Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NFL New Map (Big Pic Warning)

Page: 1 of 1
 GordZilla
03-25-2006, 7:14 PM
Just making maps for the fun of it now.
 GordZilla
03-25-2006, 7:15 PM
 GordZilla
03-25-2006, 7:15 PM
 aadd111
03-25-2006, 9:30 PM
where can we download it?
 toue
03-25-2006, 9:47 PM
oh man that's sweet! you should make another version with only jedi tho, can you get up in the stands?
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-25-2006, 9:52 PM
Oooo....sweet. Through in a little creativity. Nice. ;) :)
 Darth Andrew
03-25-2006, 10:15 PM
That's awesome, but since when have football fields have huge bumps on them? :p But like toue mentioned, you should try to add stands, even if it is impossible to add the actual seats. Oooooo, maybe you could even add an announcer's box, and a concessions stand, and maybe even filthy bathrooms! But don't forget all the weird contraptions for all the other alien species; they have to expel waste too! :D :p
 GordZilla
03-26-2006, 12:44 AM
-I would like to add more, but it seems I'm at the max for objects. Adding more makes others disappear.
-The “bumps” on the field were put in to provide some kind of cover (bunkers), otherwise it was just suicidal.
-Yes you can go into the stands, but only with jet-troopers and also only so high .
- There are ‘steps’ in the stands.
-A few things didn’t work out as good as I had hoped but until I learn to model I have to use the objects that are shipped.
- I do want to upload this map, but all my maps are huge, I have to find a site specifically for BF2 maps. Not a file-share site, because they are usually limited to how much you can upload. As soon as a DEDICATED SB2 site is created for map uploads/downloads I will start uploading.. :-)
 toue
03-26-2006, 9:08 AM
well then i eagarly await the upload and till then am i right in assumeing you used the yavin 4 arena stands for the stands?
 GordZilla
03-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Nope, yav2_bldg_bigwall .. Arena stands wouldn't have been a bad idea but they are hard to line up properly.
 JohnLocke
03-27-2006, 10:55 PM
I think one of the best things is the Pepsi logo in the back.
You could have a whole sports theme going: football field, baseball diamond, hockey rink, NASCAR track, etc.....
 toue
03-28-2006, 9:46 AM
that would be a good idea except maybe the nascar, somehow it doesn't seem right to me but it would be nice for one of those racing maps
 vidgamer838
03-28-2006, 1:10 PM
nascar w/ spedder bikes! or pod racers if someone makes a modle for them
 GordZilla
03-28-2006, 5:58 PM
It's hard to do, well not hard to alter the tga's , that part is easy, but once you change one, you can't use different versions of the same (at least I couldn't figure it out ;-) . What I mean is in the example above with the 'pepsi' logo, that is done on the 'yav long wall.odf/tga' (forget the odf's file name right now) . I tried to create a seperate odf and msh (copy and pasting with different names) and then doing the same for the tga that the msh points to. But there is other code in msh that seems to prevent this. Being far from a coder, I cut my loses and map on. There used to be "legos" (blank blocks) with the old version of Zeroedit, so far I haven't seen any for this version. These Legos would certainly help in doing a Nascar theme map.

Watch this space , I'm going to post some screens from my latest experiment in altering tga's :-) "Straight Halls" (yeah the name sucks but I don't know if I'll ever share this one, just trying out some techniques.

One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to alter the skins of the "sides" turrets ...i.e. \side\tur\weap_built_minigunturret.tga" ...etc etc . I can get the new skins to appear in the editor but not the Game. :-(
 GordZilla
03-28-2006, 7:20 PM
 esteroth12
03-28-2006, 8:12 PM
It's hard to do, well not hard to alter the tga's , that part is easy, but once you change one, you can't use different versions of the same (at least I couldn't figure it out ;-) . What I mean is in the example above with the 'pepsi' logo, that is done on the 'yav long wall.odf/tga' (forget the odf's file name right now) . I tried to create a seperate odf and msh (copy and pasting with different names) and then doing the same for the tga that the msh points to. But there is other code in msh that seems to prevent this. Being far from a coder, I cut my loses and map on. There used to be "legos" (blank blocks) with the old version of Zeroedit, so far I haven't seen any for this version. These Legos would certainly help in doing a Nascar theme map.

Watch this space , I'm going to post some screens from my latest experiment in altering tga's :-) "Straight Halls" (yeah the name sucks but I don't know if I'll ever share this one, just trying out some techniques.

One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to alter the skins of the "sides" turrets ...i.e. \side\tur\weap_built_minigunturret.tga" ...etc etc . I can get the new skins to appear in the editor but not the Game. :-(

when you munge, don't forget to munge the side. there will be a drop box next to sides, you want that to say "tur", not "nothing"
 GordZilla
03-28-2006, 8:43 PM
Oh yeah, tried that ... nope not the answer. I can't get that to work...I read the jedi creation.doc...which helps but I can't figure that skin out. There's got to be an easier way ("copy this.. create this folder...edit these 4oo files...don't copy this but copy that..." damn confusing :-) It soo easy to edit the regular odf's/msh/tga's but the stuff in the sides folder I can't get to munge , editor reads from it no problem, every change I make appears there. :-(
 toue
03-29-2006, 10:09 AM
that looks good alot like some giant kids playroom but i bet it'd be hard to see sometimes as the roof and walls are the same "wallpaper"
 GordZilla
03-30-2006, 5:45 PM
Yes it's actually just a 'toy' map, I was playing with textures and seeing what could be done (by an amateur like me :-) ... yeah it is hard to see the enemy, but that's almost a bonus.
 biny
03-31-2006, 12:50 PM
When/where are we going to be able to download these!? They look awesome!
 GordZilla
04-07-2006, 7:20 PM
I want to upload them as soon as there is a well establish, non-paying or signing up for, fully dedicated BF2 map upload/download site. There has been sites like that for almost every game -with an editor- out there, one always rises above the rest…and that’s the site I’m waiting for. I like going to one site to do all my shopping :-)….it’ll come…..Well I hope it does, cause this next map I actually want to share;
 GordZilla
04-07-2006, 7:21 PM
 GordZilla
04-07-2006, 7:22 PM
 GordZilla
04-07-2006, 7:22 PM
 GordZilla
04-07-2006, 7:23 PM
 Darth Andrew
04-07-2006, 10:55 PM
That is one awesome map. Does the AI have a ton of pathfinding issues with it?
 Commander Obi-Wan
04-08-2006, 12:49 AM
That is one awesome map.

No doubt. That's pretty sweet.
 GordZilla
04-08-2006, 8:28 AM
The pathing(planning) was extremely difficult, it's not perfect but for the most part it works, there are a couple areas where the AI gets stuck. But if you crank up the AI numbers you barely notice that. There must be close to 200 hubs for the planning :-) .. good thing I had time on my hands ... hehe
 toue
04-11-2006, 12:29 AM
man that new one looks fun too *begs for big bf2 mod site* is it as laggy as it looks? cause it looks like it could be pretty dang laggy
 GordZilla
04-12-2006, 6:24 PM
It plays well on my PC, but that is a good question....I don't even know if it'll work in multiplayer... I sure hope so :-)
 Alkonium
04-12-2006, 6:27 PM
Wow, that Tarzan's Dream really reminds me of the Maguuma Jungle from Guild Wars. Nice work!
 Draught Vader
04-17-2006, 9:42 AM
How can you create your own maps for Star Wars BattleFront 2, is there a programe you have to download to create maps?
Page: 1 of 1