Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bastila and Fem Revan, the untold Love Story

Page: 1 of 2
 Master Kavar
08-24-2006, 3:39 PM
Bastila and Fem Revan, the untold Love Story

I've always enjoyed playing the game from the female Revan's point of view, but that meant always missing out on the classic story of love and redemption between Revan and Bastila. Then I began to think; if the female PC can choose between a romance with Carth or Juhani, why not Bastila too?

My mod will allow you to persue Bastila, with all new dialogue choices exclusive to the fem PC. In addition, I've thrown in a few extra files that lets you get just as flirty with some women as the male PC was able to.

This is my first mod made available to the public; I hope you enjoy it, and leave your comments.

Downloads:
Download from FileFront (http://files.filefront.com//;5454476;;/)
Download from PCGamemods (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18736.html) (currently down)
Download from LucasFiles (http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?action=file&id=1499)
Download from KotOR II Files (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Bastila_Female_Revan_Untold_Love_Story;73255) *Updated Version!*

Pictures:
Buy a Sith girl a drink (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Deus111/001.jpg)
Getting a massage (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Deus111/002.jpg)
Rahasia's reward (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Deus111/003.jpg)
Bonding with Bastila (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Deus111/004.jpg)
Yuthura's friend (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Deus111/005.jpg)
Unlikely partners (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Deus111/006.jpg)

Special thanks to:

Fred Tetra, for the KOTOR Tool. Without which I could never have started modding
TK102, for his dialogue editor, for making this mod possible
Holowan Laboratories, for providing a friendly and helpful community for newbs like me :P
KOTOR Fan Media, and the Bastila Lovers Club, for unleashing plot Gizkas in my brain. (www.kotorfanmedia.com)
 SithRevan
08-24-2006, 4:36 PM
Awesome mod, but just a little bit creepy! Hahaha:D
 Master Kavar
08-24-2006, 5:25 PM
Creepy eh? Good thing I didn't show you my gay Revan and Jolee romance mod then...
 Mav
08-24-2006, 5:54 PM
Creepy eh? Good thing I didn't show you my gay Revan and Jolee romance mod then...

:eyeraise:... yes it is a very good thing indeed... anywho, grats on your mod release
 SithRevan
08-25-2006, 12:09 AM

Please never do that...it will cause SERIOUS laughter on my part, and a Sith Lord can't be seen cracking up (Hehehe!). Still good job though, and I look forward to seeing really funny (and a little bit wierd) things come out of this!:D
 lord ignarn
08-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Good, no more KSE using!!... Err, I mean oh, great, and with some more content, horay, horay... Seriosly, great work, Master Kavar, I hope you make more little jewels like this. A new k1 gameplay awaits me now!!
 Shem
08-27-2006, 1:37 AM
Creepy eh? Good thing I didn't show you my gay Revan and Jolee romance mod then...So what does Revan see in Jolee in your romance mod. Couldn't be what Jolee talks about in this statement. :p

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1291/wrinkledbuttnn8.jpg)
 Hoplite28
08-27-2006, 2:30 AM
How do the NPCs react? Like did you reuse random dialog scripts for the NPCs so that their dialogues still have voices and lip movements after you use your new more flirtatous dialog options?
 Princess Artemis
08-27-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm nabbing this to see how it works...heh, maybe I won't have to play a male Revan to see the Bastila romance options now.
 Liit Orda
08-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Has everything that refers to Revan as male been deleted?

I distinctly recall Bastilla referring to Revan as a male in one of the conversations during the romance?
 Master Kavar
08-27-2006, 2:57 PM
How do the NPCs react? Like did you reuse random dialog scripts for the NPCs so that their dialogues still have voices and lip movements after you use your new more flirtatous dialog options?

There's only one case where the NPC's will react to your womanizing, and that's when you're getting a "massage" from Davik's Twi'lek slave girls. It was a little tricky, but I managed to get around Bastila chiding the supposed male PC by having Canderous say "Now this is my kinda place!", then it seems like Bastila is talking to him when she says "How typically male." The only person who doesn't have a voice over in that scene is Mission, so I pretended she was whispering a snarky remark. The rest are VO by using the lines they were supposed to say there, or in the case of Zaalbar and T3, I just added random noise.

I'm nabbing this to see how it works...heh, maybe I won't have to play a male Revan to see the Bastila romance options now.

That's the idea. :) The whole point was I prefer playing Revan as a woman myself, but I hate missing out on the Bastila romance. When I started though I thought the pick up lines Revan used were pretty juvenile, so I re-wrote them for her. Hopefully they'll come off less cheesy.

Has everything that refers to Revan as male been deleted?

I distinctly recall Bastilla referring to Revan as a male in one of the conversations during the romance?

It happens quite a few times actually, and it was quite a headache. I did the best I could, but I was committed to not making up new lines that wouldn't have VO's, because I wanted the whole thing to feel natural.

There are still a small amount of references to a male Revan, but I tried to get around that with some clever writing, for example:

Bastila: You're like no man I've ever known before.
Revan: No man you've known before cares for you as much as I do.

Whether or not it will be convincing or not, I guess I'll just have to wait and see. There was also a line on the Rakatan Temple that was a problem (about Bastila saying the only man she could love) but there was no way around it. The rest of the lines are surprisingly ambigious, considering it was supposed to be a male only romance.
 Kha
08-27-2006, 4:21 PM
I've never manage to finish Taris with a male pc, but I was curious about Bastila's romance... so downloading now!! :D
Thanks for sharing!
 mimartin
08-29-2006, 2:09 PM
Downloaded this last week and have since played through most of KOTOR with the mod installed. I have to say you did a very good job with this mod. I found it very well done and it gave me a few chuckles. Again great job and thanks for sharing with the rest of us.
 Master Kavar
08-29-2006, 4:40 PM
I'm glad to hear you liked it mimartin, yours is the first feedback I've recieved on actually using my mod so far (even with 245+ downloads thus far. @_@). If you liked the writing and got a laugh, then I know I did my job. XD
 Master Kavar
08-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Sorry for the double-post, but I just wanted to say that you can now get this mod on LucasFiles as well, it's linked on the first post. Have fun :)
 Alkonium
08-30-2006, 10:25 PM
I haven't actually taken a look at this, since as a male PC player, I'd have little use for it anyway, but I suggest you make a similar mod, except it gives the same homosexual options you gave to the female PCs to male PCs. Trust me, it will likely be just as popular, not that I'd use it myself.
 Master Kavar
08-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks for your suggestion Alkonium, but a MRevan/Carth mod just doesn't appeal to me. Besides if I made it my way, it would be nothing but Revan using his bad pick up lines on Carth, and getting brushed off comically. I'm not the best candidate to make that mod.
 Liit Orda
08-31-2006, 5:55 AM
...it would be nothing but Revan using his bad pick up lines on Carth, and getting brushed off comically.

I'm tempted to say that'd make an amusing 'piss off Carth' mod...
 sahickerson
09-11-2006, 8:58 PM
Great job Master Kavar. Just finished my first playthrough and you did a good job covering the male references made by Bastila. Was nice as I also play Revan as female as well and it bugged me that Juhani fell for me but not Bastila. Oh well, thanks for another reason to play Kotor again.
 OfficerDonNZ
09-12-2006, 9:58 PM
Saw this mod so had to down load it as I always play a female Revann even though I'm a guy :) I'm just doing a playthrough now with it and I have to say it's a real hoot :) can Carth handel the compertion from the Jedi Princess? ;) Very well done from what i've played so far.
 shamelessposer
09-15-2006, 6:23 AM
I haven't actually taken a look at this, since as a male PC player, I'd have little use for it anyway, but I suggest you make a similar mod, except it gives the same homosexual options you gave to the female PCs to male PCs. Trust me, it will likely be just as popular, not that I'd use it myself.

I've been tempted to make something like this myself, but it would be a royal pain in more ways than the Bastila and Female Revan mod. Look at the number of times Carth calls the female Revan "sister" or "woman," and it's about eleventy billion times more often than most of Bastila's dialog options.

But there might be a way to get around it with very, very creative dialog changes and maybe some sound editing.

Or you can go the super-offensive option of just assuming that Carth is constantly talking in swish.

EDIT: And, although I haven't played it yet, I'd have to commend Kavar for what sounds like a functional and tastefully-done mod.
 Quatra
09-17-2006, 8:49 PM
I have one little problem. When Bastila talk, i have to click so she can say the other line. Example, she reads the text and when it's finish, she doesn't continue. I have to click to make her continue.
 Master Kavar
09-26-2006, 6:44 PM
I have one little problem. When Bastila talk, i have to click so she can say the other line. Example, she reads the text and when it's finish, she doesn't continue. I have to click to make her continue.

I actually addressed this problem in the read-me file packed with the mod; this seems to be a bug that occurs whenever a dialogue file is edited, and as far as I know there isn't any way to fix it.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
 mavs283
09-30-2006, 12:58 AM
This was a really well done mod, and I've gotten as far as Bastilla getting told about her mother, and it's looking funny so far. I also think you should do this for K2 too if you're looking for another mod to make, Master Kavar, as I haven't ever played thru completely as a female because I hate the desciple. Keep up the good work.
 Master Kavar
09-30-2006, 4:39 AM
Thanks for your feedback mavs283, but a similar mod for TSL's seems completly unecessary. The Handmaiden is meant to fall in love with the PC regardless, so if you just use a mod to get her instead of Disciple than you already have an "alternate romance" mod. And as long as you took the Handmaiden, you'll get Visas to declare her love for you by default, because the Disciple isn't there for his pep-talk.
 impakt
10-06-2006, 5:45 PM
Have you added any new parts to the romance after you kiss Bastila? Is it worth talking to her after the kiss, or should I wait for the scene at the end to get more out of it?
 Master Kavar
10-06-2006, 8:31 PM
No, nothing was added after the kiss scene. I wanted to keep it as close to the original Revan/Bastila romance as possible in that regard. But worse, as I recall there is a glitch in the game that causes all of your romance "points" with her to dissapear if you talk to her after that scene. I don't know what causes that glitch in the original version, but it's probably safe to assume it's still present.
 impakt
10-06-2006, 8:54 PM
Ok, thanks for the answer. I've enjoyed your little mod so far :)
It would be cool to make another mod with a much deeper and longer romantic main-plot, including all sexes of course. I guess I'm a sucker for romance in games, it gets me more into my characters and the story.
 Sato Sparhawk
10-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Great Mod :)

In some of the parts I laughed so hard I gave myself a headache :lol:
 Wang Lightning
10-11-2006, 3:39 AM
This sounds like a fairly cool change, but theres only one issue. Even though you mention Allronix's dialog pack in the readme, there appears to be a conflict with it. Do the changes you made to "k_hbas_dialog.dlg" actually conflict with Allronix's pack? Or did you make many of the same changes, making it ok to overwrite.
 Master Kavar
10-11-2006, 7:34 PM
Yeah, I forgot to mention that the two mods aren't completly compatible. Allronix's dialogue pack adds more dialogue options for the female character (non-romantic), and thus that file itself isn't compatible with mine. If you want to use both, just copy all of the files in Allronix's mod, except the one labelled for Bastila. Then add mine, and voila.
 bdjkn
11-26-2006, 3:38 PM
About time a mod like this was made. ;)

A welcome reason to play Kotor once again. Thanks for sharing your work.
 Shem
12-05-2006, 4:50 PM
 MdKnightR
01-06-2007, 3:34 AM
I didn't see where this was brought up, so I apologize if I missed it......With this mod installed, do you still have the option of pursuing a Carth romance?
 Shotgunner
01-11-2007, 8:19 PM
Its great to see a dose of reality dropped into the KOTOR universe. And, like bdjkn, I welcome a reason to play KOTOR 1 again.
 Master Kavar
01-11-2007, 9:17 PM
I didn't see where this was brought up, so I apologize if I missed it......With this mod installed, do you still have the option of pursuing a Carth romance?

Yes you do. My mod just allows you to persue Bastila, it doesn't remove anything. You can complete as little or as much of the romance stories as you want...heck, you could date Carth, Bastila, and Juhani all at the same time if you wanted. (Not that I recommend it...Juhani seems like the jealous type)
 MdKnightR
01-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Cool. Going into my Override right now!
 Mercury314
01-24-2007, 4:53 PM
There appears to be a bug in the mod. The conversation with Sarna (who the hell is Sarna? The sith girl that invites you to the party) has an improper ending at the party itself.

The problem is as follows:

Instead of everyone passing out, you get handed a Sith base keycard. Which is silly.

The fix is as follows:

In the tar02_sarna21.dlg file, at the end of the branch "Hey you made it! I was beginning to ..." you have to remove the script k_ptar_sarna99a and add the sound file _m02adsarn07011_

Next, you have to add an additional node with no text. When the player selects this, it should fire the script k_ptar_partyover.

This will cause the events to run out correctly, and everyone will pass out, allowing you to steal the uniform as it was intended.

I've tried this solution and it works properly. If you need any more help, feel free to ask.

Thank you for crediting me in the new versions readme ^_^
 Arбtoeldar
01-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Thank you Master Kavar for an excellent mod and to Mecrury314 for the bug fix.
 TLM20
02-14-2007, 1:44 PM
I've been tempted to make something like this myself, but it would be a royal pain in more ways than the Bastila and Female Revan mod. Look at the number of times Carth calls the female Revan "sister" or "woman," and it's about eleventy billion times more often than most of Bastila's dialog options.

well in a way only the "woman" references need to be cut lol, if it turned out that Carth was gay maybe he would call guys "sister"? :D

make a mod like this it would crack me up :), and of course i love carth

bastila and fem revan was superbly done btw, grats :)
 Darth Kryon
03-14-2007, 6:43 AM
Oh how I'll enjoy this mod! Not even Star Wars is safe from homosexuality smexhings! XD
 Bunk
03-14-2007, 9:03 PM
Careful, this is a Lucas forum, and the mere mention of that word may bring the Stormtroopers running. For all the things I've slammed Lucas on, the stance that there is no homosexuality in the Starwars universe has always really ticked me off.
 TLM20
03-15-2007, 12:59 PM
There should be more of it imho, from both genders.
 BadMilk
03-19-2007, 8:30 PM
I cant seem to get Bastila talking to me anymore and were not anywhere close to the kissing scene, i was at tatooine with the whole her mother thing and i had her keep the holocron and after that i asked her about it, and after that i havent been able to talk to her about the stuff, i was left off at around i think where she was watching me and worried about me or something, i need help to fix it please
 SykoRevan
03-19-2007, 9:57 PM
I cant seem to get Bastila talking to me anymore and were not anywhere close to the kissing scene, i was at tatooine with the whole her mother thing and i had her keep the holocron and after that i asked her about it, and after that i havent been able to talk to her about the stuff, i was left off at around i think where she was watching me and worried about me or something, i need help to fix it please

You can't fix it. In order to further the romance between the player and Bastila, when you find the holocron, you have to help Bastila reconcile with her mother. Otherwise, you can't talk to her any further.
 BadMilk
03-19-2007, 11:01 PM
I guess I'll do it over then
 Altmaster
07-26-2007, 4:13 PM
Thread necromancy! :vadar:

In case anyone's interested, I believe I figured out why the bug with the Sith party and Sarna is present - seems it's not the author's fault.

I spent ages comparing the the author's modified tar02_sarna021.dlg with the game's, and trying to figure out why it was so different; most notably, why the party tree had been broken.

As it turns out, the game has two copies of tar02_sarna021.dlg.

The first is in the area tar_m02ad (the North Apartments) and includes the correct party dialog that causes the partygoers to collapse, the quest to finish, etc. It also includes a bunch of dialog with Sarna that centers around buying a Sith base passcard off her, which, afaik, wasn't part of the final game.

The second is, iirc, in area tar_m02ae (I assume the Upper Cantina). It includes all the dialog you have with Sarna when you meet her in the cantina, and for some reason also includes a broken party dialog that doesn't fire the right scripts and gives you a Sith base passcard.

Now, if my guess is correct, there must have been some original scenario where you could pay her 2000 credits (according to the first dialog instance) and go the party to get a passcard off her. I guess that must have been ruled out in the end (afaik, buying the droid to break into the base is the only way?). Thus, all the other dialog was just left in, and isn't a problem, since the game uses the file with the correct dialog when in the cantina area, and the dialog with the correct party scripts when in the apartments, and ignores the rest.

Now, the point of all this. Since the author modified tar02_sarna021.dlg from tar_m02ae, and correctly so, since that's the dialog that's used, the broken party was included from the original. Thus when the game tries to load either of the originals (including the apartments one), it finds a file with the same name in Override, and uses that. In other words, the file is overriding both the originals, when it was only intended to override the one for the Cantina. I guess this is a problem with the behaviour of the Override directory system.

So, if you were to replace the correct copy inside the RIM file, the bug would disappear without any changes to the author's script, at least in theory.

And if that was entirely incorrect, have mercy. I only started looking at modding for this game yesterday :cowdance
 LarryLaffer
07-26-2007, 5:46 PM
I cannot download this from your new site. it gives a file not found. Would very much like to get this mod again as I lost all the mods I had.
 Altmaster
07-26-2007, 6:14 PM
Just check the first post in this thread - there's a bunch of download mirrors listed. Choose the one with the updated version (KoTOR II Files).

You should probably also get the romance glitch fix: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Bastila_Romance_Glitch_Fix;78251)

Finally, I uploaded a fix for the Sith Party glitch here: http://rapidshare.com/files/45250301/tar02_sarna021.dlg.html)

I didn't want to put it anywhere permanent without Master Kavar's permission.
 Kryptex
08-21-2007, 1:17 AM
Sorry to bump up such an old topic, but I thought you might be interested in a modified DLG file that fixes a couple of grammatical errors during your conversation with Davik's slaves.

http://files.filefront.com/tar08+davslav82dlg/;8365143;;/fileinfo.html)

One of the more notable fixes involves the removal of Mission's reply. This is because I'm the type of guy who doesn't enjoy dialogue without any voiceover work.
Page: 1 of 2