Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Our Voluntary Mod

Page: 2 of 5
 Poopdogjr
08-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Yea, I sort of cut loose here. I even find myself reading what I wrote and thinking WTF? But hey we have fun. It be boring if we were all serious all the time.
 Miss_Mayhem
08-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Which is why I lurv this place!
 Halo_92
08-30-2006, 12:37 AM
yeah it would.
 Davinq
03-23-2007, 12:33 AM
Revived because it needs to be.
 Miss_Mayhem
03-23-2007, 12:48 AM
If we need a new moderator, I'll say that I'd make a pretty kickass mod.
 Samnmax221
03-23-2007, 12:56 AM
Mayhem called me Macaca!
 Jae Onasi
03-23-2007, 1:43 AM
Holy thread necrophilia!
 Ray Jones
03-23-2007, 4:16 AM
Hi. I'm selling these fine leather..uuuhh..socks?
 martmeister
03-23-2007, 8:13 AM
Have we ran out of ideas already, that we're reviving dead threads? Ooo K
 Ray Jones
03-23-2007, 8:28 AM
No, no, it's kind of a new..idea?
 JoeDoe 2.0
03-23-2007, 9:09 AM
I though mods elected mods, is this different for RD?
 Ray Jones
03-23-2007, 10:55 AM
What's with you guys an this mod-obsession?
 milo
03-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Holy thread necrophilia!
I place my spell card face-down on the field and end my turn.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i298/milojmiles/threadnecro.jpg)
 Davinq
03-23-2007, 2:22 PM
Just thought I'd revive this one instead of making my own. *shrugs*
 martmeister
03-23-2007, 2:34 PM
Sure. Vote Davinq for mod!
 Davinq
03-23-2007, 2:39 PM
marty, you'd make a decent mod yourself, with your polite and politically and grammatically correct posts. :)
 DarthAve
03-23-2007, 2:43 PM
marty, you'd make a decent mod yourself, with your polite and politically and grammatically correct posts. :)
I second this. LET'S GO TALK TO THRIK.
 Davinq
03-23-2007, 5:15 PM
Right behind you. We need him to make some more mods. ElTee doesn't show up enough, and Smon... yeah he shows up, doesn't post or socialize very much though.

New mods ftw!

Current candidates:

Mayhem
Davinq
martmeister
 Samnmax221
03-23-2007, 5:32 PM
Thanks Asshat.

I'm running as the "Troll Party" Candidate.
 DarthAve
03-23-2007, 5:43 PM
Can I run for the YPPP?

What is the YPPP? The YPPP stands for the youth Power Political Party. My friend and I invented it. Our animal is the sheep.
 Grey Master
03-23-2007, 6:08 PM
I vote for the winner.
 JoeDoe 2.0
03-23-2007, 6:29 PM
So anybody can be a mod????

..........Count me in then. :D
 Miss_Mayhem
03-24-2007, 12:23 AM
You are new to our history, arent you? Allow me to enlighten you: in days long past, RD had no modz. We could pretty much do whatever we wanted. Then came the Dark/Ave war. It was a flamefest of the ages, and after all was done and said, people began complaining. We needed a mod.

So a historical things happened. I started this thread semi-jokingly, never knowing Thrik would take notice. But a few RDers campaigned, and Thrik chose who he thought would make a more respectable mod. It was quite democratic. Since our modz dont really even do the little that is needed (since the poor souls cant even find the time to go on), and after the whole Drama, we've concluded we need a new mod.

I myself think I'd make a good mod. Had I never started this thread in the first place, we wouldn't even have our current AWOL modz at all. I know just as much about RD and it's history as it's oldest members, I am generally quite polite, spell as good as I possibly can, and adhere to the conventions of English. I do not stir up drama, nor do I take sides. I remain neutral for the most part and watch the action unfold with a bag of buttery popcorn. I introduced 2 new RDers whom we've already come to accept into our little heathen island, Turtlefreak and Tabby. I spread the Drama news over to those who'd taken a break from our happy little forums, egged Jimmy to return, started our oh-so-popular community RPs with 'The Anti-Tim RPG', have never eaten anything cute, called anyone a racial slur, lied under oath, caused a clusterf__k in the middleeast, started a war (even a flame-war) or anything.

So ...

Vote Mayhem for mod!
 Davinq
03-24-2007, 2:32 AM
You are new to our history, arent you? Allow me to enlighten you: in days long past, RD had no modz. We could pretty much do whatever we wanted. Then came the Dark/Ave war. It was a flamefest of the ages, and after all was done and said, people began complaining. We needed a mod.

So a historical things happened. I started this thread semi-jokingly, never knowing Thrik would take notice. But a few RDers campaigned, and Thrik chose who he thought would make a more respectable mod. It was quite democratic. Since our modz dont really even do the little that is needed (since the poor souls cant even find the time to go on), and after the whole Drama, we've concluded we need a new mod.

I myself think I'd make a good mod. Had I never started this thread in the first place, we wouldn't even have our current AWOL modz at all. I know just as much about RD and it's history as it's oldest members, I am generally quite polite, spell as good as I possibly can, and adhere to the conventions of English. I do not stir up drama, nor do I take sides. I remain neutral for the most part and watch the action unfold with a bag of buttery popcorn. I introduced 2 new RDers whom we've already come to accept into our little heathen island, Turtlefreak and Tabby. I spread the Drama news over to those who'd taken a break from our happy little forums, egged Jimmy to return, started our oh-so-popular community RPs with 'The Anti-Tim RPG', have never eaten anything cute, called anyone a racial slur, lied under oath, caused a clusterf__k in the middleeast, started a war (even a flame-war) or anything.

So ...

Vote Mayhem for mod!

Wow... I don't think I could quite possibly live up to that. Good thing it's all lies. :xp:

That, and you never mentioned what you would do once you were made a mod. If I were to be elected as RD's newest moderator, I would crack down on pointless spam that isn't even of RD quality, and whose only purpose is to boost post count. The supermod known as coupes has taught... er, lectured me well in the area.

I've taken sides a couple of times in RD's past (Pirates, Zelly then Ave), but usually in the end I sit on the middle bench.

My studies? I have studied a minimum of 5 threads with a minimun of two pages each per forum page. Therefore, even though I arrived to the heathen island later than some, like Mayhem, I am well-versed in this haven's history.

My frequent presence within the forums should be evidence enough to you all that I would not unknowingly and without warning go MIA. So...

Vote Davinq for mod!

::shakes hands with Mayhem::

Let the elections begin!
 St. Jimmy
03-24-2007, 3:55 AM
Wtf happened to me campaigning? Dav? Huh? I'm gone for a few weeks and this is how the forums are when I get back? WITHOUT a St. Jimmy Campaign? (Dav, you were sposed to set it up for me ready for me for when I got back) But I guess I'll have to do it now...

Vote me. I'll tell you why after dinner.
 Miss_Mayhem
03-24-2007, 2:08 PM
As mod I will throw a party complete with dancing cows, give everyone star stickers, crack down on page stretching, and attend to RD's random nature, making sure it stays so. I will edit as few posts as possible, lock only the threads I need to, making sure that our heathen island doesn't turn completely civilized.
 Grey Master
03-24-2007, 3:08 PM
I vote for Jimmy
 Davinq
03-24-2007, 3:10 PM
I think Thrik will create two mods, not just one. Our current AWOL ones don't show up nearly enough, so it would behoove him to elect more than one candidate.

MAYHEM AND ME. :D

~Davinq
 DarthAve
03-24-2007, 3:19 PM
I should be a mod because...

1. I've been at the LF for longer than most of the other Mod candidates
2. I have a fair sence of justice
3. I support dogs and turtles and penguins and all other little creatures to be free forever.
4. I own a red accordian.
5. I'm beloved by a lot of people.
6. You're all on MY friends list, so I want somthing in return.
7. Free truffles for everyone, if I win.
8. I promise I'm not a dictator.
9. No animal shall consume alcohol
10. I will listen to all you have to say.
11. I'm just so dang fly.

So, please pick me. Because if you don't, I won't bring truffles and ushanka's.
 Grey Master
03-24-2007, 3:34 PM
Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy!!
 Miss_Mayhem
03-24-2007, 4:07 PM
Vote for me, I'm awesome, and wont become corrupt. I dont get all snippy either either.

I'm thinking that Thrik will make more than one mod too, he said he needed to replace at least 2.
 DarthAve
03-24-2007, 4:20 PM
Well, I know the ropes of this place. I'm only mean to those who get on my nerves or do the wrong thing. And I will have meetings monthly on how we can improve the RD and make it the place to go in LF.
 DylanMay
03-25-2007, 3:08 AM
Oh, I want Mayhem to be a Mod! I vote for you, Mayhem. I'll wear a button with your face on it. [pins button to shirt and winces as it goes into chest] Ow... too deep.

But seriously, I vote for you.
 St. Jimmy
03-25-2007, 3:41 AM
You should all join my army because:

- I've been here for ages now and know this place as if it were a place on the internet I went and talked to friends on for ages now..
- I can type properly and use decent English (Lulz)
- This place would be like one big party with their resident Saint for a mod.
- Post editing would only happen when abb so lute lay necessary.
- Thread closage would damn near not happen at all (Unless it's complete and utter spam)
- I wear cam every Tuesday night. (And on weekends and through the holidays and stuff)
- Seriously, how cool would it be if I was a mod? I mean, think about it.
- It won't go to my head.
- Every Thursday is pizza night.
- I too have been involved in major RD events, Just ask the 'older' RD residents.
- Ninja Appreciation Thread. Nuff said.
- I'm active in other parts of LF, so I know what's going on elsewhere too.
- I LUVE YOU GUYZ!!!!!!!

Vote Me. We'll get baseball bats.
 DarthAve
03-25-2007, 1:18 PM
I love you all so much and nobody supports me. FINE! I'll go learn tocatta anf fugue and play it on Ondine. OVER AND OVER AND OVER. DDDDDD:
 Grey Master
03-25-2007, 2:57 PM
JIMMY, JIMMY , JIMMY!!!

(he promised me cookies)
 Poopdogjr
03-25-2007, 3:08 PM
Why would you want to be a mod? That makes you THE MAN. Last time I checked, THE MAN is keeping us down. I want to get up. Not down. I want freedom. This is cake-town.
 DarthAve
03-25-2007, 3:12 PM
I want to be a mod because I can offer more oppertunities for more freedom. I will listen to what members want me to do(AKA stop the stretching of a page) and not get in the way of somthing fun or shut down weirdly cool boards.
 Grey Master
03-25-2007, 3:54 PM
If you delay the Armaggedon that will destroy RD, then I'll vote for you.
 DarthAve
03-25-2007, 4:30 PM
I will delay it FOREVER.
 Grey Master
03-25-2007, 6:19 PM
Any other candidates, we have:

Ave
Mayhem
Dav
Jimmy
Joe
 DarthAve
03-25-2007, 6:33 PM
No, let's begin the debates.
 Grey Master
03-25-2007, 6:40 PM
Ok, I'll ask the questions then:

1. What qualifies you to be a mod?
2. What would you do if elected as a mod?
3.Will you try to keep sanity away from RD?

More questions soon.
 martmeister
03-25-2007, 7:02 PM
Okay, I'm throwing my support behind either Ave or Mahem. Yall are on here all the time, so why not?
 DarthAve
03-25-2007, 7:02 PM
1. What qualifies you to be a mod?

I have been a member of RD for 1 year & 6 months, longer than all the other candidates. Which means I probably know more about the RD politics than those who joined last summer. I also have been to other boards and have seen modding in action and know the ropes. I've been a mod on the Mashi Ankrekku forums for about a month, and have recieved serious praise for it. I feel that I know the RD well, and have gained a good reputation here.

2. What would you do if elected as a mod?

If elected mod, I would make sure to be here a lot to see how it's goin. If there were problems, I'd recieve the input of other members to figure how to fix the problem. I would be the people's mod, listening to what they say and taking their request into consideration. I would also hole monthly meetings on how to improve the RD and make it the come to place in Lucasforums.

3.Will you try to keep sanity away from RD?

Not at all, let the people do what they want, as long as it's not desturbing others. I will let people be themselves and only take action when action is needed.
 Emperor Devon
03-25-2007, 7:41 PM
I have been a member of RD for 1 year & 6 months, longer than all the other candidates. Which means I probably know more about the RD politics than those who joined last summer.

I would disagree. One can become quite knowledgeable about a subject regardless of the amount of time spent studying it. There is one person I know, for instance, who joined the forums in '05 and knows far more about them (and whom I respect far more) than someone who joined in '97. The time you spend at something guarantees nothing - but how well you make use of it does.
 Grey Master
03-25-2007, 7:42 PM
Good answers Ave! (This election is going to be tough) :D

Now its the turn of the other candidates to answer the questions, then the public (a.k.a. all the other forumites that are not running for mod) will ask questions to the candidates. :)

@Devon: I think I know who you refer to, but Ave shows will and devotion, but she should cut out the drama, HAHAHAHA
 turtlefreak
03-25-2007, 8:24 PM
I vote mayhem because she bought me lunch.
yeah
thats it
:D
 Hallucination
03-25-2007, 8:28 PM
I'm here to announce my candidacy for modship of the forum. If I win the election, I'll raise literacy in this forum by 100% by deleting all posts that are not grammatically flawless, unless the mistakes were intentional as a joke or for effect.

I'll also stay relatively far away (what's the distance between here and Ahto in kilometres?) so these forums won't change very much.

And... um... I'll give everyone who votes for me a free monocle... um... with a stained glass lens! Any colour you want!
 elTee
03-25-2007, 8:43 PM
I'll make a new mod test.
Page: 2 of 5