Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which console do you most want to succeed?

Page: 3 of 3
 TheMichal
10-27-2006, 3:24 PM
but You must realize (you are doomed :) ) that PS3 can be a BD player too and if You want to buy BD player the cost can cross 1000$

but the HDMI cable as additional accessories is stupid idea - 60% power of the console will go out by quality loss via chinche...
 kernan
10-29-2006, 8:39 PM
360, best price for the largest amount of games. plus if you want to mod then you don't have to buy a blu ray burner
 peachy1987
10-31-2006, 1:45 PM
definately the wii. already pre-ordered mine!
 MasterChief117
11-02-2006, 7:38 PM
the Wii shall rule all, screw micro

do you guys think that they will have battle front 2 for the Wii
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-05-2006, 5:17 AM
do you guys think that they will have battle front 2 for the Wii

No. Mainly due to the fact that it was not made for gamecube and it's already been out for a year.
 DarthWengle
11-17-2006, 4:20 PM
The Wii is going to change the world. Not just gaming. THE WORLD.
 The Sith'ari
11-28-2006, 12:26 AM
I sorta think that both Wii and xbox 360 are going to succeed. The two don't necessarily have to compete against each other, coz in my opinion they seem to target at different market segments- those who enjoy a new way of gaming and those who prioritise the audio and visual experience. The two consoles have very different advantages that will attract different audience. Personally I like both. But because of the fact that PC can be a close substitute to 360, with modding capabilities despite the need for upgrades, if I was ever to buy a console perhaps I'd try Wii. Without PC in consideration, 360 would be my choice- graphics is still the most important criterion for me.

While I see some of us here said that only the Wii is a next-gen console, because of its innovative gaming capabilities, I do not quite agree. No one said that a next-gen console has to offer a completely new way of gaming. The fact that the graphical abilities of xbox 360 and ps3 has evolved greatly compared to the current-generation machines could qualify them as next-gen. What I'm getting at is that there isn't a real definition for "next gen" gaming consoles, thus one shouldn't rely on it to decide which to buy. Ultimately, it should be the customer's own needs that are the deciding factors.
 thegreatjoshini
12-02-2006, 12:22 AM
I say PS3 will win because of the sheer number of features it has. I'm pretty sure you can't surf the web on the X-Box 360. The Wii will have crap graphics compared to the X-Box 360 and the PS3. The Wii's controller is the stupidest idea in video game history. Face it Nintendroids, the Wii is gonna tank just like the N64 and Gamecube. And for you X-Box lovers out there, all the best X-Box 360 games will also be available on a PC near you, so why should I waste my money on that? In short, PS3 PWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 thegreatjoshini
12-02-2006, 12:26 AM
Wii. It has an innovative play style, a cheap price, and all of the nintendo exclusive games.

Xbox 360 is simply terrible.

PS3 is OK, but its too expensive. It looks decent enough, but the price kills it. It does not have enough innovation or technological advances over the others to be worth triple the wii.

[/sarcasm]Yes the Wii's graphics are just as good as the PS3's [/end sarcasm]
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-02-2006, 1:30 PM
I say PS3 will win because of the sheer number of features it has.

Forgot about the price? I don't think you know how many features the Wii has. And I would know, do to the fact that I have one.

The Wii will have crap graphics compared to the X-Box 360 and the PS3.

The graphics are not that bad actually. Maybe compared to the PS3 and XBOX 360. But, they are not that bad once you actually play it.

The Wii's controller is the stupidest idea in video game history.

I disagree. And clearly a whole bunch of other people disagree too. The idea is innovative, and it's great to use.

And why waste your money on a PS3? There is nothing like being able to make burgers or cook meat on your PS3 and double your powerbill in the process. But, hey, suit yourself.
 thegreatjoshini
12-02-2006, 3:02 PM
Forgot about the price? I don't think you know how many features the Wii has. And I would know, do to the fact that I have one.

The graphics are not that bad actually. Maybe compared to the PS3 and XBOX 360. But, they are not that bad once you actually play it.

I disagree. And clearly a whole bunch of other people disagree too. The idea is innovative, and it's great to use.

And why waste your money on a PS3? There is nothing like being able to make burgers or cook meat on your PS3 and double your powerbill in the process. But, hey, suit yourself.

PS3 Features: Blue Ray Movies, DVD Movies, MP3 Playback, Ability to connect numerous devices (such as PSP, I-Pod, headset for online multiplayer, and many more items), Burning capabilities, Internet Browser, Photo Viewer, Hard Drive for storing movies and games you download from the Playstation Network, Wireless 6-Axis Controller, and quite a few more I can't think up off the top of my head.

Wii Features: Internet Browser, Photo Viewer, Innovative Controllers (I'll give you that one), Hard drive for storing virtual console games (unless I'm mistaken, and I'm not, you would need one to store those games).

So far by my count it looks like the PS3 is in the lead 9-4 in number of features. And no your precious Wii can't play DVD's.

I think the $600 price tag is more than worth it. Especially considering $600 is way under priced with normal Blue Ray players costing atleast $1000 or more.

You also are clearly not sane if you think Twilight Princess's graphics are even half as good as the graphics for MGS 4.

And just so you know, your powerbill won't go up just because you use a PS3. It doesn't consume any more electricity than the PS2. None of the consoles take up any more electricity than each other. It doesn't take very much to power a console. It would only consume an enormous amount of electricity if you left it on all the time. Of course, you would blow up your PS3 if you did that. Noone is stupid enough to do that and therefore that point is moot.
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-02-2006, 5:37 PM
So far by my count it looks like the PS3 is in the lead 9-4 in number of features. And no your precious Wii can't play DVD's.

So? Everybody has a DVD player nowadays, so what's the need for one?

You also are clearly not sane if you think Twilight Princess's graphics are even half as good as the graphics for MGS 4.

Well, they are need bad either. And some of the other games graphics are great too. And really, it's all about the gameplay. And the gameplay for the games on Wii are great.

And just so you know, your powerbill won't go up just because you use a PS3. It doesn't consume any more electricity than the PS2. None of the consoles take up any more electricity than each other. It doesn't take very much to power a console. It would only consume an enormous amount of electricity if you left it on all the time. Of course, you would blow up your PS3 if you did that. Noone is stupid enough to do that and therefore that point is moot.

Clearly you haven't read some the articles and reports on the PS3. It's consume double the power and heat of the Xbox 360.

Maybe if the PS3 was cheaper, it would be worth it, but I'll pass.
 ZeroXcape
12-06-2006, 4:07 PM
i got the wii, it's awesome. no one can beat me at tennis, bowling, or madden. has anyone tried red steel yet? i hear good and bad.

rumors have it that ps3 will be the last sony console, but it looks awesome. too bad it needs to be $400 cheaper.
 Terra
12-08-2006, 4:44 AM
I would just like to say I voted for PS3 for the following reasons:
Value for money: Yeah, most peoples arguments are that it is too expensive... BUT IT HAS BLU-RAY!1one. Blu-ray players are marketed as $1400 upwards as standalone packages last time i checked, yet the PS3 comes with one along with 200 gig discs, the only console with true HDMI and the highest resolution. The PS3 also has, IMO the best line-up of games, and will last the longest out of all the consoles.
Also, i see the Wii as more of a gadget which would get old really quickly... And i hate microsoft (ironic really since i use windows...)
 Daft Adidas
12-09-2006, 11:15 AM
i got the wii, it's awesome. no one can beat me at tennis, bowling, or madden. has anyone tried red steel yet? i hear good and bad.

rumors have it that ps3 will be the last sony console, but it looks awesome. too bad it needs to be $400 cheaper.

Ur right, it does need to be cheaper, Alot cheaper i hate XBOX coz they make u pay load of money for Online play + games are always realeased on 360 before any other console usually = wii looks cool and so does red steel :twogun:
 Rabish Bini
12-09-2006, 7:15 PM
360 for a few reasons:
-I already own a normal xbox and I love it
-Best/most realistic graphics
-Looks good
-Controllers feel good when your holding them
-I don't want a PS3 'cause most of the games for it are cartoony.
-I don't want a wii because, well, I can't come up with anything. I just don't want it.
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-10-2006, 7:11 PM
has anyone tried red steel yet? i hear good and bad.

I have it. It's meh. Like the "gunplay" for it is great. But the graphics are really buggy and the sword play is abysmal. And the game feels really different from most FPSs. Almost like a Saw-type of game at some points.

How's Madden? :p

-Best/most realistic graphics
-I don't want a PS3 'cause most of the games for it are cartoony.

I find the graphics for the PS3 better than the XBOX 360. I also think the graphics for the PS3 are not really cartoony at all. That's what I see at least.

Though, the XBOX 360 has some sick games like Gears of War and Halo 3.
 Johnpp
12-11-2006, 12:54 AM
I want X-box to suceed but I figure I want them all to suceed.Not that I'll ever get one ;p
 CSI
12-11-2006, 5:10 AM
X-Box perhaps...
 tk102
12-12-2006, 1:13 PM
Looks like the Wii is getting harder to find than the PS3.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5283)

So what happened? We were all expecting the insane PlayStation 3 demand to drive our country into anarchy for the rest of the entire year (which it did on day one). Nintendo completely stole Sony’s thunder, and then some – that’s what happened.

My opinion: I wish consoles would vanish and stop distracting from PC game development. ;)
 Mercid
12-20-2006, 2:47 AM
I'll try to get all of the facts in one post but I know I'll forget something so feel free to tell what I retardedly left out.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Firstly the Xbox 360(the one I know the most about): Lets see... Good processor speed, graphics card, nice controller(as far as I know, without the bells and whistles of the PS3 and Wii), good line-up of games this year, I’ve got gears of war and oblivion(Woot! TES lV:Oblivion!).

So I voted xbox, but I really think you should have an open mind about console's I know you can hate other console because they got an exclusive game that you REALY wanted, but its best just to concentrate on the games you have and those SUCKERS don't. :xp:
Right, now the Wii: Looks fun, from what I've seen it has some pretty kool games on it(redsteel) but I REALLY don't know enough about the wii to judge

all I know is that the people who say that the Wii suck's just because its graphics are sub-par are graphic whore's. :)
and the PS3: same as the wii, I aint done ma' studyn'. but one thing I DO know is that if Sony knocked down the price tag a couple hundred bucks there would be no competion of what everyone liked.

Also it amazes me that Sony managed to out corporate scum Bill gates!!! I thought that was impossible!!!
About the Console Vs. Pc wars: It just makes me sick to my stomach that people could be immature enough to brazenly despise something that they've probably never even tried.

from most of my experience its the Pc purists that hate consoles with a fury that usually start these wars, sure consoles were specifically designed to makes money for corporation's, and sure there's infighting among the consoles about which one is the best, but DAMN these Pc purists have a smug sense of superiority!

One reason I've found that they hate consoles is the games that they make on them that don't get transferred to pc, but seriously that could go both way's!(can you say "Might and magic: dark messiah"?). As I said I think it has something to do with a superiority complex.
 Rabish Bini
12-20-2006, 3:43 AM
Amen to that Mercid!
Although I disagree with Xbox 360/PS3 lovers being graphic whores. Why would they be that just because they like those consoles?
 MasterRoss08
12-20-2006, 4:10 AM
I think what Mercid meant about graphics deals with the wii and
one of its biggest complaints deals with graphics on how old school
it is compared to theres. The wii has a gamecube like graphics so its
not new age but hey they intended it for that. Nintendos big thing
was gameplay and I agree there. You want fun games to play. But
improved graphics wouldnt hurt. But I would put gameplay ahead of
graphics for sure. Gameplay was the big thing back in the day.
Graphics just came along with better technology.
 Mercid
12-20-2006, 5:47 AM
Amen to that Mercid!
Although I disagree with Xbox 360/PS3 lovers being graphic whores. Why would they be that just because they like those consoles?What I meant was that people who said the Wii sucked just because its graphics were sub-par were graphic you know what's.
I guess I should edit it so it makes more sense.
 Mercid
12-20-2006, 9:53 AM
Hey I found something that Nintendo fans probably already know.
It is big news for gamers that the Wii remote (Wiimote) for the Nintendo Wii will be compatible with some flash games. Nintendo will soon release a Web browser onto its latest console allowing users to browse the Web and play online games using the Wiimote.
Why does every Nex-Gen console have a browser except for xbox?
 King Dando
12-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Because Microsoft pretty much own the whole web-surfing thing anyway, alot of people still surf the net using Internet Explorer on computers which most of the time are running a Windows OS. Why bother spending time and money creating a web browser for Xbox 360, when you can just go into another room and surf the net from a computer using IE.

That being said, Sony are in direct competition with MS saying that PS3 will replace the desktop, so I guess if the competition ups a little, MS can always make an xbox version of IE or something?
 Negative Sun
01-09-2007, 3:16 PM
PS3 will replace the desktop??? lmao that's the funniest thing ever said!

My vote: Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!
 King Dando
01-10-2007, 6:23 PM
^ Sony sure do say some funny things :)
 Reclaimer
01-15-2007, 7:04 PM
Page: 3 of 3