Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars: Shadow Wars

Page: 1 of 5
 ForceFightWMe12
09-11-2006, 7:20 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/BastilaRevanforever/Siggys/Untitled-1copy-1.png)

“Please identify yourself.”

“Sara Klint, pilot of the Northstream. Requesting an approach vector for the Jedi Temple.”

“Ah, welcome back, Ms. Klint. The temple dish up another group for you?”

“You’ve got it.”

“Very well. Everything checks out – we’re sending you the approach vector now. Have a pleasant visit.”

“Don’t I always?”

Captain Sara Klint sat in the pilot’s chair of her vessel, closing the comm. channel as the coordinates were scanned and placed into the ship’s guidance system. The console hummed and beeped a few moments, and the transfer was completed. Sitting back, Sara allowed the auto-pilot to take care of the rest.

Just another boring, cross-galaxy flight with a bunch of Jedi blowing up my cargo hold with their light-wand things… she thought with a sigh.

Little did she know that a transmission was being relayed at that exact moment to Master Luke Skywalker that would mark the beginning of a long, hard journey…

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“There’s no thermal readings at all. Carbon readings are off the chart; radiation too. There’s nothing out there, sir.”

“You’re sure of that, Corporal?”

“Positive. According to these readings, no known life-form could possibly survive these surroundings.”

“Understood. Pull the Saranac out and regroup with the Python.”

“Ye--…wai--...r--…--top…o--…”

“Dana? What’s happening?”

“I’m not sure, Lieutenant. The feed’s being interrupted – transmitions are jamming up.”

“Can it be fixed?”

“Probably…only…”

“What? Dana?”

“I’ve never seen encoding like this…it looks faintly like – ****, it’s spreading!”

“It’s what?”

“Lock up in motors, sir – I can’t move!”

“There’s been a rupture in the engine room. Engine four’s core’s gone nova!”

“Lieutenant! Look!”

“By the Force…is that a ship???”

“I want all pod bays armed – wait a second…what the…HIT THE DEC---!”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“The transmition cuts out there.”

“And neither the Saranac nor Python have been found?”

“None, Master. It’s as if they’ve disappeared from known space…not even wreckage.”

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker sat with chin in hand as he surveyed the Knight before him. This news was troubling…what was this mysterious ship that seemingly vaporized the two Republic cruisers into spacedust? And to have done it so quickly, appearing out of no where…

“Master Skywalker?”

The blonde-haired, blue-eyed Master snapped again to the present.

“What should we do, sir?”

Thinking for a moment, Luke sighed, and stood. “Nothing, for now. The Republic is continuing its search, I trust?”

“Yes.”

“Then I see no reason to fret, as of yet. Do not inform anyone else of what you have told me. We all need a rest after this past week, the students don’t need to be burdened with these worries.”

“Of course, sir. Oh, and Miss Klint has arrived.”

“Very good. Give her the instructions.”

“Yes sir.”

Skywalker sat down again once his companion had left. Hunching over, he rested his elbows on his knees and rubbed his hands together.

To appear and disappear like shadows…
 Jason Skywalker
09-11-2006, 7:26 PM
Green and Blue sparks and flashes flew all over the place in the Training Area of Master Luke Skywalker's Jedi Praxeum on the moon of the Gas Giant Yavin, Yavin IV. It was the cause of Zhane Kenobi, a descendant to the great Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi, sparring with his Master, the Battlemaster of the Order, Kyle Katarn.

"You're getting better Zhane. Just don't let it grow over you," Kyle told his teen apprentice, swinging from upwards.

"Well, you are so very strict, no wonder i would not fall to the Dark Side," Zhane joked, parrying the swing and pushing Kyle back with his Green Lightsaber.
 Writer
09-11-2006, 8:18 PM
"You want to give me what?" Kathryn Bryant demanded incredulously. She stood, hands on hips, scowling at a rather small locked panel inside the Eagle's Wing.

"Crystal Gray's lightsaber," Eagle repeated. "Now I know you're not much for using Jedi weapons. After all, you've got that fun little sword of yours to use. But a lightsaber on your belt gives you an element of credibility the sword would not."

"I'm a mercenary that sometimes takes assassination jobs," Kat objected. "How in all elements known to intelligence am I going to need credibility? 'Hi! My name is Kat Bryant. I'm here to kill you and steal your top secret cloaking device that ain't so secret after all! G'night!'"

"You're so sarcastic," Eagle complained. The little panel unlocked and opened, revealing Crystal's lightsaber. "Just put it on your belt. You don't have to use it."

Kat stubbornly crossed her arms over her chest. "No!" Reaching over, she attempted to close the panel, but it remained open. Kicking the wall, Kat grumbled, "All the ships in the galaxy and Crystal chose to repair you..."

"Hey!" Eagle snapped indignantly. "Crys and I really had a connection! I asked her to marry me, you know. But she was so sensitive... she knew I'd live so much longer and couldn't bear the thought of making me sad when she died..."

"And yet, you were," Kat sighed. "Fine. I'll take the saber..."

The panel slid shut and Eagle gave something of a laugh. "No, you won't. You mock Crys, so you don't deserve it."

"Fine!" Kat retorted. "I won't take it."

The panel slid open. "Take it!"

Kat reached in, but the panel closed on her hand. "Oww!"

"Oops!" Eagle said innocently. "Have I hurt you, dear Kat?"

"You might start by opening this panel," Kat hissed. The panel slid open and Kat took the saber out. "Thanks. Now can I go do this job and get out of here?"

"Oh, sure!" Eagle answered cheerfully. The boarding ramp slid down right in front of Kat. "Be careful!"

"As always," Kat promised. She clipped the lightsaber to her belt and checked to be sure her sword was securely fastened to her belt. Then, she set off at an even run through the streets of Coruscant.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Ten minutes later, Kat stood just outside a tall apartment building. As she looked up at it, she pulled out a comlink. "Eagle, I'm here. You have the layout and guard positions and whatnot?"

"Can I fly?" Eagle retorted.

"That's debatable," Kat quipped. "Send the info."

She took out a datapad and switched it on. Seconds later, the screen filled with information from Eagle. "Thanks. I'm going up!"

With a quick glance to her left and right, Kat jumped. Stabilizing and propelling herself by telekinesis, she continued to rise. Finally, she reached the top, a balcony just outside a luxury apartment. After taking a deep breath and letting it out, she threw herself against the glass and fell to the balcony with a dull thump. Startled, the apartment's owner rushed over to find what appeared to be an unconscious young woman on his balcony. Suspicious, but concerned, he tapped on the glass. When she didn't rise, he opened the door slowly and reached out with a foot to touch her. At that, she sat up, gasping and holding her head.

"Oh, that hurts..." she moaned.

"You, uh..." the man stammered. "You can't be on my balcony."

"Tell that to the jerks that tossed me out of a speeding air taxi," Kat hissed. "At least let me through so I can get off your balcony without taking a flight that will certainly end in death."

Cautiously, the rich young man let her in and followed her to the door. Just as she stepped past him, an unseen force slammed him into the glass, shattering it and forcing him into unconsciousness. Hurriedly, Kat raced into the apartment, gathered three datapads off the man's desk and rushed back to the balcony. Just as the man recovered his senses, he saw the girl leap off the balcony and continue to rise. He squinted at her in confusion and immediately called the police.

"She just kinda... flew out of here," he explained.

"With what, some kind of glider?" the policeman asked. The man shook his head.

"No, no," he answered. "No wings, no jet pack... nothin'. Just sorta floated away... pretty fast too."

The police wrote it off as a paranoid, drunk, rich man who'd stumbled through his own balcony doors and then started seeing things.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The police chief knew better.

"There's the info you asked for," Kat told him, placing the datapads on his desk. "All written by his own hand, recorded in his own voice, seen by his own eyes."

"Much like a flying girl he reported earlier this morning?" the chief asked. Kat laughed.

"Who got to tell him it was his imagination?" she wondered.

"Oh, make no mistake," the chief chuckled. "We tell him we'll look for the flying girl with no jet pack just to satisfy him, to keep him off our back until we bring him down with the info you swiped." He paused. "Just how does the 'no jet pack' thing work?"

"All women are a mystery," she told him, smiling. "I'm just more of one than any of the others. Good day, chief."

"New Republic thanks you for your services," the chief told her. She nodded and left the station.

"Where to next, Eagle?" she asked once she was safely aboard her ship again.

"Got a call from Skywalker on Yavin IV," Eagle answered. "I don't know about you, but it seems to me sometimes Jedi work can be fun."

"Get us moving," Kat answered. Eagle rose from the landing pad and entered an outbound traffic lane.

"Yavin IV, here we come!" he said cheerfully.
 TheExile_Hunter
09-11-2006, 9:22 PM
“That’s enough for today.” Jethro stated after Kyla destroyed the last remote for the training session. They had been practising in the training rooms for 8 hours straight now and it was time to get some food and rest.

“You’ve pretty much wrecked all of our remotes sis. The next shipment won’t arrive before next week, so I guess we’ll have to continue practising duelling tomorrow.” Jethro said. “and I bet she made sure of that herself.”

“Finally, I was getting tired of blowing up remotes.“ Kyla responded, breathing a bit heavily. They both started walking towards the training room’s exit.

“Well you’ll get the chance to fight me again sis and there is no need to try and act as if you didn’t know about the delayed shipment.“ He answered, aware of her little scheme.

“Can’t hide anything from you now can I? “ she said laughing while entering the hallway together with Jethro.

“Not a chance sis…Anyway, I’ll be outside if you need me“ They both went their separate ways, and went out of sight.

Jethro left the Jedi academy and went into the forest. There was this one particular spot Jethro always liked going to. About 2 miles away from the academy’s side entrance, there was a small lake with a waterfall at it’s side. He always used to lie down right next to the stream of water and watch the lower parts of the forest at broad daylight. There was a magnificent view on the rainbow storms from there as well. It was nearly nightfall, but the rainbows were still clearly visible in the sky. Jethro decided to lie down and rest there for a while, since there wasn’t anything urgent to be done anyway.
 JasraLantill
09-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Va’ala kept her blaster pointed at the captain of the heavy freighter Farcry with one hand as she tapped keys on the control panel with the other.

“You’ll pay for this, you know,” said the captain, a heavy set Nabooan human with greying hair and a large beard, and a belt that barely kept his portly midriff from sagging to his knees.

“Yeah, yeah,” said Va’ala, rolling her eyes. “Like I haven’t heard that line before.”

“You can’t just leave us here without hyperdrive!” the captain protested. “We’re in the middle of nowhere!”

“You’re in the middle of the Kessel Run,” Va’ala said. “Someone will find you.”

“If they don’t crash into us first,” the captain said, flatly irritated.

She finished punching in the keys. “Look, I’m sorry about your engines, but if you had just done what any ‘normal’ law abiding captain would have done, and just answered our fake distress call like everyone else has before, then none of this would have happened.”

“So, you’re saying that this is all my fault?”

Va’ala paused to consider. “Well…yeah.”

“I don’t believe this….” The captain made to move towards her, but she held him at bay with the blaster.

“Hey, Hutt boy, back off! I have no qualms about shooting you in the leg. ‘Painful, but not fatal.’ That’s my motto.” She hit the com button. “You nerfherders finished loading those lugjack machines yet?”

”Erm…sort of, boss,” came a slow, static filled reply.

Va’ala’s eyes narrowed. “What do you mean ‘sort of’? It’s a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ question, Bob.” She sighed with annoyance and looked at the captain. “You’ve been a captain a long time. Tell me. Do you ever get the feeling that you’re surrounded by idiots?”

“All the time.”

She hit the com button again. “What’s the problem, Bob?”

"Bob is the problem," came a new voice over the line, "That nerf brain managed to get a Lugjack machine stuck in the cargo door, I'm down there now fixing it up."

Va’ala sighed. “Oh, good grief,” she muttered. She hit the com again. "Well hurry it up, Krell. You know this run is busy we might get company any time."

"Thanks for the info, Cap'n." His voice changed to a twang. "'Cuz you know I ain't never run a job on the Kessel run, being some green-backed sithspawn of a moron from way out yonder."

"You can keep your sarcasm to yourself, laserbrain," she grumbled, without pressing the send button.

On the cargo deck of the Farcry, Krell shook his head, and pulled out his blaster. "Bob get away from that damned machine!" and without giving the man more than a second or two, he lifted both blasters and turned the machine into a lump of melted metal and plastic. He turned around.

"Get the damned Wookie up here to move this hunk of metal!" Krell called through the airlock into the Reiver’s cargo bay.

Krell reached up and tapped his com. "Alright, Cap'n, I got the problem taken care of. Just two more machines to move over and we'll be done.” He paused. “Can I space Bob now?"

Va'ala sighed. "For the last kriffin’ time, no."

She turned to the captain. “Well, it’s been a pleasure doing business with you,” she said to him. “But, gotta fly.” She began to back out of the control bridge. “Don't worry. I set up a distress beacon to go off after we leave and hopefully someone unlike you will answer it and find you.”

“Oh, isn’t that nice,” the captain said sarcastically. “And here I thought you were evil and cruel.”

Standing at the threshold, Va’ala gave him a look. “If I was evil and cruel, I’d leave you with Bob.” She saluted him with her blaster, and then closed the door behind her, making sure to blast the control panel so there would be no acts of heroics from the pudgy captain or his small control crew.

“Krell,” she said into her personal com link. “Get those engines fired up and let’s get out of here.”
 3yks
09-11-2006, 10:57 PM
“Already on it cap'n,” came Krell's voice through the comm, he had moved through their ship rapdly and was on the bridge, sitting in the pilots seat he threw switches and got the ship ready to go as soon as they were undocked. Their wookie pilot came in a few moments later having taken care of the lump of metal and Krell shifted over into the co-pilot's seat. Krell knew how to fly a ship, and was pretty good at it. But Wabacca was born in a pilot seat as far as the Corellian could tell.

Krell was a tall man, of medium build, muscled but could use to lose a few pounds probably. He was fast with his guns and his mouth, he'd been the pilot before they had found Wabacca, and had been gunner for awhile after that. Till Va'ala had taken over, then Krell's seniority had put him into second in command. And he was happy there. Captains were targets, and Krell preferred not being a target, so he had made a situation that gave him power, but no big concentric red circles on his forehead. It worked out well, he took good care of the ship, kept her in power, and she put up with his ****.

“I'm on, get us out of here,” came Va'ala's voice on the comm.

“You heard the cap'n get this hunk of junk movin' furball!”

“Rrreooagrahh Ooooraghah!”

“You just get us movin' or I'm gonna skin ya.”

The wookie grumbled a bit more, but the ship was already under acceleration, and after a few moments they were in hyperspace.

Krell glanced up as Va'ala came onto the bridge, a little smirk on her lips. “That went fairly well, other than the Bob incident. And, before you ask, no you still cannot space him. He may have a thick skull, but he's been around a long time, and he means well.”

“Means well, like that makes up for wedging a damned Luckjack machine in the airlock? That thing was worth more than his share of this damned trip.”

“Which is why he won't be getting paid for this trip,” Va'ala rolled her eyes, “Use that rock you keep between your ears Krell, I'm going to my quarters for a relaxer.”

“This wookie bastard has everything under control, mind if I tag along? I happen to have gotten a hold of some Crash n' Burn, just what is needed to get the edge off.” That variant of spice had only shown up a year or two back, it had gotten popular fast though. It had a lesser addiction rate, a longer high, and a less harsh downer after the high. Which was strange considering it's name.

“Alright fine, c'mon,” Va'ala ducked through a second door in the bridge off to the side that let into a small ante chamber, with a desk and such in it. Her 'office' it looked unused for the most part, the desk had some datapads strewn ontop of it, and the chair was knocked over. They both ignored the room as they passed through another door into the captain's quarters. Bigger than any of the other quarters it had a single bed against one wall, with a desk next to it. The other wall had a holo screen, with a table under it and three chairs around the table, there was a couch on the third wall. And of course the door on the fourth.

Krell dropped onto the couch as Va'ala pulled off her jacket and tossed it onto the table, the room wasn't very clean, with clothes piled haphazardly about, empty spice canisters littered the table, and a trashbin had more in it. There was a half drank bottle of something unlabeled on the table, and Va'ala popped the cork in it and took a long drink.

“Well what are you waiting for?” She asked ash Krell watched her drink, he blinked then dug into a pocket pulling out some small metal canisters, he tossed her one, stuck the second to his wrist and activated it.

“Ahhhh,” he sighed and slumped a bit more into the couch, she watched him a moment,then laid out on her bed, took another swig from the bottle, recorked it and did as he had, drifting off into the world of never never land.
 Diego Varen
09-12-2006, 1:53 AM
The Republic Admiral, Vok Onasi stood in Mon Mothma's office on the Planet, Coruscant, the heart of the Republic. Vok had wondered why Mon Mothma had called him. She must know that he had a Republic to run.

"What is it?" Vok asked as he entered the office.

"I'm glad you're here," Mon Mothma told him, "I have a request for you. I need you to go the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV."

"The Jedi Academy?" Vok asked, "I'm no fan of the Force, but go on."

"Master Luke Skywalker has requested your prescence." Mon Mothma continued.

Vok wondered why, but he always took his orders, no matter what they were. He walked towards the hangar and left for Yavin IV.
 Ryan Sл'vla
09-12-2006, 5:32 AM
At the academy on Yavin IV, master Corran Horn is training his padawan Ryan. Ryan finishes reading the datapad that his master gave to him.

"Have you finished reading young padawan?" His master asked.

"Yes master." Said Ryan giving the datapad to his master.

"Since it isn't the first time that you read that datapad, I will not ask you questions. Let's go to the training area shall we?"

"Alright, master."
 igyman
09-12-2006, 6:14 AM
Admiral Thrawn Nuruodo II was sitting in his command chair aboard his Star Cruiser Origin. In order to preserve the secrecy of his identity, only the highest ranking officers aboard the Origin knew about him. He spent most of his time in a large command room, very similar to the one the original Thrawn had on his Star Destryoer Chimarea He was listening to the last message of the Sarnac, his eyes closed, deep in thought.

“I want all pod bays armed – wait a second…what the…HIT THE DEC---!”

The message ended. Thrawn II opened his red glowing eyes and stood up from the command chair. His com device beeped.

''Yes?'' He said with the same cold and calm voice of the original Grand Admiral Thrawn.

''Sir, this is Captain Hall, we've received an urgent message from Coruscant.'' The officer said.

''What do they say?'' Thrawn Nuruodo II asked calmly.

''They are ordering us to return to the Capital. We are to pick up Admiral Vok Onasi and transport him to the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV.''

''I see. And did they happen to mention why us?'' Thrawn II asked.

''They didn't give any details, sir, they said we'll be told everything once we reach the Capital.''

''Very well, Captain. Set course for Coruscant and engage the hyperspace drive.''

''Yes, sir, Hall out.''
 Jason Skywalker
09-12-2006, 7:01 AM
OOC: OMG. A guy goes to sleep and rest posts 2 meters posts.

IC:
Kyle and Zhane kept swinging and parrying, a duel that was already getting prolonged. Zhane then parried another hard strike from Kyle, but was knocked to the floor. He followed by a nip-up with a double-feet kick to Kyle's chest knocking him to the ground. He then put the tip of his blade nearby Kyle's neck.

"Why do i feel your going to be the death of me?" He asked Zhane, laughing and getting up.

"Well, maybe you need some more Dark Jedi to beat," Zhane told him, "Or you're just half-senil." He laughed.

"Oh, it seems we are not alone," Kyle told Zhane, noticing Corran Horn and his apprentice, Ryan Lightbringer.
 Ryan Sл'vla
09-12-2006, 7:08 AM
"Greetings." Said Master Corran "Sparring with your padawan, hum Kyle. Zhane, if you wish to continue sparring, what about my padawan? What do you say Ryan?"

"It would be my pleasure, and fun." Said Ryan smiling.

"Will you accept?"
 Jason Skywalker
09-12-2006, 7:14 AM
"Sure, anything to hone my skills." Zayne told Master Horn.

"Well, i'm going to see Luke if he has anything in store," Kyle said, noticing a ship docked to the side of the Raven's Claw.

"Oh, it appears Ms. Klint has arrived," Kyle told himself, walking to the elevator and to Luke's chambers.
 Master_Archon
09-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Ex-Zar and his small fleet had been patroling the Kessel run system. This was due to the increased amount of pirate activity, which was keeping much needed supplies from getting to his men, and their families.

"Sir, hyperspace signature detected, looks like an unclassified ship, I'd say it was a pirate, what do you say sir?" said the one of the deck officers to Ex-Zar.

"I'd say bring the fleet into formation, and predict its trajectory. Bring the ship infront of its trajectory, and activate the grav wells" said Ex-Zar in response. "Bring it out of hyperspace, once thats done, pull her in with the tractor beam" said Ex-Zar. The ships huddled up, and within moments a small ship came carreening out of hyperspace, caught in the grav well of the large ship. Not to long after that the ship was being pulled toward the massive Star Destroyer. Caught in its unbrakable tractor beam grasp. It looked to be a medium size freighter, a bit odd for a pirate ship, but subtlety is key, thought Ex-Zar. Ez-Zar headed down to the loading bay, where he would join in on the boarding of the ship.
 Diego Varen
09-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Vok's X-Wing was approaching Yavin IV. Vok had only been to Yavin IV once before and that was thirty years ago, when the Battle of Yavin begun. Of course then, he wasn't a General, but he was one of the greatest Soldiers in the Rebellion at the time.

The Jedi Academy was in sight and Vok landed inside the Jedi Academy hangar. Perhaps his old friend, Kyle Katarn would greet him. He had his doubts though. Jedi were always busy, either training a Padawan or on official business.
 igyman
09-12-2006, 12:21 PM
(Pottsie, man you must have missed my post, my char was ordered to pick you up and transport you to Yavin, but never mind, I'll fix it now)

The Mon Calamari Star Cruiser Origin orbited the fourth moon of the Red Giant. Vok just left the hangar bay in his X-Wing and went to the surface. Admiral Thrawn Nuruodo II sat in his command room and watched his fellow Admiral's descent to Yavin IV.
That message was still replaying in his head. The last message from the Sarnac. The screams of the crew echoed in the mind of Thrawn II. With all the tactical genius he inherited from his father he couldn't figure out the nature of this threat, or the Sarnac's fate. He would wait for Admiral Vok to finish his little chitt-chat with Skywalker and hopefully the two Admirals could together form some idea as to what was happening.
 Diego Varen
09-12-2006, 12:49 PM
(Okay sorry igyman. I was tired from coming home from School.)

"Are you here for something?" A Jedi Padawan asked.

"Yeah, I here to speak to Master Skywalker," Vok told the Padawan, "Could you take me to him?"

The Padawan nodded and led Vok to the elevator.

"This will take several minutes." The Padawan told Vok.
 igyman
09-12-2006, 12:56 PM
(I was tired from coming home from School.)
(Perfectly undersandable. I'm lucky, college starts in October:) )
 Diego Varen
09-12-2006, 1:02 PM
(I think we should keep Off-Topic now. Note I've left this Post on a cliff hangar. It's up to ForceFight what I should do.)

The elevator stopped and the Padawan led Vok to Master Skywalker's chambers. Vok could see the Jedi Master meditating on his platform.

"I'm sorry to disturb you Master Skywalker," The Padawan began, "But Admiral Onasi is here to speak with you on Mon Mothma's behalf."

Master Skywalker stood and smiled.

"Okay Padawan," Master Skywalker told him, "You may return to your training."

The Padawan bowed to Master Skywalker.

"Thank you Master." The Padawan told Master Skywalker, before leaving.

As soon as the Padawan left, Master Skywalker turned to Vok.

"Now what do you need?" He asked.
 steven
09-12-2006, 1:05 PM
John walked through the space station known as 'Station X1Z'. It was a small research station and a refuelling depot. The research part of the station is mainly focused on the gas giant Yavin, it conducted several scans of the planet sometimes sent probes. However they have recently been searching for a certain rare gas called Protonian which when combined with several other gases, it will turn into a few fuel called Brotonan which is vatal for the prototype of a new hyperdrive engine which is estimated to provide the republic which more money, power and influence. The refuelling depot part was just a small business that they ran on the side to help get more money.

John had been here for a day he was friends with the Stations commander so he was aloud to move around as he pleased. He mainly stayed in the command centre, where most scans and probe reports were shown. John had no idea way Isis was so interested in this place, he figured that she was looking for however John had no idea what.
 Jason Skywalker
09-12-2006, 1:05 PM
Kyle, who was now on the elevator, got onto Luke's Chambers and saw him speaking with a very familiar man.

"Vok? Vok Onasi, is that you? You son of a gon, Admiral? Now that's unexpected," Kyle told him, shaking his hands.

"Oh, i see you are talking with Luke. You go first."
 Diego Varen
09-12-2006, 1:34 PM
"It's a pleasure to see you once again, Master Katarn," Vok told Kyle, "Now I don't mean to be rude, but I must speak to Master Skywalker with Mon Mothma's request."

"Oh don't worry Admiral," Master Skywalker told Vok, "I'm sure Mon Mothma won't mind you catching up with Kyle."

Vok thought for a moment. Perhaps this could be a chance to spend time with his old friend. But would Mon Mothma fire him and replace him? He liked taking risks and decided the first option.

"Thank you Master Skywalker," Vok told Master Skywalker, "I'll return shortly."

And with that, Kyle led Vok to the training area. Vok last heard that Kyle was training a certain Zhane Kenobi? Was he part of the same Kenobi family, who in the days of the Old Republic, the Jedi Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi helped in the Clone Wars as the Negotiator? Either way, Vok didn't bother asking questions.
 Jason Skywalker
09-12-2006, 1:39 PM
"Here he is, my Padawan. Zhane!" Kyle yelled as the sparring duel had ended, for none had won.

"Yes Kyle?" He asked him.

"This is a great friend of mine, not counting Jan of course," He said, laughing, "Anyway, he is the Republic Fleet Admiral, Vok Onasi."

"Pleased to meet you," Zhane told him, shaking his hand.
 Diego Varen
09-12-2006, 2:29 PM
"Same here," Vok told Zhane, "You are well skilled in your training."

Kyle had reminded him of Jan Ors and he wondered where she would be now. He hadn't seen her working for Mon Mothma.
 The Doctor
09-12-2006, 3:45 PM
((I'm being even more subtle, Kira - I've changed the name of Amol's ship so it's more... let's just say fitting.))

A sleek shuttle-craft dropped out of hyperspace as it entered the gravity well of Yavin, its hull gleaming in the deep red light from the gas giant, Stephanas scrawled across the starboard hull in ornate red lettering. It shot towards the planet, falling into as low an orbit as possible.

Inside the craft, Amol Kotay sat in the pilot's seat, his jacket drapped across his chair, his lightsaber sitting on the console beside him.

"Computer, what's the status of the hull plating?"

A pleasent female voice responded immidiately. "Hull plating is holding at 28 point 2 percent," it said.

"Is there any sign of pursuit?"

"Negative. The Republic patrol ship has been disabled."

"Casualties?"

The computer was silent for a moment. "Sensors indicate that bio-sign readings aboard the Republic ship remained unaltered throughout the course of the battle."

Amol nodded. Good. He hadn't hurt anyone. "We need to set down to make repairs. Is there anywhere nearby where we could-"

A sharp beeping errupted from the console in front of him, and the computer spoke again. "Proximity alert. Vessel detected, approximately 200,000 kilometres off the port bow, in orbit around the fourth moon of the system."

Amol checked the sensors, then brought the ship lower into Yavin's atmosphere.

"Hull temperature reaching critical levels. Recommend immidiate ascent."

"Not until I know more about that ship, and who it works for."

"Calculations indicate a ninety nine point six four percent chance that the unidentified vessel will be landing at the Jedi Praxeum located on the surface of the moon."

Amol nodded slowly. "Judging by these readings, I'd say it's a merchant class vessel. I'm reading basic armaments, standard issue hull plating..."

The computer chimed an affirmative. "The ship does not appear to be directly affiliated with the Republic. Identification broadcast indicates a privately owned vessel."

"Looks like you're going to need to talk to the ship..." said Amol slowly. "Can we intercept them without being detected so you can interface with their computer banks?"

"There is a blind spot in the ship's sensors. Calculations indicate a ninety eight point two percent probability that an attempt to approach undetected would be successful."

"I like those odds. Plot a course, and prepare to interface with their main database. Let's see who we're dealing with..."
 igyman
09-12-2006, 4:23 PM
''Sir long range sensors detect an unidentified vessel approaching Yavin.'' the voice of Captain Hall echoed over the comm.

''What do the scans say?'' Thrawn II asked calmly.

''It's a... Theta-class T-2c shuttlecraft, I thought those were all destroyed.'' Hall said with astonishment.

''It appears this one wasn't.'' Thrawn II answered calmly.

''Admiral, the ship appears to be descending on Yavin's surface.'' Hall reported.

Thrawn II put on a mild smile: ''Activate shields, prepare the tractor beams and enter an intercept vector. I want to know who's flying that ship and what he is doing here.''

''Yes, sir.'' Hall acknowledged.

''And alert the Jedi Academy, in case we don't get to that ship in time.''
 JasraLantill
09-12-2006, 4:27 PM
Va’ala felt something blunt poke her in the shoulder. “Erm… Boss?” said a voice that was trying hard to whisper, but just never got the hang of it in practice.

“Go away, Bob,” Va’ala said, without even opening her eyes. “Can’t you see I’m busy?”

Even with her eyes closed and in her fading spice-induced haze, Va’ala could tell that Bob hadn’t gone away. And after waiting another moment, he still hadn’t gone away. Oh, well. Bob’s a bit on the slow side, she thought. He’ll go. Eventually. But after another moment, she heard him clear his throat. Damn.

“Erm… Boss?” Bob said, followed by another single-fingered poke.

“What?!” she hissed, eyes still closed.

“Wabacca said I was to come and tell you that he needs you in the cockpit.”

“Great. So you’ve told me. Now go away.”

There was a moment of quiet.

“Bob?”

“Yes, Boss.”

“You’re still here.”

“Yes, Boss.” He paused. “Wabacca said that I couldn’t come back until you came to the cockpit, and if’n I did, he’d make me clean the ‘fresher with my toothbrush. And, well, he said it’s kinda important that you come to the cockpit.”

“He told you all that, did he?” she said flatly, eyes still closed.

There was silence.

“Bob? I can’t hear you if you’re nodding.”

“Oh. Sorry, Boss.” Again, there was a pause. “So, Boss, are you coming?”

Va’ala let out a sigh and finally cracked an eye open. “Is the ship on fire?”

“Erm….” Va’ala could almost hear the gears turning in Bob’s head. After a moment of due consideration, he said, “No.”

“Are we approaching a black hole?”

“Erm…. No.”

“Is there a huge fleet of ships out there ready to attack us for stealing those lugjack machines?”

Bob frowned worriedly. “Do you think that’s why they’re out there? Wabacca said they looked like Imperial Remnant ships.”

Va’ala’s eyes popped wide open. “What?!” She practically fell out of her bed. “Crap!”

She kicked the couch where Krell was lying. “Wake up!” she told him, as she struggled with putting her arm in the sleeve of her jacket. “We’ve got company!”

She dove past Bob and out the door, and a moment later plopped down onto the co-pilot’s seat near Wabacca.

“Aw, Sith’s Blood!” she whined, as she saw the mass of ten Imperial ships. “Where did they come from?"

“Wrrgraagh Arrghrra….” Wabacca started to say.

“Nevermind,” Va’ala said, just as Krell staggered into the cockpit with Bob trailing behind him. “Spare me the details.”

“Oh, look, Cap’n,” said Krell. “They’re trying to drag us in with one of their so-called unbreakable tractor beams. How….” He yawned. “…predictable.”

Va’ala’s eyes narrowed. “I hate tractor beams. They’re just…” she took a moment to search her mind for the word, “rude. You know?”

“Well, perhaps they need to learn some manners?” Krell said. Then he yawned and pointed to the co-pilot’s seat that Va’ala was sitting in. “May I, Cap’n?”

Va’ala snorted, then swung the chair around and got up. “Knock yourself out.”

Krell sat down in the co-pilot’s seat. Then he looked at Wabacca. “Ready?”

Wabacca growled.

The engines started to whine as the Reiver began to accelerate--straight for the Sovereign Class Star Destroyer.

“One….” said Krell.

The engine noise grew louder. Va’ala glanced over her shoulder to where Bob was standing behind her, looking quite concerned. “Worried, Bob?”

Bob nodded his head, while his eyes grew wide at the sight of the approaching Star Destroyer. One could almost see people looking out the window of the big ship’s bridge.

“Two…” said Krell.

The Reiver began to shake now, and the noise was loud enough that Va’ala had to shout. “Don’t be!” she called out to Bob.

“Three!”

To all outward appearances, the Reiver had simply vanished--out of visible sight and scanners.

“And now,” Va’ala said to Bob as the cockpit glowed inside with an eerie blue light. “We wait.”

“Wait for what?”

She rolled her eyes at Bob. “For them to contact us. Even though we’re not on the end of their tractor beam anymore, they still know we’re out here someplace.”

She looked at Krell, and grinned. “Gotta love those alien devices.” Then she frowned at him. “Hey, you did remember to do that loopy bit at the end, right?”

“Yeah,” said Krell, spinning around in his seat to glare at her. “Twice.”

“Just checking.”
 3yks
09-12-2006, 4:43 PM
”Just Checking,” Krell responded somewhat mockingly, “You nag me worse than my mother used to sometimes.”

“Grrraaghaaa Urrrrgggrraaah,” growled the wookie, and pointed out at the view screen.

Krell and Va'ala both looked up, Krell having to turn around to do so, and looked at the screen.

“Scrambling fighters, won't help them none. Their fighters can't detect us either, them Omweeti or whatever that we stole this cloacking device from where smart, they ain't gonna get past the device,” Krell leaned back in the co-pilot's seat, throwing his feat up on the dash and pulling a hat from his pocket, he set it over his face. “I'm takin' a nap, wake me if anything interstin' happens.”

Va'ala rolled her eyes, and settled in, Bob stood a bit off to the left behind her, watching the screen as fighters did sweeps for them. “Bob, go get the two knuckle dragger's that ought to be at their gunnery stations and get them in their gunner stations.” Bob nodded and turned heading off the bridge.

And now it was a waiting game, wait until they were hailed. They were being interdicted, so they couldn't get into hyperspace, and they were snuggled up close under a ship, navigating away and far enough away to get out of the interdiction fields would take forever. Best to get them to give up, would take less time in the long run.
 ExtreamJedi12
09-12-2006, 5:03 PM
Arthas drove the Frozen Fury, his ship, through the cosmos over Yavin IV. He was going to turn in a job he had gotten from the Jedi as a favor. The job: get a shipment of food from Naboo and deliver it to the Jedi Academy. He soon flew past the Republic Space Station and gotten clearance. When he landed, he met up with an old friend. Brianna Runemoore. She was an old friend of Arthas from the Jedi Academy. "Thanks Arthas." she said when he landed and unloaded the stuff from his ship. "You know," she started. "The Jedi could really use you. You should come back to the Academy." "No thanks." said Arthas. I still need to complete a mission I have. Besides, you have all the Knights you need here."
 ForceFightWMe12
09-12-2006, 5:16 PM
Bwerp.

The low, short beep eminated from the console in front of her. Sara popped an eye open, glancing at it. Codes were flashing by so fast...

She sat up fast, staring at it wide eyed. "****..." she muttered. Hitting the inter-hold comm., she yelled into it. "Deib!!" she shouted, "We're being hacked!"

A grabbled alien language came back to her, but she cut him off. "Get up here now!!"

In seconds, the Sullustan was sitting in the co-pilot's chair, trying to fend off whatever ship it was that was breaking into their system. Deib was the resident repair man and computers-whiz on the Northstream, and he was the best she knew. If he couldn't defend the ship's mainframe, she didn't know who could...
 Master_Archon
09-12-2006, 5:17 PM
Ex-Zar turned around as he heard qualing of his command crew. Looking at a video feed of what happened he said in a calm voice, "stealth, how petty."

"Sir, I've sent out all fighters from the 'Malsavore', but what should we do?" said a comm officer not knowing what else to do.

"Simple, set up a shere perimeter with the ships, send out the fire extinguisher Interceptor squads, tell them to sweep the area with that special mist" said Ex-Zar noncialontly. Moments later the ships had set up a sphere formation, then squads of Tie Interceptor, fire extinguisher models, went screaming out of the hangars. After awhile they started spraying the area with a strange mist. Then after awhile, they saw it, the freighter, it was starting to spark, and was colored a dull blue from the mist. "Nothing like ionicly-pulse-charged carbon spray" said Ex-Zar with a smile of approval. After the ship was seen, the fighters pulled out of their firing range, and every ship in the fleet turned towards them and activated their tractor beams. This way they couldn't move in any direction, and if they tryed to, their engines would blow from the strain. Slowly but surely the ship was pulled into the Sovereign Class Star Destroyer's loading bay, and the doors closed behind them, ensuring they wouldn't try any stunts inside the hangar. Ex-Zar walked down to the bay, saying to his boarding Captain, Sarfas, "I want to see this captain personaly, so let me go in first!"
 The Doctor
09-12-2006, 5:22 PM
The Stephanas shot toward the Merchant vessel, hiding in the small blind spot in its sensors.

"Sensors are detecting almost a dozen other ships in this sector," reported the computer.

"Why didn't you detect them before?" snapped Amol, activating the stealth shielding.

"Sensor resolution was inadequate. Sensors were unable to detect vessels on the far side of the moon."

Amol sighed. "Well, we'll just have to hope that none of them could detect us, either," he said. "How are you coming with the computer interface?" he asked.

"I have interfaced with their computer, and am attempting to establish a dialogue now. Unfortunately, the computer uses a rather... crude... dialect. It is difficult for me to understand."

"Give me a rough translation, then. Who are they?"

"The ship is known as the Northstream," said the computer. "It claims to be the property of one Sara Klint, a merchant, moonlighting as a petty mercenary."

Amol smiled somewhat. "Typical criminal-scum-gone-soft, huh? What about their mission? Why are they here?"

"Ms. Klint is here to speak with the Jedi of the Praxeum. I am unable to locate any sort of mission files, and I'm unable to access-" The computer fell silent for a moment. "Our intrusion has been detected."

Amol sighed. "Break the link," he ordered. "Hail them."

The computer beeped an acknowledgment, then notified him of the active comm channel.

"This is Amol Kotay, of the Stephanas," he said. "Sorry about the intrusion; I just like to know who I'm dealing with. Am I speaking with Ms. Klint?"
 ForceFightWMe12
09-12-2006, 5:30 PM
"They left." Deib said.

"They what??"

"Left. Just...gone. I didn't force them out or anything..."

The reason appeared a moment later. The console beeped yet again, this time announcing that they were being hailed by another ship.

"If this is them, I swear, I'll..."

"This is Amol Kotay, of the Stephanas," the voice said. "Sorry about the intrusion; I just like to know who I'm dealing with. Am I speaking with Ms. Klint?"

"You are," Sara spat back into the comm., "And where exactly do you get off hacking into my ship like that? If you want to know whom you're dealing with, then you obviously have a functioning transmission system!"

Releasing the button, she turned to Deib. "Check the scanners." she said, "I want to know who, where, and what this guy looks like."
 The Doctor
09-12-2006, 5:36 PM
Amol smiled. So she had an attitude. Good.

"I'm not in the habit of hailing ships affiliated with the Republic, Ms. Klint," he said. "I've had... difficuties... with the Republic recently. I hacked your ship because..." He was silent for a moment. "Well, because I can," he finished.
 Jason Skywalker
09-12-2006, 5:42 PM
"Same here," Vok told Zhane, "You are well skilled in your training."

Kyle had reminded him of Jan Ors and he wondered where she would be now. He hadn't seen her working for Mon Mothma.

"Thanks. But if it wasn't for Kyle, i wasn't as good as him," Zhane joked.

"Oh, come on kid, you are a great apprentice, and the Force is strong with you. Oh Vok, did i already told you he is a descendant of Obi-Wan Kenobi?"
 ForceFightWMe12
09-12-2006, 5:44 PM
Sara frowned. Ego problem, much.

"Ah, so I'm dealing with a petty criminal, then." she said into the comm., "Then tell me, Mr. Kotay, if you don't interact with the Republic, then why so eager to hack my ship?"

"Sara..." Deib said, looking up worriedly, "I can't find him."
 The Doctor
09-12-2006, 5:48 PM
"Of course you can't," said Amol, as if it should be obvious. "You won't be able to detect my ship with the sensors you got on that bucket. And as I said, Ms. Klint: I like to know who I'm dealing with. Had you been directly affiliated with the Republic, I would have left the system without a peep. But since your ship is screaming neutrality, I figured I'd take a look. Nothing personal."
 ForceFightWMe12
09-12-2006, 5:54 PM
Sara gave Deib a strange look, mouthing the words "He heard that??"

Hitting the comm. button again, she rolled her eyes as she responded. "Look, I don't know who you are, or why you bothered hacking me, but I suggest that you try and control your...impulsive confusion. Now, unless you have any more buisness here, I also highly suggest that you be sure that you're not in the path of my engine emissions -- I'm late for a job."
 JasraLantill
09-12-2006, 6:13 PM
Slowly but surely the ship was pulled into the Sovereign Class Star Destroyer's loading bay, and the doors closed behind them, ensuring they wouldn't try any stunts inside the hangar. Ex-Zar walked down to the bay, saying to his boarding Captain, Sarfas, "I want to see this captain personaly, so let me go in first!"

The door of the Reiver opened and Va'ala stood on the ramp, her eyes blazing with fury.

"No one is boarding my kriffin' ship without my kriffin' permission!" she stated angrily to the tall blonde man standing at the end of the ramp. She placed her hands on her hips. "And just who the hell do you think you are dragging my ship in here?! This is free space, buddy! We have every right to be here! Didn't your mother ever tell you that's it's rude to intrude on other people's privacy without an invitation?!" She snorted with disdain. "Oh, wait. Lemme guess. You don't have a mother, do you. You're probably some kind of special biologically-engineered genetically-enhanced super-human Imperial clone with x-ray vision and an I.Q. of three-thousand eight-hundred sixty two that can leap tall buildings in a single bound and thinks he's better than everyone else because of it, right?" She paused for breath. "Or maybe you’re just a rotten son of a lumguzzling gravel maggot with delusions of grandeur. Either way, you’re not boarding my ship without my say so! Especially if you don’t apologise! And, if you’re thinking of trying it anyway, I’ll just blow it up and you with it. Put a nice, big, hole in your shiny ship.” She smiled then, but her smile was not a friendly one. “And don’t think I’m bluffing, Mr. I-can-do-anything-I-like-to- anyone-without-repercussions. Every one of my crew would die to keep their freedom, and I’d gladly help them. And plus, I know I’m a lot crazier than you are. And you know what they say about crazy people. Never mess with someone that is crazier than yourself.”

“Believe her!” came a muffled voice from inside the Reiver. “She’s about two sandwiches short of a picnic!”

“Shut up, Krell!” Va’ala shouted over her shoulder. “Prugnuficating mudcrutch,” she muttered.

She stared at Ex-Zar for a moment. “Well?”
 The Doctor
09-12-2006, 6:13 PM
"Look, I don't know who you are, or why you bothered hacking me, but I suggest that you try and control your...impulsive confusion. Now, unless you have any more buisness here, I also highly suggest that you-"

Amol cut the comm channel before she could finish her sentence. "Computer, what information do you have on this 'Sara Klint'?"

The computer worked for a moment. "She is the daughter of a fairly well-to-do merchant, who owned a profitable shipping company working for the Republic. He has since become deceased. The company is now in the possession of his wife."

Amol stared at the Northstream through the large window at the front of the ship. He still had a bad feeling about her...

"Take us down," he said finally. "Keep us as far away from the Jedi as possible."

"Amol, the stealth shielding must be deactivated for landing."

He sighed, and ran his hand through his hair impatiently. "Alright. Just try to keep the Jedi from detecting us. I don't want them dropping by."
 ForceFightWMe12
09-12-2006, 6:27 PM
"Dammit!" Sara said loudly, her open palms slamming against the dash as she stood up, "That...that...bastard cut me off!! You know what, that's it. He wants to be a fried gizka, that's not my problem. Deib, re-establish the trajectory. I don't want to be late again."

Doing as he was told, the Sullustan silently set up the course again, and then disappeared into the ship again. He got along better with machines than people, and he didn't want to find hiself at the buisness end of Sara's Vibroblade -- he'd been there several times after smart-mouthing her when she was in a mood like this...

Sara sighed and sagged back into her seat as the codes uploaded again, sitting up when they were done and taking hold of the controls. She didn't want to waste anymore time, and was going in manually. Within seconds, she had landed at the Jedi Temple.
 Master_Archon
09-12-2006, 6:35 PM
Ex-Zar just stood there, his black and gold Royal Guard helmet under his arm. He walked up the ramp and stood far enough down the ramp that he was eye level with her. Bowing low he grabbed her hand and kissed it in a gentlemans greeting, and said, "I'm sorry, I know this is free space, but I have to look after my men, and their families. There's been increased pirate activity in the region, and since we are the Imperial Remnant group known as the Disbanded, we have no restrictions on our actions from any governments. So to put it in simple terms, I did it assuming you were a pirate" he said casualy. "As for a mother, you're right, I never did have one, but was raised to be a gentleman, none-the-less. So, may I board your ship? With your permission of coarse. Hm, yes, and can I say, I like'um crazy!" He said this with a rye smile, and a light in his bright, beutiful eyes. At that point he had walked further up the ramp, and had been standing only half an arms length away from her while he said this. But he showed no intention of going further, only the intention of hearing a response.
 The Doctor
09-12-2006, 6:40 PM
Luke sat in his chamber, his legs folded in the standard meditation position. He allowed the Force to flow through him freely, immersing himself in it. As he bathed in the power of the mysterious energy field, he felt it ripple ever so slightly.

He opened his eyes, still immersed in the Force. He reached out towards the source of the disturbance...

His heart leapt into his throat. It couldn't be... after all these years.. after all that he had done... why would he return?

Rising from the meditative state faster than was wise, he stood, moving towards the comm panel.

"Yes, Master?"

"I'm going out for a bit," said Skywalker, throwing his cloak around his shoulders. "I have... personal matters to attend to."
 JasraLantill
09-12-2006, 7:23 PM
"I'm sorry, I know this is free space, but I have to look after my men, and their families. There's been increased pirate activity in the region, and since we are the Imperial Remnant group known as the Disbanded, we have no restrictions on our actions from any governments. So to put it in simple terms, I did it assuming you were a pirate" he said casualy. "As for a mother, you're right, I never did have one, but was raised to be a gentleman, none-the-less. So, may I board your ship? With your permission of coarse. Hm, yes, and can I say, I like'um crazy!" He said this with a rye smile, and a light in his bright, beutiful eyes. At that point he had walked further up the ramp, and had been standing only half an arms length away from her while he said this. But he showed no intention of going further, only the intention of hearing a response.

Va’ala stared at her hand, and then at Ex-Zar without expression. “Pirates. You don't say."

She carefully leaned back and looked over her shoulder though the open doorway of the Reiver, where from her position, she could just barely see Krell standing in the threshold between the cargo bay and the main hold, both of his pistols drawn and ready. She assumed that Wabacca and the rest of the crew were similarly armed. Except for Bob, of course. It was practically suicide giving him a weapon. Even safety knives were a dodgy deal in his hands. Probably not a good idea to have this stranger board her ship at the present moment. No matter how gentle he had kissed her hand.

“Can’t say that we’ve been bothered by any pirates,” she continued, turning back to face Ex-Zar. “Besides, they wouldn’t bother with such a small freighter like ours anyway. Isn’t that right, Krell?” she called over her shoulder.

“Right.”

She still hadn’t moved to let Ex-Zar pass. “See, we don’t have really anything that any pirate would want. No food. No water. No droid parts. Just salvage… really. Bits and… Bob’s. Not much interest to anyone. Especially pirates.” She gave him a quick grin. “So, you see, there’s no real reason to board us, is there?”

“Cap’n,” said the voice of Krell from inside the ship. “Isn’t interdicting a ship, and then pulling it into yer hold a bit like piracy? Well, I mean, when you ain't got the legal right from any government anyway."

Va'ala raised an agreeing brow. "Ye-ss," she replied to Krell slowly, although keeping her eyes on Ex-Zar. "That's pretty much the definition I’ve always heard." She looked at Ex-Zar. "So, Mr…whatever your name is… are you a pirate?"
 Master_Archon
09-12-2006, 7:51 PM
"Haha, well, that makes me laugh!" said Ex-Zar smiling at the quirky woman. "Ah, well, I'll be a pirate if you want me to be one. I'll pirate you away to, where ever you want. I'll accomodate for my rude behavior, how about staying on the ship, full suite, while we ferry you somewhere?" he asked her with a kind smile. "So, to answer your question, I'd say, yes, I am a pirate, one who looks out for the wellfare of his men, and their families" he said answering her question in a fuller spectrum. He then lightly put his hand on her shoulder, but didnt grab her shoulder, he turned a bit and extended his hand outward, and motioned across the shipbay, saying, "what do you say? Would you like to stay, it's cozy. And you'd be treated with the best guest rooms, along with food service and everything. But if you dont want to, well that's too bad, because, we still need to confirm your ships hold. If you stay, at least you'll get good room, good food, and you'll be transported to where ever you ask." He turned back waiting for a response, studying her eyes with a skilled measure.
 Dark_Lady
09-12-2006, 8:07 PM
Jakyl approached Yavin 4 with a feeling of vague apprehension.

Why am I so nervous? she thought. It's just a short trip to visit an old friend. She breathed deeply, trying to calm herself, but the feeling remained. I really need to relax.

"Yavin 4, this is Jakyl in the Solar Wind," she transmitted. "I'd really appreciate it if you'd let me land at the Jedi Temple. If you have any trouble remembering who I am, ask Master Skywalker."

"Master Skywalker is currently busy. However, I do remember you, especially your unique method of getting landing permission. You're supposed to request an approach vector."

"Whatever," muttered Jakyl.

"Transmitting the approach vector now."

Jakyl tried again to relax, again with unsuccessful results. Just like old times, she thought, as she set the ship down.
 JasraLantill
09-12-2006, 8:36 PM
What do you say? Would you like to stay, it's cozy. And you'd be treated with the best guest rooms, along with food service and everything. But if you dont want to, well that's too bad, because, we still need to confirm your ships hold. If you stay, at least you'll get good room, good food, and you'll be transported to where ever you ask." He turned back waiting for a response, studying her eyes with a skilled measure.
Va’ala hesitated. Obviously, this individual was going to be trouble for her. Invitation or not, luxurious or not, a cage was still a cage, even if it was gilded. And if anything, Va’ala was a free spirit.

“Confirm our hold? Like, what… inspect it?” she asked. She balked at the idea and her green eyes shifted from Ex-Zar to the ship and back. “It’s… erm, not very tidy at the moment. You see, I’ve got sort of an aversion for empty horizontal flat surfaces. And, we’ve got a Wookiee.”

Oh, good grief! That sounds like such like a lame excuse! she thought. And I hope to the Black Stars Wabacca didn’t hear that.

“And, besides, I’m not much for organisation or documentation,” she continued. “Not that you get any with salvage anyway….”

Especially when you salvage it from someone else’s ship…

“So, you see, there really wouldn’t be any way to confirm our cargo.” She grinned. “So there’s really no point for you to inspect it, right?”

She knew that her excuses weren’t going to fly with this guy. But, she’d been around the Galaxy enough to sense that he really didn’t mean them any harm. Well, not as much harm as the Imperial Remnant would have dished out. Besides, he had a big fleet. Maybe it might be advantageous to ally with this one. Perhaps the Disbanded group he ran was more like the Lok Revanants on Naboo. And she got along with them alright. Normally.

She just hoped that Krell was reading her delaying tactics for what they were, and was figuring out a way to explain away their cargo of Lugjack machines, destined for a Nar Shaddaa crime lord’s new cantina.
 Writer
09-12-2006, 8:48 PM
"Ooh!" Eagle exclaimed as they came out of hyperspace near Yavin IV. "I haven't seen so many ships in one place since... well, since before you were born, little Kat."

"Well don't start introducing yourself," Kat warned. "You know these newer ships aren't quite as friendly as you'd like them to be. They'll probably take your intro for an intrusion and set off warning sirens."

"Ships definitely have changed over the years," Eagle lamented. "Ah! We've been given permission to land... or I suppose you could stick me in orbit and take the shuttle, but..."

"I know, I know," Kat interrupted quickly. "You hate being left in space. Land as you were told to."

Eagle obediently dropped into Yavin IV's atmosphere and, a few moments later, he landed where the Jedi had told him to. As Kat prepared to leave Eagle, she had a thought and wondered what Eagle would think of it.

"Most Jedi know the stories of Crystal Gray's bloodline," she said thoughtfully. "I'm almost tempted to adopt her last name, just to confirm her bloodline continues through me."

"You wouldn't be the first to do so," Eagle answered. "Kathryn Gray... has kind of a ring to it, I must say. Well, give it a bit of thought before you have your name legally changed in the galactic records."

"I like it," Kat said thoughtfully. "But I'll think more about it... open up, I'm headed out."

Her sword and Crystal's lightsaber strapped to her belt, Kat moved down the boarding ramp. There, she was met by a young Jedi.

"Welcome, Miss Bryant," he said. Then, he noticed the lightsaber and frowned. "Where did you get that? You didn't have it on your last visit."

"My ship decided to be a nice little boy and give it to me," Kat answered. "It belonged to Crystal Gray, you know."

"It does sorta resemble the pictures," the Jedi observed, slightly awestruck. "But how did your ship come to... wait... the Eagle's Talon?"

"Not quite," Kat chuckled. "It is Crystal's ship, but it's not Talon. It's Wing." She shook her head. "But I'm not here to debate things I know. Is Skywalker available?"

"Not at the moment," the Jedi answered. "I'll have him call for you when he's ready."

"Tell him I'll be waiting aboard my ship," Kat informed him, returning to Eagle to wait.
 Master_Archon
09-12-2006, 8:56 PM
Ex-Zar smiled, he said, "you're evading me, I know what you're trying to do, and it's now abvious who you are" at saying this his tone changed and he got rather serious. "What you think I'm some nerf herding, dung hill rat from the lowest secretion in the galaxy? I know you're a pirate, and I know you've got something, now let me in!" said Ex-Zar with a stern tone, hoping to scare her a bit, "hahaha, I'm only messing with you. I'm not gonna stap from one mood to another, but what I said about you being a pirate, well, your evasions gave that away. Plus, something in your eyes gave it away, like a, like a rebellious look" Ex-Zar said this in his kind tone, showing his attitude was only just a joke. "I'm only going to check what you have in the hold. While my men do that, we'll take you to where ever you want, as I said earlier. You're free to roam the ship, tease the men, have target practice, or just sleep! But also as I said earlier, I'm not letting you go untill I see what's in there," Ex-Zar said this with the kindest smile his tired face could show. "And I'm Ex-Zar Yunn by the way, what's your name?" bowing to her when he introduced himself.
 Dark_Lady
09-12-2006, 8:57 PM
Jethro left the Jedi academy and went into the forest. There was this one particular spot Jethro always liked going to. About 2 miles away from the academy’s side entrance, there was a small lake with a waterfall at it’s side. He always used to lie down right next to the stream of water and watch the lower parts of the forest at broad daylight. There was a magnificent view on the rainbow storms from there as well. It was nearly nightfall, but the rainbows were still clearly visible in the sky. Jethro decided to lie down and rest there for a while, since there wasn’t anything urgent to be done anyway.

Jakyl stepped out of her ship and looked around.

Well, she thought, if Skywalker's busy, I might as well just walk around for a while.

She turned and walked away from the Jedi Academy towards her favorite spot on Yavin 4, a small waterfall. As she approached the small pool, she noticed a young blond-haired man sleeping near the edge. Jakyl stepped aside softly, not wanting to bother him. Sitting on the grass a few meters away, she watched the water tumble in upon itself.

It falls in an infinite number of patterns, she thought, yet somehow it's always the same. Just like the Force.
 JasraLantill
09-12-2006, 9:17 PM
"And I'm Ex-Zar Yunn by the way, what's your name?" bowing to her when he introduced himself.
"Va'ala Klint," said Va'ala. "Captain Va'ala Klint," she corrected herself. Her eyes narrowed with suspicion. "You heard of me?" She quickly held up her hand. "Sorry. Stupid question. Don't answer that."

She glanced behind her at the open door of the Reiver. "Well, Mr. Yunn, since my choices are blow her up or let you aboard...," she said in a loudish voice to prepare her crew inside for visitors. She beckoned with her hand for Ex-Zar to follow her. "Welcome aboard the...."

At that very moment, Bob shouted from within, "Jackpot!" followed by the tinkling sounds of metallic coins falling into a metal dish.

Va'ala grinned. Obviously, Krell had thought of something. "...the Reiver," Va'ala finished. "Oh," she paused, blocking Ex-Zar with a sudden outstretched arm before he could step aboard. "I wasn't kidding about the Wookiee. He's crew, but... well, he's a Wookiee. He can be a bit... grumpy sometimes."
Page: 1 of 5