Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Our Voluntary Mod

Page: 3 of 5
 St. Jimmy
03-25-2007, 8:56 PM
1. What qualifies you to be a mod?
My leadership positions IRL activities. I have rank in the AAC, a leadership position in the B.B, and various other trustworthy roles. I've been in this place for ages (Not as long as Ave, but long enough.) I've seen plenty of modding in action on the rest of Lucas Forums and on other boards outside of LF, therefore, I'm very familiar with how it's done. Plus, I'm an uncle, an older bother and soon acquiring my driver's liscence therefore, I know and show responsibility. Also, I'm packing..

2. What would you do if elected as a mod?

Now that I'm freed up of other things, I would be here constantly monitoring what needs to be monitored. I would close pointless spammy threads, but only when they're utter crap. This place would be run completely democratically, You guys want it and it's reasonable? Done. You got it. Maybe introduce competitions, to give us all something to do while keeping the rivalry friendly. Hear what you guys have to say, If you think I should hear something, fire away. And don't be afraid to use my inbox, feel free to PM me. Also, I may even run recruiting drives in other forums to boost our population if that's what you guys want.. This place shall PArt ay!

3.Will you try to keep sanity away from RD?

This place is great how it is, I'll do my best to maintain it's current sanity levels. You guys will have free run of this place. Untill you brake some rules or something. But this town will rock out all over the place.
 DarthAve
03-25-2007, 9:33 PM
I'll make a new mod test.
Yay, and let me be the first to congradulate you on almost hitting 2,000 post. YOU'RE ONLY 6 AWAY, YOU CAN DO IT HOMEDIZZLES.
 Poopdogjr
03-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Okay, here are my questions. PLease write your answers on a plain white lined peice of paper. After this please take this piece of paper and put it in an envelope. Lick the envelope. It doesn't matter where. The envelope just wants to be loved. You may also make love to the envelope. Its not necessary, but it will travel faster as a result.

Please try not to give the envelope crabs. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Then say the word envelope a couple of times. Sounds weird doesnt it? ENVELOPe. ENNNVEELOPPE> Serously say it out loud. We are watching you. And taped you making love to the envelope. But that will come up later. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOGUH. Take this envelope to your nearest Denny's Resturant. Locate the head cook. Kill him. Using the envelope as a weapon.

Be advised this is usually a tough one. Those suckers dont go down without a fight. But all of our mail must be first used to kill a head cook at a Denny's resturant. Regardless if it a memo, post it not, or regular mail. Lather yourself and the envelope in the cook's blood. Please remember to defecate upon his corpse before you flee. Take your bloody letter and body home. Wait exactly 14 minutes. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Then dance a little. Nothing too fancy. Just alittle something to get me going. Yea. Yea... Thats good. Yea...... Ok stop. Now I dunno. Open up your CD drive on your computer. Close it. Now run outside naked. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Did you remember your envelope? Good. Take this envelope to outer space. I'm not sure about how your going to do that last part. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Then throw it into the sun. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. We'll get back to you within 3-8 weeks. KTHNXBUY.

You may have seen this elsewhere. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. But we all care for one another in here. We accept you. And we welcome you. If you steal our chips. We WILL come for you. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Good Luck!

Question 1. Shut up.
 Hallucination
03-25-2007, 11:32 PM
I believe that my avatar officially makes me King of RD, I'm expecting the PM shortly.
 Miss_Mayhem
03-26-2007, 12:27 AM
1: I am a neutral party, am learned in RD lore as much as any other candidate, introduced new members here, am good in English, spell good, am generally polite but unafraid to stand my ground, started this thread in the first place, I started the comunity RPs, mod my forum on FF, love pink kitties & blue puppies, am awesome, have good taste, am generous and still lovably quirky and random.

2. I would be a diligent fighter of page stretching by saving the oversized pictures and resizing them on Photoshop so I could put them back onto the page in smaller form, prevent truly retarded people who write in l33tspeak and IM sntax from posting their pathetic stupidity on our shores, will take suggestions from members and come to a reasonable means of fulfilling their request considering it is physically and modacally possible and is of benefit to the community and even to just that sole person, lock very very very few threads, only when absolutely needed, edit as few posts as I may need, have RD run by populare sovereinty, thus threads will be locked or stickied only if I am given permission, will throw a radical party if I win, post up pictures of penguins, pandas and kittens, I will be open to questions and comments, and give everyone a dancing cow.

3. I will keep sanity away from our beloved heathen island by mainting my sanity at a dangerous low and ingesting a cup of cofee every 2 hours, I will enforce as little rule as possible and allow the forumers to do with our technicolor wonderland as they wish. They can get as random as they want. I will only take action if overly graphic content such as CP or Yiff burns our retinas, tho the current level of raunchy behavior is perfectly acceptible. I will promote randomness with passion.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-26-2007, 1:43 AM
I vote there be a minimum age limit.
 St. Jimmy
03-26-2007, 2:24 AM
@ Poopdog: That's some funny **** right there, that is.
@ Mayhem: OOhh! Don't you sound professional! Though through all that jargon you really didn't say that much more than Ave and me. (Lolz but I luv ya)
@ Jmac: Of course.
 Halo_92
03-26-2007, 4:20 AM
You r all full of sh!t.
 Ray Jones
03-26-2007, 6:19 AM
make mister 7142 mod already hands down

He's the annoying, arrogant yet entertaining yet thoughtful anti-personality needed to represent the status moderator for this place properly. Democracy is not what this place needs, it needs a leader and respect to the rules enforced by our future leader jmac.

Yeah, congrats jmac, you will have been promoted to mod soon. I'd do the job myself, but I'm stuck at the defecating on that darn corpse of a cook level.
 martmeister
03-26-2007, 8:22 AM
But...but Jimmy's passing out weapons, er baseball bats! Poopdog must really hate Denny's.

Mayhem 2 -Page stretching is evil. I don't want to plug up an old monitor just to scroll over enough to post my disdain at page stretching!
 Grey Master
03-26-2007, 9:00 AM
Well, this is interesting indeed, any quez fromthe public?

@MODS: Is there an age limit? 'cause some of the mods here at LF are kinda old. (no offense) :D
 Ray Jones
03-26-2007, 10:11 AM
No, but there's a coolness limit, so like 90% of you all are out due to very un-coolness.

In are jmac, itchy, Ray and Parker Lewis. Given enough booze and/orand weed I might count also Sammyboy and Poopdork in.
 elTee
03-26-2007, 4:15 PM
Right basically, due to my other commitments there is room for another mod here - you guys deserve a more active presence for the community. There are more mature ways to choose one, but this is pretty much how it is going to happen:

1. A time period will be set. This means if you've only been a member for two months, sorry, you're just too new.

2. Applications can be made, probably over a short set period of time - just like a job interview ;)

3. From the list of applicants, a shortlist will be selected. This is because, even if you've been here since the start, that doesn't necessarily mean we're going to trust you with any power :p

4. The shortlisted people will be presented to you in the form of a poll, and then votes can be made.

5. Bribery is not accepted - unless you have real money. Ho ho! Just joking. But seriously, PM me.

That's how it will work. I'm busy until wednesday, so don't expect any more news about this until at least then.
 DarthAve
03-26-2007, 4:28 PM
DON'T LET THE PEOPLE VOTE! Than it'll just be a popularity contest. I suck at those!
 Halo_92
03-26-2007, 4:41 PM
How do u apply?
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-26-2007, 4:49 PM
 Halo_92
03-26-2007, 5:08 PM
f**k off jmac.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-26-2007, 5:10 PM
u just got ****ted on hxc son wut nao
 Samnmax221
03-26-2007, 5:18 PM
f**k off jmac.
It's awwwwwrighttt, he can borrow one of my forks. Stop stealing forks you goddamn gypsy!
 martmeister
03-26-2007, 5:43 PM
You could just say "frak." Everyone who watches Battlestar Galactica knows what it means. Then again, so does "f***," or "f*ck," or even "****" for that matter.
 Ray Jones
03-26-2007, 5:45 PM
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-26-2007, 5:52 PM
Yeahhhhhhhhh boiiiiiii.
 elTee
03-26-2007, 5:56 PM
How do u apply?
I'll sort that out on wednesday.

DON'T LET THE PEOPLE VOTE! Than it'll just be a popularity contest. I suck at those!
Well the vote won't have the final say anyway. I trust these guys even less than you do...
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-26-2007, 6:05 PM
lt make me mod i am trustworthy and whatever
 DarthAve
03-26-2007, 6:30 PM
Well the vote won't have the final say anyway. I trust these guys even less than you do...
OH great! I remember going to the honors choir thing. There were 4 soloist and the kids got to choose. And because of that, the worst kid got a solo only because the preppy derks thought he was cute (Even though he was nerdtastic. I mean, he was uglier than Davinq!)
 martmeister
03-26-2007, 6:39 PM
When a record company had pity on William Hung from American Idol and let him do an album, I thought that was BS. He sucked, that's why he didn't progress! I guess any idiot with no singing talent and a boo-hoo attitude can get 15mins.
 DarthAve
03-26-2007, 6:43 PM
..Yeah I have talent, I mean i've only been playing Ondine for about 3 days and I've already masteredmy first song. Maybe I'm just awesome.
 Davinq
03-26-2007, 6:45 PM
The time and effort my... competitors are putting into their campaigns is a bit ridiculous. They are putting so much effort into convincing you to vote for them, and what if that hard work carries through? What if they actually do their jobs as mods, and edit posts and close threads? Do you want such tyranny to occur here on the heathen island?

DO YOU!?

In a nutshell, vote for Davinq and someone else, so you can have a fun, honest mod, as well as another to satisfy the admins.
 DarthAve
03-26-2007, 6:52 PM
QUIT STEALING MY JACKSONIAN VIEWS DAVINQ.
 Samnmax221
03-26-2007, 7:21 PM
QUIT STEALING MY JACKSONIAN VIEWS DAVINQ.
Are we kicking out the Indians?
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-26-2007, 7:59 PM
Haha, when aren't we?
 Samnmax221
03-26-2007, 8:26 PM
Haha, when aren't we?
When we're harrassing the Gypsies, as we should.
 Miss_Mayhem
03-26-2007, 8:46 PM
You dont like Raz!? Gasp!

And why the hell would I do what is considered 'my job' by the standards set from modz uninitiated to our ways??? I'd be lax and carefree.
 Samnmax221
03-26-2007, 8:49 PM
As soon as they stop trying to steal my Silverware I'll not dislike them anymore, besides Halo is a filthy Gypsy.
 Davinq
03-26-2007, 8:50 PM
What I don't understand is why we are convincing our fellow forumites to support us being mods, when it should be our admins we should be discussing this with. [/cue Thrik]
 Samnmax221
03-26-2007, 8:51 PM
You're a filthy Gypsy too.
 Emperor Devon
03-26-2007, 8:55 PM
We all know racism goes against the most fundamental principles of Objectivism, Sam.
 St. Jimmy
03-26-2007, 8:57 PM
Aren't we all? The answer is no. But sometimes it's hard to tell..
 Samnmax221
We all know racism goes against the most fundamental principles of Objectivism, Sam.
Gypsy is an umbrella term, it doesn't just mean the Roma. Kind of like how unfunny doesn't just cover you, Davinq, and Halo.
 St. Jimmy
Dammit ED.
 Davinq
03-26-2007, 9:04 PM
Gypsy is an umbrella term, it doesn't just mean the Roma. Kind of like how unfunny doesn't just cover you, Davinq...
And it applies to you? I fail to see an occassion when any post of yours could have come close to being deemed humorous.
 Emperor Devon
03-26-2007, 9:13 PM
And it applies to you? I fail to see an occassion when any post of yours could have come close to being deemed humorous.

He says he supports Objectivism. If you've read any of Ayn Rand's books that statement alone can give you a good chuckle.
 Miss_Mayhem
03-26-2007, 9:14 PM
You just got owned, Sam ...

We'd need a neutral party to contact Thrik. Anyone running who tried would be deemed incredibly desperate.
 St. Jimmy
03-26-2007, 9:14 PM
Once or twice. Give or take...
 St. Jimmy
03-26-2007, 9:16 PM
Hmm,... It seems I'm slow at typing today.... Either that or having incredibly bad timing/luck
 Samnmax221
03-26-2007, 9:24 PM
He says he supports Objectivism. If you've read any of Ayn Rand's books that statement alone can give you a good chuckle.
Learn the difference between racism and taboo breaking. Shouldn't you be following Jae around?
You just got owned, Sam ...
He reversed an insult, I'm not seeing funny there?
 DarthAve
03-26-2007, 9:29 PM
Are we kicking out the Indians?
No, we're gonna leave that out. And the whole Depression of 1836 thing he caused for Van Buren.
 Hallucination
03-26-2007, 10:56 PM
We'd need a neutral party to contact Thrik. Anyone running who tried would be deemed incredibly desperate.
elTee said he will come up with a way to apply and share it with us on Wednesday, therefore I believe we should wait until then.

Also, I noticed in your list of traits you claim to possess, and you said you are 'good in English', a statement you contradicted in you next trait ('spell good'), because 'spell' is a verb, and should therefore be modified by an adverb and not an adjective. The correct thing would have been saying that you spell well.
 Smon
03-26-2007, 11:14 PM
elTee said he will come up with a way to apply and share it with us on Wednesday, therefore I believe we should wait until then.

Also, I noticed in your list of traits you claim to possess, and you said you are 'good in English', a statement you contradicted in you next trait ('spell good'), because 'spell' is a verb, and should therefore be modified by an adverb and not an adjective. The correct thing would have been saying that you spell well.
Check and mate. Lost my vote.
 Davinq
03-26-2007, 11:23 PM

Ouch. Tell me Mayhem, how do you believe this grammar scandal will effect your campaign?
Page: 3 of 5