Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cheat Bot remade

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Dragoon
08-27-2006, 10:50 AM
well, its not exactly remade, i have just just changed it functions.
With the cheat bot you can use it to add party members, but what i have done is change it so you can remove party members as well! its abit like a recruitment mod which another part i have done, but at the moment i have done recuitment mods for the cheat bot with calo nord, a bantha, tusken raider male, sasha and a few others. i am having trouble doing the script because im using the recruitment mod script for removing party members and putting a new person in its place. I have to do 9 different scripts for each person of recruitment and its taking along time!
Can anyone do a script that works with everyone in your party? i will be uploading screenshots and what i have done so far.

thanks
-Darth Dragoon
 HouseOfAmon
08-27-2006, 6:22 PM
I was actually thinking about doing something like that, I hadnt decided on whether or not I will yet though...

But I do thinik its possible, I wanted to use a screen like Defender does with his wrist console, and make it easy to integrate recruitable characters into it, basically it would act as character select screen, for recruits, so you could have a full roster on the in-game menu, and still be able to use add in characters.. No more choosing one character over the other.. :)

I even thought of a way to have them on the Ebon Hawk.. Just edit the on enter script to check with the mod via globals, what all recruits you have, and spawn them.. simple..

It would be pretty easy to do I think, but I just havent found any recruitables I really liked enough, there are some good ones out there, but nothing tops an hk-47, etc..

But I agree this should be made, and can easily be done... In theory.. Sometimes its a little harder than planned.. ;)

Peace

edit..

Here is a few details of what I had planned, just an outline... In case you want to try to make it..

It would need two scripts I think, one for tracking information, and one for actually adding party members, you could use one, but it would be more efficient using 2 I think, and a few globals to track information across the scripts..

edit.. I ran across a function, its getpartymembercount, it would be even easier, than what I had suggested before..

so use that function to get the number of party members..

Then through the interface, you would have it access that number and return the value to it, and say something like 1 slot available, or 0 slots,...

Ok, and then you just number the interface, like so..

1. Chodo
2. Calo
3. ????

This is where in easy integration comes in, make it so any compatible mods, would add the character to a line, any blank lines show up as ????

So when you select a number based on how many slots you have you will get either No Available slots message, or it will add the npc via addpartymember, or addnpc whatever the function is.. I forget right off hand...

So that about sums up my idea.. I dont know how npc's will work in this situation, if they will level up properly, but I assume they would... I could be wrong.. Anyways, hope something here helps you make your mod possible..
 Darth Dragoon
08-28-2006, 12:01 PM
t for kotor 1 and i have done a recruitment mod for calo nord and the cheat bot, i thought it would be a good idea to recruit the cheat bot because if you need a perty memebr or someone really improtant it would be good to do that! its taking a long time because with mine im doing 6 new recruit, 6 new dialogs and 54 scripts because you can choose which character you want to replace in your party, so its going to take a while to do but i think i might have it so i make it so cheat bot oveerides t3-m4 and calo override canderous (i think that calos voice sounds lot like candrous)!
 goldberry
08-28-2006, 12:51 PM
HouseofAmon, you have given me an idea for something to do over the course of the next month.
 Darth Dragoon
08-28-2006, 1:43 PM
whats that goldberry?
 Fiestainabox
08-28-2006, 2:31 PM
I made something very simliar For kotor 1, I called it the kotor fixer because it was useful for removing recuit mods, it only worked one way though, it added stock party members.
its on PCgamemods.com, if your curious, but I had to use around nine scripts and a custom dialog to do it.
 HouseOfAmon
08-28-2006, 3:25 PM
Yeah, I knew someone would like that idea, I was gonna do it, but like I said, I dont really use any recruits, so I decided against it, and no use letting good ideas go to waste..

Yeah, so do it man, if you can pull it off it will be awesome, and really if you do it somewhat like I said, I bet it will be kinda easy really.. :)

Anyways, good luck, I hope it works out for you..

ps.. just remember me come credit time.. hehe.. ;)

btw..

I got another idea, that I dont plan on using, it would use an interface like defenders console, and what it would do is control scripts, allowing you customize mod features, so you wouldnt have to pack multiple versions, just make it all in one, and let them set it up via the interface..

For instance you can have two or more versions of a script, and they can select which one they want ingame, then when the mod activates the main module it just checks a global set in the interface.. This means no confusing installs.. Just install it, and set it up.. I hate making the end user muck about with multiple version,.. like say, if you want this version install these files, and that version install those.. thats just confusing..

Example..

void main()
{

//=== Mod Manager Script

int global=GetGlobalNumber("my_global");

if (global == 1)
{
executescript("version1", object_self)
}

f (global == 2)
{
executescript("version2", object_self)
}

}

Honestly, I though about integrating all of my mods into this, and having a menu that lets you select a mod, then customize it.. Then just add all your future mods into it, the HouseOfAmon Mod Interface it was called.. hehe..

BUt I scrapped it.. Mainly because none of mods as of yet have anything you can really change, or would need such a thing for..

So if some, or all of you want to start making integrated mod packs, like that the ideas up for grabs :)

Peace..
Page: 1 of 1