Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR II music mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Torthane
06-29-2006, 7:21 PM
I have some very good music from a composer on the web and I am going to try to make a music mod for TSL. I was just wondering if anyone has done something like this before. Is it as simple as replacing the wave files in the 'streaming music' folder? Thanks!

P.S. Go to www.edgen.com) if you want to hear some of the composer's music.
 Lit Ridl
06-30-2006, 12:41 AM
Yes, it is simple replacing sounds in StramSounds. But be careful: make sure to give them the same names, or game will not understand. I don't know but if you want to export some original music from TSL you will need to decode it by RAD tools. Using music in game without any modification of it is illegal (As I remember.).
 Jackel
06-30-2006, 7:11 AM
I have some very good music from a composer on the web and I am going to try to make a music mod for TSL. I was just wondering if anyone has done something like this before. Is it as simple as replacing the wave files in the 'streaming music' folder? Thanks!

P.S. Go to www.edgen.com) if you want to hear some of the composer's music.
If you plan on releasing his mod to the public I would suggest contacting the composer and asking their permission. If you just use it to make your mod its kinda illegal and I'm pretty sure your thread would be closed for that. If you do have the persons permission or just want to make a personal mod then what Lit said is right, just change the names of the files to match the ones in streaming music folder.
 Torthane
06-30-2006, 2:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am going to ask the composer for permission first and if he says no I will just use it as a personal mod. Hopfully he will say yes though, because it is some great music and I think it would really change the mood for TSL. Anyway, thank you both very much for the help and advice.
 Torthane
07-02-2006, 8:40 PM
The mod is coming along well, I already have Peragus and citadel station fully modded. I've still got a long way to go (The game has 49 songs) but I am making good progress. I will be combining this with an extra content mod I am working on now.
 Mario1
07-10-2006, 3:11 PM
Sounds good. So you will replace the music in TSL with music from the Star Wars movies?
 The_Maker
07-10-2006, 3:54 PM
Hmmm, judging by the quality of the music on that website, I must say...

Holy Freaking Crap O_o

I just might get back into Kotor 2 if you finish this mod! =D
 Jackel
07-10-2006, 4:42 PM
Sounds good. So you will replace the music in TSL with music from the Star Wars movies?
No, as Torthane stated in his first post, he will be changing the music to music from this website: www.edgen.com)
 Torthane
07-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Update: I have changed the music all the way up to Duxun and Onderon, Nar Shadda has also been moded. Should be done pretty soon althought I'm afraid I will have to reuse a few of the songs. Once I get all of the songs done I will ask the composer's permission and if he's cool with it I will post it for general download. I also might throw in some small reskins, some extra equipment at the biggining of the game, and a GOTO mod (Changes GOTO to a confused android with new dialogue and equipment.) But if the xtra content is taking awhile I will release the music mod on its own. Estimated release date: should be ready before July 20th. More updates on the way.
 Fiestainabox
07-14-2006, 2:08 PM
Hey, I like That Halo 2 theme, its almost as good as the original, And the original Is amazing.
 Torthane
07-21-2006, 4:39 PM
Update: I am very nearly done with this mod. All of the battle tracks have been changed and I only have a few ambient and theme tracks left. Should be done in a couple of days, but unfortunatly the mod size will be about 150 mb. I will post again when the mod is done.
 The_Maker
07-22-2006, 8:19 PM
Yay. ^_^
 Torthane
07-24-2006, 4:34 PM
Update: My computer balked out on me so I wasn't able to work on this for a couple of days. Should be ready soon though.
 Torthane
08-01-2006, 1:52 PM
Update: The mod is finished! I have all of the files in a zip and I am ready to post it on the web. I will post agian when I have it uploaded.
 The_Maker
08-01-2006, 7:03 PM
Yay!

Make sure you make a thread in the Taris Upper City Emporium when it gets hosted ;)
 Fiestainabox
08-01-2006, 9:38 PM
I'm Definatly Excited about this mod. I can't wait for it.
 Torthane
08-03-2006, 7:53 PM
Update: The files have been submitted and should be up on lucasfiles.com in a couple of days if not sooner. I will post here again when they are up. If you can't wait that long the file can also be found at the following adress right now! Just cut and paste.

http://files.filefront.com/KOTOR_II_Music_Modzip/;5349341;;/fileinfo.html)

Feedback (positive or negative) is most welcome. And be sure to visit www.edgen.com) if you like what you hear in this mod.

Victory go with you,

Torthane
 The_Maker
08-04-2006, 12:08 AM
w00t!

*awaits for files to be listed on LucasFiles ^_^*
 Torthane
08-04-2006, 3:31 PM
The file is being uploaded to http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com) as well and should be up in a few days. I hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,

Torthane
 Kly
08-04-2006, 8:15 PM
dude this is awsome! Very cool! Thanks alot for the mod, it definetly creates a new mood to the game! nicee!
 SithRevan
08-04-2006, 10:24 PM
I just wanted to say nice mod, and that I need some help installing it so if anyone could help me that would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Page: 1 of 1