Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Duel: A Legacy of the Force Story

Page: 3 of 5
 CSI
10-06-2006, 2:41 AM
Ah, Revan. That's the true Sith teaching. Betrayal. Passion. Emotion. Rage. Hatred. Pain.
 Emperor Devon
10-06-2006, 7:37 PM
And subtlety without needless force. He used it well. :)
 CSI
10-06-2006, 8:42 PM
Well...Are you working on your next RP?
 Emperor Devon
10-06-2006, 8:47 PM
Until Jae or Tysy post something, no. :)

I think we'll all be waiting on my nemesis, though... She was vague, but said that her chapter would be posted tonight and that I'll be amused. :D
 Tysyacha
10-06-2006, 8:52 PM
"A soft yet twisted juxtaposition of a robe is what I'd like to wear," said
Tysy, "made out of black and white material. Soft and silken, but not so
much that it sticks to me whenever I sweat during combat." She smiled.
 Emperor Devon
10-06-2006, 9:11 PM
Devon nodded. "It shall be manufactured soon. Come. To my mediation chamber."
 The Source
10-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Arriving on Vryss 6,000 years in the past, the smuggling vessel Dark Horizon started its descent. Landing struts lowered from the vessel's bottom, and it's engines started to power down. For a brief moment, the vessel hovered in place, and then it proceeded to lower itself to the ground. As the landing struts hit the dry surface, dust particles defied the nature of gravity, and moved freely within the air. With a slight bounce to its shocks, the Dark Horizon found its mark upon the surface. Once the vessel fell silent, the main entry ramp started to open, and its mechanical gears echoed in the dead silence. Hitting the surface with a thud, the ramp scattered more dust into the air. At the top of the ramp, the inside light created a robed-silhouette figure. Small flickers of red sparks fell from the silhouette, and lines of smoke lingured around the stranger's head. While remaining in place, the hidden stranger's facial features ocassionally light up, and revealed his dark brown retnas. With the movement of one hand and arm, the stranger summonsed an object from behind him, and then attatched it to his belt clip. While placing his hood over his head, the stranger took his first step forward. As each of his steps hit the ramp, they echoed from within the shell of the vessel. As he remained hidden within his hood, the stranger scanned the unknown planet's surface.

"I need to find some supplies," Magnerous thought, "Maybe the locals will have something of use." As Magnerous walked away from the Dark Horizon, the entry ramp slowly started to close. With a quick flick of a finger, Magnerous tossed the remains of his cigar, and then he continued towards a large ancient temple. "This place feals familar," he thought. "Something dark and familar."

Once he arrived at the tample, Magnerous could sense the precense of two dark figures. Stretching out to the Force, Magnerous tried to sense where they were hidden. Resisting to use the Force for years has paid its toll, and has made him slightly vulnerable to others who are in tune. "If I don't do something quickly," he thought, "I won't have time to react." Keeping his hands in the inner portion of his robe, Magnerous flipped a clip, and then a small round object hit the ground. As he took steps torwards the temple door, Magnerous released four other objects from underneath the robe. Without pulling attention to himself, Magnerous made a quick hand guesture, and used the Force to bury the round objects. Upon arriving at the temple door, two Dark Jedi jumped out from behind him. Turning his head around slightly, Magnerous spoke, "I woudn't move any closer."

Without giving a response, the two Dark Jedi raced torwards the invader. Magnerous made another hand gesture, the ground errupted with a series of explosions, and they killed one of the Sith instantly. As the other Sith fell back, Magnerous summonsed an object off his belt, and with a quick series of bolts he killed the attacker. "Great," Magnerous thought, "I landed on a Sith planet."

While clipping the blaster to his belt, he scanned the temple door's surface. Ancient hydroglyphics were engraved into the stone, but Magnerous could not deciefer their meaning. One of the symbols felt familiar to him, but he could not remember where he had seen it before. "Interesting," Magnerous thought while lighting up another cigar. "Interesting indeed."

-------------------------

I am going to make it hard for you Devon. :)

I will send my stats to everyone in the morning.

More coming tomorrow. :)

P.S. I will check my grammar later. :)
 Emperor Devon
10-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Hey Mac, great to see you posting a chapter. :D

There's three things that need fixing, though. Vryss is a wet and dark planet. It also had no people or life on it before Devon went there. But if that's important to your chapters we can certainly change it. :)
 The Source
10-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Hey Mac, great to see you posting a chapter. :D

There's three things that need fixing, though. Vryss is a wet and dark planet. It also had no people or life on it before Devon went there. But if that's important to your chapters we can certainly change it. :)
Lol... How about the eastern hemisphere is wet, dark, and lifeless. The western hemisphere is dry, hot, and has a few lifeforms.

I believe you are 6,000 years into the future. Lol... I am 6,000 years in the past. :)
 Emperor Devon
10-06-2006, 11:32 PM
If it works with you, sure. :)
 The Source
10-06-2006, 11:37 PM
As his hand dragged across the stone door, Magnerous pressed a series of seven hydroglyphics inward. Each key snapped into place, and the door started to rumble to life. Stones scratched together, the ground shook, and the temple door started to slide upwards. Magnerous couldn't figure out what had happened. As if he had been here before, Magnerous drew the key-sequence from memory.

Once the door was fully open, Magnerous pulled his hood forward, closed his robes, and proceeded into the temple. After taking several steps inside, the door slowly descended into a close position, light was cut off, and the sound of air pressure sealed the temple.

Stretching out to the Force, Magnerous tried to sence the presence of other lifeforms. Being reminded of his out of practice state, his attempt to utilize the Force failed. Magnerous found himself looking down a long corridor, which was being illuminated by several wall torches. Cautiously, he started to walk down the corridor.
 CSI
10-07-2006, 12:04 AM
I want to, but I just don't know when to start.
 Jae Onasi
10-07-2006, 5:04 AM
Jolee watched the attack. It was successful. Very successful. Too successful...how could I have missed that, now? He called out to the other masters, “It’s one of those damn Sith illusions. Break off—it’s a trap!”

The masters flew back along the time conduit to prepare for the inevitable attack.

“Illusion, eh? Two can play that game,” Jolee muttered. He turned to the other masters as they returned to their time, and waving his hands a bit, projected an image of himself. “Make an avatar of yourself for Devon to attack. Let the illusion take the dark energy and feel the damage. The more real your picture is, the less likely the attack will break through to you. Now, folks—I feel him coming.”

Talin saw Jae kneeling, meditating, and ran to her. “Jae! What are you doing? We’re about to get attacked!”

Jae blinked a moment and focused on him. “Tysy’s not safe. He’s already sent her the holocron of Traya, and she believes him. I may have failed already to keep her on the path of light.” She put her head down in her hands, fighting the fatigue and sadness.

Talin kneeled down next to her, pulling her gently to him. “It’s never too late for anyone. We’ll find a way. Now, we need to build our illusions before Devon comes.”

They created their projections. Jae saw two of everyone, some of the avatars more real than others. Jolee’s illusion was so life-like that Jae wouldn’t have known which one was real if it hadn’t been for the image grinning like an idiot instead of having Jolee’s more normal sardonic look that always hinted at the amusement he saw in the world around him.

Devon’s anger was fierce, and the raw power of the attack crashed down on Talin and Jae’s illusions. Jae started to shake from the effort of holding the details of the image in place as it shrieked and shuddered, taking the damage in place of the Jedi. The sweat made lines on Talin’s face as he fought to keep his avatar from being crushed under the brutal attack. Jae linked with Talin’s mind instinctively, and their combined strength multiplied their power. The illusions held. It was some minutes before the Sith Lord finally appeared satisfied with his ‘lesson’ and ceased the attack. The time conduit collapsed, and the room was silent as the Jedi breathed deeply and regained their strength.

“Everyone alright?” Master Vrook asked, looking at every Jedi with a critical eye for any possible damage. Visas, Kavar, and Jolee all nodded back. Kavar moved to assist Supat, who was leaning back in a chair, pain shadowing his eyes.

Jolee looked over at the couple and saw them facing each other as they both kneeled, foreheads touching, her hands resting on either side of Talin’s head as she healed them both of their minor injuries. When he took her hands in his and kissed her forehead, Jolee announced, “Looks like they’re both fine, too. And Jae, while the lovely tableau Talin and you are creating is very inspiring for a romance holovid, you’re going to make Vrook even more sour than he normally is. I think Kavar could use some help tending to Supat, too.”

Jae got up, noting that Vrook did not appear quite as annoyed as he normally might be at her contact with Talin. She walked over to see about the Ithorian’s injuries. Placing her hands on his head, she sent her healing force through him. “I saw him attack you, Master Supat. I didn’t think you could heal from the attacks so quickly, however. Your vision is OK?”

Supat closed his eyes for a few moments as the relief from the healing flooded through him. Then he looked up at Jae and smiled wanly. “He forgot one thing. His attack only affects peripheral nerves.”

“And retinas are created from central nervous tissue, not peripheral, so the attack there was ineffective,” Jae smiled. Then she became sober once more. “I don’t think we’ll have the same fortune next time. He strikes me as one who hates making mistakes.”

“We cannot underestimate him, indeed. However, it is unwise to allow fear of his power to rule us. Everyone has their weaknesses. His most obvious one is the illness that rots his physical being. I will have to research that one more, but the methods of his attack and my experience in his presence have narrowed the field of possible diseases considerably.”

“You need to rest before you do that research, Master Supat. Healer’s orders,” Jae admonished, but her wink lightened the mood.

Supat patted her hand. “I’ll rest, but there’s much work that needs to be done.”

“Come on, old friend, let’s take you to your quarters,” Vrook said as he helped Supat up. “Between Kavar, Visas, and me, we’ll make sure you follow those Healer’s orders.” The four masters left the Council chambers.

Jolee looked over at Jae and Talin. “We need to go to the Eloni cantina.”

“It’s a little early for a Ryloth beer, don’t you think?” Jae said, dryly.

Jolee shook his head. “It’s never too early for a Ryloth beer. However, that’s not the reason why.”

“Jae needs a dancing lesson?” Talin quipped. Jae looked askance at him and whacked him playfully before he captured her hands in his.

“Hush, you’re both interrupting,” Jolee chided, though the slight grin that followed gave away his amusement. “Devon contacted me as the attack let up. He’s sending ‘minions’ to attack Mik’oth.”

“Oh, my dear friend the Lekku-less Wonder!” cried out Mik’oth when he spied the Jedi trio enter his cantina.

“I see you must have been watching ‘Extreme Fashion’ this week, Tail-headed Tornado,” Jolee said as he gave the blue Twi’lek a bear hug.

“Stripes are in this season, my old friend. Stripes are in.”

“Yeah, but red, yellow and purple all at the same time?”

“Pfft. What do you know about fashion, anyway? Always wearing that same boring brown robe. It's so last millenium. Some day I’m going to steal that hideous thing and give you something much more up-to-date. Ah, and my favorite young couple who I brought together.” Mik’oth elbowed Talin slyly. “So, how was the honeymoon? You look far too satisfied to tell me it was anything less than very enjoyable. How was the holovid I sent you?”

Jae blushed, and even Talin’s cheeks pinked slightly. “It was, er, very educational. There were some things there that we probably would never have, well, considered.”

“Good. Jae deserves to be taken care of properly, don’t you my dear? How did you like the dancer outfit I left for you at your hotel suite?” He gave her a kiss on both cheeks in greeting before hugging both her and Talin.

“I’ve given it a special place in our home,” Jae grinned while Talin coughed back a laugh.

“Oh, wonderful. I just knew you’d enjoy it. And the fit?” the Twi’lek asked her, winking.

“Was perfect in every way,” Talin interjected. Mik’oth looked over at him and smiled broadly.

“Oh, does that mean I might have a chance of winning the baby bet?” Mik’oth waggled his eyebrows.

“All right, all right, it’s been a very eventful day and Jae doesn’t need to blush any brighter,” Jolee said, shaking his head with a smile. “Let’s find a table, Mik’oth. I have some business that may be a bit urgent.”

Mik’oth returned to his more business-like demeanor and found them a secluded table. They settled into their chairs, though the Jedi maintained a certain vigilance. “What’s wrong, Jolee?” he asked.

Jolee replied, “We had a battle through time with a Sith Lord today. He’s supposed to be sending some minions of his to attack you. We’re here to stop them. We may need to have you leave for your own safety.”

“I have to get my patrons and staff out before I can leave myself,” Mik’oth said. He waved over one of the cantina girls. She listened intently as he gave her instructions. “Darling, put a note on the door that says ‘Closed due to Private Party.’ Have all the staff get the patrons out as quickly as possible, and if something unusual happens before they’re out, get everyone to the nearest exit. Evacuate the staff as soon as we get all these people out. And Li’ella, it’s not a drill.” The corners of her lips dropped as she realized Mik’oth was not joking, and she hurried off to the other staff. Mik’oth went off to greet his patrons and help them find their way out safely, and when he was satisfied that no patrons or staff were in jeopardy, he returned to the table. “OK, Jolee, you’re killing a very profitable night, but I know you’re usually right about these things. What’s next?”

“We look for a way to get you out of harm’s way. I think you should come with us to the Temple—we can protect you better there.”

“Are you crazy? I’m not going to hide out in some stuffy old building when I have work to do.”

The ozone scent of another time conduit filled the cantina, and a dozen walking monsters lumbered out of thin air, followed by 8 more who had not survived the time transfer and were in various states of decomposition when they flopped on the ground. The 3 Jedi and Mik’oth had no time to consider the causes for that. The Jedi ignited their lightsabers and protected Mik’oth as he ran for the bar to find his blaster rifle. The monsters’ small dark eyes looked over the room, and when they saw their prey, they advanced slowly, raising the halberds. One of the monsters’ halberds hit another accidentally, and the injured one collapsed.

That fact teased at Jae’s consciousness as they slashed away at the nightmares that flailed at them. Finally, it coalesced into a solid reason. “The halberds—they’re poisoned somehow! One hit and we’re dead!” she shouted over the din of battle, blocking the blows that came crashing down on her from one of the creatures that was 3 times her size. Her arms shuddered under his unnatural strength, and the halberd nearly grazed her face. She allowed the Force to flow more freely, and it bolstered her energy. She pushed back against him while whirling her blade around, and after several chops, succeeded in removing both arms. The monster collapsed to the ground, howling. Jolee and Talin likewise struggled with lightsabers against the thick-hided beasts. Their skin could almost have been made out of cortosis, it took that much effort to breach. Jolee decided on a different tack, and initiated his Force storm power. All but 2 of the monsters howled, dropping their huge weapons and grabbing their heads. Talin closed to take advantage of their incapacitation, while Jae cocked her head to evaluate the attack’s success, and suddenly had the explanation.

“Keep up the Force storm, Jolee! They have metal teeth! I’m going after those last 2.”

“I don’t have too many shots at this, Jae. It takes a ton of energy.”

As she approached, she saw Mik’oth shooting at them while they muttered with a nearly worshipful look and what passed for a smile on their vapid faces, “Must go to blue! Must go to blue!”

Jae yelled over to Mik’oth, “Get down behind the bar! They want you because you’re blue!”

Mik’oth ducked down out of sight as Jae leaped over the bar to protect him. She saw their look of disappointment as they realized their ‘blue’ was now gone. Their disappointment turned to anger and they started smashing away at tables and chairs to get to the ‘blue.’

Jae and Mik’oth hunkered down under the bar and whispered to each other as much as possible over the din of lightsabers crashing against the monsters, tables and chairs breaking, and glass shattering.

“Mik’oth, you got anything here that’s blue that I can wear to distract them from you? Shirt? Towel? Jacket? They’re mesmerized by blue.”

Mik’oth looked around briefly through some of the drawers tucked under the bar, then got a sheepish look on his face. “Jae, I’ve got only one thing in blue.” He lifted up a dancer’s outfit from the drawer. “It even has tiny blue accent lights.”

“Please tell me you’re kidding.”

“Jae, we’re being attacked by ungodly creatures. Would I kid at a time like this?”

“Yes!”

“OK, I might, but it really is the only thing I’ve got.”

Jae took the outfit from his hands. “Close your eyes.”

“What?”

“Close your eyes. I have to get dressed in this darn thing, you can at least give me some privacy.”

“Jae, I’ve seen it all, believe me.”

“Not mine, thank you.”

Mik’oth sighed and closed his eyes. “Someday when we’re not getting attacked by the latest Sith creation, we’re going to have to have a little chat about this prude problem.”

She only caught him peeking one time. “The question is if there’s enough material in this thing for the blue to trigger their tiny little brains.”

“May I open my eyes now?”

“You may.”

He reached for a spot on the dancing bra, and when Jae made a move to bat his hand away, he held up a finger to stop her. “Ah-ah. Don’t you slap me. I’m just going to turn on the switch for the lights.” He found the tiny button on the strap and starbursts of blue lights lit up all over the outfit and started flashing.

“Mik’oth, this is an absolutely garish costume.”

“That’s a lovely compliment. Thank you. You fill it out rather nicely, I might add.”

“Just help me get on top of the bar.”

“Ooh, nice view.”

Jae glared at him.

Mik’oth held up his hands. “I quit, I promise I quit, but you look just luscious!” He poked his head up just high enough to see where the creatures were. “Dance around, Jae. I’ll call them.”

Jae thought briefly about how ridiculous it was to be dancing on top of a bar in an outfit that left absolutely nothing to the imagination, aqua lightsaber lit in one hand.

Mik’oth whistled loudly and called out, “Here, monsters!! Come to the blue!!”

One of the misshapen monstrosities turned its head at the sound and saw Jae swaying on the bar. “Blue! Must go to Blue!”

“Jae, put some hip into that dancing.”

“I’m trying, Mik’oth! They don’t teach Cantina Rat 101 in Jedi school!”

“Well, it’s obvious now that they should.” He called out again. “Come on, monsters. Here’s the blue!!”

Another of the monsters turned and was mesmerized. They trudged over towards the bar, chanting “Blue! Blue! Must go to Blue!”
Jolee had to stop his Force storm on the remaining 5 briefly to regain strength. They heard the others chanting “Blue!” and followed. Jae found herself with 7 monsters at her feet, all swaying along with her and watching her intently, stupid smiles on their faces. Jolee and Talin looked at each other in disbelief, then walked up behind all of them, spearing through them one by one. Jae noted that it took several times to pierce the thick hides and heavy skeletons, but then Jolee found the location of their hearts, and the two men worked quickly to finish off the rest.

Once all the creatures were dead, Talin helped Jae down off the bar. “You look exquisite,” he grinned.

“Can I borrow your robe?”
 Tysyacha
10-07-2006, 3:03 PM
Tysy followed a few hesitant paces behind the Force Presence who had called
her, feeling more nervous by the second. This was wrong. This was dead
wrong, for Meditation Chambers were the places where Jedi became Sith and
Sith either became Jedi or died from the pain that the Light caused them.
I must not fear, she told herself. Not because fear is an automatic
path to the Dark Side, but because This One will sense it and feed upon it.

"Welcome to my most private of sanctuaries," announced the Presence.
"This Meditation Chamber is home to me. It is where I can concentrate on
the Force the most and therefore channel it. It is where I focus my power."

And where I can focus mine. Tysy suddenly realized that this place
imbued with scarlet light and curling red smoke need not be a death trap.
"It's very nice," she said at first, but then the Padawan remembered this
wasn't a stylish new addition to an apartment on the reborn planet Taris.
"It amazes me," she said, "the atmosphere, the dark energy here. Are you
sure you aren't trying to sway me through some arcane Force power?"

"Come now, child," said the Presence, smiling. "True Sith consider it a far
greater victory to convince someone to join them of their own free will."

Of course. Darth Sidious, or Palpatine, had used torture. So had
his apprentice, Darth Vader, and the various officers beneath them. Was
it any wonder that the Empire had crumbled so quickly once they both
had died? Even animals rebelled against their masters if their masters
were cruel. Tysy had a thought that this Presence was trying to "kill
her with kindness", as the old Galactic bromide went, but there was
something more to this. Something not yet known to her, and insidious.

"What do you wish me to do?" asked Tysy, not calling the Other "Master".

"Reach out through the Force. Sense the power here, and the anger. This
anger is not directed against you, young one, or even the Jedi as a whole,
but the Light Side of the Force. The truth of the matter is that no one, as
long as they are not gods and mere mortals, can meet the excruciating
standard of perfection that the Light demands from them. Can you see it?"

"I see it," I said, my voice a whisper, "although through a haze, darkly. The
Light Side represents honor, compassion, responsibility, charity. Even though
it makes me feel like more of a person when I do good things, I feel like far
less of one when I fail to do them or make a mistake. It's the mistakes that
I remember. The shame of having to answer to the Masters in the Jedi
Temple when I stole something, or did not get involved when the weak
were about to be oppressed by the strong. I said I was sorry, but still..."

"Still, the Jedi did not forgive you. They remembered your mistakes, and
the Masters held them against you in silence when you ventured out to do
your next good deed. Why do you cling to the Light, when it has brought
you nothing but guilt and pain at its core? Shame and agony? If there is
one Master who has ever been completely kind to you besides Skywalker,
then tell me. Name one, and the hold of the Dark Side shall lessen upon you."

Silence from Tysy. She sensed the Presence was pleased. I told you.

Suddenly, the girl remembered. "Master Onasi! She never condemned, never
judged." Tysy stood up and instinctively fell into the Vaapad stance once more.

"Indeed? It is she and her slaves whom I will soon call to account on Vryss."

Tysy's heart stopped dead cold. For two seconds, her pulse did not sound.
No! You monster! She sent a frantic message out through the Force:

Leave me. Leave me here. Don't try to come and save me. If you do,
this Presence will hunt you, and you will die. Stay where you are. Ya liubliu
tebya--I love you, Master Onasi--and I want you to live and save the galaxy!
 Emperor Devon
10-07-2006, 3:22 PM
So foolish.

Devon stared out across the rain-drenched plains of Vryss. An unusually large storm was brewing in the air, just as one had been created in the Force.

The Sith Lord smiled to himself. They fell for the trap perfectly!

Oh, the torture session with the 'Council' was useful in how they would underestimate him, but then again, that was all moot.

Jae and her friends were on far-off Coruscant. Far away from the planet of those irksome creatures that meddled in time.

His Force storm had worked pefectly. Several of his pets had been killed instantly when he sent them on their assassination mission, so Jae would doubt his ability with that power even more.

It was so simple. He had ordered a fleet of his ships to Braxis IX. Once there, he had sent them through time. But that was no true credit to his abilites. All he had to do was conjure the storm, and release his hold over it. It soon had grown out of control, and had swallowed up every last ship.

But they had survived. His vision was on them right now.

Dozens upon dozens of his finest warships were heading to Li'adin right now. Upon arrival, he had given the order for the planet to be turned into space dust.

Who will 'save' Tysy now?

Of course, this would take time. The space around Li'adin was highly unstable, no doubt a result of generations of time-travelling. It would take time for his ships to be able to launch an orbital bombardment. He couldn't say how long.

But not time enough for the Jedi!

The Jedi. Where were they? Devon reached out.

Ah, there they are.

So, his pets had been killed? It was of little consequence. He'd sent another just as stupid batch mere minutes ago.

Unfortunately, they were even more faulty than the first. Not only did they have a passion for the color blue, but also for food as well. But that would be for the better. Twelve monsters eating that Twi'lek into poverty would distract the Jedi even longer.

Jedi. Such an annoying title. One his prospective apprentice was clinging to like a child's worn-out toy. One that was dirty, and needed to be replaced by something obviously better.

Showing signs of rebellion, was she? Devon sighed to himself, and reached out towards his meditation chamber. The Sith holocrons were retracted behind the walls, and replaced with ones the Jedi had made. They had been thought lost during the war with Exar Kun.

There. She should be happy with those new toys.
 The Source
10-07-2006, 3:27 PM
Raw, stale, and decaying air filled his lungs, and it reminded Magnerous about the Sith tombs on Korriban. Smuggling Sith artifacts from around the galaxy was dangerous, and it had cost Magnerous gravely for his youthful naпveness. However, that was another lifetime ago, and now Magnerous was searching for supplies to replenish his reserves. Entering the temple was more of a necessity than a curiosity, and not being in tune with the Force would make this journey even more dangerous.

Inching his way forward, Magnerous followed the corridor to a massive chamber, which contained two other passageways. One passage leads to the north, and the other passage stretched out to the west. As he kept himself hidden at the lip of the corridor, Magnerous studied the contents of the room carefully. Along the eastern wall, pieces of a mural could be seen piercing through a layer of webbing. Another two sets of hieroglyphics wrapped around the rim of the ceiling and floor. Torch stands were scattered throughout the room, and they illuminated the area in dim lighting. On the western side of the room, near the passageway, two large and tall statues sit at both ends of a stone tablet.

Echoing from the northern passage were voices, and they appeared to be moving towards Magnerous’s direction. Quickly, he moved behind one of the large statues, and waited for the new comers to arrive.

---

Coming out of the passage were three young Sith students. Along with their traditional gray uniforms, they each had a saber hilt attached to their belts. Stopping in the middle of the room, the three students stood and continued their debate. “Look I am telling you Atrina,” one of the male students spoke, “Master Onasi was definitely betrayed by his apprentice.”

Frustrated with Jonas’s interpretation to history, Atrina replied, “I don’t think it was that simple. Lord Tiberius left the Jedi Order because she disagreed with their policy. Her reputation as Dark Lord showed that she was not an ordinary Sith. Lord Tiberius showed compassion for others. ”

“Okay, enough of this speculation,” Jonas countered with a slightly disagreeable tone, “I heard rumors that the Onasi family has an heir that lives on today.”

Chuckling under her breath, Atrina replied, “Jonas, your full of tall tales.” Shaking her head in a mocking fashion, she added, “Come on. Lor-“ Feeling a slight sensation in the Force, Atrina stopped in mid sentence to observe her surroundings. “Come on. Master Shar sent us here for a reason,” Atrina continued, “This place gives me the creeps.”

As they headed towards the western passageway, Atrina picked up another sensation in the Force. “What on Korriban is going on,” she questioned, “I don’t think we are alone.” Scanning the area aimlessly, Atrina couldn’t find where she sensed the intruder.

---

Approximately four feet from where Atrina was standing, Magnerous could feel the beating of her heart, and the oxygen that was being released from her lungs. “Young this one is,” Magnerous thought, “But very inexperienced.” Stretching out the Force, Magnerous was able to summons enough of the energy field, so he could click on all three-saber hilts at once.

With three bright red flashes of light, the sabers cut through the upper leg of all three students. Under the duress of severe pain, the students fell helplessly to the floor. Within moments of their fall, two of the students died from heavy blood loss. Screaming from the intense pain, Atrina rocked back and forth on the floor.

Walking out from his hiding place, Magnerous flicked his old cigar, and light up another one to take its place. As he leaned over the last survivor, he spoke with a slight muffle, “If you want to continue breathing, you will tell me what I need to know. Do you understand?”

Clenching her leg firmly, Atrina gave a slight nod, and asked with fear reverberating in her voice, “What do you want?”

Magnerous tore a portion of her uniform, and wrapped a small tourniquet around her leg. After he slowed her blood loss down, Magnerous leaned her against the base of a statue, and then replied, “I would like to know why you are here? Who sent you, and who does this temple belong to?”
 Tysyacha
10-07-2006, 10:37 PM
[Ever seen two holocrons argue? You're about to!]

In the Meditation Chamber of the Presence, Tysy still had the holocron
of Darth Traya in the pocket of her regulation Jedi-issue nightdress. She
was pleased that the dark hooded figure had offered her Jedi holocrons
while retracting the ones that the Sith created back into the walls. For
now, Traya's was all she needed, all the Dark Side influence she could bear.

Tysy took down one of the Jedi holocrons gingerly, glowing light blue in a
pyramid shape. Perhaps setting it down next to the seething red one of
Traya was an unwise move, but up until now, Tysy had believed that
holocron presences kept to themselves and did not interact with other ones.

She was about to know how wrong she was when she activated the Jedi one.

"Good evening," said the holocron image, a dark-haired female with serious
blue eyes. "My name is Bastila Shan, and I am a Jedi. I sense that I am a
prisoner here, in a Sith Lord's meditation chamber. No matter. I can still
rescue you, if not in body, then in mind and soul. Are you a prisoner as well?"

"No," I said. "Not really, madam. I was transported here through time,
because the Presence who uses this chamber needs me. He is dying,
and he needs someone who can follow his teachings and continue them."

"Ah. Another Sith Lord. Exactly what this galaxy needs and craves. I'm sorry
if I sound harsh, but this Presence of whom you speak means nothing but
harm to you. He means to turn you to the Dark Side, and I won't have it."

The holocron of Traya began to tremble, and it flickered into malignant life
of its own accord. "You won't have it? What about the Padawan? Isn't it
her decision whether she follows the path of the Lght or Dark Side, Jedi?"

Bastila's image frowned. "Darth Traya. You're the one who taught my
only Revan, and you were the one who destroyed him. I've had several
thousand years to think about why he left me, and I'm convinced that
your latent teachings caused him to abandon me and the rest of his crew."

"My latent teachings? My dear child, my foolish one, you still do not
understand. Revan left for the Unknown Regions without you in order
to make sure that you did not die. He cared for you and Zaalbar, and
Canderous Ordo, and Mission, and the rest aboard the Ebon Hawk.
What kind of a Jedi would he have been had he sacrificed all of you?"

"We would not have died. However, we need to get back to the issue
at hand. How is this Sith Lord twisting your mind? Through torture, or
through seemingly kind treatment that has an ulterior motive behind it?"

"The second one. However, he's also telling me what I believe is the
truth about the Light Side of the Force. The Light Side demands and
expects perfection from everyone who claims to practice it. I can't
meet this standard, and he says that's why the Light Side causes
nothing but shame and guilt in its followers. I can't argue with that."

"Can't you?" said Bastila. "Standards for Jedi are high for a reason.
I know that you've made some mistakes in your life with the Order.
We all have; that's a part of being human. However, you no longer
need to feel shame and guilt when you do wrong. Something has
already forgiven you for them and integrated them into its plan."

"What has?"

"The Force. It has a destiny for you, a grand design for your future."

This made Darth Traya laugh. "Indeed. It wants to use you, to control
you to achieve some measure of balance. This is what I fought against,
why I tried to destroy the Force through the wounds of the Jedi Exile.
Would you be a slave to this Force, young one, or would you rather
control it? Use it as a weapon, an ally in your crusade against Light?"

"I don't know if I want to fight a crusade against Light. As for being
a slave to the Force, I would rather be its slave than its Master. I've
always wanted there to be something beyond me, something beyond
myself. The Force is what I've wanted, and I believe that following
the path of Light is the best way to make sure it stays in balance."

"Is it?" Traya pursed her lips. "I would like to talk to you of hypocrisy."

"In me?" I asked, feeling my stomach sink sadly. "Where do you see it?"

"Not in you, my young Jedi. In her," said Traya, turning to Bastila's image.

Tysy had thought that activating the holocrons would dispel her confusion.
Instead, she was more confused than ever about what path to follow...
 Emperor Devon
10-07-2006, 10:47 PM
I hate to burst your bubble, but in Devon's universe Bastila would never have had a Jedi holocron. :p
 Tysyacha
10-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Too bad, Sith. ;)
 Emperor Devon
10-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Too bad, Sith. ;)

:xp:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tysy?"

Devon's gloved hand rapped on the door to his meditation chambers. "You have bathed in the power of the Force for several hours. Come. No apprentice of mine will be without a lightsaber."
 CSI
10-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Not so fast, Emperor.
 Emperor Devon
10-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Devon will be dead in months. He wants an heir as soon as possible. ;)
 The Source
10-08-2006, 8:49 PM
“For the past several weeks, Master Shar has been receiving orders from a distant source,” Atrina replied, “Her source seemed interested in making direct contact.” After she took a moment to breath passed the pain, Atrina continued, “Shar was told about this hidden temple, so she sent a small team to investigate.”

“What is so important about this place,” Magnerous asked while adjusting Atrina’s tourniquet. “What else can you tell me?”

Antrina clenched her fists together, for another sharp and agonizing pain shot up her leg. Following several deep breathes, she finally responded, “This temple was built by a Sith Lord named Templora. According to the Sith archives on Telos, Templora built this temple to hide a very powerful energy source. Unfortunately, the archives didn’t go into too many details.” Adjusting herself into a better position took some effort. After she became comfortable again, Antrina continued, “Shar’s contact knew certain things, which were buried deep in the Sith archives. Without the contact’s knowledge, the Sith would have never found this temple.”

“Someone would pay handsomely for this energy source,” Magnerous thought, “I can finally get the Horizon fixed.” Once he rose to an upright position, Magnerous asked, “What did you find?”

Looking at Magnerous with a quizzical expression, Atrina replied, “During our search, we found evidence of grave robbers. It looks like someone had beaten us to it. Why?”

“I don’t think grave robbers emptied the tomb,” Magnerous replied. Scanning the objects around the room, Magnerous realized why the Sith didn’t find anything important. Getting into a crouching position, Magnerous studied the young Sith’s face, and asked, “Your scars. You have been disciplined harshly haven’t you?”

“What does it matter,” she replied, “You are only going to kill me. Why do you care?”

Chuckling from her response, Magnerous replied, “If I wanted to kill you, I would have already done so.” Magnerous reached over and wiped some dirt from her check, and spoke, “Plus, I didn’t kill your friends intentionally. If I didn’t take the initiative to strike, you and your friends would have overpowered me.” Before she could respond, Magnerous waved his hand over her head, and proceeded to place her into a healing trance. Once she was out cold, Magnerous rose to his feet and walked over to the eastern wall.

When he first arrived to the chamber, Magnerous didn’t understand why the room was setup in such a strange configuration. “There is something here that has been overlooked,” Magnerous thought, “This whole room is setup like a puzzle.” Upon the eastern wall was a web covered mural, which was unreadable to the average tomb raider. Carefully, Magnerous wiped away the cobwebs, took several steps backward, and closely examined the pictorial in front of him.

Stretching across the wall was a mural, which resembled a map of an ancient civilization. Within the center of the map was the tomb, and two crystals were embedded on its right and left side. Surrounding the tomb and crystals, several primitive homes were scattered towards a horizon. Along the bottom of the mural, hieroglyphics explain a sort of uprising, and the impending fall of their ruler. “This must be Lord Templora,” Magnerous thought while cleaning off a hieroglyphic. At the far ends of the mural stood two figures, and they looked similar to the statues that were in the chamber. Each figure wore a Sith ceremonial robe, and they both held a lightsaber in an inward angle. One of the Sith held a yellow bladed saber, which symbolizes the Jedi Sentinel class. Within the second Sith’s hand was a blue bladed saber, which symbolizes the Jedi Guardian class. Glancing back at the two crystals that surrounded the temple, Magnerous quickly saw the connection. While using his index finger, Magnerous tapped on one of the crystals, and it fell into the palm of his hand. After grabbing the second crystal, Magnerous walked over to the western side of the chamber, and studied the two statues closely. Each of the statues contained a hollow fisted hand, which was angled toward the center of the room. Matching the example on the mural, Magnerous placed each crystal inside a hollow fist. After several minutes had passed, Magnerous realized he was missing another step.

In between the two statues was a stone tablet, which also had a series of hieroglyphics etched into its surface. Along the right and left side of the tablet were two hand impressions. As Magnerous placed his palms in the impressions, the hieroglyphics on the tablet changed to basic. Studying the tablet closely, Magnerous got more insight into his faulty thinking.

On the Stone Tablet:
Master Templora ruled over the people of Vryss for two hundred years. During his long reign, Templora trained two loyal servants to carry out his will. Durion and Carva helped to keep the people of Vryss oppressed. Both loyal servants forced the Vryssrion people to build a massive temple, and to move their villages closer to their ruler. Signs of rebellion began looming, so Templora decided to find a means of escape. After gathering several components from around the planet, Templora built a gateway to escape the impending rebellion. Before he stepped through the gate, Templora gave two crystals to his loyalists. Durion was his apprentice, and he received the ‘Mantel of the Force.’ Carva was appointed Durion’s apprentice, and he received the ‘Guardian of the Force.’ Once Templora departed through the gate, the rebellion began to sweep across the village. Carva and Durion were killed during a seven year battle. Within the confinement of the tomb, Templora’s loyal servants were buried under each other’s monument. As a symbol of dishonor, the locals buried each man under the opposite’s statue.

Stretching out to the Force, Magnerous pulled the dead Sith student’s lightsabers to himself. After figuring out what went wrong, he inserted each of the crystals into a saber, and reordered them into their proper place. Once the sabers were in proper order, Magnerous stretched out to the Force, and activated both sabers from a distance. Instantly, the hieroglyphics that wrapped along the edge of the floor and ceiling started to go off in sequence. As each hieroglyphic was activated, the symbols made a clicking sound. Once all the hieroglyphics were illuminated, the northern and western passageways were replaced with two other chambers, and a wall embedded holocron was activated.

Standing in front of Magnerous, the hologram of a Sith began to speak, “My name is Durion. I am the former apprentice of Lord Templora, and for several years I have been fighting a rebellion. During the second year of our war, I decided to try and contact Master Templora. After entering the gateway myself, I began to realize what we have created. Upon entering the northern gateway, you will be sent back to the past. Since there is no temple in the deep past, the gateway will stay open for only a few minutes. Be very careful in your choices. If you choose the western gateway, you will be sent into the future. If you wish to control your destination, you must press one of the symbols on the floor. Starting at the northern passageway, going in a clock-wise direction, the symbols represent one thousand years. If you desire to go one thousand years to the past or future, press the first symbol near the door, and step through the appropriate passageway. Do you have any question?”

Magnerous stood there in awe, light up a cigar, scratched his chin, and thought about the possibilities. “I could go back and fix some gambling debts,” he thought, “Maybe I can deal with some unfinished business.” After contemplating on its possible uses, Magnerous finally asked, “Is there a way I can take a ship through?”

“Yes. Once you have chosen your destination, go to the passage way of your desire, and hit the symbol embedded on the third stone to the right. After everything is set, the gateway will be projected outside and above the temple. The gateway will be large enough for several ships to pass. Keep in mind that the gateways are unidirectional. You will have to reactivate the gate on the other side to get back,” the Durion holocron replied.

After staring at the northern gate for a while, Magnerous stretched out to the Force, and deactivated one of the lightsabers. Once the saber was powered down, the gateways automatically dissolved. Magnerous walked over to Atrina to check on her wounds. “I have the most powerful weapons in the galaxy,” he thought, “No. If I choose to use this device, I am only going one way.”

------------------------------

What everyone else sees:

For a brief period of time, everyone became aware of a massive anomaly in the Vryss system. Either they were told by an officer, or they picked it up on sensors themselves. Emperor Devon and Master Kavar were informed about an anomaly appearing in the orbit of Vryss. All you know that it was a massive threat, and it appeared in the orbit (not the surface) of Vryss.

(Do not play omnipotence.)
 Jae Onasi
10-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Jae has a Moron Moment--What does 'do not play omnipotence' mean?
Back to the story....

-----------------------

"Master Kavar!"
One of the younglings ran over to him with a datapad. "One of the scientists said to bring this to you right away!"
Kavar scanned the brief message. Oh, frack.... He tapped a short return message. "Thank you. Please return this to him, and ask him to contact me as soon as possible if there are any changes in Vryss."

"Yes, Master Kavar!" The youngling ran off quickly.

Kavar opened a link to Jolee. "Jolee, we have a little problem. When can you return?"

"Well, Kavar, we've got a little problem here. We got a dozen chimerae attacking, chasing Jae, and eating through Mik'oth's kitchen, including the countertops, pots, pans...."

Kavar smiled in spite of himself and caught the image that the monsters, while dangerous, were more of annoyance than deadly. "Mik'oth must have a fabulous special tonight if they're eating that much of it."

Jolee informed him of a place to go that Kavar had never heard of before.

"Jolee, tell Mik'oth to feed them all Sullustan puffer paste. Wait 3 minutes, then feed them Hutt Fizz."

"You are one sick man, Kavar. Mik'oth's never going to forgive me for the mess."

"Beats the alternative. I'll be there shortly with reinforcements."
 The Source
10-08-2006, 10:13 PM
What does 'do not play omnipotence' mean?

If I have spelt it correctly, the term means 'to see something before it happens'. Or - Knowing all things. Otherwords, if someone said, "Hey their is a temporal rift forming on Vryss without investigating, the question would be, "How did you figure that one out."

Since you didn't react in that way, you did not play what I call the 'omnipotence card'. Hehehe...
 CSI
10-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Nice chapters, McLeo and Jae. Well, I can not forgive Lumiya because she turned Jacen Solo as her apprentice. Awful.
 Tysyacha
10-09-2006, 9:06 PM
"A lightsaber, hm?" So far, Tysy had never had an official and customized one.
Hers had been, before the Presence destroyed it so unceremoniously, the
regulation Jedi-issue blue saber that all Padawans used before they became
proper Knights. Now was the chance to receive one specially created for her...

Could the Presence read her thoughts, much as Kreia could read those of the
Jedi Exile? He, sooner than she had expected, re-appeared with a fine weapon.

It was a double-bladed white saberstaff, each blade coated with a glowing
coat of silver Force-imbued molecules to cut down on the intense glare.
Titanium particles, perhaps, or platinum. Superbly crafted, to say the least.
"Is this mine?" That was all the young girl could say, her mouth agape.

"Indeed. To show your allegiance to the Light, with a touch of darkness."

Something powerful caught hold of Tysy when she caught hold of the saber.
Something irresistibly strong, a sense of accomplishment and wonder. "I--
I'm not worthy," said Tysy, lowering the weapon. "I'm not even a Jedi
Knight. I haven't passed the Trials, and Grand Master Luke tells me--"

"Luke Skywalker knows not who you are. He does not know your destiny,
your fate, or what makes you different from all other Jedi. He thinks only
of the galaxy itself, and has no concern for those who die serving it."

Tysy turned. "That's not true, and you know it. Grand Master Luke cares."

The Presence smiled underneath his midnight-hooded cloak. "I know.
That is part of why I chose you to become my apprentice, because
your views of things are not purely one-sided. You are balanced, and
this balance will serve you well as you seek to bring order to the galaxy."

Through the ways of the Sith, the Presence thought. Once
I have you fully in my grasp and we begin to carry out our plans, all of
Luke Skywalker's 'caring' in the world cannot stop the darkness to come.
 Emperor Devon
10-09-2006, 9:30 PM
The hour had grown late, and still confused as to what her future would be, Devon's apprentice had retired for the evening. As a sign of good faith, the quaters were luxurious to the point of obscenity, and contained no listening devices.

Devon would have gone his own chambers as well, but he no longer slept. His mind was not as focused then, and would not have been able to stave off the effects of his damnable diease. Years of treatments to his body had eleminated the natural desire it had to rest.

While his apprentice was sleeping, the Dark Lord had prepared some tests for his latest experiments.

Devon took an airspeeder to one of the arenas outside the citadel. It was as miserable a night as any on Vryss. Rains fell from the sky as always, and fierce winds blew across the rolling plains, and stung his face like pins. The conditions were unpleasant, but the destination was near.

The airspeeder soon stopped at the top level of a roofless arena, and Devon walked to the main box. Thin fields of energy stopped the winds and rains from being an irritation while not obscuring the view.

And in the middle of the arena, the combatants. They had been standing here for several hours, and were completely drenched. One of them shivered under its baggy cloaks and robes, but held its head high in respect for the Emperor.

What a wonderful contest. Twelve of the new experiments, and one of the even newer ones.

Hopefully this would be the last of the errors Devon saw from them. A dozen of his monsters would have been more than a match for the Jedi, were it not for those fatal flaws.

Thankfully, they have now been corrected.

Their intellects were far superior to what he had witnessed last time. Before sending the nightmares out into the arena, Devon had been able to have a surprisingly deep dicussion with one of them.

I've not had a conversation like that in a very long time. Perhaps I should start breeding my own advisors and generals? They would certainly be more loyal, and far superior in their duties to the natural ones.

But such thoughts were not for now. Now, testing the ability of this specimen in a fight was what mattered.

All the contestants were armed and armored equally. Their halberds had been replaced with long metal poles tipped with a blade the length of a bastard sword on each end. The lighter weapons would compensate for the armor he had given. Infused with the dark side and crafted from long-lost metals by Devon personally, he had guessed that nothing less than ship-mounted blasters could penetrate it.

A dozen of the monsters looked at him. What to do? The newer one had obviously figured it out, and had readied himself into a stance for combat.

"Kill the tall one." Devon anounced. Once the last trace of the words had left his lips the battle had begun.

It wasn't even a fight. It was an execution.

The strength of the new monster was stupdenous. It lifted its sword into the air, and twirled it around as if it were a string. The beast ran towards its nearest opponent and battered through its armor, reducing anything from the shoulders and up to pulp.

The other monsters lept at it, but they might as well have jumped into meat grinder. The newer beast's sword cut through them like a knife through butter. Within mere seconds, twelve mangled bodies lay on the floor.

Devon raised an eyebrow. "I am pleased."

More of these creatures were growing in the vats right now. It would take time, but there was always the invasion fleet to occupy him with until then.

Several more hours until Li'adin. Oh, why must these things take so long?

His mind drifted away the rain-drenched arena on Vryss, and focused upon his enemies...
 The Source
10-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Wow! Everyone is doing a cool storytelling job. Nice. :)

I will post a new chapter tomorrow night. :)
 CSI
10-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Geez...Looking forward to see more, McLeo.

Well, this manslaughtering is a little...eh, you enjoyed it? OK...
 Jae Onasi
10-10-2006, 12:54 AM
"Puffer paste and Hutt fizz?" Mik'oth scurried through the kitchen with his head covered to find the items. The new beasts roaming around the cantina alternately bit into anything that looked remotely like food or chased Jae around the bar, muttering "Blue! Blue!"

Jae made a silent plea to the Force that no more of these creatures would come through the time conduit before they could finish off these ones and she could change into something less...airy...than a dancer outfit.

She batted at one of the monsters' halberds with her lightsaber, and the handle of the weapon broke. The halberd head dropped on the monster's foot, cutting deep. It hardly registered the pain, but then it collapsed in a seizure and died moments later. "These halberds are tainted, too!" she called out.

"Got it!" Talin called back.

"Jae, come back towards the kitchen, circle through and come out the other door. We're ready for 'em," Jolee said over the din.

"On my way!" Jae dashed around the bar, leading the line of 5 drooling beasts into the kitchen. The rest had not survived the transfer for reasons they as yet had no time to consider.

Mik'oth had left out huge pans of the puffer paste, and as soon as Jae passed by, they stopped and ate the paste. And then the pans. And then the countertops. After Jae counted out the 3 minutes (interminably long), she poked at one with her lightsaber to get his attention. He followed her briefly and stopped at the Hutt Fizz. The rest of the chimerae heard the slurping and lumbered over to join him.

"Everyone out, now!" Jolee ordered. Jae backed away from them, still holding her saber out in front of her, but they didn't follow. Jolee pulled the door shut as soon as she was out. "Behind the bar, people, now!" The 4 of them dove for cover.

"Jolee, why in Force are we out here hiding behind a bar instead of going after them?" Mik'oth asked, flipping head tails out from under cover in exasperation.

One of the beasts roared, and it turned into a deafening howl before they heard a loud pop followed by splatter of some sort raining down in the kitchen. Mik'oth looked up in surprise at the sound. His face was frozen for a moment, and then he closed his eyes and ducked back under the wad of cloth covering his head. "I'm never going to be able to reopen. The Sanitation Ministry will never believe that I've scrubbed enough to get all that monster ooze out of my kitchen...."

Four more howls, four more dull exploding sounds, and the kitchen was silent.

Kavar and a half dozen other Knights and Padawans stormed into the cantina just as Jolee, Talin, Jae, and Mik'oth stood up. Everyone stopped short in surprise. Kavar's lips twitched a moment in amusement at the sight of Jae in the blue dancer's outfit, lights still flashing wildly, while Mik'oth stood next to her with her robe draped around his head. Jae drew herself up, held out her hand to Mik'oth for her robe, switched off the lights, and wrapped her robe back around herself.

"Master Kavar," Jae stated, holding her head high.

"Yes, Jae?"

"I think it would be an excellent opportunity for the younger Jedi to investigate the scene and assist Mik'oth with some of the more difficult clean-up. From the sounds of the explosions, there will be monster parts everywhere. Do not touch the halberd blades--I believe they're poisoned somehow, and I'm going to take one to Master Supat's office right now to find out what is on the blades that is killing these things so quickly."

"An excellent idea," Kavar nodded.

Jae leaned in towards his ear and in a low tone said, "And not one word to Queen Talia!"

"Not one word." Kavar answered, eyes lifting in amusement once more.

Jolee grinned. "Let's get to the temple, drop this off, and head out to Li'adin. We have an appointment with the future. Mik'oth, we'll be back as soon as we can."

"Don't bring any other creatures except yourselves next time, please. And Jae, you're welcome to keep the outfit. I insist, my dear. It's so you," he waggled a head tail at her.

Jae shook her head and smiled. "We hope to be back in less than a week and we can have a proper get-together then."

Jolee and Talin stepped out with Jae after she waved good-bye to the group.

Mik'oth waited until the door closed behind the Jedi trio before putting on a very self-satisfied smile. "Oh, Master Kavar. It is so kind of you to bring your charges here to assist me, and I am deeply in your debt. Do please let me repay you somehow."

"You know there's no need, Mik'oth," Kavar replied as he sent off the others to investigate and clean.

"On the contrary. I feel it is essential. And I wouldn't want you to break your word to Jae about the Queen. It is such a small service." Mik'oth placed a datachip in Kavar's hand and closed his fingers around it. "This way, you don't have to say a word to Her about all the events. You can just show her the security data."

Kavar's lips turned up again. "I'll take good care of it, Mik'oth."

"Good. It's too amusing to pass up, you know, in spite of all the danger."

Jae--clothed normally once more, Jolee, and Talin had settled in the galley for caffa when the holovid link chimed, indicating Master Supat.

"You're on your way to Li'adin?"

"Yes, hope to be there in a short time," Jolee answered the Ithorian.

"I analyzed the halberd head. It was covered in a deadly substance."

Jae said, "I thought that might be the case, because one of the beasts dropped his halberd on himself and then died only a couple minutes later."

"It's a deadly pathogen, very rare. I've only seen this one other time, and never in a Sith Lord. It's a wonder he's stayed alive. I'll transmit the data to you, though I have very little. My team is researching a cure as we speak, and we'll contact you soon. In the meantime, don't touch anything contaminated with it--it's terribly virulent."

"Understood," Jolee replied.

"Supat out."

...Don't try to come save me....

Jae searched her out. Tysy? Where are you? Oh, Force.... Jae turned to her beloved. "Talin--Devon's got Tysy. I don't know how he did it, but he's taken her hostage."
Are you all right, Tysy? Jae called to her.

Please, don't come. I don't want you to die.

I could no more leave you to him than I could my own flesh and blood. You are just as important as anyone else. And I'm not coming alone, either, so no fretting. Are you in danger?

He...fed me dinner, gave me a place to stay--it's truly opulent. And...a new lightsaber.

Jae closed her eyes in dismay. The most dangerous traps sometimes came gift-wrapped. Tysyacha, please, be very careful. Watch everything. You have to trust your judgment and your heart. He is wooing you. He'll twist what he says to make it sound entirely logical to do something just a tiny bit dark for the good of someone else or for the galaxy. And if that tiny darkness is all right, then maybe just a tiny bit more, because he'll know that you have the strength to handle it and not fall to the darkside if you don't want to. But all the time, he'll lead you down the garden path, subtly darker, until he has you clamped so tightly in his grasp you'll hardly be able to breathe. And throughout all that, he'll be telling you that he's not so very bad a person. I can't make your choices for you, but please be careful to look at all the options before you do.
And one more thing--the chimerae he sent to attack us had weapons covered in some kind of deadly pathogen, and we believe he is infected. Do please be careful--we don't want to see you get killed. We're coming Tysy, don't worry. We're coming....
 Emperor Devon
10-10-2006, 1:18 AM
"I want a six-course breakfast prepared for her in the morning, access to the bathhouseses, and a warning that she'll only be infected with direct contact with my skin."

"It will be done, your highness." The droid floated out of the throne throom to carry out its duties.

He was certainly spoiling his apprentice. She would soon -

Ah, there was Jae! Abandoning his previous train of thought, the Dark Lord listened in. He soon chuckled to himself at what he was hearing.

You're not coming at all, Devon sneered. Whether you live or die, I still win.

A press of a button, and a comlink opened up on Devon's throne. It took effort to actually speak across six thousand years, but it was doable.

"Report."

"Our fleet is orbiting Li'adin, your majesty." The Admiral spoke with the tone of someone who'd carried out this order many times. "We can reduce the planet to space dust on your command."

Devon smiled. "Fire at will, commander."

Even across six millenia, the sound of turbolaser blasts was unmistakable.
 CSI
10-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Man...You're powerful, more powerful I can even imagine.

@ Jae: Nicely discription of Beast-poping. It's an awesome idea that to pop the beast uncivilized, not to kill them civilized.
 Emperor Devon
10-11-2006, 7:54 PM
I have a bit of an anouncement to make here. A few matters have come up with me recently, and I've lost a good portion of my free time. I won't be able to post here as often. This should be resolved in a few weeks, and I'll still come here daily.
 The Source
10-13-2006, 1:44 PM
Hey man. I wouldn't worry about it. After I read your announcement last night, I came up with a solution. I am working on a chapter right now. After I finish eating lunch, I will be getting back to it. I have come up with a solution, which would allow you to take an absence for a while. I also think it would bring some justice to this story, and we can get our characters grounded again. Time travel has not been mentioned before in Star Wars, so I have to approach this in a Trekish manner. I will post my chapter tonight, so people can find pieces to spin off of it.

If others still want to keep this going, I will be more than happy to continue contributions. I am getting into a system, which will allow me to contribute a few chapters a weekened. Jae are you there? Hehehe...

---------------------------------------

To Hold Everyone over until I am done with the new chapter:

Everyone living 6,000 before Devon was informed that three massive anomalies breifly appeared in orbit around Vryss. When each anomaly occured, they were seen on radar for breif moments, but they appeared to be non-threatening.

Devon's Era: - You were just informed by one of your commanders that an unknown anomaly apeared in orbit, but its origins are still unknown. It showed up for a breif moment, and it apeared not to be a significant threat.
 Emperor Devon
10-13-2006, 2:13 PM
Hey man. I wouldn't worry about it. After I read your announcement last night, I came up with a solution. I am working on a chapter right now. After I finish eating lunch, I will be getting back to it. I have come up with a solution, which would allow you to take an absence for a while. I also think it would bring some justice to this story, and we can get our characters grounded again.

I appreciate the offer, though a couple things were resolved. I'll be able to post more often than I'd thought, but not as much as I used to.

You won't be rid of me that easily. :D

Jae are you there? Hehehe...

Jae's a slow old lady. She was sickened by how I could write chapters in ten minutes. :p
 The Source
10-13-2006, 2:21 PM
Good to hear. :) The story would not be interesting without you. :)

Lol... Jae is busy creating a lighsaber big enough to reach across time to kick your @##. Lo...
 CSI
10-13-2006, 2:38 PM
Good to hear. :) The story would not be interesting without you. :)

Lol... Jae is busy creating a lighsaber big enough to reach across time to kick your @##. Lo...

Ha. McLeo is got a point...Yeah, it's interesting that if a lightsaber is able to through the time...
 The Source
10-13-2006, 6:09 PM
Within a few hours later…

Atrina awoke from her healing trance, and saw Magnerous working attentively around the room. “What are you doing,” she questioned with a hint of grogginess.

“It is nice to see you are awake,” Magnerous replied, “Before I answer your question, I thought you might want to read this.” Stretching out to the Force, Magnerous guided a datapad to Atrina’s awaiting hand.

Upon examining the datapad, Atrina took a hard swallow, and asked, “When did this happen?’

“Not too long ago,” he replied, “I tried to contact your master, but all I ended up getting is static. I could have gotten paid heavily for the temple’s secrets, but everything has changed now.”

As Atrina examined the datapad over, she felt an overwhelming emptiness settle upon her dark spirit. “There is nothing to go back to,” she thought, “Everything I have helped to build is gone.” After she placed the datapad on the floor, Atrina opened the tourniquet Magnerous wrapped around her leg. Along the surface of her triceps, scarring had replaced her lightsaber wound.

“I can sense your pain,” Magnerous stated, while working on one of the gateways, “Being a Sith can blind you from normal emotions. Grieving for others is a step into a bigger understanding of the Force. ”

“What do you know about my pain,” she questioned, “What do you know about being a Sith anyway?”

Magnerous stopped tinkering for a moment, glared to the side, and replied, “At one point in my life, I was consumed by the darkside. My thoughts were filled with grandeurs of power and wealth. I lost everything that made me human. After falling deep into uncharted darkness, I became more of a beast than man.”

Quizzically she asked, “What happened?”

“I will tell you another time,” he replied. With a few more tweaks to the gateway, Magnerous spoke, “There. We are ready to get going.”

“We,” Atrina questioned, “When did we become a team?”

With a slight chuckle, Magnerous replied, “I have seen your destiny, and it has not been written. The Force has guided you here, and it has given you a blank slate.” Magnerous walked up to Atrina, placed a hand on her right shoulder, and continued, “You may have been a weak Sith, but I can teach you to become a humble Jedi.”

Atrina’s forehead wrinkled, one of her eyebrows dropped, and she replied, “Listen you cigar smoking-sad excuse of a Sith, you come in here and kill my friends. Now, you want me to follow your teachings?”

“I was listening to your conversation earlier,” Magnerous replied while folding his arms. “They were not really your friends were they?”

From out of nowhere, the words her heart had ached for years were out in the open. Everything she tried to hide beneath layers of falseness was laid out in front of her. “Who ever this man was, “Atrina thought, “He knows me better than I know myself.” Turning her head down and away from Magnerous, she squeezed her eyes closed, and replied, “Before I became a Sith, I was a young Padawan learning under Master Zhar. Up until this moment, no one has presented me with his same sincerity.” While her eyes started to tear from the pain she caused, she returned her gaze to Magnerous, and she allowed the words to slip through her lips, “I wish to continue my training, so I can become a Jedi like the masters before me. I wish to learn the lighter ways of the Force, so I can heal the pain I brought upon others.”

Nodding his head in acknowledgement, Magnerous replied, “Together we will learn from our mistakes, and try to heal the destruction we left in our wake.” Summoning the Force, Magnerous pulled Atrina’s lightsaber off the floor, and guided it to her hands. “Our journey will not be easy,” he continued, “We will be tested by others, but we must stand resolved in our beliefs.”

After attaching the hilt to her belt, she replied, “I understand Master Magnerous.”

“Don’t call me master,” he replied, “As we take our first steps together, we will both be students on this journey.” Turning his attention to the statues, he spoke, “It is time for us to begin our travels together.” Stretching out to the Force, Magnerous activated the sixth hieroglyphic on the floor, and then activated both of the statues’ sabers.

“Where are we going,” Atrina asked.

Glancing back at her, Magnerous replied, “When you were healing, I used the gateways to see the future. I observed something very disturbing.”

“What was it,” Atrina questioned. “I can sense your frustration.” For the first time in many years, Atrina could actually sense another’s emotions. Being filled with anger and rage had closed her off from others, and it has prevented her from sensing another’s pain. Upon the surface of her right cheek, Atrina can feel several exposed veins starting to recede. Some of her vision became clear, and finer details had slowly become noticeable. “What is going on,” she thought, “What is happening?”

Magnerous caught her anxiety, noticed what was bothering her, and replied, “It would appear that your lightside-will is strong. Over the next few weeks, the darkside will loose its hold over you. You will eventually feel like yourself again.” After hitting the third wall hieroglyphic, next to the western gateway, the sound of a humming noise echoed from above the temple. “Come,” Magnerous spoke, “I have setup a remote control on the Horizon. I can access the temple’s mainframe from there, and we can move freely between the futures. We will no longer need to enter the temple again.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Aboard the Horizon…

After they were seated aboard the Dark Horizon, Magnerous hit a key on his computer console. At the front of the temple, the door was electronically sealed. Above the tip of the temple, the gateway opening was massive. Magnerous closely examined the entryway, and saw the reflection of Vryss on the other side. Instead of a deserted environment, Vryss was covered in torrential downpours. Upon pressing a few keys on his console, the Dark Horizon rose from the planet’s surface, and hovered at the access point.

Before he could hit the next key, the Force sent a vibration through his spine. “Something is not right,” Magnerous thought, “I have a bad feeling about this.”

Atrina sensed his apprehension, and stated, “I thought I was the only one who felt that.”

“I think we should-“, Magnerous’s reply was cutoff from a static discharge, which resonated from the gateway. Within a brief few seconds, the Dark Horizon was launched into backwards spin. After regaining control over the Horizon, Magnerous gaze locked onto the gateway, and he ordered, “What do the scanners say?”

Moving her fingers swiftly across her console, she replied, “You’re not going to believe this, but the gateway is seven times its normal size.”

“I chose a bad day to stop smoking,” Megnerous replied. As more sensor feedback arrived, his jaw dropped open, and Megnerous spoke, “Not only is this gateway accessible from both sides, but the temple is acting like a wage.”

“Do you mean this thing is open indefinably,” she replied with a hint of anxiety, “How the on Korriban do we close this thing?”

Quickly, the Dark Horizon entered into orbit, so it was at a safe distance. Magnerous tapped wildly at his console, and…

(To be continued)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

What everyone else sees:

Upon the surface of Vryss, the anomaly could be seen on scanners from lightyears away. It has an extraordinary size, and it reads on all scanners as a temporal rift.
 CSI
10-13-2006, 6:48 PM
Nice Chapter McLeo. Keep up.
 The Source
10-14-2006, 9:26 AM
Hey Devon:

I hope you understand what I have done to this game. If you make a character that is untouchable by the other players, the game ends in a stealmate. There has to be a way for you and Jae to collide in combat. Sith are not telepathic in a manner that they can alter another's perception on a large scale. Second, no one should control another person's character. That is not how RPGs are played. You control your own environment, and your characters interact independantly.

Now, you are touchable.
 Emperor Devon
10-14-2006, 2:11 PM
Oh, he never was untoachable. No matter what Devon pits against her, Jae and company will fight him in the end. :)
 The Source
10-14-2006, 2:19 PM
It would be cool to see a massive all out war. Here is hoping. :)
 CSI
10-15-2006, 12:14 PM
ED and Jae didn't post new chapters...Did the "Second Battle of Geonosis" begin?
 Jae Onasi
10-15-2006, 2:19 PM
“I chose a bad day to stop smoking,” Megnerous replied.
:lol: Reminds me of the one guy in the movie Airplane who declared that he picked a bad day to quit smoking, then drinking, then sniffing glue....

And back to the story....

----------------------

"Master Kavar, I have more news on the Vryss anomaly," A'riia said.

Kavar walked over to the gold Twi'lek scientist and looked over the data on her instruments.

"A temporal rift?" he asked.

"Yes, sir. It's huge. I don't believe I've ever seen anything this big before. I'm not sure what it means."

"It means someone is trying to alter time. And with Emperor Devon trying to attack us from 6000 years in the future, I can't imagine this is going to be any good." Kavar stretched out with the Force, trying to sense the intent of this new threat.

----------------------

"What's the word, Supat?" Jolee asked the master healer, who was on the holovid link.

"The word is that the contaminant that is on the chimerae's halberds is a rather nasty little bacterium from an obscure and uninhabited world. Some of the monsters died simply because they bumped the halberds of one of the others while in transit. Force Heal works, but requires more power than usual and only pure light side energy seems to be effective. I'm working on the specifications for an innoculant."

"You don't have one yet? Your age is getting to you, Supat," Jolee grinned.

"Yes, well, we did want to get the temporal shield up over the Jedi Temple so we don't suffer any more attacks through time from Devon."

"I guess you get a pass, then."

"My pleasure at your approval has reached new depths." Supat's voice dripped in irony. "There is a curious aspect to this bacterium. It actually feeds on dark side energy, making it multiply faster. I sensed from Devon's condition that his case is very advanced, likely terminal, and it is accelerating in severity due to his use of dark energy to break through time with his attacks."

"If Tysyacha hadn't been kidnapped by him, we could continue to draw him out until the germ just killed him," Jolee mused.

"Tysyacha's in danger as long as he's alive," Jae said.

"And if she turns, he has a new person to aid in his conquests," Talin added.

Supat nodded agreement. "We'll keep working on innoculants and cures here. You concentrate on getting to Li'adin. Supat out."

His image disappeared from the holovid.

-------------------------

The ship came out of hyperspace.
"Oh, Force...." Jae said, eyes widening in horror at the group of starships surrounding the planet, pummeling the surface.

"Damn Sith! They'll destroy the planet!" Jolee growled.

"We've got to get to the surface and help save them," Talin said as he raised the shields.

"They see us and we're spacedust," Jolee said.

"Link up with me, Talin. I'll camouflage the ship," Jae decided.

"You can do that?" Jolee asked.

"I don't know, but if we don't try, we won't survive long enough to care."

Jae closed her eyes in meditation and joined hands and minds with Talin. Jolee noticed a faint Force signature trace its way around the ship. They slipped through the atmosphere of the planet, unseen by the Sith battleships.

"We're down," Jolee called out as he landed the ship in a secured landing pad.

Jae opened her eyes and wiped the sweat from her face. "We have to find any Li'adans and get them off planet with a timestreamer."

Kiol'ad sent Tarm'ad and Elin'ad with Jolee, along with a number of other Duos and Singles, and they packed the ship. Elin'ad set up the timestreamer as Jolee took off and Jae and Talin cloaked the ship in the Force again and took them to a safe place out of reach of the Sith.

"We're set," Elin'ad said.

"Take us back, then," Jolee replied.

The timestreamer activated, and a shimmering rainbow of lights surrounded the ship, obscuring the space and stars around it. They all felt the tingling of time change, and then they were in normal space again.

"We've arrived several days earlier. We're sending the warning for Li'adans to take cover now, and for Kiol'ad to be prepared for your arrival," Elin'ad announced.

"Let me send a message before we go back," Jae said.

"You're going to warn the Temple? They're too far away to send help in time," Talin said.

Jae grinned. "Someone much closer." She activated a holovid link. "This is Jedi Jae Onasi. I need Admiral Onasi, please, and it's an emergency...."

-------------------------------

They returned to normal time. An entire task force of Republic ships dropped into normal space as they arrived, ready to engage the Sith warships and protect the planet for further assault. The Li'adans cheered and the Jedi smiled.
 The Source
10-15-2006, 3:00 PM
For some strange reason, the Dark Horizon traveled out of the system, and left the rift to fend for itself.
 Jae Onasi
10-15-2006, 3:08 PM
For some strange reason, the Dark Horizon traveled out of the system, and left the rift to fend for itself.

Just a quick question on clarification because my brain is a bit fried today--do you mean the Dark Horizon is fending for itself, or the rift? I are confused. :)
 The Source
10-15-2006, 3:23 PM
Just a quick question on clarification because my brain is a bit fried today--do you mean the Dark Horizon is fending for itself, or the rift? I are confused. :)
The Dark Horizon is taking off, and leaving the temporal rift behind. I am writting myself out of the story, so I can get out of the way. This story is between you and Devon. I need to chillout for a while.
 Emperor Devon
10-15-2006, 4:51 PM
"They can't be serious!"

The speaker was a literally nameless Dark Jedi sitting upon a small throne. Handpicked by Devon to command the fleet destroying this planet, he was dumbfounded by the resistance he was facing.

"They expecct to win a battle with that?"

The fleet's Admiral nodded. "Apparently so, sir. The ship's sensors have been triple-checked; the Republic has sent a mere task force against an entire fleet."

The Dark Jedi shook his head. "You'd think they didn't even know the difference."

"Of course, sir. May I suggest coordinating the ships?"

The darksider shrugged. "Does it matter? We outnumber them. Those vessels are antiques compared to ours, so we outgun them too."

"And more importantly, our fleet has something the Republic lacks - the dark side of the Force! Continue the bomardment!"
 Tysyacha
10-15-2006, 8:11 PM
Tysy, meanwhile, dreamed in bed without a moment's peace. A warning:

Tysyacha, please, be very careful. Watch everything. You have to trust
your judgment and your heart. He is wooing you. He'll twist what he says
to make it sound entirely logical to do something just a tiny bit dark for
the good of someone else or for the galaxy. And if that tiny darkness is
all right, then maybe just a tiny bit more, because he'll know that you have
the strength to handle it and not fall to the darkside if you don't want to.
But all the time, he'll lead you down the garden path, subtly darker, until
he has you clamped so tightly in his grasp you'll hardly be able to breathe.
And throughout all that, he'll be telling you that he's not so very bad a
person. I can't make your choices for you, but please be careful to look
at all the options before you do.

The Padawan thrashed underneath her silken covers, black as the cloth
on the Sith Lord's dining-room table. Despite all the luxury of the chamber
surrounding her, despite its soundproof walls and crystalsteel chandelier,
she could not find rest. Comfort eluded her in this room created for it.

In her mind's eye, she saw, or rather didn't see, a cold black void. Nothing.
It was like the darkness of sleep, but in this vision there was no hope of
ever awakening. There were no stars, no planets, no asteroids, no life
at all. All trace of life or existence had been wiped out. It was as
if Darth Nihilus had accomplished his goal and then consumed himself.

Yet this was worse. Much worse. In this void, the goals of Nihilus and
Darth Traya had been simultaneously achieved. Not only was there no
life and no physical being, but there was also no Force. It was all the
fault of the Presence, for this was his final objective. Tysy was sure of it.

Wait, my Apprentice. Do not blame me, said his voice. This,
this absence of light and of life, is the fault of the Jedi. The Force has
allowed me to live this long so that I may punish them for their cold
complacency and their arrogance. As Darth Traya revealed to the
Exile, it is their Code that kills life. If the Jedi Order is allowed to
exist and have its way, the New Order of even Grand Master Luke
will perish under a Master more like Atris or Vrook than like Kavar.

They, in the name of Light, will condemn the mortals that live in it.
Thus, these mortals will either turn to their shade of darkness or
die by their own hand. Do you wish this to happen? If not, then
prepare yourself for my final test. It shall be tomorrow, and there
you shall make your final choice between true Light and true Dark.

Are you ready? If not, I shall help prepare you.

At that moment, the Force gave Tysy peace, allowing her to sleep at last.
Page: 3 of 5