Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Planet Databank

Page: 1 of 1
 Diego Varen
05-02-2006, 1:21 AM
This is inspired by Reclaimer's Character Databank. There is also one in Jedi Knight Role-Playing. This won't be as popular as the Character Databank, because most people create Characters more than Planets. Basically, if you've made any Planets for an RP, post it here.

(Could a Mod sticky this?)
 Alkonium
05-02-2006, 8:16 AM
Interesting idea, although I personally prefer to use planets that already exist in my stories and RPs.
 The Doctor
05-02-2006, 6:28 PM
Well, I invented Tanesh for Warriors of the Force. It's the human homeworld. I'm still writing the planet's history, but it's coming.

Tanesh is the third planet in its solar system. It is the largest of its planetary system's terrestrial planets and the only place in the universe known to currently support life. It has a single sattelite, known to its inhabitants by Goltana. In the ancient tribal religions of the planet, Goltana was worshipped as the resting place of the various Gods of the individual clans.

Tanesh supports various forms of life. The only sentient life on the planet is a race calling themselves humans. Some religous cults beleive that the human race did not originate on Tanesh, but were brought there - reasons vary, but the most prevelant one is the believe that the Gods removed them from their true home planet to protect them from a cataclysmic war that engulfed their first home.

There are many different biome regions on the planet. At the extreme North and South polar regions, the landscape is covered in a think layer if ice. There are few humans living here, but some tribal peoples live a few kilometers under the ice. These tribes are extremely zenophobic, and have been known to attack outsiders on sight.
The equatorial region has never been fully explored, but it is believed that it is the home of several other violent tribes of human.

~There's more, but I can't type it up right now. I'll post it later.~
 Alkonium
05-02-2006, 6:31 PM
@The Doctor: Do you mind if I have Tanesh appear in The Sith Resurrection?
Well, I'm planning on doing an RP set on Coruscant, but set in a time in which it's even less technologically advanced than the real world is now, could that count?
 The Doctor
05-02-2006, 6:56 PM
Actually, I have plans for a long line of stories set on Tanesh... and I don't know what time frame they'll span. So, for now, I don't think it would be a good idea to have it aas a central part of anything else. If you're only going to mention it in passing or something, sure.
 Alkonium
05-02-2006, 7:01 PM
I know, not central thing, but maybe a battle or something. And besides, The Sith Resurrection is set furthest into the future of any RP here, right? You're not planning anything past the NJO, right?
 The Doctor
05-02-2006, 7:07 PM
Good point. Go ahead, you can use it.
 starmark2k
05-14-2006, 5:21 AM
Although not technically a planet i'll add the space-station i made up for the 'MC:AOTE' Thread as it's a location whitch others may chose to use.

A12 - 76
This commercial space station was built 30 years before the start of the Clone Wars and is located just off the 'Hydian Way' Trade route in the Outter Rim. Built and owned by moderate sized shipping company it has slowly been expanded over the years and was several levels including a commercial district for visitors.

However because of it's location it quickly became a haven for Smugglers and other illigitamate activities. It's location has also made it a stop off point for refugee freighters coming from the core and inner rim and heading towards worlds like Naboo, Tatooine, etc.

The Station also has a large Mercenarie industry located principly in a Cantina owned by a man By Zeek.
 Zhaboka
05-29-2006, 2:48 PM
Mravashe'ekko:

This secluded world in the outer rim is home to the insectile Trivk species, who are master robeweavers. They are friendly to visitors, although no other member of another species has ever lived with them for more than a couple of months. They sell the amazing robes for high prices, but they are not well known, being so far out in the Outer Rim.
 Darth Manus
06-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Skel'Thar

Location: Beyond the Rim, in the outskirts of a neighbouring galaxy.

Climate: Temperate, with lower temperatures in mountain areas. Subtropical environment in some areas near the sea, especially the islands.

Land: Two major landmasses connected by a colossal mountain range, three subcontinents and a few island clusters.

Flora/Fauna: Large forests and plains inhabited by several kinds of birds and mammals, tropical seas with exotic aquatic life. No toxic species detected so far, but the southern seas are reputed to be inhabited by large firaxa-like sharks.

Inhabitants: Bird-like humanoid race known as the Skyrean. Their society is divided among a handful of major clans, each occupying territories across the planet. The area in and around the mountain range connecting the two continents is considered sacred ground, and the city of Valkor, built on the highest summit, houses the Council of the Clans, where representatives of each faction gather to make important decisions.

Technological level: The Skyrean live in harmony with nature, but are technologically advanced. While they favor swords and spears, they are masterfully crafted in a process that combines ancient techniques and modern materials. They abundantly use solar power for their energy needs and grow their food through biological agriculture, although they keep hydrophonic farms and food synthesizers in the areas around their space research complex, since they often send scouts into space. The smallest of their spacecraft are actually pressurized flying armors, but they also construct bird-like ships, armed with high-powered solar lasers, plasma beams and disruptor webs.
 JediMaster12
11-15-2006, 4:19 PM
Avalon

Avalon is the central planet in the Avalonian system of five planets. The five planets are Andorra, Belos, Mikkado, Atzlan and the newest being Amshrey which is closest to the Forbidden Stars.
Each of the planets have different environments.
Avalon is primarily a forest world with mountain ranges that create isolated pockets where the Jedi tend to live. Rivers dot the land and flow into the lake country areas. Animals range from small mammals to large predators like the straif cats.
Mikkado is a savannah like environment dotted with plains. There are a few rivers and lakes but primarily holds crystal caves that bear crystals of lightsaber quality. The ports are space ports. Animals are savannah inhabitants like the weaver birds, draigons, and elefants and a few straif cats.
Atzlan is primarily a water world. A vast ocean covers most of the planets surface separating two land masses. The people live on the land and underwater are a species of people that are simply known as the Water Dwellers. Mostly birds of all kinds are native to this world. Most land animals were imported in.
Belos is farming territory. The land is ringed with mountains, valleys and plains. Forest dots a few areas in between the larger cities. Mostly farmers live here but there are a few mines, traders and smiths of all trades here. Local wildlife are similar to that of Avalon.
Amshrey is a forest world dominated by huge redwood trees in which the native Shreyites make their homes in the trees. It was colonized by a Mandalorian and an Avalonian. Wildlife include weaver birds, terantek, wild stallions known as Ronin and predators that are only visible at night.

The people believe in a system called Bushida, or the way of the sword. It is a code of honor that encourages the balance between all life forms. Unlike other systems, honor is given to the female and is reflected by the secret Handmaiden tribes that dominate mostly Belos, Andorra and Avalon with the highest honor being of the Belosian Bushida Handmaidens. While deftly skilled in the art of swords, these women also under go the duty of doing the Force's will. The male equivalent of the handmaidens are often assigned to the elit warrior groups to train or guard the planet governor.
From birth, all Avalonians learn the delicate relationship between the people and animal. All learn to wield the sword, a katana, or some other weapon. Some stay in a tribe, others live in the cities and undertake the trade or politics and other jobs.
It is often said that the Force began with this system because so many of the people are Force sensitives and it cannot be mistaken for luck. There are many Jedi though the numbers aren't certain since they prefer the isolated areas to allow for meditation. It is also said that it is a system that cannot be found except by those you know where it is and have a sincere heart.

The biggest enemy are the Rashikians, Outcast Avalonians who strove to use their power to dominate and rule the galaxy. According to legend, the legendary Heart of the Guardian, Kirabaros, drove them out and so decimated their numbers that the Rashikians had never been in full force again for millenia.

Technology is advanced but considered a hindrance. It is more often used in terms of practicality like survey, transport and even a few blasters and rifles. Most combat is preferred hand to hand and melee and transport throughout individual planets is preferred by stallion, draigon, or whatever beast is available. Their greatest accomplisment are their fleet vessels. THe fighters alone are more sleek and have proven to outrun Republic fighters on occassion though the technological secrets have yet to be revealled. Food is actually grown on the planet, synthesizers are only used in the case of drought and famine. Hunting wildlife also provide nourishment and never more than what is necessary.
 Anakin Skywalker
11-23-2006, 2:45 PM
Planet Name: Dilium

Dilium has "Black" snow, and the Darkside swelling up from the ground so much that everything that touches it's surface (that isn't a Dark Side Force Sensitive) dies and their Blood is splattered all across the surface.... volcanoes erupt at the top and bottom of the world, there are Guardian ghosts at each Dark Lord's tomb (only the most powerful Dark Lords are buried here) and Crystal caves... there are no Force ghosts here (not the same as a Guardian ghost) the spirits were sucked into their caskets to never be released unless someone opened the casket.... there are holocrons on top of the "casket" that will allow someone to communicate with the Dark Lord buried inside. The core of the planet is so Darkside that it could be used as a weapon to destroy the Jedi.
 Dark_Lady
12-29-2006, 1:06 AM
Vires

Climate: Warm

Land: Three continents, with a few large islands and multitudes of smaller ones

Inhabitants: Humans and Fireans

Fireans are a humanoid race whose average height and strength is about the same as humans. They have no hair, but have feathers growing from their heads. They have a hollow bone structure and are somewhat slender compared to humans. Some Fireans are winged.

There are many Force-sensitives on Vires, since they tend to keep to the planet. They usually stay together, and don't reveal what they're capable of, which causes many Vireans to distrust them. Lately, they have taken to keeping to themselves, and have almost passed into legend. Since they usually stay with each other, they tend to marry each other as well. A sort of caste system eventually formed, many of the people from the "older families" (meaning those whose Force-sensitive lineage could be traced back for generations) thinking they were better than the people who just were Force-sensitive without inheriting it.

Nobody has come to this planet from the outside in several millenia.
 Carlo El Sanchez
12-29-2006, 1:14 AM
whats the point of this thread again ?
 Dark_Lady
12-29-2006, 1:17 AM
It's so that if you make up a planet, and you want to use it in more than one story, and you want other people to be able to use it or refer to it, they can. One of my characters comes from this planet, and I don't want to have to do a lot of explaining about it, so I posted it here. Of course if there's any further questions, I'll just answer them and add the information.
 Diego Varen
12-29-2006, 7:54 AM
whats the point of this thread again ?

I don't mean to be rude Horny Zalaabar, but please read the first post of this Thread, where I've basically summed the point of this Thread up.
Page: 1 of 1