Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Units and planets seen in the trailer

Page: 1 of 1
 The_Eradicator
05-10-2006, 7:01 AM
the trailer has confirmed my worst fears: The SSD Eclipse will be in the hands of that noobish pirate. how dumb and innacurate from the developpers. i hope that in the campaigns the rebels will bever get to encounter that ship and that i will be captured by the emperor so the story corectly match the dark Empire series

Anyway seen in the trailer were

B Wing
SSD
Virago fighters
Dark troopers
IG 88
Hapes battle cruiser
Eventually Talon Karrde (or was it that unknown pirate lord)
Juggernaught

Honoghr
Selucami
The Maw (which is supposed to be near Kessel... once again there is an unacuracy)

A shame that it appears that the Dreadnaught isnt here
 Destroyder121
05-10-2006, 8:11 AM
I think i saw something that looked like a Droid Deka, seems to be Zann will be wielding some Clone Wars era weaponry, like the Clone Juggernaught(i think thats the name for that vehicle..)
 The_Eradicator
05-10-2006, 8:23 AM
yeah it apears too .. I also made a frame by frame look at the trailer and it appears that not only the population cap for battles have been increased, but it looks like the Venator is in !!

I saw the folowing planets too : Mandalore and Hypori

Though i still persist on saying that they should replace Honoghr's location with Maw's
 Igor_Cavkov
05-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Man whos that chick with the wip looks cool!
 The_Eradicator
05-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Rofl ... after the laser sworf, the laser wip
 Dark Sad Shadow
05-10-2006, 11:16 AM
mmmm laser whip...... mmmmmmmmmm XD

i hope this expansion improves the graphics :D
 Sithman1138
05-10-2006, 12:03 PM
I know it wasn't in the trailer but they said the regular SSDtoo. Or not? I think i saw a regular droid. With some fire juck coming out of him
 The_Eradicator
05-10-2006, 12:08 PM
the SSD Executor is also in the trailer.... the droid you are talking about is Bounty hunter IG88 (certainly a hero)
 lukeiamyourdad
05-10-2006, 12:30 PM
mmmm laser whip...... mmmmmmmmmm XD

i hope this expansion improves the graphics :D

Hmm what the hell are you doing here! Shoo! You shouldn't come back now! XD

Where is the Venator? I can't spot anything that looks like it.
 usul
05-10-2006, 1:26 PM
from the screenshots, theres definitly executor, but it looks like a background object, but in another screen you can definitly start blow it up hardpoint by hardpoint.
Here's what I am finding there:

Shot 1
Executor
New Mon Cal class(maybe just home one)
Pirate ship with weird projectile

Shot 2
Felucia
Tyber Zann or whoever
Pirate troopers

Shot 3
Aforementioned pirate ship and viragos

Shot 4
Felucia
Dark Troopers(either that or the empire has some new super tall troopers)
droidekas
pirate tanks, firing another weird projectile

Shot 5
3-way battle
New blue projectile
Home one is bigger(which is why i think the mon cal in shot 2 is a new class)
New pirate ship firing those orange-yellow projectiles
b-wings

Shot 6
Pirate Heroes(one looks like IG-88)

Shot 7
Observe small home one
ships looked rescaled
that planet doesn't look like endor to me

Shot 8
Pirate airspeeder with new type of laser

Shot 9
Yoda
Boba Fett ground units in addition to the hero
some weird looking hero
new trade routes that can extend into enemy territory(maybe the pirate's victory condition is to get teh yellow glow around everything)
Salucami
Honghor
THe Maw
Felucia
Mandalore

Shot 10
Ig-88
jungle troopers
juggernaut
 The_Eradicator
05-10-2006, 1:27 PM
First of all, the venator is on the very far side of the battle where you can see the back of an isd on the forefront Secondly, its on the pirate interface in the screenshots
 jonesyjonez
05-10-2006, 1:29 PM
I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, so I will.

Eclipse Super Star Destroyer...firing it's superlaser.
 wedge2211
05-10-2006, 2:21 PM
Thank god we get regular SSDs, too, and not jsut the stupid-looking comic book ones.

Anyone else notice that the Rebels have TWO Y-Wing icons on the galactic interface in the trailer?
 Darth_Torpid-PG
05-10-2006, 2:36 PM
Though i still persist on saying that they should replace Honoghr's location with Maw's

Whoops! My bad....(dives into the XML)...
 Xyvik
05-10-2006, 2:55 PM
The IG-2000 was in there, or whatever IG-88's craft was called, I forgot.

The presense of all those Viragos is disturbing. I hope to high heaven that they have them as they are supposed to be, aka MandalMotors StarViper, and not what Kotor2 did, aka calling them "Basilisks."

For those not gifted in the knowledge of Mandalorian warcraft, the "Basilisk" in K2 was not anything close. THIS (http://rpggamer.org/shippics/basilisk.jpg) is a Basilisk War Droid. So any devs reading this, please make sure you name the StarVipers correctly. I'd really not like to hate this expansion pack, because I'm really looking forward to it.
 Theenglishguru
05-10-2006, 3:10 PM
Where is a Hapan Battle Cruiser?!
 Yesh
05-10-2006, 3:24 PM
from the screenshots, theres definitly executor, but it looks like a background object, but in another screen you can definitly start blow it up hardpoint by hardpoint.
Here's what I am finding there:
Shot 9
Yoda

Where exactly is yoda. I don't recall seeing him at all.
 Darth_Torpid-PG
05-10-2006, 3:34 PM
The presense of all those Viragos is disturbing. I hope to high heaven that they have them as they are supposed to be, aka MandalMotors StarViper, and not what Kotor2 did, aka calling them "Basilisks."...So any devs reading this, please make sure you name the StarVipers correctly. I'd really not like to hate this expansion pack, because I'm really looking forward to it.

Already done. They are refered to as Mandalorian Starviper Fighters in the game.
 popcorn2008
05-10-2006, 4:51 PM
You can see Yoda on a planet when they view the galatic map.
 Foshjedi2004
05-10-2006, 5:16 PM
He's On tatooine training luke ;)

Overall the Expansion Looks Sound. The timeline is from Endor to around 6.5ABY

I say 6.5 aby because that was when the Partially constructed Eclipse was moved from Kuat to Byss by Lira Wessex when the NR invaded.
 saalkin
05-10-2006, 5:50 PM
Looks like an upgaded droid deka.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/saalkin/droid.jpg)
 popcorn2008
05-10-2006, 6:07 PM
Oh BTW... for those who said they saw a Venator.

Delphi-PG has already confirmed over at the PFF, that the Venator is indeed NOT inside the expansion. :(
 WarlokLord
05-10-2006, 6:08 PM
The Executor is there... I believe the pirate/thug faction is in pursuit of their own Super Star Destroyer starship, something on par with the Executor but possessing a massive beam weapon capability. Probably not a planet-killer, but certainly a ship-killer.

My guess.

Based on that observation, I would not say that the Empire is losing Vader`s flagship. I also have trust in Petroglyph to not screw up anything so fundamental (!).
 Darth_Torpid-PG
05-10-2006, 6:20 PM
Based on that observation, I would not say that the Empire is losing Vader`s flagship. I also have trust in Petroglyph to not screw up anything so fundamental (!).

Keep in mind that the screen shots were taken from the E3 demo, and those things are always sped up (you only have a limited amount of time to show a lot of stuff). Also, no balancing was done on any units yet - the ones in the vid are functional but not anywhere close to where they will be in the final product.

Oh and lastly, if the Empire lets Tyber get enough of those new ships onto the battlefield, the Executor will be in trouble :D

Hmm...after re-reading, I guess I misunderstood. No, Tyber does not steal the Executor. That would break canon lore, and we know how many of you feel about that :D
 WarlokLord
05-10-2006, 6:39 PM
. That would break canon lore, and we know how many of you feel about that :D

... Which would then require use of the can(n)on...
 Xyvik
05-10-2006, 6:51 PM
Already done. They are refered to as Mandalorian Starviper Fighters in the game.

THANK the heavens above!! My sincerest congratulations to you, I am now officially going to buy this expansion pack.

*runs around cheering madly*
 Nakatomi2010
05-10-2006, 9:19 PM
I want my 'It's a Trap'™ slot, where the Imperials can hide a SINGLE fleet around one planet in the entire galaxy, where even recon doesn't see it, can't be a MASSIVE fleet as it'd be hard to hide, but enough to put up an unexpected fight and give the attacker a bloody nose.... Limit it by pop cap size, so the 'It's a Trap'™ slot would have a limit of say 20-35 pop cap points... Not enough to win the fight, but enough the make the enemy think about retreating or commiting with a secondary fleet on standby....
 Igor_Cavkov
05-10-2006, 10:01 PM
great idea Nakatomi! :D
 jedimasterjesse
05-10-2006, 10:15 PM
I just really hope that the Eclipse-Star destroyer doesnt fall into the hands of A pirate. Also, I hope that we can play as Rebs, Imps, OR this Tyber Zann. (Cough Timothy Zahn, you mean cough). Anywhoo, The emporer wouldnt let the Eclipse fall into anybodys hands. That'd be like Tyber Zann getting his hands on Either of the death stars. Its jsut not realistic. At all. I can handle SOME non-realism, but a random pirate getting the Emporer's most powerful ship ever? Not without about 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of those droidekas we saw. THEN he migth stand a chance. Maybe. Or not.
 popcorn2008
05-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Anyone else notice that the Rebels have TWO Y-Wing icons on the galactic interface in the trailer?
I bet it's a place holder for the B-Wing :)

Also, I hope that we can play as Rebs, Imps, OR this Tyber Zann.
You can play either of these sides in Galatic Conquest or Skirmish, but for the single player game only Tyber's side will be available.
 The_Eradicator
05-11-2006, 6:24 AM
After a deep thought, i think that the Eclipse will only be playable in the pirate campaign once the emperor is dead
 Dark Sad Shadow
05-11-2006, 10:02 AM
mmm droidekas, ssds, ARGHH bring it on!!!!
now another thing, they should give the calamarians their respective hangars so they can deploy x , y, b and a wings :D

Hmm what the hell are you doing here! Shoo! You shouldn't come back now! XD

Ejem.. muajaja the milkman still alive ;)
 Admiral Sith
05-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Boba Fett ground units in addition to the hero

No, one of the Devs said that was just a placeholder for some Pirate mercenaries/bh(or was it just a moderator? I have horrible memory)
 gswift
05-11-2006, 1:25 PM
I just read something on GameSpot from their private preview, so this isn't from the trailer, but I don't see any better thread to post this in. They said they watched the corruption forces bribe a "Transport Tank", load units onto the tank, and sneak past a defensive turret inside the tank. Cool, finally land transports that can be loaded and unloaded. Maybe there will be space transports too?

One thing I noticed about the trailer: They are being VERY carefull NOT to show us any hint of the tactical combat user interface. I'm hoping to see some changes there. Can any of the devs comment on possible changes to the GUI in combat mode at this time? I'd really like to see all of my units displayed at the bottom of the screen, and just highlight the ones that are selected at any one time. Maybe even display the quick-grouping numbers at the bottom as well. Has this been considdered for the expansion?
 Palpatine_dc
05-11-2006, 2:10 PM
Where is a Hapan Battle Cruiser?!

There is no Hapan Battle Dragon in the trailer that's just an optical illusion. These are 2 shots I made from the trailer, and in the first it does look vaguely like a battle dragon. But the second one is several seconds later and shows that they are really a couple of destroyers and cruisers fighting in the distance.

Lookes like a Battle Dragon (http://www.imagebucket.net/images/Palpatinedc/socalledbattledragon1.jpg)

But are just a distant battle (http://www.imagebucket.net/images/Palpatinedc/socalledbattledragon2.jpg)

Off course, just because it's not in the trailer, doesn't mean it's not in the game. Thorpid has all ready said that we haven't seen it all yet.

I didn't see him in the trailer either, but on the LucasArts site you can see a screenshot of the Galactic map with an icon of Yoda on Tatooпne
Lucasarts site (http://www.lucasarts.com/)
 Darth_Torpid-PG
05-11-2006, 2:17 PM
Sorry no Hapan ships in the game, but since IGN already revealed Yoda, I can say that yes, he's there :)
 Darth_Torpid-PG
05-11-2006, 2:21 PM
One thing I noticed about the trailer: They are being VERY carefull NOT to show us any hint of the tactical combat user interface. I'm hoping to see some changes there. Can any of the devs comment on possible changes to the GUI in combat mode at this time? I'd really like to see all of my units displayed at the bottom of the screen, and just highlight the ones that are selected at any one time. Maybe even display the quick-grouping numbers at the bottom as well. Has this been considdered for the expansion?

So far the changes to the tactical interface have only been made to support new units/powers. The galactic interface got a whole bunch of new stuff, but we'll tell you more about that later. For E3 and screen shots they usually turn off the interface so that more of the action is visible, which is why you don't see it in the video. I'm sure Delphi will want to do a pass through the interface, so I'll pass along your suggestions.
 The_Eradicator
05-12-2006, 5:32 AM
LOL IGN did not reveal Yoda. Lucasarts did as he is shown in the galactic map on tatooine as an enemy unit in the screenshots
 Admiral Raven
05-13-2006, 8:03 AM
This isn't a unit but it is something I haven't seen mentioned by anyone yet. In the E3 presentation you see them using orbital bombardment and alot of people were asking for that so it should be cool!
 Darth Anarch
05-13-2006, 9:29 AM
With orbital bombardment as a gameplay option the planetary shields will suddenly become one of the most important buildings you can have. Sweet. :)

I hope this is an option that will be available to all factions and not just the Underworld.
Page: 1 of 1