Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[FIC] The Second Coming Of Evil

Page: 4 of 4
 Diego Varen
04-06-2007, 7:17 AM
Both Revan and the Jedi Exile are dead (Unless if you are fooling us). Oh well, justice has been done and I'm looking foward to the next (Long, long, long, long, long) Chapter.
 Diego Varen
04-14-2007, 1:08 PM
^ Look who is back. Don't listen to him Mr_BFA, either he is jealous or joking around.
 The_Catto
04-16-2007, 7:50 AM
Ah, bloody hell. Why are you back? Can't you annoy somebody else for a change? Jeeze .....

Anyways ... here is the next chapter .... hope you all like it.

CHAPTER 29

‘So, it is done.’ said Nom as he knelt by his master. He lifted up his hand and held it firmly. As much as he and Revan argued, he could not hide the feeling that Revan had been more like a father to him, than a Mentor.
He closed his eyes and went to sought out a string, a whisper; anything that would persuade him that Revan was not indeed dead. Just unconscious; something, anything at all.
He did not know how long he sat there, but Nom refused to move. Searching … gathering … ever, searching.

And there it was.

‘I’ve found you,’ he said to himself, smiling. Embedded deep within Revan, there was still a tiny pulse of light, which fought against the ever growing darkness. So tiny in fact, that if Nom werent searching for it, he would have completely overlooked it. But no matter … that was all he needed.
‘What is it?’ Nom heard Carth’s voice say.
‘Our leader is strong,’ replied Nom, still with his eyes closed, focusing in on the tiny bit of light.

Carth looked at him in wonder. He was practically only a kid (in his eyes, anyway) but here he was. Carth suddenly felt warmth spread through his whole body. He thought that it must have been from a draft somewhere in the walls, but it was actually the Force, building itself to form an aura over Revan and Nom.
Mira and the others were sitting quietly against the wall next to the entrance to the chamber. Silent, was the air in that room for the time that the companions were in there. None of them said anything at all. However, they couldn’t help but gasp as they saw a bright blue illumination, which started to outline Nom as he knelt beside Revan.

Blackness was all that could be seen. Even when he looked at his hands, nothing was there.

‘So this is what I have become.’

But as he looked around, the blackness started to lighten and he noticed that he was in a small, four walled chamber.

And just forward of him, there was a large stone door. He walked forwards, but as he continued to examine it, he noticed that there was no control panel, handle or anything that could allow the door to open. That’s when he seen writing just above the top of the door, start to glow. It stated:

This is the room of memories.
A place in which to reflect.
A place of understanding.
The opening shall not open
For those who do not understand.

To proceed, you must step forward and,
Leave behind, that which you have
Never been able to forget.

To live in the future will be the only
Way to survive in the past,
Only then, will you be able to proceed.

Suddenly, to his surprise, on the wall to his left a picture started to form. He looked around for a source of the projection, but could not find anything. He walked forwards and stood in front of the wall and looked into the scene.

‘Come on,’ muttered Nom. The pulsating orb of light what he was pushing all of his energy into was starting to grow larger and brighter.
A blue outline started to surround the white orb and blue streaks of energy protruded from the centre of it. They shot outwards and pierced in Revan’s heart. A large string of this blue light, then struck out and pierced Nom in the heart.
He grunted, but stayed where he was. He could feel his energy draining, and he was struggling to hold his consciousness together. But still, he stayed.

As Nom took a deep breath, Revan’s heart started to produce small murmurs of sound and movement. He opened his eyes and he was looking into the deep blue eyes of his Master, as they started to slowly flutter open.

‘Master,’ he whispered.

‘Nom,’ replied Revan.

Nom let out a small smile, before he seen purple rays start to obscure his vision and he fell to the ground and lost all feeling and sight.

‘Poor kid was exhausted,’ said Carth as he walked ahead with Revan, back out of the front doors of the mining complex. Looking over his shoulder he saw Nom’s body being levitated by Atton and Mira who stood behind him. Closely followed by Jolee

‘He should not have done that,’ wheezed Revan. Even though Nom had somehow rejuvenated his heart, Revan was still incredibly weak; he had to rely on Carth to give him support so he could stand upright and walk, ‘I am grateful however.’
‘Revan, can I ask you a question?’ asked Carth

‘Sure.’

‘Did anything happen after … you know .. After what Jonas did?’

Revan continued to look at the four walls that surrounded him. Each with their own memories from his life. He had come to this conclusion, just because of the simple fact it showed him and what he had done during the past few years.

It showed him on the bridge of his flagship during the Mandalorian Wars. Him ripping Malak’s jaw clean off. Him torturing helpless innocents.
He turned to the wall behind him and seen his most recent failure.
Bastila screaming as her precious body was pierced by Jonas’ lightsaber. He felt the same ripping of his heart as he did then.

Seeing Nom’s slip once more, making him question his own teachings. How Nom had hit him on the Ebon Hawk. Revan couldn’t help but to release a small smile. It had woken him up to what he was actually doing, and he could unleash one hell of a punch.
That’s when the image disappeared from the wall. And that’s when he realized what he had to do ………

‘… Revan?’

‘Oh, sorry Carth.’ said Revan, ‘What happened after what Jonas did to me, you ask?’
Carth nodded.

Revan smiled, ‘My sins were forgiven.’

‘Hey Nom!’ yelled Thorin, ‘Hurry up, you’re going to miss it!’
‘I’m coming, be quiet!’ yelled back Nom as he sprinted across the grounds of the mining complex. His little legs not allowing him to go as fast as he wanted to.
When he stood next to Thorin as he got to the entrance to the mining tunnel, Thorin smiled.

‘Happy 9th birthday!’ he said, holding out his hand.

In the middle of his palm sat a green jewel; the light from the sun outside produced bright green rays that shot out from the rock and onto the walls. Producing flurries of colour.

‘It’s amazing!’ said Nom as he held the jewel in his own hand, ‘Thank you!’

‘No problem!’ said Thorin, slapping Nom on the back, ‘I found that just the other day, down in tunnel five. Seeing though your birthday was almost here, I decided to keep it for you.’

‘Thank you,’ repeated Nom.

Thorin smiled, ‘It’s Okay.’

A siren sounded in the distance and Thorin looked back down the tunnel. A gleam of longing suddenly erupted into his eyes. He shook his head and looked back to Nom.

‘I have to go,’ he said, ‘Hey Nom, we’re friends, right?’

‘Right,’ nodded Nom, ‘Why do you ask?’

‘Just making sure.’ replied Thorin. With that, he turned and started to walk back down the tunnel, leaving Nom to walk back to the complex on his own. Looking at the jewel and all its glory as he went.

Suddenly, when he got to the front gates, he heard an almighty explosion and looked back around to the entrance to the tunnels. Smoke rose from the large wooden doorway, and fire licked its way out of holes from the hills.

‘THORIN!’ screamed Nom as he turned around and sped back towards the mines.

He could hear the guards shouting his name, but he didn’t care; his friend was in that inferno.

He got to the entrance but it was blocked off by huge boulders which fell from the rooftop. Trying with all his might, whilst continuing to yell his friends name, he grabbed onto the large boulders and tried to move them.
They stayed frigid. Locked into the earth, not moving an inch. Sealing his friends, and all the other people in that tunnel to their deaths.

The last thing that he remembered, someone grabbed Nom by the shoulders and started to carry him away. Tears streaming down his face, he cried for Thorin, expecting to see him walk back over the hill, or through one of the fire-soaked openings. But there was nothing.
Thorin was one person, he could not save.

Nom felt his mind reach back into the shards of consciousness, but he did not move. That was the first time he had dreamt of that since Thorin’s death. And to this day, it still pained him, that he could not save his best friend. He slowly turned over, as best he could (his body ached all over) and silently wept.
He reached into his pocket in his robes and pulled out the small green jewel, which he still had from that day. It had lost its glow by now, but its beauty remained the same.
Slowly after a couple of hours, his eyes became heavy and he drifted off into another uneasy sleep.
 Diego Varen
04-16-2007, 8:25 AM
The fatherly bond between Revan and Nom reminds me of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan and Anakin type relationship. Very good chapters as always and I'm glad that Revan has been resurrected.
 The_Catto
04-16-2007, 8:32 AM
Thanks Topsite. Yeah, i just couldn't bring myself to kill him off. I thought about it, but it seemed like a bad idea.
Anyways ... only a few chapters to go! W0ot!
 The_Catto
04-19-2007, 6:15 AM
CHAPTER 30

“Nom,’ said Mission quietly, softly stirring him awake, ‘It’s been three days. You need to eat something.”

“Thanks,’ he said sitting up in the bunk and taking the small tray Mission was offering him.

‘What’s that?” she asked, looking down at the jewel beside him.

“I’ve had it since I was 9,” he said, ‘It was a gift from a friend of mine. He was my best friend.”

“That was nice of him.” she said.

“That day he died,” he quietly replied.

“I’m sorry,’ she said, as she got up to leave.

“Wait,” he said, “its not your fault. There’s nothing to be sorry for. That was a long time ago.”

There was an awkward pause, as both of them knew not what to say. So Mission just nodded and walked back out of the Dorm.

“A long time ago,” he said quietly to himself as he watched her go.

“Nom,’ said Revan, as he seen Nom walk into the Main Hold of the ship, “I’m glad to see your alright.”

“I had a dream,” he said, “But it was not like a normal dream. It was … so, violent.”

“What happened?” replied Revan

“It was about the day of my ninth birthday. The day my best friend was killed in a mining accident. I havent dreamt of that for over five years! Why am I suddenly dreaming of it now?”

“The Force can play tricks on us,” said Revan, “Sometimes, very cruel tricks. But I’m sure it was just a harmless dream of a memory. Or perhaps you dreamt of it because of all what has happened the past year, all of the death you have seen. All of the events which has occurred.”

“Yeah…” said Nom, “Where are going to now Master?”
Revan looked away from Nom for a second, and when he looked back at him, his eyes were full of thought.

“I am not sure yet,’ he said, “The threat has been diminished, so the Republic is safe, for a time.” Nom looked away from Revan and looked about the ship. He seen, M8-M7 the Astromech go past them and into the engine room. He could sense Atton training in the cargo hold, and Carth and Mira in the cock-pit. Jolee in the communication room with Mission and Zaalbar.
“Oh, and that reminds me,” said Revan suddenly. Nom looked back up at him, “You have done some extraordinary things with the Force since I met you Nom. Some things, which, even I could not do. You are nearly beyond me in amounts to being strong in the Force. Your presence itself is an aura of peace. And the part which you took in destroying the True Sith leader, and The Exile, I am very proud to say that I think you are ready to be a full fledged Jedi Knight.”

“Thank you Master,” Nom said overwhelmed, But are you sure? I have only been a Padawan for a year.”

“Do you want me to take back what I said?” said Revan raising an eyebrow.

Nom smiled, “Of course I don’t. Thank you, once again Master.”

“You are a JedI Knight, Nom. There is no need to call me Master, now.”

“Sorry,” said Nom, laughing, “It’s just become a habit.”

Everybody was in the Main Hold of the Ebon Hawk. Revan has asked them if they would meet him there to discuss what would happen now.

“I, myself, am going to Coruscant to help with the rebuild of the Jedi Council. But on the way, I will make sure that each of you will be dropped off at wherever you may wish to go.

“Taris!” said Mission. Zaalbar agreed with her with an almighty roar.

“I’m a hermit,’ said Jolee, “Where do you think I will go?”

Revan smiled, then looked towards Atton, Mira and Carth.

“Well?”

“If it is alright with you Revan,” said Atton, “Mira and I wish to accompany you to Coruscant.”

“Of course,” said Revan, “We will need all of the help we can get.”

Carth looked at Mira, then back to Revan, “I will head back to Telos.”

Revan nodded, “Nom?” he asked

“I don’t know why, but I am getting a feeling that I need to go back to Dantooine. If I can, in time, I will try to re-establish a point for learning once again in the Jedi Enclave.”
For a moment, Revan looked to be disappointed, but he nodded all the same.

“Very well.” he said

Jonas looked around him. He was in a circular room with, what looked to be, a small podium in the centre. The walls were completely smooth, no jagged edges of brick could be seen.

“You have failed.” came a voice. A voice he knew all too well.

“So what if I have failed,” he said, “What is it to you?”

“I had thought my teachings would have made a difference to you, Exile. But, I was wrong.” came the reply.

A rush of air started to circle around the room and congregated in the middle, next to the podium. Slowly, a ghostly form started to appear then, and the air gathered intensity until a person stood there. Completely whole, and solid.

“Kreia.” said Jonas, nodding his head in her direction, “I had thought I had finally disposed of you on Malachor V, all those months ago?”

“Oh, you did destroy my body. I am still dead, that is not to be mistaken. And yet, so are you, I see. You failed to kill the True Sith that lingered on the edge of the Galaxy. You first failed me, now you failed yourself. The revolution is complete.”

“Quit it with your riddles, Old Woman!” spat Jonas

“I did grow tired of your threats, and curses Exile Jonas. You have not changed.” she replied tiredly.

“What is this place?” he said, walking around the edges of the room.

“This,” said Kreia, looking around the room, “This is where you will stay for the rest of eternity. Long have you sought death and destruction. To sip the last dregs of life from the cup of your denial, and forsake all what you were meant for. You disappoint me, Jonas.”

“You cannot keep me here!” said Jonas, reaching for his lightsaber. He ignited the blade and lunged it into the smooth rock wall.

Nothing happened. He pulled it out of the wall and saw no scratch, no damage of any kind.

“Damn you old woman!” he cried, and turned sharply around to face her. But she was gone.

“Damn you,” he whispered.

Everyone stood at the end of the loading ramp of the Ebon Hawk. They had just docked at Taris and were seeing Mission and Zaalbar off.

“I wish I could say, it’s been fun.” said Mission.

“I know,” said Revan, “It was great seeing you again. Thank you for all of your help. We could not have done it without you.”

“Oh Revan,” she said, starting to laugh, “Your going to me us blush.”

“Now that’s something I’d like to see,” said Carth, “A blushing Wookiee.” They all laughed.

“I guess we should be going.” said Revan, “You would be wanting to get back to Telos wouldn’t you Carth?”

“What?’ he said, looking astonished at the idea, “And be able to have a shower, a decent meal, and not a worry in the Galaxy? No chance!”

“I’ll take that as a yes,” laughed Revan, as he patted Carth on the back as they walked back up the loading ramp, closely followed by Mira and Atton, and Jolee.
Nom looked at Mission.

“Well,” he said, uncomfortable, “Bye,”

“It was nice to meet you,” she said, “I hope I will have the chance to go to Dantooine sometime.”

“Well if you do, be sure to drop in and say Hi,” he replied smiling.

“Nom, you coming?” came Revan voice down the loading ramp.

“Yep!” he called back

“Bye.” said Mission

“Bye,” replied Nom. He turned around and slowly walked back up the loading ramp.

“To Telos!” he heard Revan shout triumphantly as he walked into the main hold. Nom just smiled and sat down.

The trip to Telos was longer than what first hoped it would be. Halfway there, they mad a ‘quick’ detour to Kashyyyk so they could drop Jolee off. So after all that, and another couple of days, they were at Telos’ docking station.

“Before you go,” said Carth, “Why don’t you all stay for the night and we can go and have a few drinks down at the cantina.”
They all were looking forward about the whole idea, so they didn’t say no. They went up to Carth’s apartment to get ready.

That night was the best night of Nom’s life.
When they were sitting down at a table in the northwest end of the cantina (right next to the Bith band) Revan told everybody about Nom turning 18.

“Why didn’t you tell us!” they all shouted.

“There was just too much going on at the time.” he replied laughing.

“Well,” said Carth, “In cause of this celebration, I will buy the next round!”

He got up out of his chair and went to the bar.

The rest of the night was mostly the same. Have one drink, finish it, then have another. It was in the very early morning, when the sun could be seen rising in the distance that they made it back to Carth’s apartment.

Next day, Nom woke to a extremely heavy, and pounding head. He cursed the rays of light that were shining into the apartment; the bitter taste in his mouth was unbearable.
He looked around and noticed that he was on the couch and got up. Steading himself as he stood.

“How are you feeling?” asked Revan

“Like a space cruiser drove straight into my head while it was still at light speed.” said Nom. Revan laughed, but stopped quickly and grimaced as he put his hand to his fore head.
The rest were feeling exactly the same as Nom and Revan.

“I’m getting too old for that.” said Carth.

It was night before they were set and at full health to continue travelling.

“Last stop.” said Revan, as they pulled out of hyperspace and Dantooine came into view.
They landed at Khoonda space port and Atton lowered the landing ramp.

“Are you sure you’re going to be alright?” asked Revan.

“Positive,” Nom replied, “I know what I’m doing. Don’t worry.”

“OK,” said Revan. He reached into his robe pocket, “Here,” he said, as he handed Nom a large satchel.

“What’s this?” asked Nom, as he retrieved the satchel from Revan.

“Just something to get you started.” he replied.
Nom looked inside and it was full to the exploding point of Republic credits.

“You cannot give me this.” said Nom shocked.

“It is a gift,” said Revan, “For becoming of age and starting your own life.”

“Thank you.” Nom said graciously, “I’ll never forget you, Revan.”

Revan raised an eyebrow, “You think this is the end? Of course it is not. I will come back here to visit and I expect you to come to Coruscant every once in a while, as well.”

Nom laughed, “of course.” he said.

After saying their last goodbyes, Revan walked backup the loading ramp and Nom stood and watched the Ebon Hawk fly into the sky and disappear as it flew into space.

You cannot know exactly what life has in store for you. No matter how sure you are. Just close to a year ago, Nom Kavar was a slave boy, in a mining corporation, lead by a ruthless tyrant. But next thing he knew, he was travelling across the Galaxy with Revan, the Prodigal Knight and learning the ways of the Force. And now, here he was; starting a brand new life and looking forward to it.

“Well,” he said, as he put the satchel full of credits into his own robe pockets, “Here goes nothing.”

THE END

Well, there it is. An end to an era i guess.
Overall, How did you guys like it?

I may go over it, to edit, add, delete stuff later on.
 Diego Varen
04-19-2007, 11:06 AM
I liked the ending. A bit too much dialogue for me, but it was still good nonetheless. I felt sorry for Jonas slightly, but if there will be a sequel to this, he could get his revenge. Anyway, a great Fan Fic, which when edited will be even better. Will you post this in the Archives now or wait to edit it?
 Bee Hoon
04-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Argh, my comment didn't get saved @.@ Well, the ending seemed a bit rushed, and I got the impression that Nom was going to leave the Jedi Order despite having just been declared a Knight:S Jonas' fate was fitting though. There's typos, and do go through and edit them. I'm too lazy to point them out at the moment. It was entertaining read:)
 The_Catto
04-20-2007, 8:14 AM
Im definitley going to edit before postingfor the Archives.
I'll re-write the ending to make it abit longer and more understandable.
Thankyou for all who have read this Fic and after i've done editing this one, i "may" start a sequel. ... Maayyybbeeee.... :D
Anyways, thanks again!
 Rabish Bini
04-22-2007, 12:17 AM
:clap2: bravo, a very good fic comes to a close, well done. :thumbsup:
 The_Catto
04-22-2007, 8:10 PM
^ About bloody time too!!!! :D lol.
Thanks, AkumaSF, I'm glad you liked it :)
 Darth_Nihilus
04-24-2007, 12:31 AM
I haven't sead anything in over A year -_- thats a long time (skip)
story is still nice sasuke stay in shape...
 The_Catto
05-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks Kisame :)
 Diego Varen
05-02-2007, 1:05 AM
Good luck with editing. Also, have you got any other Fan Fics planned?
 The_Catto
05-02-2007, 1:17 AM
Thanks Topsite, (after all this time since you changed your name, I still go to type "Pottsie" lol) Some pop into my head now and then but I'm trying to concentrate on just getting my Novel written.
I may write one in a couple of weeks or so ... (it'll probably take me that long to just re-edit this Fic though, lol)

But yeah, as i said ... I'm just trying to get my Book done.
 Darth_Nihilus
05-02-2007, 11:42 PM
like Topsite is saying Good luck with editing....never did like that part in school
 The_Catto
08-11-2007, 9:08 AM
Hey peoples! Yes, it has been a long while since I have posted in this thread .. I have a query ... I have finally started in re-writing/editing chapters for this Fic and I have finished the first two, whilst starting on the third.

Here is the query .. Should I post the re-written chapters on this thread, and have you all read over them and tell me if there is any more mistakes that need fixing, or just go right ahead and post a new [FIN] thread? I will wait for some answer/s before I post any of the newly written chaps. :)
 Jae Onasi
08-13-2007, 12:40 AM
That's entirely up to you. I've been revising the chapters in my Jolee story and putting them in both the regular and FIN threads but there is the argument for having both the old and new chapters available to readers. Feel free to do what works best for you--it's your story. :)
 The_Catto
08-16-2007, 8:42 AM
Thanks, Jae. I've decided that I will post the edited chapters here for polishing reasons and when all is good and ready, then I will post a FIN thread.
Anyway ... Here is the Prologue.

I have added a bit more about Revan's past to make this seem a bit more of a prolouge than an actual chapter. So, yeah .. enough of my blabbering .. here is the start to The Second Coming of Evil (edited):

PROLOGUE

Darkness: It can consume the lightest of all Jedi. As to avoid this shadow, a Jedi must learn to shield oneself from the power of emotions; Anger, hate, even love. As small as these feelings may seem, the consequences can be disastrous. If you are not cautious, they can lead to Obsession, Jealousy, and Passion: things of the Dark Side.

But even the lightest of all Jedi, can have their doubts.

As a water drop falls from the high cliffs above, the leaf of a tree glides from it’s grace down to the soft trodden earth below. The wind is one of the most ancient carriers of secrets, and the animals are the souls of the long gone heroes. As the last rays fall from the crowned tree-tops above, a young boy leaps from tree to tree, branch to branch. A weapon and tool by his side, guiding him as he flies gracefully amongst the beauty of Dantooine.
It’s like this nearly everyday for this boy. Especially as he is training to become a Jedi, he needs to learn how to rely on not just the Force as his guide, but his instincts as well. The Force could tell him what branch to leap to next, how far to leap, but no, not today. Today, he wants to learn for himself how to do such things with just as much grace as he would have whilst using the Force.

The young man leapt down from the high tree top above to the leaf covered ground below. Landing on one knee, with a palm softly crushing a leaf as he stands to his feet, he notices a presence striding up towards him from the east. He turns and sees one of his friends from the Academy. The young man turns and walks towards a large boulder which is sitting by itself next to a large waterfall. He rests upon the boulder and waits for his friend to reach him.
A tall male walks up to him and gestures to a place beside him on the boulder. The young man nods his head and moves aside as the taller boy sits down.

“How are you today, Revan?” asked the boy.

“I am well, Malak,” replied Revan, “what about you? How are you doing with all this training?”

“Better than what I thought I would,” laughed Malak. “I don’t think it is that hard at all.”

“Yes,” agreed Revan, “I thought it would be much more trialling as well.”
For several moments they sat there. Listening to the droplets of water flowing in the river that spread out its legs beside them, the birds that flew through the leaves above, singing their songs as they went.

“I think that we are destined for great things, my friend.” said Revan. Malak looked up to gaze at him curiously in the eye.

“Trust me, Malak,” continued Revan. “Everyone in this entire galaxy is going to know our names. Everyone will be wanting to meet us, everyone will be wanting to know us. And Malak,” said Revan, looking to the skies above, “there will come a time, soon I believe, that we will be given a chance to leave this place and when we do, can I ask that you be by my side? To live the dangers of life with me and to learn everything that there is needed to know to survive in such a dangerous life. The life of a Jedi?”

“Of course,” nodded Malak, grasping his friend on the shoulder, “We will learn and be the most powerful Jedi this galaxy has ever seen!”

Revan smiled and continued to gaze at the sky. Just thinking what it would be like, to be able to do anything he wanted. And as he sat there, he waited. Waited for the time that would soon come which would allow him to be able to do just that.

Years later, Revan had indeed done such things that would make people remember his name. But the price of what he did to become such a legendary figure, was not something that he would ever be able to forget. No matter how much he tried.
As Revan sat in the Port Dormitory of the ship known throughout the Galaxy as the Ebon Hawk, he thought back to that day, and every other day since then. He regretted for what he had done during his life and ever since he received his second chance, he sought to receive forgiveness. Not just from the Galaxy, but from himself, also.

He thought back to what else he had done. Leaving the people that he most cared behind, all on a fruitless and pathetic hunch of what he had in the back of his mind.

“No,” he said to himself, “I can not worry about them, or her. They are all beyond my reach, now.” But no matter how hard he tried, he could not escape from the thought of his lover, Bastila, whom he regretfully left on the planet of Coruscant two months ago to begin his ‘mission.’
He closed his eyes and let his thoughts go. He felt the calmness and tranquillity of the Force rush over him like a bucket of warm water. He bathed in all its glory. Letting it strengthen his resolve, letting it massage his mind into elation. He could hear the soft humming of the Hyperdrive as they sped through Hyperspace, the usual creaks and ticks of the surrounding ship and T3, the Astromech, whom rolled his way around the Engine Room and then into the Main Hold when lastly, he proceeded into the Communication Room.

He stretched his perceptions even further until he could feel the streams of the Force that emanated their way in and around the Galaxy itself. Wrapping themselves around entire planets, to flow through plants, animals, humans and other species of beings.
Suddenly, he felt what he had hoped to find ever since he left Coruscant. And even though he felt it for a second, it was still there. An echo. An echo from who, what, or even where exactly, he did not know. He tried to focus in on it but whenever he got closer to its position, the echo would die out until he looked away. Frustrated, he turned his attention to calm his mind once more before he could hear the resonance of alarms.

He opened his eyes and quickly stood. The emergency lights were flashing: spewing red fluctuations on the walls as fast as the alarms that continuously sounded. He ran out of the dormitory and back through the Main Hold and did not stop until he reached the Cock-pit. And just after a second of his eyes wandering, he noticed the problem that was just dying for his attention.
With a slight sigh of relief, Revan noticed that the fuel on the ship was running low and he had to re-fuel soon otherwise they would be floating through Space rather then flying.

Just after he turned off the alarm however, his attention was brought to something that was coming up fast behind him and he spun around to see his companion, T3 come flying into the Cock-pit at top speed and slamming into the back of the Co-pilot’s seat.

“T3!” said Revan, “What is it?”

“I should be asking you that!” replied the droid in his simultaneous beeps and drones.

“What do you mean?” asked Revan, confused.

“Why were the alarms sounding?” came a reply.

“Oh, that,” said Revan with a slight gesture of his hand, “we’re just low on fuel, that’s all.”

“So, nobody is trying to shoot us out of the sky then?” came a half relieved, half worried group of beeps.

Revan laughed, “No. Not at all, my friend. It’s fine, your safe.”

“What do you propose to do about the fuel situation, Master?”

Revan winced slightly. “T3, call me Revan. That whole ‘Master’ deal is too formal and too long of a memory ago for me. And to answer your question: Peragus is near here. We will just plot in the coordinates and head there. I’m sure they’ll be willing to help us.”

So after that, T3 left to do his routine maintenance of the ship to make sure everything was running as planned and Revan plotted in what was needed to get them to Peragus safely (Unbeknownst to them as to what other events would be occurring on the way).
 The_Catto
08-29-2007, 7:34 AM
CHAPTER 1

With only a droid, who was incapable of humour, or any other emotions, Revan found that it was quite boring indeed whilst travelling through the seemingly never-ending reaches of Space. To pass the hours of time, Revan found that meditating was the only way to keep himself sane. But even that, had its limits.
During a normal session where Revan was to be found in the Port Dormitory meditating, T3 came rolling in, whistling a query.

“Not long now, T3,” said Revan, without opening eyes, “go check if you want.” T3 rolled away, whistling and beeping as he went.

Revan delved deeper into the Galaxy. And then he heard it once again. The echo. ‘Concentrate,’ he said to himself as he locked onto the echo and found his destination.
Ten minutes later, Revan was in the Cock-pit gazing at the Navigational Charts looking for something, anything, that could relate to what he had just found.
But there was nothing. Just empty space.

“Why is there an echo coming from nothing?” he said, frustrated.
He had been asking this question over and over inside his head, but he knew that no matter how many times he pondered the question, he would not be able to find an answer.

Unless …

“T3,” he said over the ships com-link, “come here, I have a job for you.”

“Listen to me, T3,” said Revan, “I need you to go to Peragus. Get the fuel for the ship, then go to Coruscant. Meet with Bastila and tell her that she is to let Carth know that the Republic needs him to do his job properly. It will need it’s strength soon enough I fear.”

“Why are you telling me this?” asked T3.

“I know where I need to go now, and what I need to do. It is complicated, but can you at least do this for me, T3?”

“Yes,” answered T3, “I will.”

“Thank you, old friend,” said Revan, “I do not know when, but I will be back. Take care of her for me.”
T3 didn’t know whether he was talking about the ship or Bastila but he obliged all the same.

Revan left T3 in the Main Hold and proceeded to the Garage. He missed the Swoop Bike that used to be stored there, and he also missed riding it across the grassy plains of the boreal planet of Dantooine. With the wind flowing through his hair and robes, the sun in his face.

He shook his head grimly. His concentration was needed here. Now.
He looked to the center of the Garage, which was mostly taken up by a small shuttle. It was small, but it was well-protected and fast. In their spare time, Revan and T3 fitted her with a new Hyperdrive, so it was well passed ’Space worthy’. He released the lock of the cock-pit roof and clambered on board. Closing the roof, and using the Force to flick a switch at the entrance of the Garage, the magnetic seals closed off the entrance to the Garage from both sides and the floor dropped out from underneath him: he dropped the ship into Space and entered into the Navicomputer, the coordinates for where he needed to go.

He wasn’t sure as to how he knew the coordinates, but after a split-second slowdown, where the stares were blurred into lines before him, that did not matter as he was launched into the Hyperspace lane.

Carth Onasi: Admiral of the Republic fleet, and once co-saviour of the Galaxy. And even though that day was long past, he knew that it would stick with him forever.

He remembered back to being on the Star Forge - going on five years now - and smiled. He remembered the satisfaction that he felt when Revan had announced that the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Malak, was dead.
Carth looked down at the Citadel Station of Telos. It was only eight in the morning (even though you could not tell by looking out of the window) and yet already transport ships and smaller craft sped this way and that, soaring through the sky like birds after their prey. He felt, rather than heard, a small flutter of sound that brought him back to reality and he noticed that his com-link was speaking to him. He un-clipped it from his belt and raised it to his lips.

“Admiral Onasi here.” he said, loud and clearly.

“Carth, it’s Jolee.” replied the very familiar voice of Jedi Master, Jolee Bindo. “I thought it would be nice to let you know that we plan to leave soon. You know. If you want to say good-bye or anything in particular.”

Carth smiled again as he replied, “very well. I will be down in a minute, old friend.”
His walk down to the Docking Bay was a quick one. He did not need to give his attention to where he was going. He let his feet guide him, and after what it seemed, only a minute had passed . . . He was standing outside the Docking Bay entrance.

“Jolee.” said Carth into his com-link, “what bay are you in?”

“We are in Docking Bay Three, Sonny.” came Jolee’s reply.

“OK, see you in a minute.”

He walked in and reached the large, sliding steel door that had a large number three printed on it and slid his access card through. Automatically, the door slid open and he entered the bay.
Inside, standing beside a large transport shuttle, were Jolee, the Cathar Juhani, the blue-hue Twiliek, Mission, and the Wookiee Zaalbar.
Carth looked to the side of the shuttle which had the name, ‘The Returner’ printed on it’s side.

“Yes, fitting name isn’t it.” stated Jolee as he gazed up to where Carth was looking.

Carth stood in front of the all and smiled grimly. After a moments silence, he said, “You do not have to go. There is plenty of room here. And plenty of work that needs to be done as well, if I might add.”

Jolee grunted, “Now, now sonny.” he said, “do I look like I should be doing excessive amounts of manual labour?”

“Trust me, Jolee.” said Carth, “you don’t look a day over fifty to me.”

Again, Jolee grunted. “See! I don’t know if that was you being serious or you being smart. You shouldn’t do that to an old man, you know. Respect your elders! Yes, that’s how the saying goes . . . Now, where were we again?”

Carth laughed. “I’m being serious,” he said. “You all do not have to go. I has been great spending all of this time with you all.”

“Nah, Carth,” piped up Mission Vao, “it’s best if we all go home. Right, Big Z?” she said looking to her Wookiee friend. He returned her gesture with a loud roar of agreement.

“Oh, yeah.” said Carth, with a small smirk. “I had forgotten that kids often get homesick after a while.”

“Don’t start with that Carth!” said Mission, angrily, “Big Z and I are going back to Taris to help with the rebuilding. They still haven’t fixed it all when Malak destroyed it!”

“I’m sorry, Mission.” replied Carth, quickly. “I should not have said that. As you can see, I cannot say much.” he added, gesturing out to the still half wrecked Citadel.

“I know you did not mean anything by it, Carth.” said Mission, “you’re forgiven.”

“Well,” said Carth as he heard the pilot let them know somewhat, politely, that he would like to leave soon, “I guess this is good-bye, then.”

They all shook hands, and Mission said, “This isn’t good-bye. We will see each other soon. We will come back here, and you all are going to come back to Taris once in a while won’t you?” she asked them all.
After they all replied in a single, “yes.” Jolee, Juhani, Mission and Zaalbar all boarded the transport shuttle. The ships engines were ignited and they reversed out of the Docking Bay before the ship reared itself towards the sky and flew up into the blue ocean above: leaving Carth to back to doing his duties, back to his wonderful life as an Admiral . . . For the time being, that is.

The tall towers of Coruscant gleamed in the in the evening sun. The small and large freighters, transports and gliders, going about as they always did on their way home for a long days work.
The magnificent Jedi Temple stood in the middle of all this. The waters from the thousand fountains trickled down the sides quietly. But if the ear was listening, you would be able to manage to hear the soft echo’s bouncing from wall to wall that were produced by the small droplets.

Atop the fourth and tallest spire of the Temple, standing in the very center of the Jedi Council chamber, was a lone Jedi Knight. A soft breeze blew in from the staircase and made it’s way into the room, causing her loose fitting cloak to ripple slightly. She stood there, looking out of the window at the seeming never-ending life of the planet of Coruscant, wondering. Wondering, where could he be now? It had been five years since the day that he had said to her that he had to leave ...

“But why?” Bastila remembered saying to him. Pleading him not to go.

“I can not explain,” he replied softly. “Even now, more memories are flooding back into my mind. So more clearer than others, but there is one . . . one that spells doom for us all. Something is waiting, lurking, just outside of the sight of the Republic. And if I do not do something, then all hope may be lost for it’s survival.”

Where did he go? What was the reason as to why she could not go with him? All of these riddles with yet no answer. But she continued to ponder over them. They kept her occupied, while she waited. Waited for when the time would come when she would see her Revan once again.
Bastila turned from the window and sighed.

“Perhaps, I will never see him again,” she said softly to herself. “Perhaps it is for the best that he had to leave.”
She started to leave, but was stopped by a sudden appearance of a glider that slowly drew itself closer to the window of the Chambers.

Bastila turned and tilted her head to one side, trying to discover the identity of this newly arrived visitor. And as she continued to gaze, Bastila noticed the familiar face of a Cathar peering out back at her with a grin on her face.

Juhani was back.

Driving Revan to the back of her mind, Bastila hurried back down to the Docking Bay of the temple and entered her own glider. She pulled out and sped out into the city, following Juhani’s glider. She wondered where they were going, but quickly stopped as the Cantina came into view. She smiled as Juhani’s glider dropped down and docked into the small parking bay. Bastila landed next to her.

“Tell me why I am not surprised.” she said, smiling.

“It was a long journey! Plus, I had to endure the tale of youth of an old Jedi Master, and the distinct smell of a Wookiee. I think that I deserve a drink after that, don’t you?”

“You do have a point, my friend.” laughed Bastila. They lifted themselves out of their gliders and headed into the Cantina.
 The_Catto
09-12-2007, 2:43 AM
CHAPTER 2

Revan pulled out of Hyperspace to complete and utter emptiness. He didn’t understand. This was where he had felt the echo coming from, but there was nothing. He looked around once more, just in case he missed anything, but there was nothing.

“What in the nine correllian hells is going on here?” Revan spat out angrily. He closed his eyes and slowed his breathing down. He could not get frustrated. That was the last thing he needed. He sat there for a few more minutes debating what his next course of action would be, until, after all this time - it seemed rather obtuse that he hadn’t thought of it before now - the solution came to him.

He slowly took a deep breath in, and opened himself full to the Force.

But what he heard, was not something he was expecting, nor something, which he would like to hear ever again.

“Welcome, Revan,” said a deep, sinister voice: it made the hairs on the back of Revan’s neck stand on end. “At last, you have arrived. I had thought for a time that my attempts to draw you here were in vain. But, alas, how foolish I was to think such a thing.”

“Who are you?” asked Revan, slowly.

“Who am I?” repeated the Voice, “Why, I am the sound, I am the echo . . . Of which you have heard over the passed months. But, you did not know why there was such a sound did you? What it meant. I am your death Revan. You are most widely known as the ‘Prodigal Knight’ are you not? But soon, the, ‘Saviour of the Galaxy’, that will not matter.

“Once you followed our religion, you dared to call yourself one of us. You, Revan and Malak.”

“I’m not sure if you have heard or not,” said Revan, “but Malak is dead. I killed him.”

“Malak was weak!” spat the harsh voice. The volume of it made Revan wince. “Malak knew nothing of the true meaning of power, he desired something which he did not truly understand! But you did, Revan. Yet, you turned your back on us all. Why?”

“Some things are worth fighting for and not destroying,” said Revan.

“Malak was weak,” repeated the Voice, “his downfall was his ignorance. His death was inevitable. And so is yours, Revan. Prepare to die.”

Before Revan could do anything, a large mass of swirling fog appeared on the edges of his view screen. He could see, even in this blackness of Space, the Fog that had appeared out of nowhere.

The fog, which reached the intensity of snow in a blizzard, disappeared as quickly as it formed. And its place was something that could even take the wind out of Revan’s lungs.

A planet.

But not just any type of planet: Revan could feel, taste, the familiar taint of the Dark Side that emanated from the mass of rock. He could feel the aura coming towards his ship, ready to engulf it in all of its devilry.

He went to turn the ship around, thinking that it would not be wise to head the ship down without help. But it was too late.

He was jolted forward with such force that he could feel the straps of his restrainers cut into his body, even with the protection of his robes. Faster and faster the ship steered towards the boreal-type planet below. Nothing he tried to do could disperse its course. He flew through the clouds of mist and into the atmosphere of the planet. He could feel the heat of the ship flowing through his body.

Mountains came ever so closer, singular trees started to form out of the greenish blob he could only see just before. As his sheet descended, Revan spotted out in the vast distance. It’s black towers reaching to the heavens above.

But his thoughts were distracted from that to what was happening to him now. He knew what was at hand. He knew that he would not be able to stop it, not while this power had hold of his ship. With all of the things that he had accomplished in his life, all of the things that he had tried to make up for, mattered not now. This was the end. The end of all things for Revan, the Galaxy’s Hero.

He started to think of his friends and family. His mother and father, whom he now not knew where or who they even were. Of Carth, I am sorry my friend, he thought in dismay.

He thought of Jolee, of Mission, of Zaalbar and Juhani, all of whom were his friends and whom he had come to love. But none more than Bastila Shan. His lover, his soul mate. His heart belonged to her. And with that very thought, a new feeling started to swell inside his chest and Revan clasped onto the sides of his seat.

“No,” he said to himself, “I am not going to die.” The very thought of him losing the most precious thing he had ever had in his life was something that he did not want to happen.

And with that last second memory of her beautiful face, Revan’s ship crashed onto the planets surface.

T3 the Astromech often wondered where is old master was now. It had been three months since Revan had left him to go where he was needed, but T3 had not heard from him since.

He had retrieved the fuel from Peragus, but it was an eventful stop.

He had been attacked by what looked like a Republic vessel, attacked by a fellow droid, and he had gained a new master. The Ebon Hawk had also gained a new crew.

There was a Scoundrel, named Atton Rand. But for some reason though, Atton did not seem to like T3 all that much. He could not understand Atton’s hatred towards him, and even when we went to ask, Atton told him to shut up, or get out of the cockpit.

There was an old woman, who went by the name, Kreia. T3 wasn’t very fond of her. Whenever his new master was with her, couped up in the dormitories for extended periods of time, he would come back out looking sickened, tired and withered, although he was still young for a Human.

His master had also found the right components to fix that horrible HK-47 Assassin droid that Revan had dis-assembled long ago.

His new Master was most referred to as The Exile, but T3 had also heard Atton call him Jonas whenever they talked. He was mean, but as mean to T3 as to what he was to other beings. Perhaps he was only being nice to T3 only as to keep him around. He rolled his way back into the familiar engine room. Humans: they are confusing and strange objects.

Once, during a routine maintenance check, T3 quickly used the communications center to send his ordered message from Revan to Bastila.

“This complicates things even more,” replied Bastila’s holographic image: T3 had just informed her of Revan’s departure. “I do wish you could have told me this earlier T3, but thank you for this information anyway.”

“He also said something about telling Carth to do his new job well. The Republic will need all of its strength in the times to come.” beeped T3.

“How did he find out about Carth?” asked Bastila, bemused.

“He said to tell you that he had his ways,” replied T3.

Bastila’s image smiled, “Yes. I’m sure he has his ways. Thank you T3 for this information. But I am afraid that I must leave you. I was planning to visit Carth again soon since it has been a long while before my last visit.”

“Be sure to refer them my greetings,” implied T3.
Bastila laughed. “Yes, I will. Goodbye, T3.” Her image flickered slightly then dissolved.

T3 then heard a familiar voice behind him say, “Ahh . . . It seems to me that the Navi-computer on this ship has been voice-locked . . .”

The fauna covered planet of Kashyyyk came into view as the ship known as ‘The Returner’ pulled out of Hyperspace.

“Ah, well isn’t this a sight for sore eyes.” said Jolee, “ it has been too long of a gap since my hermit days.”

The Returner touched down on the landing pad and the exit ramp lowered: allowing Jolee to descend from the ship. He quickly passed through the city of Rrookoowoo, receiving roars of greeting and appreciating as he walked through the now Czerka-free streets, until finally, he reached the lift that would take him down to the Shadowlands.

“Welcome back, Jolee. ”I am surprised to see you here; I thought you would stay with your fellow humans.”

“No,” replied Jolee, looking around as they descended. “This is my home.”

Despite it’s reputation, Jolee loved his quiet life in the Shadowlands. Of course you would have to deal with an occasional wandering Kinrath or Kath hound, but other than that. Jolee would rather be nowhere else.

“I hope I see you again, Jolee,” roared the Wookiee as the lift touched softly upon the dark, dewy grass.

“You will, my friend,” replied Jolee as he placed a foot on the grass, savouring the touch upon his feet. “As I said before, this is home. And I am not leaving, ever again.”

With one last wave, Jolee left the Wookiee and started to walk upon the path that would take him to hut. But as he walked, he noticed something very strange.
Animals were scarce along the usually life-filled track. The only animals that were there were scattered dead Kinrath.

“Now that’s not very nice,” said Jolee as he walked. “Who would go ahead and do this and leave me out of all the fun. Even worse, I have to clean all of this mess!”

He rounded a corner and his small hut came into view.

Smiling, he opened the door and walked inside the pitch-black room. But as he closed the door, he suddenly had this distinct feeling through the Force that was he was not in fact the only person inside his hut.
 The_Catto
09-19-2007, 3:21 AM
CHAPTER 3

“Hello, Jolee,” said a voice in a deep and disgusted tone.

“Well, well, well,” said Jolee, quietly. “Now that is not a voice I have not heard for quite some time.”

“Yes,” spat the voice, “the last time I recall was when you were standing over my brother’s corpse! After you killed him, even though he had not done anything to you!”

“Now listen here, Taz.” said Jolee, “you brother tried to kill me. I would not forget that if I were you.”

“No, you listen, Old Man,” replied Taz Rayg. “You killed my brother because he turned down a path, which was different to your own.”

“He was a Dark Jedi, Taz. You know this.” countered Jolee.

Taz smiled. “Yes, now I am following my brothers footsteps. He knew what it was like, to live.” he reached to his belt and unhooked a silver lightsaber hilt. I long, thin black line stretched down the side of it. He ignited the magnificent red blade. “Now, prepare to die old man. This should have happened a long, long time ago.”

For a man that has lived as long as Jolee Bindo, he could still put up a decent fight. Lighting his greenish lightsaber, Jolee dodged, ducked, twirled, stabbed and slashed; his age did not prevent him from having the vigour of a younger Jedi. With the aid from the Force, Jolee fuelled his strength, his precognition and his wits. This gave him the year’s advantage over the dismemberment that Taz was trying to inflict upon him.

Taz whirled, and with him came his lightsaber. Jolee parried a stab that would have opened a hole in his stomach and brought his own blade up to slash across his opponents shoulder. It was blocked and he was pushed back hard off his feet and slammed into the wall of his hut. His lightsaber flew away from his hand and rolled across the floor. Jolee gathered the Force into the palm of his hand and directed a chair towards Taz’s face. He ran forward, extending his hand for lightsaber to fly through the air and neatly land in his hand, but had to quickly block as an onslaught of lightning came flying at him. Jolee shielded himself with his lightsaber and felt the electricity fuse into the beam of light.

Struggling against the might of the lightning, Jolee managed to take a step forward. The Force lightning was diminished and Jolee took the millisecond of opportunity that opened a window for him and slashed his lightsaber down: grazing Taz’s shoulder. The smell of burnt flesh filled the air and Taz grunted in pain, feeling the warm trickles of blood that escaped through the gaps of his fingers and landed in fat droplets upon the floor. He stumbled backwards to lean against the door of the hut.

With one last cry, Taz lunged forward, ignoring the screaming protests the protruded from his injured shoulder. But was instantly stopped in his tracks by an almost lazy flick of Jolee’s wrist as he was engulfed in a stasis field: unable to move.

“So young,” said Jolee, shaking his grimly. “You never, never, attack in an angry state: It blinds your vision, perceptions and makes your strikes groggy; your brother made the same mistake. Poor fool.” Jolee grabbed the edge of one of the unbroken chairs and sat down in front of Taz.
“Now you will listen to me whether you want to or not,” he said. “Your master is dead. You travel through the galaxy alone in search of revenge, in search of sanctuary, in search of power. What do you hope to achieve when you cannot find any of these things of which you are after? Ignorant kid. Listen, I am no preacher, so I will not direct you in the ways of the Jedi. I do not follow the Jedi, yet I do not follow the Sith. I follow my own way; I make my own path.

“But what you are doing, Taz. Your brother was the beginning of an evil tyrant. He attacked me because I tried to persuade him to turn from the path that you, yourself are taking now. And now I say to you as I said to your brother,”

Jolee stood and walked outside. For a moment, all Taz could do was listen to what Jolee was doing, and then he was once again faced by Jolee. This time however, he had a large rock that floated in mid air in front of him.

He retrieved Taz’s lightsaber from the floor and placed it on top of the table.

Grimly, Jolee looked to the lightsaber on the table, and then to Taz, standing there, immobilized, eyes widened, fearful at what he knew was about to happen.

“It is the wrong path.” Said Jolee.

The large rock floated above the lightsaber for a mid second before it slammed down and crushed the metal underneath. Jolee lifted the rock off the shattered weapon and looked back at Taz’s emotionless face. “You are now weapon-less, and in a situation where you can not possibly hope to prevail. What will you do? The choice is yours. Choose, and act.” With another lazy flick of his wrist, Jolee released Taz from the stasis and watched as the Dark Jedi fell to his knees.

With his head still looking at the ground, Taz asked softly, “What do you
want from me old man?”

Jolee let the ‘old man’ slip by and replied, “All what I want Taz is for you to realize that not everything that happens is for the worst. I killed your brother; I will not deny it. But do not be as ignorant as he was, Taz. Instead, reach into your heart and choose your own path. If you decide to go down the path that you followed when you attacked me, remember this: it is folly to try and make the once was religion of the Sith live on. They are destroyed. Now choose, and act.”

Taz slowly stood to his feet and looked Jolee directly in the eye.

“There is no emotion –“ he began.

“There is peace,” Jolee nodded in approval.

“Thank you, Jolee,” said Taz. “I would have been destroyed if it were not for you. My brother was lost and, even though he was my brother, I understand now that you did what you had to do.”

“Thank you for forgiving me, Taz,” replied Jolee, placing his hand softly against the wound his lightsaber inflicted on the Jedi and using the Force, healing it. “Just do me one favour,”

“What’s that?”

“Don’t try to kill me anymore, please. I only have a few more good years left in me.”

Taz laughed solemnly, “Do not worry. I think I will journey across the galaxy and discover the true nature of the Force. To think, and sort some things out, try and find out what it is I am meant to do in this life the Force has granted me.”

He slowly walked to the door, but before heading out and closing the door, he turned his head and said, “Thanks again, old man.”

“Hmmph,”

“I have already told you, Carth!” replied an irritated Bastila. “It was after Juhani’s departure is when I received the message from T3-M4.”

“And he said I needed to do my job well?” asked Carth for the hundredth time.

“How did he find out I was an admiral if he has been alone in space all this time?”

“Yes! And I do not know how he found out, T3 just replied with one of Revan’s cocky responses.”

Carth smiled. “That would be Revan,” he folded his arms and gave Bastila a serious expression. “What about you? How are you holding up?”

“I’m alright,” replied Bastila. She looked away as Carth continued to stare into her eyes. She folded her arms, tightening the cloak around her and gazed out of the viewport to look upon citadel station. “I’m scared, Carth. Scared for him, for me, for you. For this entire galaxy, I’m scared. Where is he? Why did he have to leave in such a hurry? He told me that he had started to remember some things. He knew that something was beyond this galaxy, waiting for its time to cripple the Republic. But he would say no more.

“What if he’s gone, Carth? What if he’s not coming back?”

“Hey, don’t think like that!” said Carth forcefully. “He is alright, Bas. He will come back.”

“I just have this feeling that not everything will go to plan. That I will lose him.”

“Feeling?” asked Carth, “through the Force, you mean?”

“Call it instinct.”

Carth dragged Bastila into a one-arm hug and said, “don’t think about it so much. He will come back, I promise. Even if I have to travel this entire galaxy and drag him back by the scruff of his neck, he will be back.”
Bastila smiled. She wanted to believe Carth, more than anything, but as much as she tried, that feeling kept on coming back to haunt her.
They pulled away from each other and Bastila wiped the sudden shadow of a tear away from his eyes.

Carth, wanting to drive the conversation away from Revan at light-speed, for Bastila’s sake, asked, “So, what news of our Exile friend?”

Bastila looked at him and said, “The last time I heard, he and his crew were heading out towards the Outer Rim. By the looks of it, they were heading to Korriban.”

Carth shuddered, “let’s just hope they don’t stay out in that direction for too long.”

Bastila nodded but said, “I’m also getting a little worried about our Exile friend. His power is growing, along with his anger. He is walking slowly over the threshold of the dark side, I can feel it.”

“Well, if what you say is true,” said Carth. “Korriban is the last place in this galaxy where we want him to be.”

Bastila nodded in agreement. The thought of Revan beating down her minds walls to squeeze into the gap of her conscience.
 machievelli
01-22-2009, 1:25 PM
read
 Lord of Destruction
02-04-2009, 6:57 PM
yeah i just finished chaps 1-8, and i think you should revan more darker. Im not saying evil, but darker
 The_Catto
02-04-2009, 10:00 PM
He's not meant to be dark at all really. Well, not in the first 8 chapters. More on in the story he gets a little more aggressive but the beginning was intentional.
He is Light Side after all :)
 Lord of Destruction
02-05-2009, 1:31 AM
i know he's good, but he's the kormer dark lord of the sith
 The_Catto
06-10-2009, 6:15 AM
As I've said, he gets more agressive as the story progresses.
He's trying to make amends for his past, not recreate the Dark Lord :)

And I've just noticed ... I should really get back into editing this.
I was just reading the first few chapters I posted and wow ... What a difference to the later chapters.
I actually LEARNT some things, :xp:.
Page: 4 of 4