Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NPC Recruitable Dustil

Page: 1 of 2
 Princess Artemis
08-02-2006, 2:35 PM
Sorry I never ended up making a WIP thread for this...by the time Dustil forced me to make a big fat mod out of what was supposed to be a cameo recruit, it was too late. (And sorry I keep editing this thread, but I couldn't catch everything the first test through ::headdesk:: I added a note on the right way to make this mod compatible with ChAiNz.2da's Kreia Assorted Robes. Sorry it kinda spoils bits of both, but I think ChAiNz' mod is really cool and want people to be able to use both. Hopefully I won't need to update this mod again...)

This is by both myself and Jiara.

Anyway, you can get it here: PC Game Mods (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18704.html) (v1.3), LucasFiles (http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=1490) (not sure which version they have, depends on when they grabbed the file), Kotor Files (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/;86401) (v1.5) or NPC Dustil Recruit .rar (http://www.princessartemis.com/images/mods/PA_K2_Dustil_Recruit.rar) (v.1.6) at my site.
Some screenshots are here (http://www.princessartemis.com/images/mods/k2dustilnpc.html).

If you downloaded it before this showed up in the thread, or have a version that does not say "v1.4" in the info.rtf, grab a small patch file here (http://www.princessartemis.com/images/mods/PA_K2_Dustil_Patch.rar). Downloading from my site will always have the latest version, which is v1.6 right now. It adds dialogues that I didn't catch the first run through and some bug fixes that seem to happen to some people but not others. v1.6 also has a slightly reworked Dustil with a skill point spread that makes more sense--if the mod is already installed, it will need to be reinstalled to take advantage of that, and will only affect the mod if you haven't landed on Telos yet. Thank you cjt0202, Kha, and wilv for running into them and passing on the dialogues that I was able to fix. Thanks to Thrak1977 for catching a bug that would have prevented some people from repairing HK-47 after permanently recruiting Dustil.

v1.5 corrects a problem with running the mod on other than English versions of TSL. You don't need v1.5 if you're running an English TSL and the patch won't update v1.anything to v1.5.

v1.6 reworks Dustil's skill point spread so it makes more sense. Maybe not a big deal, but worth an update. English TSL players can have v1.4 and use the patch to get a working v1.6, since the language isn't an issue for English players.

NPC Recruitable Dustil
For SW KotOR II: The Sith Lords
By Princess Artemis and Jiara

Quick clarification: Recruiting Dustil on Telos is temporary; he will leave long before you ever get a chance to fix HK. It's when you encounter and recruit him a second time that he will permanently replace HK. Mea culpa about not making that clear. Also, this mod has some language in it that is a bit more colorful than in TSL but it is very, very sparse.

This mod will add Dustil as an NPC to SW KotOR II: The Sith Lords. Talk to him on Telos, see where things go. Dustil's story is woven into TSL's as best as we could get him in. This is not a simple recruit mod-if you are successful in recruiting Dustil, he will become part of the story right up to the endgame.

This truly is as much Jiara's mod as it is mine-what she didn't write of Dustil's dialogue, she polished up, and his story we both hammered out together. I can't say at all that the actual modding part, creating the files, scripts, etc., was more of a contribution than Jiara's writing. It simply would have been a far poorer story and mod without her.

Please, do read this file. There is important information contained herein.

~~Specifics~~
Dustil won't show up in a DS Revan game; this mod assumes the same conceits about LS/DS Revan as TSL does. So if you want to use it, make sure to tell Atton that Revan was Light Sided (male or female doesn't matter, he just has slightly more to say LSF) at the beginning of the game. There are other restrictions on the mod, but I'll let you discover those for yourself-they are, I believe, realistic. Also, if you've already landed on Telos before installing this mod...sorry, but Dustil won't show up. That's just how the game is made; there's nothing I can do about that.

Dustil will replace HK-47; he has no sounds or voice overs (which means he's not going to suddenly take over HK's lines just because he took HK's spot in the party unless I missed something or couldn't fix it-you'll need to have captions on for the mod to make a lick of sense), but he does have his own dialogue and nine cut scenes (although you can only see eight in any given game). If the player does recruit him on Telos, he will be available later to pick up on another planet. He's a strong fighter, Jedi Guardian class; his attributes, feats, and Force powers are based on K1's Dustil but stepped up a notch. He didn't stop learning or suddenly lose abilities in the intervening years-and Dustil may not have showed it, but he knew an impressive number of Force powers and feats in K1, so he starts out with them and some higher levels feats/powers in some trees in K2. It amounts to three higher level Force powers (Force Storm, Force Whirlwind, Knight Speed), two new Force powers (Force Deflection and Juyo), two new feats (Perceptive and Class: Security), and four higher level feats (Improved Flurry, Improved Power Attack, Improved Critical Strike, and Weapon Specialization: Melee Weapons), plus the standard Jedi Guardian feats and the full Duelist tree. All the other feats and Force powers Dustil already knew five years ago. (I did modify one of his stats down, Natural AC, so that he didn't end up with an absolutely ridiculous amount of defense; I also didn't give him his K1 feats that no longer existed or were useless in K2 or were never designed for an NPC to have.)

Dustil permanently replaces HK-that means that even if you fix HK, he won't join your party, so if you want HK-47 in your party for a while, do it before you recruit Dustil permanently-he'll wait for you. (That doesn't mean there's no point in fixing HK after Dustil has been recruited-there's the XP, for one, and HK doesn't completely disappear from the game-he still has all of his Ebon Hawk cut scenes, plus one.)

If you have Dustil at the time that you have to split the parties for Dxun and Onderon, picking HK-47 in dialogue should add Dustil to the party.

Dustil's left hand is locked for a reason-he's a duelist and I want him to stay that way. His initial equipment is his only; it's not meant to be too powerful, just slightly better than the original versions, and his armband is to compliment his single-handed fighting.

One side effect of his taking over for HK is that he seems to float in his party select and status screens-this is simply because HK is tall. There's no effect otherwise. Also, on his second recruit, a message may pop up saying that HK-47's influence changed--all this does is reset any influence gained or lost for HK before Dustil is recruited back to 'uninfluenced'. He occasionally 'learns' HK's specific feats, but he doesn't have them listed anywhere and can't seem to use them, as far as I know.

~~Installation~~
Run TSLPatcher.exe.

Navigate to your LucasArts\SWKotOR2 folder to install. This mod automatically creates a backup of every file it overwrites or modifies and adds them to backup in the mod folder.

If you make a habit of collecting a mod's files into subfolders, it may be best not to move appearance.2da, heads.2da, portraits.2da, upcrystals.2da, or globalcat.2da; it seems this mod gets confused if they aren't in the main Override.

The Source folder is only of interest to modders who may wish to look at them for reference.

~~Uninstall~~
Please read Uninstall.txt, included with this mod for the full list of files that will need to be removed or fetched from the backup folder in order to uninstall this mod.

~~General Compatibility~~
Obviously this mod is not going to play nice with other NPC recruit mods that replace HK-47. Otherwise, it will conflict with any mod that adds cut scenes to the game through the Ebon Hawk cut scene scripts (a_next_scene.ncs and k_003ebo_enter.ncs). One file, n_jedicounm002.utc, is present in cjt0202's Carth Exile mod and my Dustil Exile mod, but since they essentially do the same thing--make a certain dead Jedi on Korriban not look like Dustil--it doesn't matter which one is used.

This mod is not compatible with ChAiNz.2da's Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection v1.1 straight off, but it can be made compatible. It does involve a bit of trickery, however. First, you have to visit Korriban with ChAiNz.2da's mod in place. Then hop on the Hawk, quit the game, pull k_701area_enter.ncs out of the NPC Dustil mod tslpatchdata folder and put it in Override. When you go back out onto Korriban, all should be well and you can use both mods.

If you have a mod that uses the second slot in the puppet table, this mod will not be compatible with it. (My Cati mod, aka Mandalore gets a Gizka, is compatible since it uses the third slot.) Storing Dustil in the puppet table was the only way to make sure he didn't abscond with your stuff the first time he leaves. It has the rather odd side effect of giving him gobs of XP, but there does seem to be a limit on how much free XP he gets.

~~Lightsaber Compatibility~~
There are custom lightsabers and a new color crystal in this mod, so if you have a mod that has, for instance, a lightsaber file that ends in 76, there will likely be a conflict. If you know enough about modding to change all the .mdl, .mdx, and uti, files as well as upcrystals.2da to make everything fit, feel free to do so for your own personal use (every custom saber in this mod uses 76 as the texture variation except for dustil_saber.uti, which is garden variety green). To my surprise, it appears that this mod is compatible with the USM; if you have that, the only file that appears to be shared is handmaiden.dlg; USM's version fixes the same bug, and that's the only reason it's included in this mod. However, in order to be compatible with USM, USM must be installed first.

~~Specific Compatibility~~
There are two bug fixs included in this mod. Upon entering Telos Academy, it's possible to break the game picking the wrong dialogue choice. This mod will fix that with a new handmaiden.dlg (I don't believe this is really substantially different than Team Gizka's, but if you have that bug fix, this mod will not overwrite handmaiden.dlg). Also, if you have my New Carth Ages v.2, this mod will overwrite carthend.dlg. Let it. There are differences between the two. This mod does not conflict with www.team-gizka.org's) Escaped Convicts bug fix. Razorfish kindly gave permission to use one of the scripts for it. Therefor, if you have that bug fix, this mod will overwrite k_231area_enter.ncs. Let it. Dustil will never show up without this mod's version of that script.

~~Cheatin'~~
If you want to get the unique items created for this mod by cheating, use the giveitem cheat or KSE. Each item .uti has the same name you'd use in the giveitem cheat so that should make it easier on you; just look at the new item filenames. However, there's no point cheating in extras of Dustil's initial equipment as only he can use it (well, unless you want him to have a second Dustil's Dueling Band so he can reach even greater heights of butt kicking and name taking...)

~~In Case of Emergency~~
There is a known issue with a couple users reporting Dustil showing up as Atton. I've superficially fixed this; however, if Dustil shows up in commoner clothes, unlocked slots, and his portrait is Atton's, something either went lopsided in your installation or something else happened. If it does happen, try to reinstall the mod. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure how to fix it-all I can say is make sure not to move the .2da files (appearance.2da, heads.2da, portraits.2da, upcrystals.2da, and globalcat.2da) out of the main Override folder into a subfolder while using this mod.

I have included a fix that will at least repair Dustil's appearance and locked slots; look in the folder Emergency De-Atton for instructions on how to use it. If it fixes his portrait, the only way you'll find out is by landing on Telos again. Otherwise, it will just fix his appearance.

~~Credits~~
This mod would have been impossible without the invaluable help of stoffe -mkb-, cjt0202, and Jiara (who wrote, directly or indirectly, much more of Dustil's dialogue than I did-if you see bad Dustil dialogue, credit me, if you see good Dustil dialogue, blame Jiara ;), my loverly beta testers cjt0202, mjpb3, Jiara, Darth Ixnay, and Kha, as well as all of the wonderful people at Holowan Labs. Thanks also to Razorfish for allowing me to modify a script.

~~More Thank Yous~~
Many thanks to cjt0202 for her help with scripting (giant thank you for the near-water-tight heartbeat script!) and to Jiara for writing most of Dustil's dialogue. Thanks and a plague of plot gizkas on Delerius Jedi from kotorfanmedia.com for inflicting this idea on me in the first place. Thanks also to Fred Tetra for Kotor Tool, stoffe -mkb- for TSLPatcher and invaluable scripting help (it would be a lesser mod indeed without her help), cchargin for MDLOps, and tk102 for K-GFF. Thanks to everyone at Holowan Labs for being so darned helpful and for posting scripts all over--this mod uses custom scripts written by stoffe -mkb-, cjt0202, tk102, and goodness knows who else that I've found here and there at Holowan Labs, and some of my own fledgling work.

~~Disclaimer~~
No infringement is intended against LucasArts, BioWare, or Obsidian, the copyright holders for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Please do not modify and upload this mod anywhere without my and Jiara's express permission. Right now, that means my site, Jiara's site if she chooses to host it, PC Game Mods if I can, and hopefully LucasFiles and Kotor Files. I'll edit this if and when I get the mod hosted at any of these places :) I've tried to keep this as bug-free as possible, but use this mod at your own risk.
 Darkkender
08-02-2006, 3:13 PM
My Good Lord Gal!!! when you told me Dustil possesed you and took over the mod you weren't kidding. This is the type of mod that deserves a whole new play through.
 Kainzorus Prime
08-02-2006, 3:30 PM
Wonderfull.
 Princess Artemis
08-02-2006, 3:55 PM
My Good Lord Gal!!! when you told me Dustil possesed you and took over the mod you weren't kidding. This is the type of mod that deserves a whole new play through.

Hoy, I toldja he did :)

We certainly hope the mod is worth a whole play through. It was really fun (and really frustrating) to make, but we like the results.

Oh, and sorry if anyone tried to DL it in the last 15 minutes or so--there was a glitch in the Matrix and I had to re-upload it. If you got all 1.8 or so megs of .rar, you're good.
 ubercarl
08-02-2006, 3:58 PM
This is awesome! When I play through again i'll definately install this. i have a question: does dustil's mouth move when you talk to him? i can't do VO's at this time but i might know some folk or someone here might do it. just an idea (which i'm sure you've thought through more than i)

just curious! :lips1:

thanks!
 Princess Artemis
08-02-2006, 4:26 PM
I hope you enjoy it :)

No, there's no lip-synching in the mod, since there's no voice. Dustil has the potential to talk to literally every NPC character at one point in the game (not long conversations, but they're there), and has cut scenes with nine of them as well as a scene with Bastila and Carth, so that would be far too much VA realistically to do, I think. I could have added sounds for T3 and Hanharr, but since the rest is silent, I thought it would be strange.

It would be pretty cool if someone could voice at least parts of his dialogue tho'.
 Darth333
08-02-2006, 4:40 PM
Hehe another Dustil fan! The mod looks pretty good. I'll give it a try as soon as I can.
 Princess Artemis
08-03-2006, 12:55 AM
Darth333, hee hee, yes indeedy. I'm a member in good standing of the Onasi Order, adherent to Cartholocism, and devout Dustilite ;) And woe, for I didn't even know I had your Dustil NPC mod on K1 until it was too late (Holowan Plug-In)--I shall try to grab him next time.

Hope you like :)
 Lit Ridl
08-03-2006, 1:28 AM
!!!WOW!!!
THAT IS THE BEST RECRUITMENT MOD INDEED!!! NOT ONLY IN KII IN KI!!! THE BEST KOTOR RECRUITMENT MOD!!!
YOU'VE MADE ALL AS PROFFESIONAL GAME DEVELOPER!!!
THAT'S AMAZING!!!!! GREAT THANKS!!!

Lit, please refrain from posing in all caps. -RH
 Darth333
08-03-2006, 10:17 AM
And woe, for I didn't even know I had your Dustil NPC mod on K1 until it was too late (Holowan Plug-In)--I shall try to grab him next time.

Well my mod is certainly not near the quality of your mod. Once you recruit Dustil he doesn't have any specific dialogue (the dialogue is before the recruitment). I wanted to develop the mod a bit more and make a LS version but when I made it we barely had tools and I could only edit .dlg files with a (bugged) gff editor :nut: I ran out of patience and never released the second part.

I'll try your mod this weekend and give you more feedback :)
 MetalMark
08-03-2006, 10:34 AM
When I start a new game I will use this mod
 Princess Artemis
08-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Lit Ridl, thanks :) I dunno about it being the best recruit mod, but we'd like to think it's a good one!

Darth333, looking forward to hearing what you think of it. Heehee, us young modding whippersnappers have all sorts of neat toys to play with ;) Maybe some day I'll be a masochist and open a .dlg file in a gff editor just to see what it looks like.

MetalMark, I hope you like it!
 Pavlos
08-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Er... umm. Well, this looks like a big mod. Congratulations to both of you. Perhaps I should stop pretending to be a modder and actually release something...

Anyway, looks like an excellent mod.
 Darkkender
08-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Er... umm. Well, this looks like a big mod. Congratulations to both of you. Perhaps I should stop pretending to be a modder and actually release something...

Anyway, looks like an excellent mod.

I could swear my archives have at least one mod bye Pavlos. :confused:
On the other hand maybe your like me and don't feel your contribution to the community has been big enough yet.
 ubercarl
08-03-2006, 2:19 PM
I could swear my archives have at least one mod bye Pavlos. :confused:
On the other hand maybe your like me and don't feel your contribution to the community has been big enough yet.

no way! i read more than post (obviously) but you always contribute to the community with tons of modding tips. but hey, if you wanted to woop up more mods for lKOTORII like me then go ahead! :lips1: :cowdance

cheers to you all! :Pir2:

(i'm expecially positive today since i had a stellar lunch)
 Shem
08-03-2006, 9:09 PM
This mod is now availible at FileFront at the author's request. Thanks for the submission.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/;67227)
 Princess Artemis
08-03-2006, 9:44 PM
Shem, thanks for uploading it so fast! There's a bit of incorrect information in the write up though, which is understandable with such a long read-me :) Dustil temporarily joins on Telos (under the right conditions), and after that, he will be available on another planet. That's where he'll wait if the player wishes to use HK-47 for a while.

Thanks Pavlos :)
 Pavlos
08-04-2006, 3:53 PM
Hi, Artemis,

Just one thing: I noticed that you edited 000React. To my memory this aspect of the game is broken. The game will only ever call for the first reaction, and it will only call the dialogue in a few of the modules. Unless you have fixed it and I just didn't notice or I have gone completely mad (More likely than not), that is. Just letting you know :).
 Princess Artemis
08-04-2006, 4:13 PM
Heya Pavlos--

Yeah, I edited 000react.dlg, although I wasn't aware of any problem with it with the rest of the game so didn't know it needed fixing. The reason I edited it is because I was playing through the Telos Military base and decided to kill the lost Czerka Twi'lek just for speed while testing, and Dustil started talking like HK! I couldn't have that, so I tracked down the source and changed it. Since it does work sometimes, and in a place there's a good chance Dustil will be, I had to change it. If the dialogue never shows up again, at least it will stop Dustil from sounding like HK one time, and that one time Dustil will have his own thing to say if Bao is too far away to react :)

Edit: Now that I'm looking at the 000react.dlg a bit closer, I can see some of the reasons why it wouldn't work properly. ::chin scratch:: I think I might be able to fix the dialogue so that it will run more than just the initial lines, but I don't know enough about scripting to know if there's something about a_gbl_react that's not working properly.
 Princess Artemis
08-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Argghhh. Added a patch to the thread, since it was not possible for me to catch every instance of HK talking testing the mod...the patch includes deton.dlg. Any future downloads from my site will always have the updated version of the mod. Right now, it has v1.1 in the info.rtf.

Unfortunately, right now I can't fix two dialogues, kavar.dlg and azkul.dlg because the game uses the same file name multiple times. ::headdesk:: He's just going to sound like HK-47 sometimes until I can find out how to fix that.
 Kha
08-06-2006, 8:58 AM
Congratulations PA and Jiara!! This is a great mod! :thumbsup:

When you said that he kicks butts you weren't kiding... the boy is a killing machine :twogun:

I'm still in the middle of the game but I loved all his dialogues and cut scenes I've seen so far...poor Atton! Hope that Dustil gives you some peace now, but if he doesn't I don't mind having more Dustil goodies :cowdance

Thanks for sharing this nice work.
 Princess Artemis
08-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Hee, thanks Kha :)

I hope he's not too overpowered. I'm just allergic to characters that should be powerful but aren't in games.

::snerk:: about Dustil leaving me alone...I'm sure he'll find some way to keep my attention, the little twit... hee, if I could find a believable way for him to give Exile a set of clothes for him that were more like Atton and Mira's default clothes, I would, but I don't think it would work. "Oh, would you hold onto my clothes for me? Thanks, you're a big help." ;)
 Lit Ridl
08-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Ooops..
Found something not good in mod (and tons of good), Dustil sometimes uses foul language, he sais me that I am very big a*s, I think it will be good to remove this bad words or replace with better ones (you asked to credit you for bugs in dialogs! But I will not.). Also may I use your (and of course STOFFE the Great's) cutscene scripts? For a little.
 Princess Artemis
08-06-2006, 1:01 PM
Lit Ridl, I'm glad to hear you find it mostly good :) I'll have to consult with my co-modder about the parts you find a problem with...I don't remember him calling the Exile that, I do remember the Exile calling Dustil a smart*** (which we did discuss and came to the conclusion that we couldn't find anything that conveyed quite the same meaning), but I'll check to be sure. If you want to change that to something you'd prefer for your own use, of course you may. If you do decide to do that, you'll need to change dustilmand.dlg and dustilatton.dlg, too.

Which scripts were you refering to? You mean the giant k_003area_enter.ncs and a_next_scene.ncs? http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2010198&postcount=17) has stoffe's versions, which she posted on Holowan, so I suppose that means people can use them, although asking her directly wouldn't hurt. As for my versions, if you need them for whatever reason, yeah, you can use them with credit.
 Darkkender
08-06-2006, 1:33 PM
The scripts would be considered a no-permission needed resource at the forums as long as they are using default functions within NWscript.nss if they are functions that are prefixed with something like "ST_" then you would want stoffe's permission because you would Stoffe's include files.
 Princess Artemis
08-06-2006, 1:51 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. stoffe's versions of those two scripts are mainly organized with comments and she changed a couple scenes so they wouldn't fire, there's nothing she added that had new functions.

Is it OK to ask for credit if someone wishes to use a standard script that I've heavily edited but uses no new functions? I think I changed and added 14 cutscenes in those scripts. If that's not the case, then I guess that's OK, it was just a lot of work making the changes. If someone wants to use them, I'm quite cool with it, since it means they want to make something compatible with my mod, and that's always going to be cool with me.
 Pavlos
08-06-2006, 4:55 PM
To be honest, PA, I don't think censoring the mod is that great an idea. Sometimes, in order to convey a feeling, you have to use certain... expletives. The language is only mild, and very mild at that. If others are offended, as Lit Ridl is, it may be an idea to put a warning at the top of your thread. Although, you find that type of language in a U (Universal, suitable for all) rated film and the boards are generally rated PG-13, are they not?
 Princess Artemis
08-06-2006, 6:32 PM
Pavlos, I think you're right--honestly, we tried to come up with something that would work better, but in that situation, there just wasn't another word to use. In the scene with Mandalore, we could change it (there are plenty of other insults to use in that case), maybe not so much with Atton since they probably were thinking of words a thousand times worse.

Anyway, I'll add a warning, just in case.
 JediMike
08-27-2006, 4:08 PM
Hello! I'm new here and I have a question about downloading this. Whenever I click the download button at those links that you wrote I can download them, but all that comes up is a internet explorer page that when you click on it, it ends up going nowhere at all. Can someone help please? Oh and I also want to know about the TSLPatcher thing you mentioned. Someone come back soon, thanks!

JediMike
 Princess Artemis
08-27-2006, 4:22 PM
I'd suggest the PC Game Mods or my site link, since I know they're the most up-to-date version. On PC Game Mods, click Download when you get to the page. You might have to right-click and "Save as..." on the link to my site.

TSLPatcher makes it so the mod is compatible with other mods and so I could make a custom Dustil that doesn't rely on the Dustil in game and leaves his .2da line alone. To use it, un-rar the mod into it's own folder (make sure this folder contains TSLPatcher.exe, readme.txt, uninstall.txt, and three folders: tslpatchdata, Source, and Emergency De-Atton). Then, double-click on TSLPatcher, it will pop-up a window with the real (looong) readme in it. Read it, click "Install mod", then use the browser to go to your SWKotOR2 folder, and it will install everything for you.
 JediMike
08-27-2006, 4:27 PM
I downloaded it from PC Game mods and it gave me that little one page thing, but it says that it's 1887 KB so I believe it. I put it under the KOTOR II override folder, so am I done?

JediMike

Edit: Anyone here?

No other files showed up, no readme, nothing. Princess Artemis come here as soon as you can, thanks.

JediMike
 Princess Artemis
08-27-2006, 5:28 PM
I'm coming, I'm coming. I wasn't online.

Anyway, what you got was a .rar file. You have to get WinRar and extract the files (NOT in Override, somewhere else). Once you extract the files, you can then run TSLPatcher.
 Master Kavar
08-27-2006, 5:38 PM
I'm not having much luck...@_@ I have no scroll bar, and no install buttons.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Deus111/broken.jpg)

I thought at first there was something wrong with the installer, but this wasn't the only mod installer that wasn't working for me. Am I doing something wrong?
 Princess Artemis
08-27-2006, 5:52 PM
Weirdness, Master Kavar. Did my PM to you at KFM get lost in the mail? PM me here or grab my e-mail address off my site and I'll install it for you if you want. I don't have any idea why it would act like that...I don't think there's a size limit on the info.rtf...
 JediMike
08-27-2006, 6:12 PM
Sorry.

Anyway, what do I do to get the Winrar thing, and where do I put the files? And my TSLPatcher is also a a .rar file so where do I get a new one of those?

Thanks,
JediMike
 Princess Artemis
08-27-2006, 6:19 PM
Sorry.

Anyway, what do I do to get the Winrar thing, and where do I put the files? And my TSLPatcher is also a a .rar file so where do I get a new one of those?

Thanks,
JediMike

Go to http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm) , download WinRar. Then install it, double click on my mod file, then when it opens in a WinRar window, click extract and pick a place to put it. It would be best to put the NPC Dustil .rar file in a folder where you want it and let WinRar automatically create a new folder for it. A copy of TSLPatcher is provided with the mod; you don't need a new one.
 JediMike
08-27-2006, 6:22 PM
Okay thanks.

Edit: Okay I have a question that I've been wondering. On Telos where do you see or meet Dustil? Do you have to look for him or will he come to you. Thanks.

JediMike
 Mellow jedi
08-28-2006, 2:01 AM
i like this mod alot but im not going to install it no offense Princess Artemis but this mod replaces hk 47
statement:i hate the idea of being replaced by a meatbag
 Princess Artemis
08-28-2006, 2:07 AM
i like this mod alot but im not going to install it no offense Princess Artemis but this mod replaces hk 47
statement:i hate the idea of being replaced by a meatbag

Thanks for the honesty. If you wanted, you could always install it and only recruit Dustil for the Telos part...he won't replace HK there :) Or you could kill him for DS points and a very tidy sum of credits if he doesn't hand you your butt.
 Mellow jedi
08-29-2006, 12:02 AM
oh okay i will just i get get credits
 Dirtnose
08-30-2006, 3:11 PM
Brilliant Princess Artemis!!!!! Simply Brilliant... :sbdance
 Twytch
08-30-2006, 3:13 PM
First off, I love this file. Carth and Dustil Onasi are some of my favorite expanded universe characters.

But, where can I find him after he's removed from my party? I've looked almost everywhere...
 Princess Artemis
08-30-2006, 4:39 PM
Dirtnose: Thankya!

Twytch: I'm glad you like it :) If you had Dustil with you when he left your party, he should have told you where he was going. Anyway, he's on Korriban, he shouldn't be too hard to find, he's close enough to the Hawk so that you can just see his toes when you first walk on-planet. Sort of inbetween the Hawk and one of the tombs, standing near an outcropping of rocks.

If you can't find him on Korriban, you may have installed a mod that overwrote my k_701area_enter.ncs. If that's the case, make a backup of that file from your Override and copy/paste the one out of the Dustil mod's tslpatchdata. He'll show up then. Once you recruit him again, you can replace the file from whatever other mod. If it's ChAiNz.2da's Kreia robes mod, as soon as you set foot on Korriban, it should do what it needs to do, then you can replace his script with mine and Dustil will appear and the needed placeable for ChAiNz.2da's mod will also stay.
 Twytch
08-31-2006, 8:36 AM
Thanks.

Actually, he stayed with me up to boarding the shuttle to the Polar Plateau... He didn't say a thing, which was kind of strange.

Anyway, thanks for clearing this up. I love your work.
 Princess Artemis
08-31-2006, 10:57 AM
You're welcome :)

Ah, hmm...I just peeked at that dialogue again, there should have been a short conversation. Oddness. Did he say anything when Bao-Dur talks about how peaceful he find walking on Telos? Assuming he was close enough--if he's far away, he wouldn't have caused the dialogue to realize he was actually there. That happens sometimes.
 Vegard Aune
09-05-2006, 4:04 PM
I've just installed the mod and gotten to the point where Dustil first showed up. I must say, so far it looks good. It's a shame that there aren't any voices, but then again, somebody would need quite some patience to voice all of that stuff AND mix together all the lines that the other NPCs have...
 Princess Artemis
09-20-2006, 2:07 AM
Sorry so late, Vegard Aune, but thanks!

Yeah, it would have been nice to have VO, but it wouldn't have been possible. There is soooooo much dialogue in this that splicing together VO for the other characters would be both tedius and also awful. Then there would be tracking down someone who had enough Dustil in their voice to record...::sigh::
 Vegard Aune
09-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Sorry so late, Vegard Aune, but thanks!

Yeah, it would have been nice to have VO, but it wouldn't have been possible. There is soooooo much dialogue in this that splicing together VO for the other characters would be both tedius and also awful. Then there would be tracking down someone who had enough Dustil in their voice to record...::sigh::
Well, other people's lines COULD be changed, you know. I mean, nobody ever says "Visas" (Exept one line from Mira, but I've never heard it in-game.) and I can't see anyone complaining about that. But I can see how nobody would want to make NPC-lines though.... I tried to make ONE new line for Mandalore in a minor mod I did, and it was pretty hard.
 Darth InSidious
09-20-2006, 11:16 AM
How did I not notice this mod before?

Gonna try it out right away :)
 Princess Artemis
09-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Well, other people's lines COULD be changed, you know. I mean, nobody ever says "Visas" (Exept one line from Mira, but I've never heard it in-game.) and I can't see anyone complaining about that. But I can see how nobody would want to make NPC-lines though.... I tried to make ONE new line for Mandalore in a minor mod I did, and it was pretty hard.

I take it you haven't hit any of the heavy dialogue cutscenes. I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to tweak the dialogue in them so they used words that the other NPCs had said, still carry the same meaning, and then splice together something that didn't sound like an absolute wreck and ruin everything. I would have been thrilled if it were possible to satisfactorily put together spliced NPC dialogue and had someone willing to play VA for Dustil, but it just couldn't happen.

Darth InSidious, I hope you enjoy it :)
Page: 1 of 2