Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Using custom appearance.2da to create disguise - help needed.

Page: 1 of 1
 Kainzorus Prime
08-02-2006, 6:05 PM
Well I want to create armor using retextured npc as disguise, but I made new appearance.2da row so my retexture wont replace original npc. But while editing item's .uti file, only appearances that are default in game can be chosen. Question is, would there be a way of using disguise property with custom appearance entry?
 oldflash
08-02-2006, 6:09 PM
You can set kt to look in override directory for custom 2da files (appearance.2da).
Your new row will be last in rolldown at disguise attrib.
 Kainzorus Prime
08-02-2006, 7:39 PM
Thanks.

Edit: Ok now comes other question.

The new appearance shows properly ingame, but still has original npc texture. I've renamed respective model files and texture files to fit new appearance entries, but still no effect. The original model was Sion fyi.
 PsiKnife
08-02-2006, 11:18 PM
I thought disguises (NPC's) were fixed to have what they wear as permanent.

If not, then I'd imagine you would need to find them in appearance.2da and point their section on armor to your files. Though I myself am just learning about this so someone else may need to explain.
 SithRevan
08-02-2006, 11:29 PM
I thought disguises (NPC's) were fixed to have what they wear as permanent.

If not, then I'd imagine you would need to find them in appearance.2da and point their section on armor to your files. Though I myself am just learning about this so someone else may need to explain.

Well UTI files have the properties tab and as you may know that is where you can make you armor, robes, ect. do different things, so when you are editing a property in the UTI item editor box there should be a drop down menu that is the property name, in that you can pick what you want your item to do so if you wanted it to be a disguise all that you have to do is scroll down in that box and pick "Disguise" from the menu, then in the subtype menu you can pick the character you want your disguise to be and based on that when you put it into your game and get it you should be able to equip it in you clothing slot and look like another NCP!:D

-SithRevan
 RedHawke
08-03-2006, 1:03 AM
The new appearance shows properly ingame, but still has original npc texture. I've renamed respective model files and texture files to fit new appearance entries, but still no effect. The original model was Sion fyi.
You might need to hex edit the model files you re-named and see if the original Sion texture is being refrenced by the model itself, if so then simply change the instances in the model to that of your new texture.

Note: The filename of your new texture must be the same length in characters as the original texture. ;)
 oldflash
08-03-2006, 2:33 AM
Sion model could be also compiled with mdlops without problem.I was able to make changes and set another texture without problem. Big problem I got when I was try to set animated envmaptexture on sion texture. I think game engine controls texturing mode for this model most like how is controls kreya's textures.
One more info: Sion and nihilus body are set like female body.
 Darkkender
08-03-2006, 11:26 AM
One question Don. Are you adjusting the Body variations field for your new Sion to match with the Armor or are you adjusting his main racial appearance entry.

Actually If you have a screenshot of your appearance.2da file I might be able to help you figure out where your problem lies as I have a feeling your 2da file holds the key to your problem. Also screenies of the UTI file both the first tab and the properties tab.

Also if you post the screenies make sure they are big enough to view whereever you host them at as it will make troubleshooting quicker if I or others don't have to capture and blow them up ourselves. I've just noticed a recent trend for thumbnail screenies when people are wanting help.
 Kainzorus Prime
08-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Ill put the screens up very soon.

Edit:

Here are appearance entries (screens are modified for better recognizing what goes to what)

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/3116/app1fr3.jpg)

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/1943/app2gq3.jpg)

Further entries are ****

And .uti screens:

http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/973/uti1pp4.jpg)

http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/3223/uti2il9.jpg)
 Darkkender
08-03-2006, 1:24 PM
Ok what are the names of your model files and your texture files?

Also what does Sion's appearance.2da entry look like for comparison.

In the meantime in the UTI set the Body Variation and Texture Variation to 1. Then give it a try in game.
 oldflash
08-03-2006, 1:57 PM
Sion has body and head. If you want to have more appearance for this you need to make multiple entry in 2da file. For each entry you need unique model with his unique textures (body and head). You can't set texture variation on this. If you do that head will also take that texture for mapping. Set only race type and default modela. Same value like modela set in modelb, modelc, modeld... I suggest to have a look to kreia's row.
So. for each appearance you need 1 model with his own texture. In that model aurorabase should be under same name like model (do not take a model and rename). Every new model (and his texture must be unique. Avoid to set 2 models at same texture and always use something diferite from sion.
Also I could be wrong with all this but when I cut the sion's had and use body for custom pc It was first priority to rename model and texture just to avoid conflicts.
You could try (here I'm really not sure) to set diferite models for modelb, modelc... but same rule: do not change **** in textures columns and use cloth and armores to get diferite looks.
Edit: I just saw your pic. Since you have nothing set in modelg and modelh columns the game will use default model (race type or modela) and his texture. This could be your problem. Make new model for modelg and modelh with his texture assig. and I whink will be enought.
 Kainzorus Prime
08-03-2006, 1:59 PM
Textures are:

D_BaneH.tga
D_BaneA.tga

Model names are

DKDarthBane.mdx
DKDarthBane.mdl
 oldflash
08-03-2006, 2:06 PM
Make DKDarthBaneG model, set new texture (D_baneAG and D_baneHG) for this model and write "DKDarthBaneG" in modelg and modelh columns. Now should work. Leave texture fields as they are with ****
 Kainzorus Prime
08-03-2006, 2:16 PM
Tried, still no effect.
 oldflash
08-03-2006, 2:24 PM
Did you hex model and change texture name from D_BaneA.tga and D_BaneH.tga to another names?
 Kainzorus Prime
08-03-2006, 2:29 PM
That might be it...Because I havent hex edite model at all (Maaan...)

What must i do to hex edit model?

Didn't I suggest this above? Man do I feel ignored! :( :xp: -RH
 Darkkender
08-03-2006, 2:32 PM
Make DKDarthBaneG model, set new texture (D_baneAG and D_baneHG) for this model and write "DKDarthBaneG" in modelg and modelh columns. Now should work. Leave texture fields as they are with ****

Before we send him down this path OF. Don have you tried my UTI change?

I also thought Oldflash that the reason Sion has a seperate Head for you is that you were able to cut it from the body. The reason I say this is because the default Sion Model is Head and Body together with seperate textures between head and body on the model Just like the Quarren and a few others.

If you have used mdlops renamer function to change the texture entries to the name of your new texture files then the current appearance settings will work. However the UTI file looks like it is trying to force the appearance to read NULL fields.
 Kainzorus Prime
08-03-2006, 2:41 PM
Yes i tried DK. However, as stated above I seemed to skip the mdlops renaming, which I am doing now. Ill let you know how it turns out.
 Darkkender
08-03-2006, 2:48 PM
Yes i tried DK. However, as stated above I seemed to skip the mdlops renaming, which I am doing now. Ill let you know how it turns out.

I was in the middle of writing my post between yours and OF's last 2 or 3 posts.
 Kainzorus Prime
08-03-2006, 2:57 PM
Well, it turned out that not using mdlops renamer in first place was the problem. Texture finally appears correctly, and completely separate from Sion own textures. Thanks for all support fellows.
Page: 1 of 1