-2006, 1:20 AM
you need to be more "Palpy" or "Kreia" style in order to get padawan successfully.

Hey, I've not even tried to convert her yet. Hold off on any advice until I do. ;)

Don't forget, your nemesis, Jae, is always on her back. "Jedi padawan", remember? Not "Sith Apprentice".

Tysys, Jae and I have discussed this in more PMs than I can remember. We've made the situation very clear to each other, and she will be neutral at the start of the duel. She's a lost and confused Padawan, remember. ;)

Jae has her hands full with a veeeerry long report. She's been able to post comments here and discuss the duel with Tysy and I, but I don't think she'll have any chapters for you for a little. :)

Edit: Jae, you just love to prove me wrong in any possible way, don't you? :p
 Jae Onasi
09-26-2006, 1:34 AM
"Long" is the understatement of the century. My outline is 2 pages long. I wrote about 8 pages today, and got about 1/3 of the way through the outline. I'm hoping work's a little light tomorrow so I can get a lot done. I need to send it out Friday am, and I still have more data coming in from people. I have a bad feeling that I have some college-level marathon writing sessions ahead of me....
Anyway, the muse struck if briefly. But I probably won't be able to get anything more done til this weekend at least, so bear with me a little longer. :)

--------

Jae woke up with a start, sitting straight up in bed. The vision made her heart beat wildly for a moment until she gained control and slowed the fierce pounding.

Talin rolled over, deep blue eyes still tiny slits in the dim light of the early morning, and found one of her hands, squeezing gently. "Another vision?"

Jae brushed back the red-gold hair that had fallen in her face, then looked over at her sleepy husband. "Yeah. This one was far more vivid. I'll tell you later, though, so you can go back to sleep."

"Not with your mind in that kind of turmoil. Come here," he said, drawing her into his arms. "Tell me."

Jae nestled against him and let the warmth envelope her. "I saw that time vortex again, the swirl of great light and dark. This time I could follow it to its source. A young Padawan is there, calling for help, and we're struggling to save her from some malevolent darkness. She's not sure which way to turn, and just as I reach her, the darkness attacks and I wake up."

"We? Both of us are fighting, then."

"You and me, yes. But I also saw Jolee."

Talin grinned, "The will of the Force brings us all together again. We'll have to go to Coruscant, then, and spring him from the Old Jedi Home, as he calls it. He'll be thrilled to see us again and get out of there."

Jae snorted. "He loves being on the Council, and you know it. He just won't admit it out loud. He's doing a lot of good, though. The Order's developed a vibrance about it, and people seem happier than I can remember in a long time."

"Happier than I can remember, period."

"I'm not sure if Vrook can stand any more of his improvements, however."

"Master Vrook is more flexible than anyone gives him credit for. He's a tough bird, but he knows when the times demand a change. Oh, we'll have to get some Ryloth beer over at Mik'oth's place, too. I found your dancer outfit hidden in one of the drawers the other day, you know. He'll love seeing you in it," Talin smirked.

Jae sat back up and whacked him with a pillow before Talin suspended it in mid-air in self-defense. "You, my dear husband, are just wicked. And Mik'oth still has openings in the Ladies' Lounge."

"OK, I give in. We can skip the, uh, entertainment part of his cantina. Now come back here so I can hold you properly."

Jae settled back down next to him and sighed softly at the comfort. "I'm concerned about that girl," she said, finally. "There's so much turmoil, so many paths to the future for her, so many fighting for her. I can't see how it ends."

"You may not be able to. We'll fly to Coruscant, talk with Jolee, and hopefully it'll shed some light on things."

"I don't know if it'll help. I feel like the girl has to make her own decision in the midst of all the fighting. It will be a difficult battle for her."

"We'll all find a way together. The Force is with us."
 Emperor Devon
09-26-2006, 2:20 AM
I had never liked injections. Thought Devon.

And now look at me. My body is turning into mold before my very eyes, and now the medical droids have made me a pincussion!

He grimaced as several more needles were thrust into various organs. Three punctured his liver, and two for the kidney. Various other ones were put into his back and neck.

The lead medical droid nodded, and one gallon's worth of fluids were pumped into the Dark Lord's body. His mouth twitched, but he said nothing. Several seconds later, his body had broken most of it down into waste, leaving behind one liter's worth of the originally intended medicines. They would last several days before he required more.

"What have you found out?" Questioned Devon.

The main droid paused as information from a computer surged through it. "The usual, my lord. You are dying. You should have been in a coffin sixty years ago."

The Dark Lord scowled. These machines could never understand the concept of the Force.

"Never mind that, what else is new?"

"The latest blood samples have indicated that given your current condition and past history..." The droid paused for a moment.

"You have six months to live."

Devon's jaw dropped. "You told me two years last week!"

The droid hummed. "The tests you have taken defy all logic. The only plausible idea is that you did something which lowered your life by one and a half years yesterday. I would advise you to stop."

Devon's eyes widened in horror. "My newfound powers! They are - "

"Killing you." Interrupted the droid. "Your body appears it is being destroyed by whatever has kept it whole. You must cut back on whatever it is."

"Reduce my usage of the Force? I'll be weak! Vulnerable!"

"The alternative is death, my lord."

The Dark Lord's frown could have wilted flours. "Pump me full of medicines. Try again. I cannot be deprived of my greatest weapon when I could need it most!"

The droid swiveled about. "As you wish, my lord. Follow me to the room in the back. Please remove all your clothing, and do not take any form of painkillers. They could cancel out the positive effects of these drugs, provided that the three in eighty-nine chance your body does not ruin them comes through."

Devon frowned. I cannot go on like this. I will find you, Tysy. I will groom you into a worthy heir to my legacy, and you shall embrace the dark side utterly.

The medical droid hummed. "In order to try to make these drugs work, my lord, we will have to use the nine-inch needles. Be aware that you will find the areas they inserted into most uncomftorable."

Devon groaned. "Then get on with it!"
 Jae Onasi
09-26-2006, 9:45 AM
Edit: Jae, you just love to prove me wrong in any possible way, don't you? :p

I honestly didn't see your post before I put mine up--I was writing mine while you posted and I didn't refresh the thread before posting it. Must have been the Force at work. :D

I was so tired of that crazy report (I've put a couple hundred hours of work into investigating the situation for this report since August--and it's a volunteer position--yes, I'm insane to be doing that) that I needed a little distraction just to relax and get some sleep. And a beginning idea popped into my head so I ran with it. Hope I get that **** report done soon so I can finally get back to something more fun.
 Tysyacha
09-26-2006, 12:11 PM
(OOC: Jae, I hope you get that *SMURF* report done, too, because
as we all know in the working world, *SMURF* reports are no fun.
They drain us of energy, stamina, meaning and purpose, kind of like
Darth Nihilus does with the crew of the Ravager. Anyhoo... ;))

Tysy thought about returning to the Jedi Temple in the dark and
quiet of the evening, about telling one of the lesser Masters of the
one who had spoken to her through the Force. However, trusting
her instincts, she quickly decided against it. She didn't even know
who had spoken to her, let alone why. Why be a nuisance?

Grand Master Luke was consumed and preoccupied by how to deal
with the widening war against Corellia and her allies, not to mention
his own nephew, head of the Galactic Alliance Guard. Tysy had heard
rumors that Master Skywalker believed Jacen had turned to the Dark
Side. The young girl had no personal evidence that allowed her to
decide for herself, one way or the other. The most contact she'd had
with Jacen Solo, truth to tell, was only a few brief encounters in the
Temple. He'd walked past her, and she'd bowed every time. That was it.

Ah, yes. She would deal with this problem herself, alone, if it even
was a problem. Tysy would not trouble anyone else with this--event.

Come here, she said through the Force, at once humble and proud.
Her statement was a command, but one from a lower soldier, not a general.
Come here and answer to me, because I want to know who you are.

(OOC: I'll be back on Thursday evening from a business trip. Cheerio!)
 CSI
09-26-2006, 12:22 PM
The droid swiveled about. "As you wish, my lord. Follow me to the room in the back. Please remove all your clothing, and do not take any form of painkillers. They could cancel out the positive effects of these drugs, provided that the three in eighty-nine chance your body does not ruin them comes through."

Devon frowned. I cannot go on like this. I will find you, Tysy. I will groom you into a worthy heir to my legacy, and you shall embrace the dark side utterly.

The medical droid hummed. "In order to try to make these drugs work, my lord, we will have to use the nine-inch needles. Be aware that you will find the areas they inserted into most uncomftorable."

Devon groaned. "Then get on with it!"

Seriously, man, I think ED is going to commit a suicide.

Is this New Republic or Old Republic? Luke is in New Jedi Order (New Repub) but some part in Jae's fic indicates Old Republic (Like Jolee Bindo, he's in 4000 years before Battle of Yalvin)
 Jason Skywalker
09-26-2006, 2:09 PM
I'm sorry, but can you tell me where to fit in with Alex (assuming i'm him and not Ben)?
 Jae Onasi
09-26-2006, 4:19 PM
Don't forget, your nemesis, Jae, is always on her back.

I'm afraid to ask just what that's supposed to mean--I didn't think I'd given the impression that I was a completely loose woman, you know. Well, maybe if Orlando Bloom were around, but still.... ;)

Soon as I get that crazy report done and we all get our stats worked up for characters/weapons/etc.

@Tysy--have I told you just how much I despise Smurfs? They're about the only thing on the planet that I'd like to Force choke and then Force storm before really getting going in the destruction department. No, really, I hate Smurfs.... Fits right in with my feelings about this obnoxious report. :D
 Emperor Devon
09-26-2006, 8:15 PM
Seriously, man, I think ED is going to commit a suicide.

He never will, unpleasant as some of his life may be.

Is this New Republic or Old Republic?

Tysy's in the Galactic Alliance (about 40 years after the movies), Devon's in the fourth Sith Empire (2,000 years after the movies) and everyone nows where Jae is. :)

Jae, you are officialy completely kebonkers now. The fact that you're actually doing thar report voluntarily is deserving of several years in Hotel Asylum at the minimum. With myself as the warden. :D

Next, I've found something I can blackmail you with. Give me a good reason not to PM that Orlando Bloom remark to Jimbo. I'm open for bribes. :D
 CSI
09-27-2006, 1:17 AM
He never will, unpleasant as some of his life may be.

Tysy's in the Galactic Alliance (about 40 years after the movies), Devon's in the fourth Sith Empire (2,000 years after the movies) and everyone nows where Jae is. :)

Jae, you are officialy completely kebonkers now. The fact that you're actually doing thar report voluntarily is deserving of several years in Hotel Asylum at the minimum. With myself as the warden. :D

Next, I've found something I can blackmail you with. Give me a good reason not to PM that Orlando Bloom remark to Jimbo. I'm open for bribes. :D

Well, what Sith is doing is equal to committing suicide. They betray themselves, what's the difference to suicide?

Well, 40 ABY and 2000 ABY...A Jedi padawan can live that long? Then she is not a Jedi Padawan. She's a Grand Master (Or worse, a Force Ghost). Then you have no match for her.

Besides, who need bribe? You simply use this command [Force Persuade][/Force Persuade] then you can use the force power: Force Persuade. Why don't you use more effecient way?:D
 Emperor Devon
09-27-2006, 2:13 AM
Well, what Sith is doing is equal to committing suicide. They betray themselves, what's the difference to suicide?

But why kill himself? Devon is powerful enough that the only thing which can claim his life is his disease, and he'd be very foolish to say "To heck with it. I'll kill myself now!" when it's possible he can have an heir.

Well, 40 ABY and 2000 ABY...A Jedi padawan can live that long? Then she is not a Jedi Padawan. She's a Grand Master (Or worse, a Force Ghost). Then you have no match for her.

This is taking place during seperate times. Devon is not alive in 40 ABY, and Tysys is not alive in 2000 ABY. They have been communicating through time. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Force was strong with her, indeed. Communicating into the future with so little effort! But then again, her body was not a decaying mass of flesh unable to sustain the power that resided in it. Sending actual words though time would have been risky, far too risky indeed. So Devon sent images instead.

The Dark Lord gently worked his way into her mind. Not forcefully while battering down the barriers around it, but obviously and without hostility. He did not speak, but sent a captivating vision.

He appeared as nothing but black fog with the outline of a human form. Grey mists swirled around him, and he extended his hand. Nothing was said, but he conveyed images. He sent her visions of a far-off empire, that had unified the entire galaxy. There was no war, and he ruled without question. Everything was stable and orderly. It was a utopia, which knew nothing other than peace. There were great monuments and palaces. Those touched by the Force discussed its nature. Ideas were exchanged, and knowledge was planetiful. This empire was wealthy not only physically, but also through the mind. Perfect order, perferct law. There were no enemies and wars to be fought. Great fleets of ships maintained the peace with a vigilance the Jedi had never possessed.

But then it changed. The paradise went up in flames, and order transformed into chaos. Fire brought down the great monuments, and power-hungry warlords carved out petty fiefs and kingdoms from the bloated carcass of a once-great empire. The death toll went into the quadrillions, until it grew so high there were no numbers to count it. Anarchy. Disaster. Barbarism. A great dark age. This would all happen if the empire's leader died and no one replaced him. He had no heir.

You can prevent this, his image whispered. Join me. Become my apprentice. Prolong my empire's golden age. All you have to is touch that side of he Force Jedi name forbidden.

For the sake of countless innocents, do it. Let me teach you the true nature of the Force. When you have decided you wish to save a galaxy's worth of lives, I will come for you.

The Skywalkers are but novices compared to my might. I can make you powerful beyond your wildest imaginings...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's who she is, thought Devon. It had taken several hours of searching, but he had found her eventually. Something had been trying to hinder the vision he had sent to Tysy. Her mind was not nearly as advanced as his was, and he had smothered the feeble warnings of light she had sent in an cloud of darkness nothing could penetrate. Her vision into this matter was blocked by the shadows of the dark side now.

But all the same, someone else had known about this.

Which was why he had searched for her. It took an annoyingly long amount of time, but he eventually traced her back to her time and place.

He saw her now. Embraced by her husband, and even daring to think she understood the depth of this situation.

The Force is with you indeed, little Jedi, he sneered.

He he struck suddenly, and broke into her mind. She tried to raise some feeble barriers against him, but his will was far stronger than hers. He burst through like a hammer smashing china. Once inside, he made no effort to be gentle or subtle like had with Tysy. She might be able to find out who he was, but he didn't care.

Her mind was like a head of messy hair, and he was the comb. Her resistance was futile, but annoying nontheless. He combed through all her thoughts, dreams, memories and desires, and felt outrage being directed against him. This was not his to see. He ignored her protests, and continued searching through her mind. What a pathetic life of a pathetic Jedi, he thought. Your victory over that fool Miraxton has inflated your perception of your feeble skills.,

Several minutes passed, and he continued to comb through. When someone's mind is being searched, it can be extremely painful for the recipient. Devon made no effort to shield her. It took a little while, but he stumbled upon her name. The information was trivial compared to what else could have found, he had initally thought. But not so much more now.

Jae Onasi?

It was risky, but he spoke with her now. It would be less dangerous than the first time. The holocrons would sustain him.

You should not even exist! Revan killed your master on Rakata Prime!

He paused. But it matters not. Your pathetic mind cannot hope to grasp the complexity of this situation. It is a waste of time to even speak to you.

But lastly, I have a parting gift.

Devon reached into her free nerve endings and altered them with the Force. They would now react as if suffering from extreme nociception.

Enjoy. I hope your husband does as well.
 CSI
09-27-2006, 10:41 PM
But why kill himself? Devon is powerful enough that the only thing which can claim his life is his disease, and he'd be very foolish to say "To heck with it. I'll kill myself now!" when it's possible he can have an heir.

This is taking place during seperate times. Devon is not alive in 40 ABY, and Tysys is not alive in 2000 ABY. They have been communicating through time. :)

Another good chapter. Well, He did not commit a suicide. This is a good thing.

Well, Jae is in Old Republic, The Lost Padawan is in Beginning of New Republic, and you are in New Sith Order. It interests me because you guys are going to have a duel with time?
 Emperor Devon
09-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Another good chapter.

Thanks. I like hearing opinions. :)

Well, He did not commit a suicide. This is a good thing.

Heh, wouldn't be much of duel if one of the combatants killed himself before it started. :D

and you are in New Sith Order.

No, the fourth Sith Empire. Krayt had the New Sith Order, I believe. Or maybe not, I've not read those comics yet.

It interests me because you guys are going to have a duel with time?

No, time travel. It's happened a couple times in Star Wars, if you look thoroughly enough. :)
 CSI
09-27-2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks. I like hearing opinions. :)

Heh, wouldn't be much of duel if one of the combatants killed himself before it started. :D

No, the fourth Sith Empire. Krayt had the New Sith Order, I believe. Or maybe not, I've not read those comics yet.

No, time travel. It's happened a couple times in Star Wars, if you look thoroughly enough. :)

Oh, I forgot to mention you still got some spelling mistake.[:D]

Time travel? Don't tell me it's hyberdrive. Its animation is good, but it is NOT time travelling.

OK, OK. Fourth Sith Empire. Well, if you are way strong, why are you not Darth Plagueis?

Still looking forward to have a epic duel between light and dark.

[Sometimes I wonder if I can participate in the play, but frankly, my writing s****, and I got a CSI fiction to finish, therefore I think I'd bystand to enjoy. And my idea is I went to fight you before Jae, and when Jae comes here, I was striked down...Just my opinion.]
 Emperor Devon
09-27-2006, 11:39 PM
Time travel? Don't tell me it's hyberdrive.

No, it's through the Force. Devon demonstrated time can be affected by it on Jae, so I don't think actual travel is too far a stretch. :)

why are you not Darth Plagueis?

Different Force users are strong in different ways. Bastila, for example, was far more skilled than Revan at battle meditation, though she was by no means his equal overall.

And my idea is I went to fight you before Jae,

Devon loves target practice.
 CSI
09-27-2006, 11:57 PM
No, it's through the Force. Devon demonstrated time can be affected by it on Jae, so I don't think actual travel is too far a stretch. :)

Different Force users are strong in different ways. Bastila, for example, was far more skilled than Revan at battle meditation, though she was by no means his equal overall.

Devon loves target practice.

Ok, through the Force. I get it. Time travelling is not hard through all-known Force.

Well, what's your advantage of the Force? If I join your duel, maybe I'm a Weapon Master, but I have a weak will power and easy to be tempered, easy to get lured to Dark Side.

Target Practice? I'm not a training droid or sensor ball or GOTO.
 Tysyacha
09-28-2006, 9:37 PM
Tysy responded to the touch, to the voice, to the subtle persuasion
it seemed to be using. Powerful beyond belief? she asked. That
is something I have secretly wanted, she confessed to the Force
presence, whoever it was. I hate to admit it, but I do. Jedi aren't
supposed to wish for power. They should seek sacrifice, the end of
craving and selfhood. That, too, is what I want, but not while I am
still so weak. What good can I do as a mere Padawan, humbly training
under the various Masters while I have no real influence of my own?

I try to do good things, but my actions are minuscule. They are nothing
when compared to the good Grand Master Skywalker does every day.

You say I can earn this power if I turn to the Dark Side. I will not! How
can I live with myself and my fellow beings if I kill innocents and carry
out torture, murder, and espionage? I want peace in the galaxy more
than anything, and yes, power, but at that price? The Sith price? The
price that Palpatine paid, and Lord Vader? No. I won't turn into a mindless
killer, a slave to hatred and vengeance. I am sorry, but the true nature
of the Force is that the Light Side is balance, the Dark Side imbalance.

How can true order be put into place through the practices of the Sith?

I feel that you, whatever or whoever you are, have the power to touch
minds and kill the beings that have them through the Force. You are strong.

You may kill me if you wish, and I'll tell you why. I do not hate you, not at all.

If you kill me, know that you've killed a Padawan who offered herself to
you in death. She humbled herself to you as a corpse, and through this,
she has become one with the Force and met the ideal fate of a Jedi.

What's next? I've turned down your power, and the Dark Side. My death?
 Emperor Devon
09-28-2006, 11:00 PM
So naive thought the Dark Lord. He chuckled to himself, and opened himself to the dark side. His vision was projected. The dark figure appeared before the girl again, spoke.

The dark side is tool of ultimate power. One that can wielded for good. I will tell of you of what I have done with it.

The Jedi are dead. I lauched the Second Great Jedi Purge sixty years ago. They are gone. Completely. Extinct. Even their holocrons are kept under my lock and key. I used the dark side for this.

And look at the results! From the minute the greatest Lord of the Sith proclaimed himself Emperor, there have been no wars!

The Jedi Order may have had good intentions, but where did it get them? What of the Galactic Alliance?

The galaxy saw more war under them in decades than it had in millenia! Are good intentions right if they lead to more suffering than anything caused by the dark side?

My rule is firm, but stable. Complete order. And do you know why?

The light side of the Force is responsible for all the chaos the galaxy has ever known!

Look at all the Great Schism the Order experienced! There will always be those who stray from the light! Jacen Solo fell to the Sith! Even Luke became a thrall of the reborn Emperor!

Why keep flogging a horse that won't die? Why not ride it?

Few indeed stray from the dark side. If it dominates all, there will be no schisms, no splits, no chaos. The dark side is order. It will make the Force balanced.

And what I have wrought with it! Total order! More peace exists under the dark than the light!

You would turn down down the dark side? And what would result?

My empire will collapse! There are no numbers high enough to describe the casulaties! There will be a dark age that endures millenia!

But you can prevent it! Join me, embrace my teachings. With my help, you can save more lives than all the Jedi in history put together?

At what expense? The dark side? It is no price to pay. And even if it is, what is worth more: the lives of the galaxy, or your views on morality? You've said yourself you don't have any influence now. How could you understand?

The dark side can make you! How can you look at the Force when only seeing half its side?

I was once a Jedi! I have seen both sides of the same almighty Force!

Refuse me, and you will be just as evil as Darth Vader! Your refusal will kill enough people that it would take a thousand years to list them all!

No! That would be worse than Vader! Because you would commit this atrocity in the name of goodness, but deny your own nature! No true Jedi ever wants power!

So the choice is yours: will a war the likes of which the universe has never before seen occur, or will it not?

I won't force you into this. I only want you to save lives.

You alone will decide this. Choose wisely, and do not delay.

I am dying...

Devon sputtered, and coughed blood upon the ground. His gums were almost melting within his mouth. His teeth were yellowing, and saw several fall out of his mouth as he wheezed.

"I am falling apart!" He roared at himself. "I must have an heir!"
 Tysyacha
09-28-2006, 11:57 PM
The Force is a powerful thing. So powerful that even though Tysy's
knowledge and depth in it was small, her sense of it was very great.
She sensed the frustration and the rage of the Force presence that
was almost begging her to join his cause. She sensed its fury, and
the despair it was struggling against all odds to keep hidden.

Despair? Yes. It was dying, she now knew, and would rather soon.

Yet it was not this revelation that stunned her, but rather one
about the Grand Master that she trusted. Luke Skywalker himself.

Luke? she asked the presence, feeling as if someone had
punched her in the stomach. Luke Skywalker a thrall of the
reborn Emperor? That can't be true. You're Sith, so it must be a lie.
Tell me the story, if it is true, and then I'll stand firm or I'll yield!
 CSI
09-29-2006, 10:19 AM
All good chapters. I love the ED's thoughts, especially the last phrase, "I'm dying! I must have a heir!" How can I say? It's good, but it's beyond human word.

Tysy's chapters are as short as usual, but she also wrote the struggle in the young padawan's heart. Yes, Luke was once a Sith, and got redeemed by Mara Jade. I'm looking foward to read more!

"'I'm dying! I must have a heir!' Roared Emperor Devon..." I love this sentence. Looked more like Palpy now.
 Emperor Devon
09-30-2006, 1:58 PM
Yes, Luke was once a Sith, and got redeemed by Mara Jade.

Nope, Mara Jade redeemed Kyle. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devon chuckled to himself. The Jedi, the Sith - Yielding, standing firm - you do not yet understand, girl. They are but names. Titles. The new Jedi Order is radically different from the old one, even though it's not a century older. The Sith have had two millenia. Who's to say we haven't changed as well?

And of your Grand Master - you have heard of Operation Shadow Hand, yes? Where the reborn Palpatine launched a devastating campaign against the New Republic? He turned Luke to the dark side early on in it. He made him the Supreme Commander of the Imperial Fleet, even. Oh, he went back to the light, of course, but only with his sister's help. He wasn't strong enough to defeat the dark side on his own. He didn't even have a role in the Emperor's last death.

In fact, he has never defeated a Sith Lord as a Jedi. He only won against Vader by giving in to the dark side. What kind of a Grand Master is it who preaches of the light, but uses the darkness when he needs it?

I have answered many of your questions, and I am sure you have more. But I demmand one of my one.

WILL YOU OR WILL YOU NOT CONDEMN QUADRILLIONS OF QUINTILLIONS OF PEOPLE TO DEATH?
Page: 1 of 5