Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Captain Piett

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Froth
07-05-2006, 3:56 AM
I'm currently playing Galactic Conquest as the Rebels and find that as soon as Captain Piett arrives at a battle in the Accuser all my large fleet containing two Mon Cal cruisers can do is retreat as Captain Piett's ship is invulnerable. Is there any way to defeat him?
 Grey_Ghost
07-05-2006, 1:09 PM
I haven't had this problem. Though when I encountered him he attacked a planet with an Ion which pretty much kept him out of the fight to the very end.
 srr
07-14-2006, 10:19 PM
target his shields with your y-wings/gunboats then blow him up w/mon cals. I have had a mon cal defeat the accuser before with some corvettes to kill fighters
 Valter
08-08-2006, 1:22 AM
Capt. Piett may be formidable because of his Proton Beam and his seemingly endless fleet of Tie fighters but a few Y-wings is all it takes to defeat him. Send in Y-wings to concentrate their firepower on the shield generator then move in the heavy cruisers to destroy the hangar bay and engines. In the mean time, have the y-wings destroy his turbolasers. This strategy will ALWAYS work unless he has tartans flanking him...in which case you are screwed.
 Star Destroyed
10-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Many times If i know I am going to lose to he and his fleet, I just concentrate everything on him so that when I go down, I at least take him with me. For me, he is quite easy, almost hardly worth noticing.
 cyrus77889
10-20-2006, 6:21 PM
if your still having trouble try building an ion cannon on the planet.

it certainly makes quite the difference
 Rust_Lord
10-22-2006, 9:34 PM
You have received a heap of good advice frothy that should keep you in good stead. All i can add is that, since you have Mon Cals, they work very well up close with ISDs, even if it is Piett. Just like in ROTJ, move in close, sending a Mon Cal on each side of him. Get around his rear and you can keep turning faster than he can. Use your frigates etc to keep whatever he is travelling with busy. Dont sit and slug it out with an ISD. They are weaker than a MC but they are at their most deadly when you do this since MCs rear turbolasers are not very accurate when firing forwards.

Ah, ive just noticed the date this thread was started and frankly I wouldnt have bothered but I cant resist someone in need. :P
 Relenzo2
02-03-2007, 5:57 PM
Peitt is awsome... We Are The Empire, why do you fricking Rebels always have an Ion Fricking cannon whenever Peitt comes along. STAND UP AND GET YOUR BUTTS KICKED LIKE MEN!
Page: 1 of 1