Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Commandos vs. Spartans

Page: 5 of 5
 Alan Frost
06-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Man you guys are FREAKS!. But in a good way. I have one question. What if they work together? Wouldnt they be a unstopable force? I mean from what i heard so far they are practicly gods among men which I agree, but find me a reason why would they fight? They arent even in a same universe, but hec thats would be a blast seeing them fight! Imagine them manouvering each other truying to even harm one another. The grenades exploding and guns blazing in a fight that lasts all day untill they use up all of their ammo. And then they fo into melle... That could be a movie of a century! Of course if Uvve Ball would direct it, it would be thrown into toxic waste never to see the light of day.
O.o, im starting to feel a chill down my spine. BRRRRRRR...
 Alan Frost
06-27-2006, 10:25 AM
By the way I'm new so forgive me when I say i dont know who would win.
 MachineCult
06-27-2006, 1:29 PM
Yeah, we can all tell you're new, don't double post, and that would make a terrible movie.
 Alan Frost
06-27-2006, 1:54 PM
Maybe, but we will never know will we?
 taclled
06-28-2006, 2:07 AM
already the way you put it made me get up bang head on the wall a few times and come back and type this. i mean the only thing happening in that movie then would be a bunchof shooting and maybe an ammo depletion crisis.
 Alan Frost
06-29-2006, 4:12 PM
Don't forget kicking the ass of the real enemy :king1:.
If you ask me I vote for Spartan, because he saved Earth many times and none of the Deltas did that. :swrd2:
 MachineCult
06-29-2006, 4:55 PM
Great logic, Alan, how could the Commandos save Earth? RC is a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
I'm curious, when did this "Spartan" you're refering to save Earth many times?
 Niner_777
06-29-2006, 7:39 PM
Yeah, I hear that they fight to save Earth in Halo 2, but it isn't just a spartan. It's the combined force of basically all humans.
 Halo_92
06-30-2006, 12:28 AM
The commandos are good, but the spartans are better. Think about it, a squad of commandos against a squad of spartans. The commandos would lose.
 Bomberman65
06-30-2006, 1:28 AM
Hell no. It would be even. and the commandos saved the galaxy cause if they were never created then they wouldn't set events in motion for the Jedi and Sith so you would never have Kenobi and the clones finding Grevious and I could on and on but you get my point.
 taclled
06-30-2006, 3:30 AM
also many things in the SW timeline would be different if the commandoes werent created cause the whole war would have lasted longer.
 Alan Frost
06-30-2006, 4:50 AM
True, true, very true. But didnt John-117 saved Earth by not activating Halo?
I mean if it was activated it would destroy the source of food for Flood which would mean destruction of planets maybe even Earth itself?
But Im off the topic, so a squad of Spartans vs squad of Deltas= even.
 taclled
06-30-2006, 8:52 AM
i would believe the outcome in a battle with a squad of Spartans vs a squad of commandoes would have the terrain play a big part of it
 Niner_777
06-30-2006, 10:12 AM
I agree with taclled. The terrain would play a big part in the battle. And remember, if we're talking squads, the commandos have a lot more than they'd have alone. An E-Web turret would come into play, as would a designated squad sniper and a demolitions expert, capable of leveling an entire hill. I think if we bring this to squads, the commandos just get even better equipped. Sure, the Spartans will gain more equipment, but not as much expodentially as the commandos do.
 taclled
06-30-2006, 11:13 AM
unless of course U get scorch as the Demo expert. hel'l level a planet and then say sorry lol. also the commandos can request other foregin equipment and a BlasTech EWHB-12 or a VLD2261 laser cannon would come into play as would numerous mines and thermal tape
 Halo_92
06-30-2006, 2:02 PM
What about a canyon with two bases on each side with trenches in the middle? Similer to the muti-player level Blood Gulch on Halo. it would be even
 Halo_92
06-30-2006, 2:07 PM
What if one commando(lets say "Boss") vs Master Chief. No armour, No weapons, NOTHING. It would be an even match. What do you think taclled, Niner_777, BM-65?
 Niner_777
06-30-2006, 3:04 PM
Boss vs Master Chief, no armor, no weapons, NOTHING. - No doubt, Master Chief would win. He could use his high speed and strong muscles to hunt down Boss and tear him apart. The only chance that Boss would have would be if he could hit Master Chief in one of his pressure points hard enough while Master Chief was cradleing him.

However, squad vs squad on Blood Gultch. I don't think that it would be even. The commandos would be able to win if they were attacking or defending. A squad of commandos just has way too much equippment. They could set up their turret on a canyon wall or inside the base. They have tons of explosives compared to the Spartans frag gernades. And they have snipers. Just too much equipment...

TIAIMO
 Halo_92
06-30-2006, 3:40 PM
i agree with niner
 Halo_92
06-30-2006, 3:40 PM
have you played halo before? niner?
 MachineCult
06-30-2006, 3:46 PM
lol, O.K. Niner, without armour Boss would be huge compared to Master Chief, the ARCs and Commandos are really well built unlike the normal troopers.
How about the Grand Army of the Republic, including Jedi Generals and Star Destroyers versus whatever the name of Earths army on Halo.
My bet is with the Republic.

Halo92, don't double post.
 Halo_92
06-30-2006, 4:04 PM
what we need is for somebody who hasen't played either one and watch a cinematic from both games. a little new to this.
 Niner_777
06-30-2006, 4:30 PM
I've played most of the first Halo at my friend's house. MachineCult, I didn't know the size difference. I just figured that Spartans were bigger and stronger because of their augmentations. I do know that clones are 1.83 meters tall.
 MachineCult
06-30-2006, 5:28 PM
halo92, ffs, delete your first and third posts in that triple post thing you've got going on, click edit to do so.
Niner, my guess was that Boss and Master Chief were evenly matched but I wasn't aware of Master Chiefs augs.
lol, like I said before, Grand Army of the Republic, including Jedi Generals and Star Destroyers versus whatever the name of Earths army on Halo.
 Alan Frost
06-30-2006, 5:43 PM
Republic would probably win but about John-117 and Boss hand to hand, John would win because of his augs. Man Spartans are more inteligent, more stronger, more deadly than a avarage human, and very tough to kill. I read about it in Wikipedia. Clones, even Commandos are copies of a ordinary Mandalorian (human). I dont say they are weak but Spartan in his full battle armor weigs 450 kilos and height 2,1 meters. Thats a lot of muscle.
 taclled
06-30-2006, 5:53 PM
i must say jango is far from ordinary, even for mandos, who are mostly mercs.
I will tell you Mr. Frost that Spartans are not more intelligent or deadlier than commandos. And strength is hard to compare since not many ppl know whats under there Katarn Armor
 Alan Frost
06-30-2006, 6:20 PM
clap, clap, clap
 MachineCult
06-30-2006, 6:49 PM
clap, clap, clap
What an intelligent contribution.

taclled, I haven't been able to find a picture but the ARC trooper Alpha was captured by Asajj Ventress and he and Obi-wan escaped without his armour, basically just wearing a vest and boxershorts and he was built like Arnie, the Commandos are the same as the ARCs, just put to different use. So what i'm saying is the Commandos are extremely well built, you can tell by the size of the armour compared with the normal Clone armour and the Spartans armour.
Also, can we have a source for the Spartans augs? Because all I remember being mentioned in the game is Master Chiefs armour.
 Niner_777
06-30-2006, 7:48 PM
The source for the Spartans' augs for me was Fall of Reach. I think that they described it pretty well.

Also, in Hard Contact, it talks about how muscular the commandos are. Their diets are balanced perfectly so they have no fat.
 taclled
06-30-2006, 8:48 PM
Thanks machinecult and may i ask WHAT in the Galaxy are augs
 Halo_92
06-30-2006, 9:04 PM
Augumentations (sp) are, well how do I put this, improvments to help the joints move more freely and faster. I think. I read the fall of reach a long time ago.

also chech out my link. even though its halo its pretty funny.
 taclled
06-30-2006, 11:28 PM
oh thanks
 Bomberman65
06-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Boss vs Master Chief, no armor, no weapons, NOTHING. - No doubt, Master Chief would win. He could use his high speed and strong muscles to hunt down Boss and tear him apart. The only chance that Boss would have would be if he could hit Master Chief in one of his pressure points hard enough while Master Chief was cradleing him.

However, squad vs squad on Blood Gultch. I don't think that it would be even. The commandos would be able to win if they were attacking or defending. A squad of commandos just has way too much equippment. They could set up their turret on a canyon wall or inside the base. They have tons of explosives compared to the Spartans frag gernades. And they have snipers. Just too much equipment...

TIAIMO

I agree Master Chief would rip Boss apart with no equippment.
But a squad of commandos vs a squad of spartans. Who would win would depend on the enviroment like niner said.
But even though the Commandos are clones and Chief is not they'd be about the nearlly the same in strength if the commando has stims with him. But I still think the Chief would be stronger still.
 Halo_92
07-01-2006, 12:09 AM
i agree. but we haven't really seen how a squad of spartans would
do. what do you guys think? oh did anyone watch the video? if so did you like it?
 Bomberman65
07-01-2006, 3:57 AM
Two things. 1. we get to read what a squad of spartans in The Fall of Reach and 2. I've got nearlly all the red vs blue videos on my pc.
 -Synthetik-
07-01-2006, 7:38 AM
One on one, id say an ARC trooper would destroy a spartan anyday. Given the weapons that they have, republic weaponry is far more damaging than covenant/earth weapons, yes there are energy sniper rifles, but again, commandos have it as initial weaponry. Same with grenade launchers. Commandos are trained better (Jango Fett's knowledge VS regular military knowledge). of course a plasma pistol/battle rifle combo, would be a pretty good counter, yet i dont see the covenant handing out a few plasma pistols

One on one without equipment would swing into a spartan's favor, but again, having augments are pretty cheap and would be a dishonorable victory. Although an ARC trooper would still put up a really good fight, maybe breaking a few bones and limbs before going down.
 Redtech
07-01-2006, 8:58 AM
As a point. Spartans are 7-footers in height, they're augmented with horomones and bio-cybernetic implants to increase nervous transmission, decrease sex drive, increase muscular strength and cardio-vascular strength.Oh yeah, and to be so damned tall in the first place. They have optical implants and bone treatments for sight and bone density and strength. In fact the only thing they lack is a strong immune system and maybe live combat experience at start, although they are trained harshly against humans at start.

BTW, most of the upgrades are artificial organics rather than completely machine, so I doubt an EMP would fry them in any way that an athlete on strong dope would.
 Alan Frost
07-01-2006, 9:18 AM
The only thing that would really chouch them up is probably Trando Concusion rifle. And dont forget Spartans have sticky bomb wich was wery helpfull to me against almost everything, even Hunters.
 Niner_777
07-01-2006, 9:42 AM
I just read this yesterday: Spartans are two meters tall with their armor on. I'm not sure if clones are 1.83 with armor or without. I just thought that I'd throw that piece of information in.
 Halo_92
07-01-2006, 9:33 PM
Sorry for not being specific,BM, I men't a video.

Have any of you played Killzone?
 Bomberman65
07-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah Killzone is the best FPS on the PS2 but stay on topic please.
I just had a idea I'll make a topic that we can talk about any FPS and stuff like that.
 Halo_92
07-01-2006, 11:21 PM
I mean't what if their army(The helgast army) attacked a clone army?
 Bomberman65
07-02-2006, 1:16 AM
Oh well it would be a good battle and the clones would just win.......
Please try to say on topic halo92. Spartans vs Commandos!
 Halo_92
07-02-2006, 1:49 AM
here is a link to the commando page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clone_commando)

here is the MJOLNIR armor page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MJOLNIR_battle_armor#Replica_MJOLNIR)

for those who haven't seen these pages. (most of you probalaly have seen this.)

i haven't read the halo book first strike but i was told that a few spartans surrvived? give info please!!!!!!!!!!
 Redtech
07-02-2006, 8:29 AM
Indeed they did. If I remember, Kelly survives till the end. Do you want spoilers, because the fates of the others is a bit sad.
 Alan Frost
07-02-2006, 9:56 AM
If you want spoilers go to en.wikipedia.org type masterchief(halo).
 Halo_92
07-03-2006, 12:15 AM
thx
 Alan Frost
07-03-2006, 2:51 AM
Hey I have a quiz question: What besides the Johns armor has the name MJONRIL?
 Clone L68362
07-03-2006, 3:21 AM
Despite the fact that topics like this attract misinformed, ignorant fools, and they're just plain stupid, I'll contribute.

Commandos seem to not be able to take nearly as much punishment as Spartans. The shields drain quick, and you can see how much harder it is to kill each other in Halo than in RC Multiplayer. One grande will take down a Commando, but a Spartan could probably survive two. So, if you pit one of each, a Spartan will probably come out on top, but hey, Commandos were never really meant to be a one man fighting force were they?
 Niner_777
07-03-2006, 9:54 AM
In the books, however, I don't recall much about a shield on the commandos, but we'll assume that there is one. In the Halo books, the shield is very inconsistant. A single burst from a plasma rifle will drain the sheilds and cause critically high temperatures, yet a Spartan can survive a full on covenent cruiser plasma turret shot!?
Page: 5 of 5