Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium - Released

Page: 4 of 5
 JeffMitchell
08-23-2006, 4:10 PM
where is Bastila on Telos?
 mimartin
08-23-2006, 4:25 PM
where is Bastila on Telos?

Bastila will be standing right in front of the Ithorian area in the middle of Residential 082 West between the Information Console and the door to the Ithorian complex.
 JeffMitchell
08-23-2006, 6:06 PM
hmmmm, that's strange. I don't remember seeing her there.

I'll start a new game a use the tips here.

Thanks
 Jae Onasi
08-23-2006, 10:47 PM
hmmmm, that's strange. I don't remember seeing her there.

I'll start a new game a use the tips here.

Thanks

She's standing in the grass right next to the info console (the one where you get the map of the area) right near the entrance to the Ithorian's place. If you start from a Peragus save (or just before you get to Telos for the first time) you should be good to go. Make sure the files for the mod are not in subfolders in your override folder. If they are, move them up to the main override folder. Do the same with the modules folder, too. There might have been an issue with a conflict with USM, but I thought he fixed that.
Good luck!
 The Source
08-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Sorry for my absence. I have been preparing for college. Ahhh... One week away. :)

JeffMitchell - Hey Man. It looks like everyone has given you help. Most of what needed to be said was allready.

Bastila's (1st Appearance) can be found on Telos outside of the Ithorian Compound. She will be standing next to the 'transit system'. Sometimes her robes causes her to blend in with the tree and foliage. Talking to her on Telos activates the entire mod. If you have anymore problems, please feel free to ask for help.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=162211&page=1&pp=40)

Other Note - If you are using other mods, there is a potential for uncompatibility. Please check their mod readmes and the one for DAP.
 DarkReborn
08-25-2006, 8:02 AM
in the readme, there says that 4-LOM is in nar shaada, but there are only Zuckuss and Bossk, wheres 4LOM? because, its one of my favourite SW droids, along with IG-88 and HK-47
 JeffMitchell
09-03-2006, 2:51 PM
Sorry for my absence. I have been preparing for college. Ahhh... One week away. :)

JeffMitchell - Hey Man. It looks like everyone has given you help. Most of what needed to be said was allready.

Bastila's (1st Appearance) can be found on Telos outside of the Ithorian Compound. She will be standing next to the 'transit system'. Sometimes her robes causes her to blend in with the tree and foliage. Talking to her on Telos activates the entire mod. If you have anymore problems, please feel free to ask for help.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=162211&page=1&pp=40)

Other Note - If you are using other mods, there is a potential for uncompatibility. Please check their mod readmes and the one for DAP.

Sorry I asked for help. Everyone here was nice about it, but I guess there's always one who copes a attitude in every crowd, right?
 The Source
09-03-2006, 4:41 PM
@ JeffMitchell:
Don't be sorry.

***Scratches head in confussion.***

If you have a question, please feel free to ask it. Ignore the other banter. Most people here a polite and kind. :)

@DarkReborn - 4-Lom labeling was a mistake. Sorry man. I misslabled the original character 'Zuckuss', and forgot to change the readme.
 JeffMitchell
09-07-2006, 5:52 PM
dudes, I'm still lost on the nomi sunrider deal

Tell you what I've done so far. I talked to Bastila she said meet her on dantooine and gave me a lightsaber,etc..

Finished Telos and went to nar shadda, did the dance thing for vogga the hutt, then went to the rooms behind fassa. Went to Dia, went through all her dialoge (she said something about 20,000 credits and Bossk) then I hit up to 3 sith and the 2 shops, the ithorian, the guy looking for his wife . So I go to talk to Bossk and the only dialoge is he can 1) tell you about bounties on Sonia and some guy on Dantooine or 2) Tell you a long paragraph about the bounty guild. and that was pretty much it. Nothing was mentioned about 20,000 credits or anything.

After I talked to him I went to pylon 1 and Nomi is there and she says "come back later, I'm busy at the moment"

So to make a long story short, I know I sound like a idiot, but is there somethiing I'm missing?
 The Source
09-07-2006, 6:36 PM
dudes, I'm still lost on the nomi sunrider deal

Tell you what I've done so far. I talked to Bastila she said meet her on dantooine and gave me a lightsaber,etc..

Finished Telos and went to nar shadda, did the dance thing for vogga the hutt, then went to the rooms behind fassa. Went to Dia, went through all her dialoge (she said something about 20,000 credits and Bossk) then I hit up to 3 sith and the 2 shops, the ithorian, the guy looking for his wife . So I go to talk to Bossk and the only dialoge is he can 1) tell you about bounties on Sonia and some guy on Dantooine or 2) Tell you a long paragraph about the bounty guild. and that was pretty much it. Nothing was mentioned about 20,000 credits or anything.

After I talked to him I went to pylon 1 and Nomi is there and she says "come back later, I'm busy at the moment"

So to make a long story short, I know I sound like a idiot, but is there somethiing I'm missing?
In order to continue the story, you have to travel ffrom Telos to Dantooine. Once they are done, you will unlock the dialouge on Nar Shaddaa.

Also, pay attention to the Journal Entrees. There are hints in there.
 The Sith'ari
09-09-2006, 3:15 AM
First of all, nice mod! I have some questions though. I met Bastila on Telos and she has a sorta dark side look on her face (with tattoos and dark eye shadows). Is that normal?

Also, in the medical room in the same module where I met Bastila, there's someone called the lost jedi who looks exactly the same as Bastila, and the conversations that she gave me are identical to those given by the real Bastila. Is that normal?
 CaptainWhyNot
09-10-2006, 2:44 PM
First of all, nice mod! I have some questions though. I met Bastila on Telos and she has a sorta dark side look on her face (with tattoos and dark eye shadows). Is that normal?

Yes, this is normal, as in her conversation she talks about her leaning torwards the dark side. And, you have the choice of helping to pull her back to the light side or to push her further along the path of the dark side.

Also, in the medical room in the same module where I met Bastila, there's someone called the lost jedi who looks exactly the same as Bastila, and the conversations that she gave me are identical to those given by the real Bastila. Is that normal?

No, this is not how it should work. But, as I mentioned earlier in this thread (see post #119 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2125982&postcount=119)), this will happen if you have the Holowan Plugin installed and do not remove it's "ond_dip.utc" from the Override folder. Also, if you have "999comf.dlg" (also from the Holowan Plugin) in the Override folder, then it will cause Bastila to have the wrong dialog for this mod which would make it so you can't start the quest. So, if you get rid of those conflicting files, it should work.
 sniper1707
09-11-2006, 6:00 PM
the bastilla on dantooine wouldnt talk to me and the sith assasin that is right outside the docking port on dantooine just stands there and doesnt attack you and when you talk to it all it says is leave me alone
 CaptainWhyNot
09-11-2006, 9:47 PM
the bastilla on dantooine wouldnt talk to me and the sith assasin that is right outside the docking port on dantooine just stands there and doesnt attack you and when you talk to it all it says is leave me alone
Did you talk to Bastila on Telos beforehand and tell her you'd meet her in Khoonda on Dantooine? You have to do that to start the DAP quests, otherwise she and others won't talk to you.

If you talked to her on Telos but didn't have the option of telling her you'd meet her in Khoonda, then, as I said in my previous post, make sure you don't have "999comf.dlg" in your Override folder (as it would override Bastila's dialog in the module). And, make sure you followed all the installation instructions.
 sniper1707
09-11-2006, 11:36 PM
ok leme do this from before i killed bastilla on dantooine with the kill anyone nuetral or enemy or friendly
 The Source
09-12-2006, 6:17 PM
CaptainWhyNot - Not many people say this, but I felt it was necessary. Thanks you for answering people's questions. Since my workload is pretty high, I have not really had the chance to move around. I was just assigned a Sernior Project, which has been very overwhelming. Once again, thanks for helping the crowd out. :)
 CaptainWhyNot
09-12-2006, 6:36 PM
CaptainWhyNot - Not many people say this, but I felt it was necessary. Thanks you for answering people's questions. Since my workload is pretty high, I have not really had the chance to move around. I was just assigned a Sernior Project, which has been very overwhelming. Once again, thanks for helping the crowd out. :)

You're welcome. Glad to be of service :c3po3:. I'm one of those lightsiders who feels the need to help when I have something useful that I can say or do. And, I hope things are going well for you, even if they are keeping you too busy to work on mods :Pout1:.
 darthyorktown
09-26-2006, 8:30 PM
what character does she replace? does she ride on the ebon hawk? does she have voice?
 Jae Onasi
09-27-2006, 12:11 AM
what character does she replace? does she ride on the ebon hawk? does she have voice?

Bastila doesn't replace any characters or ride on the Ebon Hawk. However, it's still fun anyway!
 Emperor Devon
09-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Jae Onasi posting in a modding forum? Now this is a rarity. :p

To answer your last question, darthyorktown, she does not have full voicing. :)
 Jae Onasi
09-27-2006, 12:57 AM
Jae Onasi posting in a modding forum? Now this is a rarity. :p

To answer your last question, darthyorktown, she does not have full voicing. :)

I did the editting and some of the beta testing for the mod. I may not know all of the mechanics of actual mod creation (OK, almost nil), but I got to play it a lot before it got released, which was great fun, too. ;)
 darthyorktown
09-30-2006, 6:20 PM
i talked to bastila on dantooine and she said she is going to find revan, then she disappears. when do i see her again?
 CaptainWhyNot
10-01-2006, 3:16 PM
i talked to bastila on dantooine and she said she is going to find revan, then she disappears. when do i see her again?

You don't. Or, at least not as part of this mod.
 The Source
10-03-2006, 7:20 PM
I left Bastila's story open, for she may possibly apear in KotOR III.

------------------------

Emporer Devon - Jae's expertise was welcomed in the creation of DAP. I could not have re-edited the dialouge without her help. :)

------------------------

I don't know what else to say. ***Scratches Chin***

As of: Tuesday, October 3, 2006:
T- 2 Months 2 Weeks 1 Day
 Dadur
10-03-2006, 9:16 PM
I talked to Bastila on Telos only got an open and blank quest... all the others on dantooine, say they are busy now, come back later... have tried to talk to Bastila several time even went back to Telos and chatted her again.. to see if I did something wrong... never had "Holowan Plugin" installed so the 2 above mentioned files arent in my override, checked to make sure that another mod didnt have them... have like 10 mods installed... cant tell ya which one could be causeing the problem... and Bastila never had an option to meet anywhere... she said we would talk later, but later is same convo choices...
 CaptainWhyNot
10-04-2006, 12:44 AM
I talked to Bastila on Telos only got an open and blank quest... all the others on dantooine, say they are busy now, come back later... have tried to talk to Bastila several time even went back to Telos and chatted her again.. to see if I did something wrong... never had "Holowan Plugin" installed so the 2 above mentioned files arent in my override, checked to make sure that another mod didnt have them... have like 10 mods installed... cant tell ya which one could be causeing the problem... and Bastila never had an option to meet anywhere... she said we would talk later, but later is same convo choices...

Hmmm, not sure what's going wrong. Could you tell us what the 10 or so other mods you have installed are?
 Dadur
10-04-2006, 2:38 AM
Tough question, but should have added them just in case some 1 asked... might be more than 10... :) Bastilia Shan, for PC choice, combat areana, hak pak, maidenlook... a different set of cloths basicly... nicer that her old 1s, vista robe, wrist console, realnames, exile item booster, USM, more feats, d3_doors, handmaiden4femexile, asian inderware mod, remote_influence.. thats the basic list though the are a few others items and so forth, but not other *.dlg, mods if thats the problem
 CaptainWhyNot
10-04-2006, 3:20 PM
Dadur:

Off hand, those mods don't sound like they'd cause problems, especially since most of them are ones that I use (minus the realnames and possibly different Handmaiden clothes and Bastila as PC mods).

These may seem like some odd questions, but here goes: When you first met Bastila, was she where she's supposed to be (next to the terminal in the Citadel Station Residential 082 West area of Telos)? Were her first words "<FullName>! So, you are the Jedi who I felt arrive!" (as they should be for DAP:HC) or something else? Do you have a "bast_tel.utc" file in your override that would conflict?
 Dadur
10-04-2006, 7:40 PM
yeah she says that... and then there are like 3 different convo lines...
and she is by the terminal in 82_west, and no I dont have a "Bastilia anything utc" file in my override... this is my first mod to include bastilia in my game, other than as a selectable PC head...

pardon my dots... I use them as statemnt seperaters... hard habit to break... :)

should I have installed DAP 10 first?? would that have made a difference??
 CaptainWhyNot
10-05-2006, 5:33 AM
Dadur:

No, this mod replaces DAP 1.0, so no need to install it first.

I assume that when you installed DAP:HC, that you followed the installation instructions including removing "204TEL_dlg.erf", "204TEL.rim", & "204TEL_s.rim" (among others) from the Modules folder. Haven't tried keeping them there myself, so not sure what the game would do with them there along with "204TEL.MOD" in the Modules folder.

When you go through the dialog with Bastila in Citadel Station, can you eventually go through selecting the branches for "Bastila? It has been a long time!", "Truthfully, I try not to reflect on the past"... (neutral) or "One should learn from the past"... (light-side), "Bastila Shan?! I thought you were....", "[Wisdom] Before I answer"... (optional), "I am being hunted"..., "Yes! I will be there!", and finally to "Bastila! Watch your back!"? If the mod is working properly, you should be able to make those choices in the dialog and get the quest started (which would then allow you to go through other dialogs elsewhere that rely on that quest's value).
 Dadur
10-05-2006, 7:13 AM
well think I found my error... the install "doc", I got lost trying to read it and totally missed removing those files will head back to Telos and see what happens today... is early, and I been up alnight... but never got branches for those 3 convo lines... but now I can see where my mistake is/was... will let ya know if I make it later on this afternoon... is 6:10am here.. gotta hit the hay...

thanks for your help.. and I really mean it...

PS hate word documents... text format works for me... :)
 The Source
10-05-2006, 10:24 AM
As of - Thursday, October 5, 2006:
T- 1 Month & 25 Days
(Newly Adjusted Time)
 Dadur
10-05-2006, 3:50 PM
well flew back to Telos, yeah got some convo choices but quest is still blank... do I have to start again from a save before I ever talked to Bastilia?? is a ways back like almost 5 lvl am almost done on dantooine, but quest is bugged there as well...

went back to a spot before I ever talked to Bastilia in Telos and chatted her up, quest log still came up blank... seems I am missing a trigger, to get the quest entry to fire... dang, and I was so hopeing to get past this today... :)

think I found my problem.. pretty sure of it... another mod over wrote the global.jrl file, but tbh can't recall which 1... is there a way.. to edit that file?? mind you I got no editing skills execpt with text files, and in this game that aint much help...

yep that was the problem... but is way back am lvl 15 atm, instead of almost lvl 20... wonder what mod added that global.jrl file...wonders what other area is going to be bugged now
 The Source
10-05-2006, 6:05 PM
well flew back to Telos, yeah got some convo choices but quest is still blank... do I have to start again from a save before I ever talked to Bastilia?? is a ways back like almost 5 lvl am almost done on dantooine, but quest is bugged there as well...

went back to a spot before I ever talked to Bastilia in Telos and chatted her up, quest log still came up blank... seems I am missing a trigger, to get the quest entry to fire... dang, and I was so hopeing to get past this today... :)

think I found my problem.. pretty sure of it... another mod over wrote the global.jrl file, but tbh can't recall which 1... is there a way.. to edit that file?? mind you I got no editing skills execpt with text files, and in this game that aint much help...

yep that was the problem... but is way back am lvl 15 atm, instead of almost lvl 20... wonder what mod added that global.jrl file...wonders what other area is going to be bugged now
Oky, I found the flaw myself. What you need to do is talk to her once, so you can trip off the other dialouge. Then, talk to her again, and the dialouge that is missing will be activated. Its a conundrum that has not been resolved.

Oh, by the way:

T- 1 Month & 25 Days
 Dadur
10-05-2006, 6:20 PM
when I first encounted her on Telos I tried 3 or 4 different times to get a quest update from her... but the "flaw" was on my end global.jrl was missing from my override, another mod had over written the 1 for DAP... checked my dantooine save 5 lvls higher and the entry was there though no quest details, basicly a quest name, but no text within it... and Bastilia looks kinda shadowy grayish... and says "I am busy now come back later" same with the sith assissin between the landing port and kunnda plains (main building area) though he is blue and as the rest I have encountered attack me on sight, he does not...

BTW why you saying it is tuesday the 5, when in fact it is thursday?? is it some kinda memory test?? :)
 The Source
10-05-2006, 6:28 PM
when I first encounted her on Telos I tried 3 or 4 different times to get a quest update from her... but the "flaw" was on my end global.jrl was missing from my override, another mod had over written the 1 for DAP... checked my dantooine save 5 lvls higher and the entry was there though no quest details, basicly a quest name, but no text within it... and Bastilia looks kinda shadowy grayish... and says "I am busy now come back later" same with the sith assissin between the landing port and kunnda plains (main building area) though he is blue and as the rest I have encountered attack me on sight, he does not...

BTW why you saying it is tuesday the 5, when in fact it is thursday?? is it some kinda memory test?? :)
T- 1 Month & 25 Days

Lol... Its Tuesday in MacLeodLand. Lol...

As for your curiosity, you will find out in '1 Month & 25 Days'. :)

Once you complete the entire dialouge with Bastila on Telos, the other characters will respond to you.

1. Telos: Bastila - All her dialouge.
2. Dant: Sith Assassin - All dialouge.
3. Dant: Bastila: Most of the dialouge.

If you complete the tasks in the above order, you will have not problem openning the dialouge on Narshaddaa.
 jripoll
10-06-2006, 9:53 PM
I can't get to either of those download mirrors is it just me?
 The Source
10-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Click on the link in my signature. I just tried it a moment ago, and it worked like a charm. I will change the links in this thread later. :)
 Sato Sparhawk
10-07-2006, 11:43 AM
I used your link but it's not Downloading :(
 Dadur
10-07-2006, 3:05 PM
well the Mod is working now... but somewhere along the line it reset the handmaiden4femexile mod... when I go and talk to disciple he wants to join my party, and replaces handmaiden... I hate the guy... at the point I ended the convo with him, he asked as a closeing remark why were you seeking jedi's... and the when he gets done talking there are 2 choices, pull you own weight or join me... both lead to the same thing... I am really upset about it... I just really hate him... even as LS jedi... I would rather commit a darkside act if I could dispose of him...
 CaptainWhyNot
10-07-2006, 4:42 PM
Dadur:
Glad you finally got DAP:HC working.
Well, I merged the handmaiden4femexiles v1.1 in with the dialogs and scripts by hand on my copy to be compatible with all the other mods I use. But, since then, stoffe -mkb- has released v1.2 which uses her TSL patcher and looks to be more compatible. I'd recommend that you try reinstalling it (using v1.2 which you can find a link for in stoffe's sig); and, if that doesn't work right, then ask stoffe about it (I don't see a thread for it here, so I guess you'd have to ask in the main Holowan Labs forum or by PM).
 The Source
10-07-2006, 4:58 PM
I used your link but it's not Downloading :(
Your not alone. For some reason the mod up at LucasFiles.com doesn't seem to be downloading. I will send a PM to Darth333 to see if she could help. :)

----------EDIT ADDED----------

I just tried other modder's files over at LucasFiles.com, and they all had the same issue. They seem to either time-out, or they don't even bother downloading. I don't know what the problem is. I send out an PM to see if we can get an answer.

Mac

As of - Saturday, October 7, 2006:
T- 1 Month & 23 Days
 GravelPit
10-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Any word on the problem with downloading from LucasFiles? I haven't been able to get anything for over a week now.

Also, does anyone know what the problem is with www.pcgamemods.com?) I've
been getting a PHP error everytime I try to access the site.
 tedneweb
10-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Well, at least now I know that it's not just my computer...

And this isn't just an isolated incident - EVERY SINGLE FILE I have tried to download has resulted in an MSN Search page stating:

We did not find any results containing xfer.lfnetwork.com/lucasfiles.com/downloads/1310/DAPHC123.zip.

or some such like that. These people need to get their act together, or they're going to have a riot on their hands.
 Jorad Khor
10-12-2006, 2:25 AM
Hi, I have the German version of Kotor II installed and the DAP mod but all the dialogue wonґt show up in the dialogue boxes. And I have also some other mod with an appearance.2da file and my downloaded DAP mod was delivered without the TSL Patcher so I canґt install it along with other mods that uses 2da files.
What can I do to get the dialogue to show up? Also sometimes I got an error message and that I should get in contact with the designer.
 stoffe
10-12-2006, 8:09 AM
Hi, I have the German version of Kotor II installed and the DAP mod but all the dialogue wonґt show up in the dialogue boxes.

It's most likely a localization issue, the mod only contains English text, while your game looks for text in the German locale. If you don't have any mods in German installed you can change the language setting of your game to English, which will make the game use the English-language text strings that most mods around here use.

If you want to change the language setting of your game, open the dialog.tlk file found in your game folder with a TLK editor (TalkEd can be used for this) and change the language setting (File menu --> Set Language...) to English.

As far as I am aware this will not affect any standard game content (i.e. the rest of the game will still be in German), it should only affect mods.
 Jorad Khor
10-12-2006, 9:15 AM
Okay, will try this and get back to you. Thanks.
 Jorad Khor
10-13-2006, 8:04 AM
Hmm, the problem is, I have some other mods using 2da files and I don't know how to alter 2da files to get several mods working. I downloaded your tool (2da converter/merger) and will try to merge the 2da files, also I am a nerd at such things.
 stoffe
10-13-2006, 8:16 AM
Hmm, the problem is, I have some other mods using 2da files and I don't know how to alter 2da files to get several mods working. I downloaded your tool (2da converter/merger) and will try to merge the 2da files, also I am a nerd at such things.

Which 2DA files need to be merged? Some can be just merged and everything will work, but others are referenced elsewhere and those references will need to be updated with the new line numbers they end up at, or the game might crash or behave incorrectly.
 Jorad Khor
10-13-2006, 9:27 AM
As far as I can recall right now these are the heads/oortrait/appearance 2das. I have several mods, that change the appearance of the NPCs and one, that makes Mission Vao selectable as PC. The other mods had all the TSL Patcher included, so it was not difficult to merge them.
Page: 4 of 5