Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Duel: A Legacy of the Force Story

Page: 5 of 5
 Emperor Devon
11-06-2006, 11:30 PM
what, 5 pages and you havnt actually started yet? jeez...

We were including some background before the duel. :)

And speaking of (practice) dueling... :dev7:

Using master flurry, Devon has attacked Jae three times. And with rolls of 46, 40, and 49, all of which exceed her defense. The damage is 41+40+79, which equals...

160 points. :devsmoke:
 Jae Onasi
11-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Break down the types of damage for me, please.
Was the 79 a critical hit?
And you owe me some character sheets (or stats and equipment list). ;)
 Emperor Devon
11-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Break down the types of damage for me, please.

The computer doesn't say.

Does Jae have any immunities or damage reduction bonuses? :)

Was the 79 a critical hit?

Nope. :D

Devon's weapons do 23-84 and 30-82 points of damage.

And you owe me some character sheets (or stats and equipment list). ;)

I do indeed. There's no time for me tonight, though. :)
 Jae Onasi
11-07-2006, 1:08 AM
The computer doesn't say.

Does Jae have any immunities or damage reduction bonuses? :)

Oh, absolutely. :D

Oh, I sent revised sheets--I forgot to adjust the DEF and the saves from the TSL game and the new armored robes I decided to don instead, but your hits are still good so it's no biggie here.
 Emperor Devon
11-07-2006, 1:30 AM
Oh, absolutely. :D

Okay, would you mind telling me what they are? :lol:
 Jae Onasi
11-08-2006, 1:49 PM
Okay, would you mind telling me what they are? :lol:
For Jae:
Reduce:
vs DS 20%
Toughness 10% over 20 pts
Energy 30%

And you'll have to tell me if any of the hits are critical hits.

I'm happy to relate that you've done only 79 points of damage after all, and since I regenerate +3, the difference is 76 points.

And, in yet another change, I forgot that Jae doesn't have the same visor as Talin so I revised Jae's damage calculator slightly and fixed the boys' calculators since the reductions stack. I'll send that on if you want.

Oh, and let's make the attacks more interesting now:
Talin does Master Speed/Master Flurry.
Jolee does Master Battle Meditation.
Jae does Master Speed, Master Critical strike.

Roll a Will Save first....
 Emperor Devon
11-08-2006, 7:18 PM
Your approaching birthday must be turning your mind into mush. We're only using the main characters, remember? :xp:

Also, as I don't recall the specific amount of energy and DS damage my character dealt, you can't claim it's only 76. Ha. :xp: I'll have to go figure something out...
 Jae Onasi
11-08-2006, 7:27 PM
Your approaching birthday must be turning your mind into mush. We're only using the main characters, remember? :xp:

Also, as I don't recall the specific amount of energy and DS damage my character dealt, you can't claim it's only 76. Ha. :xp: I'll have to go figure something out...

I assumed DS damage was any damage done by a DSer unless otherwise specified, and my Jae crystal doesn't specify. And if you don't specify type of damage, naturally I'll assume it's energy. ;P

OK, don't roll a will save.
Jae's going to attack Master Speed Master Crit strike, and I have to go run to tkd class for a bit so I'll roll the dice in a bit.
 Emperor Devon
11-08-2006, 7:48 PM
I assumed DS damage was any damage done by a DSer unless otherwise specified, and my Jae crystal doesn't specify. And if you don't specify type of damage, naturally I'll assume it's energy. ;P

Nope, DS damage is a specific type that goes along with energy, sonic, electrical, etc.

Devon's lightsaber also does a good amount of fire damage (the barab ore crystal). With those two matters cleared up, you better recalculate the damage. ;P
 Jae Onasi
11-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Nope, DS damage is a specific type that goes along with energy, sonic, electrical, etc.

Devon's lightsaber also does a good amount of fire damage (the barab ore crystal). With those two matters cleared up, you better recalculate the damage. ;P

Barab ore does fire damage of 2d6. Roll that and I'll subtract it from the energy damage and recalculate.

Unless otherwise specified, since a saber's an energy weapon, any damage is energy. Those crystals that do physical damage vs DS specify the damage is physical.

And roll 4 fortitude saves and 2 Will saves. :)

Edit: and no, you didn't state your DEF anywhere. I'll assume that it's in the low 30's.

Master speed/Master Critical strike:
4 attacks/ rd, 2 with each saber (1 and 3 are main saber, 2 and 4 are offhand).
The 'to hit' rolls:
1. 20 (automatic hit, automatic critical)
2. 19 (with melee modifiers etc. it's 49)
3. 9 (modified: 47)
4. 16(modified: 46)
All are critical threats, so I rolled 'to hit's for each to see if damage is doubled:
1.7 (modified: 45)
2. 15 (modified: 45)
3. 6 (modified: 44)
4. 1 (automatic miss)
So the first 3 are critical hits and the 4th one is a muff, so it's normal damage only.

Damage:
1. Energy 82, Physical 8
2. Energy 38, Fire 14
3. Energy 78, Physical 16
4. Energy 22, Fire 3 (normal damage)
I got some sucky damage rolls.
Total: 220 energy, 24 physical, 17 fire. Total damage 261. Unless you have immunity to critical hits.
Plus the will and fortitude saves above....
 CSI
11-09-2006, 12:16 AM
261 Vitality Points? You can't get that high except you are above lv30, or are you?
 Emperor Devon
11-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Devon's defense is 33, since you're too lazy to check. :p

Damage-wise: I took a look, and my character actually has to barab and one pontite crystals the rolls I got were:

6 fire damage
8 fire damage
10 cold damage

No, they do 2d12. The stats in my character's lightsaber say so, and when I removed one the total damage went down that much. :)

Before I respond to your attack, did we agree that using defensive force powers counts as a full round?
 Jae Onasi
11-09-2006, 2:11 AM
Devon's defense is 33, since you're too lazy to check. :p

Damage-wise: I took a look, and my character actually has to barab and one pontite crystals the rolls I got were:

6 fire damage
8 fire damage
10 cold damage

No, they do 2d12. The stats in my character's lightsaber say so, and when I removed one the total damage went down that much. :)

Before I respond to your attack, did we agree that using defensive force powers counts as a full round?

If Barab ore does 2-12, that's the same as 2d6 (ie. with 2 six-sided die, your lowest roll will be 2, highest 12). If you roll 2d12, the damage you do will be 2-24 points. I'm pretty sure it does 2-12/2d6.

I believe we said 1 force power is a full round.
How do you want to handle master speed, though? It speeds everything up x2, so arguably you could do 2 attacks or 1 force power, 1 attack, or even 2 force powers.
 Emperor Devon
11-09-2006, 2:20 AM
Speed only affects attacks, though. And it's still a Force power. Are you still going to cast it, or go on with your regular attack?

Btw, how much damage has Devon done out of his original 160 points in light of this?
 Jae Onasi
11-09-2006, 2:40 AM
Speed only affects attacks, though. And it's still a Force power. Are you still going to cast it, or go on with your regular attack?

Btw, how much damage has Devon done out of his original 160 points in light of this?

For 36 seconds, movement speed is doubled, DEF increases by 4, and 2 attacks per round are gained. I don't know how the game handles it, but that's what the description from the game says. I'll have to calculate the damage later--it's late and I'm falling asleep typing. :xp:
 Emperor Devon
11-09-2006, 2:44 AM
You're always falling asleep typing! :p

I say we exclude it from affecting things other than combat.
 Jae Onasi
11-09-2006, 9:14 AM

84 points. And I get 3 regen, so 81. :) Let me know if I have to roll any saves, too.

I'll do a regular attack this round and cast Master Speed next round.

So, you have damage 120 Energy, 8 physical, 14 fire, total 142
and roll 2 Fort saves and 1 Will save.

And let me know if you've got a critical hit immunity so I don't have to do extra calculations, please. :)

Edit: and just to be really confusing, the in-game description of Barab Ore shows it has 2-16 damage (or 2d8). That's were I got that number, then. I knew I hadn't just made it up. :)
 Emperor Devon
11-10-2006, 2:11 AM
Let's just choose the damage that crystal does, then. I vote 2-16. :)

Let's see 120 energy, 8 physical 14 fire? My reductions should make that...

120 - 75% - 5 is 25. Plus 8 and 14 is 47, but reduced by 10% is 42, and with Devon's regeneration bonus of 2 (I forgot to mention that) makes it...

Just 40. Your low damage is equal to your age. :p

Oh, and Devon doesn't have any critical hit immunities.

Ah yes, saving throughs:

19 + 16 ( the dice roller) is 35. The second is 19 + 14, so that's 33. For will, 12 + 20 (an awesome roll! Would you mind if I save that one for later and try again? ;) ) is 22.
 Jae Onasi
11-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Let's just choose the damage that crystal does, then. I vote 2-16. :)
I double checked in the game--it's 2-12 points/2d6. If you're going to mod to make the game do your calcs, we should stay with the 2-12.

Damage vs. alignment is also physical, apparently, not energy, when I just checked in my game. However, the bonus you get _with_ your alignment is energy.
e.g. with my saber I get 1d8 physical, +10 vs. DS, +5 bonus LS. The damage is 1d8 +10 physical (or 11-18), and +5 to whatever the other energy damage is. So in this case it should have been 110 energy, 18 physical, and 14 fire, but it's a practice round, so who cares. This is one of the good reasons to do the practice round, just to work out these kinks. :D

Let's see 120 energy, 8 physical 14 fire? My reductions should make that...

120 - 75% - 5 is 25. Plus 8 and 14 is 47, but reduced by 10% is 42, and with Devon's regeneration bonus of 2 (I forgot to mention that) makes it...
If you get 10% off all damage at the top, you can take off 85% on energy instead of 75% instead of taking the 10% off everything at the end. If you reduce 120 by 10% you decrease it 12 points. If you wait to the end and decrease the 25 points of energy by 10%, you only lose 2.5 points energy. If you calculate it that way, however, you just have to remember not to include energy when you take 10% off the other damage types.

Just 40. Your low damage is equal to your age. :p

Oh, and Devon doesn't have any critical hit immunities.

Ah yes, saving throughs:

19 + 16 ( the dice roller) is 35. The second is 19 + 14, so that's 33. For will, 12 + 20 (an awesome roll! Would you mind if I save that one for later and try again? ;) ) is 22.
You have to make a Fort save of 18+my STR modifier, or 18+10, or 28, so you succeeded each time since both 35 and 33 are greater. Will save--12+20 is 32, not 22 :) and since you only had to make 22, you're good there, too. And no, you can't save your dice rolls. :D I don't get to save my 20 to hit with my main saber for another time, either. :) Natural 1s and 20s only cause automatic misses/hits on attack rolls, anyway.
 Emperor Devon
11-10-2006, 2:23 PM
I double checked in the game--it's 2-12 points/2d6. If you're going to mod to make the game do your calcs, we should stay with the 2-12.

Let's, then.

If you get 10% off all damage at the top, you can take off 85% on energy instead of 75% instead of taking the 10% off everything at the end.

I have one bit of equipment that reduces all energy by 15%, and some armor that reduces it by 60%. Using 75% seems the most efficient.

You have to make a Fort save of 18+my STR modifier, or 18+10, or 28, so you succeeded each time since both 35 and 33 are greater. Will save--12+20 is 32, not 22 :)

Blasted typos. I've never failed a math class, mind you. :p

And no, you can't save your dice rolls. :D

:fist:
 Jae Onasi
11-18-2006, 4:46 PM
Hehe, Jae emerges from the NWN2 game that she got rapidly sucked into on her b-day last week....

Practice Round 2:
Jae casts Force Speed.
 Emperor Devon
11-18-2006, 4:54 PM
Did Sir Robin and his minstrels get you going? :D

Devon casts master speed.
 Jae Onasi
11-19-2006, 8:48 AM
Did Sir Robin and his minstrels get you going? :D

Um, pretty much, yeah. :D
Master speed lasts 36 sec/6 rounds, so we have to Practice round 9 before it dissipates.
Practice round 3....Jae casts Master Battle Meditation--roll a Will save. You have to meet or beat 37 (DC5+character level+WIS and CHA modifiers). :)
 CSI
11-19-2006, 12:00 PM
......Frankly, I don't understand how the system works...and what does 2d6 mean...But however nice practice duel. Looking forward to see the real duel.

To not take things off topic I answer here: 2d6 means 2 six-sided dice being rolled. There are dice ranging from two-sided (D2), four-sided (D4), six-sided (D6), eight-sided (D8), twelve-sided (D12), twenty-sided (D20), thirty-sided (D30), and hundred-sided dice (D100). the d?? part indicates the type of dice to be used the first number is the amount of dice to be rolled... so for example 4D12 is asking for a roll of four twelve-sided dice. See. :D -RH

BTW, sorry if sounds like a newb, but isn't Force Speed same as Master Speed, only Master Speed is third force power and Force Speed is first power?
 Diego Varen
11-19-2006, 12:17 PM
BTW, sorry if sounds like a newb, but isn't Force Speed same as Master Speed, only Master Speed is third force power and Force Speed is first power?

And Knight Speed is the second power, which is in between both powers.
 Emperor Devon
11-19-2006, 4:09 PM
Let's see, a will of 12 + a lousy roll of 2 + 18 levels + wisdom and charisma modifiers of 2 and 3 = 37.

;P

My turn. Devon has uses master flurry, and already has master speed activated. He's dual-wielding, and that givess five attacks...

Hit: 38 Damage: 44

24 points energy, 8 points fire, 12 points strength

Hit: 53 Damage: 33

9 points strength, 6 cold, 18 energy

The game said I got some sort of critical attack x2, though I didn't use critical strike.

Hit: 41 Damage: 43

Energy 23, fire 5 strength 12, a "bonus" of 3

Hit: 39 Damage: 30

Energy 18, cold 2, fire 4, strength 6

Hit: 36 Damage: 61

Energy 27, fire 19, strength 12, another "bonus" of 3. It might be DS damage.

Totals:

Energy 110, fire 36, cold 8, strength 51, bonus 6

Damage: 211

Are we counting that one critical attack the game mentioned?
 Jae Onasi
11-19-2006, 7:13 PM
Let's see, a will of 12 + a lousy roll of 2 + 18 levels + wisdom and charisma modifiers of 2 and 3 = 37.

Nice try :) --the stats listed in Master Battle Med is for my attack, not your save--you have to make a Will save _against_ a DC5+my level+my WIS and CHA modifiers. You make only your base will save plus your WIS modifier+Makashi modifier, just like any other time you have to make a Will save.
So your Will save of 12 plus lousy roll of 2 plus Makashi of 2 plus your WIS of 2 doesn't make it, since you only make an adjusted roll of 18. You suffer -4 to attack, -4 to damage, and -4 to any other will saves for 4 rounds (or until round 7).

I also get a +4 to attack, damage, and Will saves, and increased VP regeneration--I'm going to assume for our purposes that it's doubled since I don't know what it is in the game.

So rerun your attacks now, because the -4 to the attack may make a difference on whether or not your attacks actually hit, and I'll get to take off 4 on each of the damage rolls. :xp:

You got a critical hit because you either rolled a natural 20 (which is an automatic hit and an automatic critical threat), or if your weapon is keen, you rolled a 19 or 20. It doesn't look like you made the roll to do the double damage, since the 'strength' damage is 9, which would mean the original would have been 4.5 points, which isn't possible.

What the heck is 'strength' damage? Is that supposed to be physical?

Send me your character sheets....Or send me your stats again, your initial and prestige classes, your equipment, and your lightsabers (including whatever upgrades you have in them), and anything else that modifies your attacks, defense, or attributes, and I'll make one up for you.
 Emperor Devon
11-19-2006, 7:29 PM
you have to make a Will save _against_ a DC5+my level+my WIS and CHA modifiers.

plus your WIS of 2 doesn't make it,

I forget whether the 2 was for wisdom or charisma, but I doubt it would be enough anyway.

So rerun your attacks now, because the -4 to the attack may make a difference on whether or not your attacks actually hit, and I'll get to take off 4 on each of the damage rolls. :xp:

Just subtract 4 from them. I don't want to recalculate that on just 4 points, thank you. :xp:

You got a critical hit because you either rolled a natural 20 (which is an automatic hit and an automatic critical threat), or if your weapon is keen, you rolled a 19 or 20. It doesn't look like you made the roll to do the double damage, since the 'strength' damage is 9, which would mean the original would have been 4.5 points, which isn't possible.

The computer knows best, usually. Do you want to count it?

What the heck is 'strength' damage? Is that supposed to be physical?

That's what the game called it... Perhaps it's the strength modifier?

Send me your character sheets....Or send me your stats again, your initial and prestige classes, your equipment, and your lightsabers (including whatever upgrades you have in them), and anything else that modifies your attacks, defense, or attributes, and I'll make one up for you.

I think I sent you all of that (or at least a good portion of it) in an e-mail or PM a while ago.
 Jae Onasi
11-19-2006, 9:23 PM
I forget whether the 2 was for wisdom or charisma, but I doubt it would be enough anyway.
since you said 2 and 3 for WIS and CHA, I thought that meant 'respectively', but no, neither would have made it.

Just subtract 4 from them. I don't want to recalculate that on just 4 points, thank you. :xp:
You have to recalculate to see if the hits actually make it first, because you have to take a -4 to your attack, also. So, some of those hits might not have made it in the first place. ;)

The computer knows best, usually. Do you want to count it?
I'm sure it calculated it correctly--I was just commenting that you apparently rolled something that gave you a critical threat, but it looks like you didn't make the next 'to hit' for the double damage, though I could be wrong.

That's what the game called it... Perhaps it's the strength modifier?
I don't believe it can be that--none of the crystals/components mention having an effect on the STR or the STR modifier.

I think I sent you all of that (or at least a good portion of it) in an e-mail or PM a while ago.I have the base stats and I think I erased the equipment (and I think you changed a couple things anyway). If you've got your lightsaber components and crystals handy, I may be able to figure out what 'strength' means.
 Emperor Devon
11-19-2006, 9:47 PM
You have to recalculate to see if the hits actually make it first, because you have to take a -4 to your attack, also. So, some of those hits might not have made it in the first place. ;)

What's Jae's defense? I'll recalculate then. :xp:

I'm sure it calculated it correctly--I was just commenting that you apparently rolled something that gave you a critical threat, but it looks like you didn't make the next 'to hit' for the double damage, though I could be wrong.

Maybe I did it for the wrong attack. Either way, it's more damage for me. ;P

I don't believe it can be that--none of the crystals/components mention having an effect on the STR or the STR modifier.

Well, I fought an enemy in the game with that character, and the strength damage was taken into effect. Maybe it's the DS damage.

I have the base stats and I think I erased the equipment (and I think you changed a couple things anyway). If you've got your lightsaber components and crystals handy, I may be able to figure out what 'strength' means.

The components only do energy damage. For crystals, I have a <FullName> one (which grants a DC 10 knockdown), a pontite one, and two barab ore ingots.

Oh, I think I changed the equipment a little, and now it gives:

CHA + 5
CON + 4
DEX + 5
STR + 17
15% electrical immunity
75% energy immunity
15% ion immunity
100% attribute damage immunity
Regeneration: 2
Attack + 3
 Tysyacha
11-19-2006, 11:38 PM
(observes the practice round) Wow! I can't believe neither of you
are practice-DEAD already! Tysyacha is goggle-eyed right now. :)
 Emperor Devon
11-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Heh, one of us will be. ;)
 CSI
11-20-2006, 4:00 AM
Who might it be?
 Jae Onasi
11-20-2006, 9:24 AM
What's Jae's defense? I'll recalculate then. :xp: Currently, 31

Maybe I did it for the wrong attack. Either way, it's more damage for me. ;P
Whatever the computer said is likely what you got since it would have calculated the double damage if you'd made the roll.

Well, I fought an enemy in the game with that character, and the strength damage was taken into effect. Maybe it's the DS damage.
I looked at the set of personal crystals, and it just says LS or DS. When I did a battle with one of my sabers, I think it said physical (as in bludgeoning damage). How do you want to handle this? I suspect neither of us wants to be at zero strength after 2 rounds. :)

The components only do energy damage. For crystals, I have a <FullName> one (which grants a DC 10 knockdown), a pontite one, and two barab ore ingots.

I'll see what I can work up then for a sheet. Which other LS upgrades do you have?
I have Jae's crystal, Solari, Barab Ore, and Kaiburr along with Ultimate Diatium, Expert Fencing, and Improved beam gem on both. The rest you can see on the character sheets. :)

How do you want to handle knockdowns? I went to the D&D site, and all it said about knockdowns was that it knocks someone prone. When I looked at 'prone', it said:
Lying on the ground. An attacker who is prone has a -4 penalty on melee attack rolls and cannot use a ranged weapon (except for a crossbow). A defender who is prone gains a +4 bonus to Armor Class against ranged attacks, but takes a -4 penalty to AC against melee attacks. Standing up is a move-equivalent action that provokes an attack of opportunity.
Does something come up in your game, or does a -4 to AC and melee attacks for 1 round work for you? We're skipping attacks of opportunity IIRC.
 Emperor Devon
11-21-2006, 8:37 PM
Currently, 31

Since even my reduced attacks are equal or greater than that, there's no need for me to. ;P

Whatever the computer said is likely what you got since it would have calculated the double damage if you'd made the roll.

It didn't look like it was included.

I looked at the set of personal crystals, and it just says LS or DS. When I did a battle with one of my sabers, I think it said physical (as in bludgeoning damage). How do you want to handle this? I suspect neither of us wants to be at zero strength after 2 rounds. :)

As the computer calculated my crystal damage and it wasn't too powerful, I say keep it. :)

Which other LS upgrades do you have?

Other than the crystals, the upgrades in both of Devon's lightsabers are the same as yours, but with a pontite over a beam gem lense.

How do you want to handle knockdowns? I went to the D&D site, and all it said about knockdowns was that it knocks someone prone. When I looked at 'prone', it said:

For simplicity's sake, how about the person knocked down skips a round? It goes something like that in the game, I think.

Does something come up in your game, or does a -4 to AC and melee attacks for 1 round work for you?

Not that I noticed, but we could skip that too for simplicity's sake.
 Jae Onasi
11-27-2006, 9:54 PM
It didn't look like it was included.
If the computer calculated it, I'm sure it included the critical hit, but just keep in mind even if you roll a 19 or 20 initially, you still have to make another attack roll for the double damage.

As the computer calculated my crystal damage and it wasn't too powerful, I say keep it. :)[/quote
Looks like you did 51 DS points--since I've never seen any characters dropped anywhere near single digit strength numbers much less negative numbers, I'm thinking it's physical (bludgeoning) damage. If it really is attribute damage, I have an item or two I'd like to change out before we start the real deal....and you'll get a chance to adjust whatever you want as well just to be fair. :D
[QUOTE=Emperor Devon]
Other than the crystals, the upgrades in both of Devon's lightsabers are the same as yours, but with a pontite over a beam gem lense.
I'll see what I can work up then.

For simplicity's sake, how about the person knocked down skips a round? It goes something like that in the game, I think.Works for me, and skipping the -4 to AC will be OK with me. We're going to have more house rules than most D&D games, you know. :giggle1:

Damage: I noticed in 1 of your attacks that you did 19 points of fire damage. Since you can only do 2-12 fire damage with each attack and it's obviously not a critical attack because it's an odd number, I assumed it was a typo and listed it as 10 points instead.

Oh, and your damage goes from 202 to 98 and with +6 to regen, that drops it to 92. I still have 212 to play with.

Jae does Master flurry and already has Master speed on.
1. Rolled a 1 for attack. Jedi Jae's sword goes flying around, totally misses Devon and nearly chops off her own head....

2. Attack 57 (rolled a 19, so it's a critical threat, rolled a 46 for the threat so it does double damage), Damage Total 62--Energy 48, Fire 10, +4 damage from Battle med (I have no idea what kind--physical works for me since one is stronger when under the influence of Battle med, but if you want to split it up evenly among the damage types, that's fine (e.g. for my sword that does energy and fire, 2 pts would go to energy, 2 to fire)

3. Attack 60 (rolled a 14) Damage Total 61--Energy 41, Physical or STR 16, 4 from Battle Med

4. Attack 50 (rolled 12) Damage total 33--energy 20, fire 9, Battle med 4

5. Attack 59 (rolled 13) Damage total 51--energy 33, physical/str 14, Battle med 4

Total: 207 points Energy 142, Physical/str 30, fire 19, Battle Med 16

Also, roll 2 Will saves, DC22, and don't forget the -4 to your will saves because of the master battle meditation....

You're up for practice round 4.
 Emperor Devon
11-27-2006, 10:37 PM
If it really is attribute damage, I have an item or two I'd like to change out before we start the real deal....and you'll get a chance to adjust whatever you want as well just to be fair. :D

It isn't. :D

I'll see what I can work up then.

That was excluding the crystals, though.

I noticed in 1 of your attacks that you did 19 points of fire damage. Since you can only do 2-12 fire damage with each attack and it's obviously not a critical attack because it's an odd number, I assumed it was a typo and listed it as 10 points instead.

Two of the lightsabers have barab ore. It's possible. Now for the combat...

Energy reduced by 75% is 33 and attribute damage is discounted entirely. That leaves me with 52 damage. Or 68 with the (not reduced) battle meditation. What kind is that? Energy?

And plus the regeneration, it's 50 damage regularly, and 66 with the battle meditation.

Also, roll 2 Will saves, DC22, and don't forget the -4 to your will saves because of the master battle meditation....

Where'd that come from? Force powers take up a round. :)
 Jae Onasi
11-28-2006, 6:56 AM
Two of the lightsabers have barab ore. It's possible. Now for the combat...
The 19 fire damage you listed was only for 1 saber. You broke down your attacks for each saber, you know. :D Which, actually, is good and we both should continue doing--the breaking down attacks by saber, not the 'trying to get Jae to take 19 damage when max is 12'. ;P

Energy reduced by 75% is 33 and attribute damage is discounted entirely. That leaves me with 52 damage. Or 68 with the (not reduced) battle meditation. What kind is that? Energy?
If LS/DS damage is not attribute damage, then, the LS/DS damage is physical and you have to count that other 30 points (as I did in mine :p ). I have no clue what kind Battle Med is--I don't know if the game says. So I suggested above splitting it evenly between damage types.

Where'd that come from? Force powers take up a round. :)
One of my lightsaber crystals. I hit twice with it, so you make 2 will saves. I think you were supposed to have me roll a save for something or other for one of your crystals, but you didn't specify, and I'm sure I won't feel like reminding you when we do this 'for real'. :D
 Emperor Devon
11-28-2006, 7:49 PM
Weren't you up awfully late last night. ;P

The 19 fire damage you listed was only for 1 saber. You broke down your attacks for each saber, you know. :D

That's what the game said. Don't question it! :D

the LS/DS damage is physical and you have to count that other 30 points

You metnioned it was physical/attribute damage, though.

I have no clue what kind Battle Med is--I don't know if the game says. So I suggested above splitting it evenly between damage types.

For the ease of calculation, let's have it be energy.

I won't feel like reminding you when we do this 'for real'. :D

Nice of you to think that, but I remember. :D

It's a low save, and I don't feel like including it in the practice.
 Jae Onasi
11-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Weren't you up awfully late last night. ;P
Try 'early'. Woke up at 3:15 am, wide awake. Insomnia--Ugh!

That's what the game said. Don't question it! :D
Someone better check your computer for mods, then. ;P

You metnioned it was physical/attribute damage, though.
Ahh, I see. Physical damage is the same as bludgeoning damage, not attribute damage. It's like energy or heat or cold, just a different type.

For the ease of calculation, let's have it be energy.Uh huh, because you have 75% energy reduction. I say split it in 2--I can keep track of it and just add it into the calcs.

Nice of you to think that, but I remember. :D
It's a low save, and I don't feel like including it in the practice.

I'm just a generous gal that way. :D
 Emperor Devon
11-29-2006, 12:06 AM
Try 'early'. Woke up at 3:15 am, wide awake. Insomnia--Ugh!

I thought you were off the drug that caused that.

Someone better check your computer for mods, then. ;P

There were no mods with that character. Count it. ;P

Physical damage is the same as bludgeoning damage, not attribute damage.

I know, although you said it was physical/attribute damage. :)

Uh huh, because you have 75% energy reduction. I say split it in 2--I can keep track of it and just add it into the calcs.

Into 2 what?

I'm just a generous gal that way. :D

That's relative. :D
 Jae Onasi
11-30-2006, 11:02 AM
I thought you were off the drug that caused that.
Stress does it too. Gotta find $2500 to fix the garage roof and we don't have it atm. Sigh....

There were no mods with that character. Count it. ;P
The _only_ way it could be over 12 is if it were a critical hit or if the DS damage was applied to heat rather than energy. Since it's an odd number, I don't think it was a critical hit.

I know, although you said it was physical/attribute damage. :)
Because I didn't know which to call it. :D

Into 2 what?
2 points to energy, 2 points to heat or bludgeoning/physical, depending on the saber.

That's relative. :D
Of course it is.

Did you make your will saves, btw?
 Emperor Devon
11-30-2006, 9:34 PM
Stress does it too. Gotta find $2500 to fix the garage roof and we don't have it atm. Sigh....

That scuks. I'm sure you'll manage, though. :)

The _only_ way it could be over 12 is if it were a critical hit or if the DS damage was applied to heat rather than energy. Since it's an odd number, I don't think it was a critical hit.

Do you doubt The Power of The Computer? Keep it. :D

Because I didn't know which to call it. :D

There's a slight statistical difference, y'know. Around 100%. :p

2 points to energy, 2 points to heat or bludgeoning/physical, depending on the saber.

Which sabers will the types of damage be distributed to, then?

Of course it is.

Yeah, you're only a 'generous gal' if there's no risk of losing a duel. :p

Did you make your will saves, btw?

To avoid tying it all out, I got 22 and 23.
 Jae Onasi
12-01-2006, 2:37 PM
Yes, I doubt the power of the computer, because it's people that program it. :D

It can only be that way if you have 2 barab ores in that saber.

I only do 2 types damage with either saber, either energy/physical or energy/heat, so I was going to split the points between the 2 types for each attack.
 Emperor Devon
12-03-2006, 5:33 PM
It can only be that way if you have 2 barab ores in that saber.

Nope, just one in each.

I only do 2 types damage with either saber, either energy/physical or energy/heat, so I was going to split the points between the 2 types for each attack.

All right. Since I'm so lazy, how much did you do again? :xp:
 Jae Onasi
12-03-2006, 5:46 PM
Energy 150
Physical/Bludgeoning 34
Fire/heat 23
 Emperor Devon
12-03-2006, 6:31 PM
And you did 16 points of battle meditation damage?

Since we'll be dealing with such small numbers, do you want to just make it 12 energy damage and 4 other damage?
 Jae Onasi
12-03-2006, 10:00 PM
And you did 16 points of battle meditation damage?

Since we'll be dealing with such small numbers, do you want to just make it 12 energy damage and 4 other damage?

I included the Battle med damage in those numbers.

It's easier to split it by saber--if I hadn't rolled that stupid 1 for the first attack, it would have been 4 more points, but it would have been 2 more energy and 2 more physical. It's actually easier for me to do the battle med damage per saber because I just assign the points to the calculator.

The fire damage in that saber--do you have something else there that also does fire damage? If barab ore only does 2-12 points of heat damage, there's no way it can do 19 unless you have something else in there doing fire damage as well. A critical hit would double the damage, but it would be an even number, not odd. I'm just not understanding how you got 19 fire.
 Emperor Devon
12-03-2006, 10:34 PM
The fire damage in that saber--do you have something else there that also does fire damage?

Nope. Just the barab ore. The computer mentioned a critical hit, though I don't know if it was for that attack.

Do you want to round it to 12, then? :)
 Jae Onasi
12-05-2006, 8:48 AM
Nope. If it's a critical hit, then I have immunity and take half of that for that saber (because the computer must have doubled it then, though how it came up with 19 I still don't know, because I thought that was for just 1 saber).
Page: 5 of 5