Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

this is weird (hint on gamespy multiplayer?)

Page: 1 of 1
 mado did dude
08-05-2006, 4:41 PM
okay this is weird and if anybody knows about this please tell me what it was for but i was kotor tool and in the 2da area there was a .2da file called

gamespyrooms.2da and inside were these files

action
story
storylite
roleplay
TeamNvsN
Melee1vsN
Arena1vsN
Social
Alternative
PWAction
PWStory
Solo

so could this be a hint at that kotor was going to have gamespy multiplayer but quit on it? or is it some joke that bioware implanted in the game's code?
 stoffe
08-05-2006, 4:55 PM
okay this is weird and if anybody knows about this please tell me what it was for but i was kotor tool and in the 2da area there was a .2da file called gamespyrooms.2da and inside were these files
(snip)
so could this be a hint at that kotor was going to have gamespy multiplayer but quit on it? or is it some joke that bioware implanted in the game's code?

Remaining junk resources from Neverwinter Nights, most likely. The KotOR games are based on the NWN Aurora engine at the core, which has been modified for the new games. There are lots of other things left from NWN to be found here and there among the game data.
 mado did dude
08-05-2006, 9:05 PM
oh well funny that they left it there and i was confused about it anyways
:):):):)
 PsiKnife
08-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Remaining junk resources from Neverwinter Nights, most likely. The KotOR games are based on the NWN Aurora engine at the core, which has been modified for the new games. There are lots of other things left from NWN to be found here and there among the game data.

Like "stolen" in item properties. That was an option in NWN when making items in their editor because it actually applied there because of the Rogue (or whoever had a high steal skill) actually stealing items.
 mhaha2
08-08-2006, 7:58 AM
well i found this in the main folder: http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=naamloostx4.png) well i didnt found the link but you know what i mean.
server options???
 oldflash
08-08-2006, 9:04 AM
well i found this in the main folder: http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=naamloostx4.png) well i didnt found the link but you know what i mean.
server options???
Same thing like gamespyrooms.2da
See stoffe's reply. Also if you look in biff/2da you will find many other junks (2da for pets, races like vampire, dwarf, elf, gnom, stuff like that).
 shamelessposer
08-08-2006, 11:15 AM
My favorite leftover junk is the Badger .utc entry. :)
Page: 1 of 1