Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NPC Recruitable Dustil

Page: 2 of 2
 Vegard Aune
09-20-2006, 1:20 PM
I take it you haven't hit any of the heavy dialogue cutscenes. I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to tweak the dialogue in them so they used words that the other NPCs had said, still carry the same meaning, and then splice together something that didn't sound like an absolute wreck and ruin everything. I would have been thrilled if it were possible to satisfactorily put together spliced NPC dialogue and had someone willing to play VA for Dustil, but it just couldn't happen.

Darth InSidious, I hope you enjoy it :)
No, I haven't hit any heavy-dialogue-cutscenes, and I propably never will, as my game has started crashing constantly. I can hardly even play it anymore! :mad:

But when you put it that way, I suppose I'll just have to accept that it will be voiceless forever...
 Pavlos
09-21-2006, 5:05 AM
Sorry so late, Vegard Aune, but thanks!

Yeah, it would have been nice to have VO, but it wouldn't have been possible. There is soooooo much dialogue in this that splicing together VO for the other characters would be both tedius and also awful. Then there would be tracking down someone who had enough Dustil in their voice to record...::sigh::

Don't ever get involved in splicing party dialogues! I've gone insane doing this and it limits what kind of interactions you can have with them.
 Vegard Aune
09-21-2006, 9:50 AM
Don't ever get involved in splicing party dialogues! I've gone insane doing this and it limits what kind of interactions you can have with them.
You're right. As I said, just that ONE Mandalore-line was really hard to do. I don't understand how you actually manage to make it sound "perfect" by just combining different words for people.
 Darth Balor
09-27-2006, 9:00 AM
i wasnt able to find dustil on telos. yes i had a LSR help
 Princess Artemis
09-27-2006, 10:50 AM
He's on the surface, behind the crashed shuttle, near the first hidden cache and near the shield generator tower. He's not on Citadel.
 Darth Balor
09-27-2006, 12:22 PM
well im dum
 Princess Artemis
11-08-2006, 10:37 PM
ARRRRGH.

Of course, naturally, let me pound my head into a desk, there's a pretty major bug in the mod (easy enough to overlook--I was testing how the mod worked, not what would happen if it was installed and not used!! I plead insanity!) I will be attempting to fix the error (I'm expecting it to be an easy enough fix) soon and release a patch.

But, in the mean time, if (and ONLY if), you did not recruit Dustil on Telos OR are playing a DS Revan game with the mod installed, you'll have to go into Override and remove the file 'tr_shuttle.ncs'. That should take care of the problem, which is, basically, the game crashes for at least one person when it tries to load the Telos Plateau movie, something to that effect. I'm pretty sure I know why it does that, which is why I'm certain I can fix it, but for now, just yank the file.
 Princess Artemis
11-19-2006, 12:39 AM
I've added a new version of shuttle1.dlg to the patch file. I haven't tested it yet (hence why I don't have a v1.4 up yet), but what it does is check the globals to see if you recruited Dustil. If you didn't, then it won't fire the script needed to get rid of Dustil, so it should act the same way as if you never had the mod installed in the first place.

I'll test it soon, but I don't see why it wouldn't work (not that that's stopped a mod from blowing up in my face before ;) ) With the new shuttle1.dlg, it should work fine if you have the mod installed and decide to play a DS Revan game or don't recuit Dustil, so you may want to grab tr_shuttle.ncs and put it back in Override, provided you have the newest shuttle1.dlg, provided by the new patch file. Ideally, the mod should be able to be installed even if you chose not to use it on a play through, so hopefully this solves that problem.
 wilv
03-09-2007, 10:44 AM
I found Dustil and sure enough he had the wrong icon and regular clothing but lucky me all I had to do was adjust him w/ kse instead of installing the emergency patch
 Princess Artemis
03-09-2007, 11:05 AM
I honestly have no idea what causes that. I really wish I did. But yeah, KSE is a much better fix for it than running Emergency De-Atton. That's included for people who don't have KSE or don't know how to use it to change a character's appearance.
 wilv
03-09-2007, 1:17 PM
the mod conflicts with the baodur charged armor v.1 by chainz.2da you both have the same 231bdur.dlg. what ends up happening is that if u have the armor dlg dustil doesn't show but if you use the dustil dlg Bao will not start the conversation that places his armor in the inventory. I ended up using the dustil dlg and simply kse'd Bao's armor in.
 Princess Artemis
03-09-2007, 1:51 PM
Dustil doesn't show up at all if you have ChAiNz' Bao-Dur Charged Armor 231bdur.dlg?

I just want to clarify what effect it has on Dustil...for the Dustil mod, the dialogue isn't important; it's more of an icing on the cake thing, something to integrate Dustil into the story more (I fugured if he was there, he might have something to say about how the Force feels to him on Telos). I don't have the mod in question from ChAiNz.2da, so I can't look at what the dialogue does specifically, but I might have to look into it to see if it's seriously adversely affecting my mod.

If it's not, I'll just make a note of the incompatibility if I happen to update the mod again. So could you give me details about what it does to Dustil?
 wilv
03-09-2007, 4:20 PM
tried it again and now he's spawning even w/ the armor dlg. i did manually copy and paste all the mod files except for the 2da ones this time though but yesterday for some reason he just wouldnt show up. I tried to run throuhg it three times and nada. I'm just glad it's working now though cause this is one cool mod. I hada question though. when selecting revan's gender i picked female. My conversations with kreia about revan refered to revan as fem when i meet dustil his conversation refers to revan as male and after that point everyone starts to refer to revan as male. Any idea why?
 wilv
03-11-2007, 5:35 PM
wanted to also let you know that in nar shada dustil speaks hk lines for the air speeder side quest with hk's voice. Apparently if you have dustil in the party when you try and install the power cell he takes over hk's portion of that
 Princess Artemis
03-13-2007, 2:41 AM
tried it again and now he's spawning even w/ the armor dlg. i did manually copy and paste all the mod files except for the 2da ones this time though but yesterday for some reason he just wouldnt show up. I tried to run throuhg it three times and nada. I'm just glad it's working now though cause this is one cool mod. I hada question though. when selecting revan's gender i picked female. My conversations with kreia about revan refered to revan as fem when i meet dustil his conversation refers to revan as male and after that point everyone starts to refer to revan as male. Any idea why?

No, I've never heard of anyone having that problem. But then, you had problems with the mod from the get-go (I checked the 231bdur.dlg for the armor mod along with the script it fires, and couldn't see anything in it that would cause a problem--that mod shouldn't have anything to do with Dustil spawning since he spawns before the dialogue would be used--the mods, ideally, aren't incompatible if you install ChAiNz' after Dustil), so it's possible something weird happened. I'd suggest using KSE to set Revan female again; something may have happened that changed that global. If talking to Dustil keeps setting Revan male after that, I honestly couldn't tell you what to do about it--his dialogue only does global checks for Revan, it doesn't change any globals except the custom globals I made for him. I've tested him with both a male Revan and a female Revan since there are several bits of dialogue and some cut-scenes Revan's gender affects.

It sounds to me like something in your TSL install or other mods you might have is somehow interfering with scripts. That's not something I can help with, though.

Thanks for alerting me to another missed moment where he goes HK on people. ::tears hair:: I'll see if it's something I can fix, but it may not be--there are at least two other times that he he'll do that that I simply don't have the modding knowledge to fix (and in one case, when Kreia asks you to split the party on Dxun, it is impossible to change the choice from HK to Dustil), and this might be one of them. I don't know of any tools that can search TSL dialogue files for speaker tags, so even if I do manage to fix all of the instances I know about, another is bound to crop up. I know it's distracting and it irritates me that it happens and that I can't do anything about some of them. I will see if I can fix it, though.
 wilv
03-13-2007, 12:30 PM
No, I've never heard of anyone having that problem. But then, you had problems with the mod from the get-go (I checked the 231bdur.dlg for the armor mod along with the script it fires, and couldn't see anything in it that would cause a problem--that mod shouldn't have anything to do with Dustil spawning since he spawns before the dialogue would be used--the mods, ideally, aren't incompatible if you install ChAiNz' after Dustil), so it's possible something weird happened. I'd suggest using KSE to set Revan female again; something may have happened that changed that global. If talking to Dustil keeps setting Revan male after that, I honestly couldn't tell you what to do about it--his dialogue only does global checks for Revan, it doesn't change any globals except the custom globals I made for him. I've tested him with both a male Revan and a female Revan since there are several bits of dialogue and some cut-scenes Revan's gender affects.

It sounds to me like something in your TSL install or other mods you might have is somehow interfering with scripts. That's not something I can help with, though.

yea I had a few mods running at once and i think that may be the problem. I went ahead and deleted all my mods and made a basic override folder with just some head mods and eye mods and the Dustil mod works fine except for the armor thing still not showing up for me. He still shows up in regular clothes. I guess I'll have to make a few overrides for different mods and save em to disk and just install the mod I want when i want to play it, lol. I had this game for xbox before and just got t for pc so i'm like a kid in a candy store with all these cool mods. lol
 Thrak1977
04-07-2007, 5:48 PM
I just played through TSL with this mod for the first time. Great job on working Dustil into the storie. I loved the mod.

Like most, I'm an HK-47 fan. However, HK is kinda pointless in a light side game so Dustil's personilty fills the void nicely.

I had 1 problem happen with the mod. I finished putting HK together after picking up Dustil on Korabon and HK replaced Dustil in my group. I saved just before I put HK together so it wasn't a big deal. Just figured I would let you know.

Thanks again for all the hard work that went into this wonderful mod.
 Gargoyle King
04-07-2007, 5:53 PM
I just played through TSL with this mod for the first time. Great job on working Dustil into the storie. I loved the mod.

Like most, I'm an HK-47 fan. However, HK is kinda pointless in a light side game so Dustil's personilty fills the void nicely.

I had 1 problem happen with the mod. I finished putting HK together after picking up Dustil on Korabon and HK replaced Dustil in my group. I saved just before I put HK together so it wasn't a big deal. Just figured I would let you know.

Thanks again for all the hard work that went into this wonderful mod.

One question, if Dustil replaces HK-47, how did you finish building him after you got Dustil? Regarding the problem; it could just be a problem in the scripting code, that's all - i'm sure the author of the mod will rectify the mod in future renditions.
 Thrak1977
04-07-2007, 6:39 PM
One question, if Dustil replaces HK-47, how did you finish building him after you got Dustil? Regarding the problem; it could just be a problem in the scripting code, that's all - i'm sure the author of the mod will rectify the mod in future renditions.

HK is still on the ship waiting to be rebuilt. As I understand it, HK will stick around on the ship if you build him then get Dustil. The write up for the mod says HK still has all his cut sences.
 Princess Artemis
04-07-2007, 7:15 PM
Once you have Dustil in the party off Korriban, there should be no way to get HK in the party. You can still repair him and it should say "[HK-47 will now stealthily patrol the Ebon Hawk.]" If you repair him before getting recruiting Dustil on Korriban, it should say, "[HK-47 has joined your party. His few remaining assassination protocols allow him to do more damage to opponents with blasters and rifles.]" Right now which one you get is based on the global conditional check c_npc_avail = 5 (which is HK's slot--in other words, if someone is in that slot, HK won't join the party). I could change the conditional check to c_global_eq = 2 then set Dustil_Recruit to 2 if the other is causing problems. I'm pretty sure I chose to use c_npc_avail so that if one never encountered Dustil at all, it wouldn't change how HK reacts.

It's possible that Thrak1977 has an hk47.dlg in Override that caused a problem, or perhaps something goofed (Thrak1977, I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm sorry you ran into a problem with rebuilding HK--he does have several cut scenes including one with Dustil)...but I don't think it's on my end because I did test that part quite a bit to make sure HK couldn't replace Dustil.
 Thrak1977
04-08-2007, 12:55 AM
It's possible that Thrak1977 has an hk47.dlg in Override that caused a problem, or perhaps something goofed (Thrak1977, I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm sorry you ran into a problem with rebuilding HK--he does have several cut scenes including one with Dustil)...but I don't think it's on my end because I did test that part quite a bit to make sure HK couldn't replace Dustil.

I'm almost 100% positive that I have an hk47.dlg in my override somewhere. It's been a while sence I cleaned it out.

I'm planing on doing a fresh install to clear up some other problems I've had, so I'll get to see the Dustil/HK sences after that's done.
 Princess Artemis
04-08-2007, 1:04 AM
I'm almost 100% positive that I have an hk47.dlg in my override somewhere. It's been a while sence I cleaned it out.

I'm planing on doing a fresh install to clear up some other problems I've had, so I'll get to see the Dustil/HK sences after that's done.

You do need an hk47.dlg in order to be able to repair HK after recruiting Dustil, it just has to be the one from the Dustil recruit mod. If the new install doesn't work, let me know and I'll see about changing the way the HK dialogue handles things if you've recruited Dustil.
 Thrak1977
04-08-2007, 1:41 PM
You do need an hk47.dlg in order to be able to repair HK after recruiting Dustil, it just has to be the one from the Dustil recruit mod. If the new install doesn't work, let me know and I'll see about changing the way the HK dialogue handles things if you've recruited Dustil.

Did a clean install and got to Korabon using only this mod today. Still had the problem of HK replacing Dustil if I put him together after I had Dustil on the team. On the upside, everything works perfict when I put HK together then go get Dustil.

I did have to cheat to get the HK parts without playing through all of Nar Shaddaa. The only 2 things I did to my game before testing the mod were enabling cheats, so I could get the HK parts, and patching. I'm not sure if eather of thoughs could be causing the isue.

As I sed before, I consider this to be a prity small isue, expecialy if I'm the only one having this problem. I'll just be sure to put HK together before picking up Dustil on Korabon.

On a lighter note, I almost hurt myself laughing at the HK/Dustil meeting.

You did a wonderful job on this mod and I will deffently keep using it whenever I play a lightside game.
 Princess Artemis
04-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Try installing the hk47.dlg from the patch file I just updated. I think changing the conditional should work. Here's (http://www.princessartemis.com/images/mods/PA_K2_Dustil_Patch.rar) the patch. I haven't been able to get to fixing any of the new times he talks like HK yet, sorry all.

Glad you got a kick out of the Dustil/HK scene--we had fun writing it :)
 Thrak1977
04-09-2007, 9:33 PM
Try installing the hk47.dlg from the patch file I just updated. I think changing the conditional should work. Here's (http://www.princessartemis.com/images/mods/PA_K2_Dustil_Patch.rar) the patch. I haven't been able to get to fixing any of the new times he talks like HK yet, sorry all.

Still having the same problem.

It ocures to me that a bit more detail about the problem I'm having may be using.

Instead of starting the opaning convershion with HK after I finish fixing him, the game faids to black and starts a chat with Dustil just as if I had walked up to Dustil and clicked on him to talk. The screan stays black durning and after the convershion with Dustil, and as far as I can tell I am unable to move around the ship. The only way I have found to clear the backed out screan is to save and exit the game. When I reloud from the save I can see again but HK has replaced Dustil. Dustil is still on the ship, but when I leave the ship it's HK that's in the party window not Dustil and if I pick HK to go with me I get HK in the party.

I hope the added detail helps. Sorry it wasn't in my first post.

Thrak1977

ps. Text isn't my best form of comunication. I hope this hasn't be to hard to understand.
 Princess Artemis
04-09-2007, 9:43 PM
Still having the same problem.

It ocures to me that a bit more detail about the problem I'm having may be using.

Instead of starting the opaning convershion with HK after I finish fixing him, the game faids to black and starts a chat with Dustil just as if I had walked up to Dustil and clicked on him to talk. The screan stays black durning and after the convershion with Dustil, and as far as I can tell I am unable to move around the ship. The only way I have found to clear the backed out screan is to save and exit the game. When I reloud from the save I can see again but HK has replaced Dustil. Dustil is still on the ship, but when I leave the ship it's HK that's in the party window not Dustil and if I pick HK to go with me I get HK in the party.

I hope the added detail helps. Sorry it wasn't in my first post.

Thrak1977

ps. Text isn't my best form of comunication. I hope this hasn't be to hard to understand.

Ohhh...huh. I don't know what would be causing that; when I've tested it, I fix HK, it fades to black, then a conversation with HK starts. I'll poke around and see what script is firing to cause that, maybe something is making it act weird. Thanks for the additional info!

Edit: Fixed it! Thanks Thrak1977. Anyone else having a similar problem or hoping to avoid it should download the patch which is on the first post.
 JediMike
05-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Okay, I finally got this downloaded (the right way), and I can't find Dustil on Telos? Does anyone know where he is? If you don't want to spoil it on this thread, contact me at: [PM me]

Mod note: Please do not post email addresses on the forums; it will invite harvesting spam bots. You can use the private message function or enable people to send you emails via your profile instead. ~M
 Princess Artemis
05-13-2007, 10:51 PM
He's on the surface of Telos, right around the corner behind the crashed shuttle.
 Nevalie
05-23-2007, 11:31 AM
I've just downloaded the mod, put all things in the right directory and haven't got problems in finding Dustil. But when I want to speak to him, it does not show the text lines, so I had to guess, which keys (1, 2 and so on) I have to press, to talk to him. Again there wasn't a text.
One time I had to fight against him, the other time I've got influence with Atton, the other time I lost it...and so on.
I tried to get the right choice by reading the dlg-file, but it's to confusing for me. The only other mod, that is installend, is your cati mod. (I had to download it, cause I love the fanfic)

I really don't know, what to do now :(
 Princess Artemis
05-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Do you have captioning turned on? If not, you'll be completely lost as far as the content goes.

If you have no other mods except Cati, and captioning is on, then I'm quite lost as to why text wouldn't show up. The only thing I can think of is that you don't have captioning turned on for the game. This mod can't be played properly without captions, there's just too much dialogue and there was no way to voice it all. I don't think what language you play in would matter either since none of the dialogue refs dialog.tlk.

(Incidentally, for maximum enjoyment of Cati mod, you'll need captioning on, too--she has things to 'say'.)
 Nevalie
05-23-2007, 11:44 AM
That was, what I thought first, altough it was on before. So I looked for it in the options, tested it, but nothing. After speaking to Dustil, I tried it by speaking to Bao-Dur and Atton, both time the text was there :(

I will uninstall it now once again it test it again, maybe there is a bug or... I don't know. I hope, it'll work then :(
 Princess Artemis
05-23-2007, 12:09 PM
::headscratch:: ::goes to hunt around Holowan::

I see that you're located in Germany, so you might be running across an issue of the .dlg files being coded for English. So I poked around and found this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=145725)

That appears to be a tool that you can use to change all the English refs in the Dustil mod .dlg and .uti files to the language you're running KotOR in. Maybe that would help?
 Nevalie
05-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Great! Thanks! It works.
Sometimes I'm really to blind, I think. I should think the next time more, before posting. Thank's for your help :)
 Princess Artemis
05-23-2007, 12:26 PM
You're welcome! But thank you for posting--it had never occurred to me that this was even possible as an issue, so as a result, I'm going to go through my mods and make sure the files will display text in every language available. I'll post a patch for this as soon as I can in case you didn't get to converting all of the files that would be needed. So thank you for bringing the issue to my attention!
 Jaden Kenobi
06-17-2007, 11:50 AM
I have been trying to install K2_Dustil_PC by Princess Artemis using the TSLPatcher and its does everything right until it reachs this line "compiling modified script tmp_k_pcroomfordlg.nss..." and its stays like that for quite sometime I eventually get tired of waiting and turn it off, so I would like to know if Im just impatinte enough to wait or is it some problem with it.
 Shadow51689
09-03-2007, 6:19 PM
I've installed your Recruitable Dustil mod for my new TSL game, and have just completed it. I have to say, you've done a wonderful job working Dustil into the game! There were no issues that I noticed.

I think this is by far, the best recruit mod I've tried for TSL, I love all the cutscenes with Dustil meeting the other crew members of the Ebon Hawk, and had quite a laugh with the Mical - Dustil one. Also, the new crystal is quite nifty, I stuck one in on my PC's doublebladed saber, and it looked quite awesome. Kept it right up to the endgame.

Are there any ways to gain/lose influence with Dustil, or learn more about his past (which K1 players already know but meh) that I missed? Honestly, I'm not bothered by the fact that he replaces HK. Other than for the occasional comic relief, I found HK rather useless, especially since a lot of his scenes were cut in TSL.

Now, to play as a male, and see what he has to say to the Handmaiden, and maybe Hanharr, hehe. Definitely, a quality mod!
 Princess Artemis
09-03-2007, 6:52 PM
I have been trying to install K2_Dustil_PC by Princess Artemis using the TSLPatcher and its does everything right until it reachs this line "compiling modified script tmp_k_pcroomfordlg.nss..." and its stays like that for quite sometime I eventually get tired of waiting and turn it off, so I would like to know if Im just impatinte enough to wait or is it some problem with it.

I can't say I know why it would do that. Sorry I can't help with that. You might want to ask about it in the thread for TSL Patcher. It should move through that step very quickly, though it will throw back an error if you don't have cjt's PC Carth + Carth Items mod. If it does that, don't worry about it. If it's not compiling at all, that's a different problem entirely.

Shadow51689, thanks! I'll try to remember to pass this on to Jiara too.

To answer your question, no, you can't gain or lose influence with Dustil. There's one point where it's possible the game will say you've gained or lost with HK when you finally recruit Dustil, but that just sets him to no influence either way. He's not terribly interested in talking about his past anyhow. I made sure he wouldn't clam up if you finished going through his dialogue, just because it drove me nuts that everyone else in K2 had nothing to say after talking to them, but you might want to try talking to Dustil at different points in the game, as he might say a bit more or a bit less here and there.

He'll also say different things if Revan is set LSF or LSM.

Glad you liked the crystal--I thought it looked pretty spiffy; nice to know I'm not alone in that :)
 armelior
10-26-2007, 1:18 PM
Hello. I tried this mod once, the new dialogs and cutscenes are great, you made an exceptional job on this. The NPC is quite powerful but not overpowered, good balance. The new stuff is good too. So this is the best recruit mod for k2 (mekel being the one for k1). But...

But I couldn't finish my playthrough. I got stuck in onderon's palace. Kavar just kept speaking the dialog he had in the cantina, when you meet him on his computer (LS) or when you meet him in the throne room (DS). Having a heavily filled Override, I couldn't find what was wrong :mad: so I deleted all my mods and tried others.

I discovered lately that the file that causes the bug is kavar.dlg (it's also in another mod, that's how i found out when I got the same bug again).

Now I feel like doing another game with Onasi junior so my question is : is this file important for your mod ? What does he do ? If it's not important I'll just not install it.
 Princess Artemis
10-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh geeez...I thought I checked to be sure that dialogue file wasn't hindering anything. I guess I was wrong. All it does for the mod is make one less instance of Dustil sounding like HK-47. So you can take it out.

Sorry I'm so late in replying--fires nearby took out my Internet for a week : P
 armelior
10-29-2007, 3:01 PM
Ok thanks - no problem then, I will remove the file.
 devilhacker
03-27-2009, 12:37 PM
best recruitable mod for k2 ive ever played after recruitable kay (well she's for k1). its like adding a new plot for k2. im dare to say you are far better than obsidian. truly, i dont like how they make dustil (in cut-content) like a whiny kid. like showing us how carth failed (again) as a father and revan has no meaning to save him.

nevertheless, i like how you make dustil's interraction with other character. but i think it would be more interesting if....

....have more interraction and story outside the ebon hawk. for example on korriban, he can be your tourist guide since he's an ex-student.

....played an important part on malachor. i noticed that he can have more important role since he is the only crew who can make kreia worried and curious (other just a tool for her).
 Princess Artemis
03-27-2009, 1:28 PM
Thank you devilhacker! I'll pass that on to Jiara as well, I know she'll like hearing it. That was something we tried hard to do, make Dustil actually have a reason to be there outside of "Oh, cool, Dustil!", put him into the story in a meaningful way.

It would have been nice to incorporate him into things outside the Hawk. A Korriban tour guide would have been pretty interesting indeed, but the scope of the mod was already fairly large under the hood, and I didn't want to step on too many other mod toes. Still, I like that idea, and if I ever get a bug to update this mod THAT much, I'll look into how we might incorporate such things without too much hassle. It's probably possible to do it--Kriea tour guides, so the triggers are there, it should be possible to hijack them. (And I would love to add some snarky remark about how Dustil knew about the cave o' crazy a long time ago, but would never ever go in there because he's not that stupid :D )

There was a reason he had nothing to do with Malachor though. It was both for plot and mechanical. The reason for Dustil being there pretty much necessitated he not have anything to do with Malachor. That was just somewhere I did NOT want to deal with on the script-side. Granted, we LIKE the plot-effects of my wanting to prevent Exile from dragging Dustil's alignment all over the map, but anything beyond the plot he did have would have been messing around with a lot of the game, and didn't quite fit what we were doing with him.

Thanks for the suggestions though, I like them...they would have been nice to do, and at least the suggestion about Korriban might not be that hard to add, though I cannot at all say that we will add it. And I am very glad you like our mod :)
 devilhacker
04-14-2009, 6:45 AM
Thank you devilhacker! I'll pass that on to Jiara as well, I know she'll like hearing it. That was something we tried hard to do, make Dustil actually have a reason to be there outside of "Oh, cool, Dustil!", put him into the story in a meaningful way.

It would have been nice to incorporate him into things outside the Hawk. A Korriban tour guide would have been pretty interesting indeed, but the scope of the mod was already fairly large under the hood, and I didn't want to step on too many other mod toes. Still, I like that idea, and if I ever get a bug to update this mod THAT much, I'll look into how we might incorporate such things without too much hassle. It's probably possible to do it--Kriea tour guides, so the triggers are there, it should be possible to hijack them. (And I would love to add some snarky remark about how Dustil knew about the cave o' crazy a long time ago, but would never ever go in there because he's not that stupid :D )

There was a reason he had nothing to do with Malachor though. It was both for plot and mechanical. The reason for Dustil being there pretty much necessitated he not have anything to do with Malachor. That was just somewhere I did NOT want to deal with on the script-side. Granted, we LIKE the plot-effects of my wanting to prevent Exile from dragging Dustil's alignment all over the map, but anything beyond the plot he did have would have been messing around with a lot of the game, and didn't quite fit what we were doing with him.

Thanks for the suggestions though, I like them...they would have been nice to do, and at least the suggestion about Korriban might not be that hard to add, though I cannot at all say that we will add it. And I am very glad you like our mod :)

im waiting for it :thmbup1: oh yeah. and it could be interesting if he has a romantic feeling to female exile. :)
 Princess Artemis
04-14-2009, 1:53 PM
im waiting for it :thmbup1: oh yeah. and it could be interesting if he has a romantic feeling to female exile. :)

Don't hold your breath for it...it's just something possible, not something we'd necessarily do.

I think he's a little young for her? He's already flirts with her just for fun though, usually to mess with Disciple.
 Q
04-14-2009, 5:36 PM
It's good to see you here again, PA. :)

I noticed that I haven't posted in this thread even though I played this mod ages ago and thought that I should leave some feedback, since I always try to do so.

This is easily one of the best recruitment mods out there. I love how Dustil interacts with the party and the PC. You made him very believable even without VOs (which, given his level of interaction with everyone, would have been impossible). The cutscenes are really cool. This whole thing must have taken a lot thought and a lot of work. An excellent job.

This mod is first-class. :thumbsup:
 Princess Artemis
04-21-2009, 2:07 PM
Thanks Qliveur! We appreciate the feedback :) Personally, I'm surprised that it's so well received, but I am also very pleased; it was a lot of work. I'm glad people enjoy that work we put into it enough to say that it's one of the best recruit mods. Very glad you liked it.

I haven't been modding KotOR for a while, but I might continue some time.
Page: 2 of 2