Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

FULLNAME'S CAPITAL SHIP PROJECT v1.1

Page: 1 of 2
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
03-06-2006, 3:09 AM
Well, I finally got around to it.

Here's the first version, the only thing that's really in there right now is the transit system, but now that production is "Officially" starting, the lack of content will hopefully be soon remedied by me and anyone who wants to make stuff for it.

Download Ship Here! (http://rapidshare.de/files/17627886/Fullname_s_Capital_Ship.zip.html)
Edit:
[As far as I can tell, it's working fine (you have to scroll to the bottom of the page) but I'll try and get some mirror DLs for you soon:)]

*NEW* Alternate Mirror Download Site @ JumpStationZ

Apx 977kb:
Click HERE to download from JumpStationZ (http://www.jumpstationz.com/REDJOHNNYMIKE/Fullname_s_Capital_Ship.zip)

Full info here. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=152897)

Basically, it's just a...
BIG FREAKING HUGE SHIP!!! :D
Which I will eventually try to build a "Trekish" Star Wars saga around, and you can use in whatever way you can imagine. (wether playing in my story mod, or using the source files in your own mod)

Right now the ship is rather empty, over time it will start to fill up (hopefully with your contributions;)) every time a new system(s) is added, the mod will be updated to include it. The ship will always be available, none of this "when it's done" stuff, because it will be constantly growing as needs and requests change.
Examples...
#1. You add an NPC to a certain level, if you do not wish to share your work then that is fine, you may still release the modified files as your own creation. Or if your work fits well with the project, and your permission is given, then the files will be included with the whole, and all subsequent downloads of the mod will include your character, and you will be given full credit for your contribution.

#2. You wish to join the official project and are willing to work on the official modifications. Your work will be included and full credit will be given. Also, the more involved you get with the official project, the more you be able to be involved with, and learn more about, the top secret story mod;)

It doesn't replace the Ebon Hawk in the original TSL story. This would require rewriting most of the game (basically what obsidian did when they made it;))
You may try it on your own if you have the time and skills though, see file sharing info below, and in the readme.

Currently, it is only accessable by warping to one of the modules, after you've packed them according to the instructions.
It will not be accessable from any standard game locations unless you make a transition yourself. It is a standalone resource, and is designed around the idea of being flexible enough to aply in any way you see fit. When it is incorporated into a story mod (either the "Official" project, or your own story) it should include a way to start the game in one of it's locations, or it should include a way to transit to and from the ship, or you may not want to go through the work for your personal mod and simply warp to it.
I may have to make a "Debug chamber" Which will be a small module where all areas under construction may be accessable, will include tools for testing certain features or functions, and will be the "first stop" when accessing the unfinished ship (Veteran modders, please make suggestions:D)

You may use the source files for your own mods, and even re-release it with your own modifications (please pay attention to the readme on this subject;))
I would ask that, for the good of the whole project, anything you wish to add would be shared with the "Official" project. Sharing your additions isn't required, just requested and beneficial to everyone:)

Please read the readme, I've tried to cover most of the information.

*note* due to PCGamemods experiencing difficulty, the file hosting serivce I'm using seems to automatically terminate after 30 days, I'll try and re-upload it at that point as quickly as I can.:

EDIT: added an alternate download site for your mod RJM. I hosted it on my site :D ~ ChAiNz.2da
 Suikotsu
03-07-2006, 12:46 AM
How do we use it? Does it have any ingame use as of yet?
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
03-07-2006, 1:11 AM
Not currently, that's the project part;)
You download it, try it out, and either start putting whatever you want into it for your own use, make suggestions for the "official" version, or join the war effort and help fill it out.

The ingame use is what you make it, you can use it in your own story/area mods, or wait for the originally intended story to be developed (in that case it will be completely seperate from the original game)
 Meatbag
03-07-2006, 10:21 AM
But... what is it?
 DarkBlaidd
03-07-2006, 3:39 PM
how, exactly, do we reach this "capital ship"? do we start a new game?
 Ttam Mra
03-07-2006, 8:38 PM
Does it replace the ebon hawk? if so what happens to all those areas with the ebon hawk in them?
 RedHawke
03-08-2006, 12:40 AM
RJM,

You likely need to put a better description of what this 'mod' does exactly, and possibly add a link to your WIP thread, or else the only posts you are going to likely get here will be just like the three posts above.

Just my suggestion. ;)
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
03-10-2006, 12:46 AM
My appologies, I figured most people would've noticed it in holowan by now (it's taken me long enough:lol: ) but I'll update the original with better info.:)

I was trying for a balance between gaining interest and flying under the heavy radar until the project solidifies;)

edit:
@Dark Blaidd, After installing the mod (according to readme instructions;)), you may start a new game, or load a savegame, it shouldn't matter.
As long as you're in the game, you can warp to any of the modules at any time. You don't need a new game.
 DarkBlaidd
03-10-2006, 12:31 PM
um, hey I can't get to Peragus after starting a new game... can I get some help?
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
03-10-2006, 5:06 PM
@DB, Could you describe the problem in more detail?
I haven't noticed any odd compatability issues while using the modules.
Do you have any other mods installed and have you recently added more?
Where you able to access the Prologue (T3 and the ebon hawk)?
Did you make a .mod according to the instructions in the readme? (I packed it myself as I wrote the steps, so it shouldn't have much error)
Did you accidentally put the files into the Override folder instead of the Modules folder?
I'm sorry if the mod caused any problems, but as far as I know it shouldn't prevent you from starting a new game.
If you install the modules according to the instructions the modules shouldn't interfere with your gameplay at all, they are simply available for access through the console, much like the droid planet/factory modules originally included.
 DarkBlaidd
03-11-2006, 10:58 PM
*sigh* don't worry, I only had to re-install it, no big, b'sides, another mod screwed it up too . . . >_> Where you able to access the Prologue? No. it just shoved meh on teh capital ship, and in front of the galaxy map, with meh pc.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
03-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Does it work now?
I'm pretty sure it would be a problem with the game, because I don't have a galaxy map in the capital ship.
Did you pack the files into .mod form, if you used something else it might glitch the game?
I'm really sorry if it was my fault, but it tested okay.
 DarkBlaidd
03-12-2006, 12:52 AM
hm...
I am re-downloading . . . now . . .

Also, I may be able to do a little bit of help, I am learning KOTOR Tool

sry for teh triple post, but uh, it doesn't want to let meh warp there . . .

DarkBaidd, I have combined your Triple Post, please use the 'Edit This' feature to edit your posts instead of double and triple posting. Thanks. -RH
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
03-12-2006, 1:24 AM
I could help you out through PM if you like, then you won't have to worry about triple posting;)

Just PM me with information on what you've done so far.

edit:
Thanks RH, you got any idea what the problem might be?
 DarkBlaidd
03-12-2006, 1:28 AM
thx RH, thx, and btw, I love your mods! ^_^
 TheMonsterOfTheIsland
03-14-2006, 6:06 PM
I have a thought.

I am aware that the game engine does not allow for more than a 12 character party.

But with this capitol ship, suppose that you had the extra two characters on board the capitol ship. Then each of them would have a dialogue option that could trigger a switch between two of the characters. Then you leave the two extra characters on the capitol ship, and presto! You've just modified your party.

I do not have the mod know-how to pull this off. However, yall seem like you could do this in your sleep.

It would really be cool if

a) this was included in the capitol ship mod itself, or
b) someone incorporated the cap-ship mod into another mod that would extend the game and give you Disciple/Handmaiden and Mira/Hanharr to the capitol ship.

Also, from what I have heard about the size of this ship, it would not be a stretch to include other NPC's to the party. I'm talking Bastila, Carth, Nihlus, Vader... Anything could be possible!
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
03-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Hello, I don't think I've seen you around here, so welcome:)

Your suggestion is so good that we came up with it a while ago, great minds eh;)
That's why there is an entire deck (fuselage A) resricted to player and party characters (kinda like where all the "in" people hang out) it will include facilities reqired by the various characters for their use when not in the "active" party.

(a) Already planned:D
(b) That's why I'm making it as a "mod resource" in addition to being the base for my story, any one who wants to use it is welcome:)
Although I am trying to flesh out a good side story involving Mira (the bestest sw gurl eva!!!)

Carth is possible at some point, Bastila is locked in, but I don't think I'll do Nihhy anytime soon.

I have a W.I.P. in holowan if you get any more suggestions.
 Meatbag
03-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Well, you can always make a gallery of defeateds, with a room with holograms of great villains the player defeated... like Azkul.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
03-16-2006, 12:04 AM
@Meatbag, I have a thread in holowan (link at top of page) for suggestions.
But that is an excellent idea:D Since I already have a planetary hologram room planned, a boss trophy room would fit well.
 Safefire
03-18-2006, 3:20 AM
Looks good man! but, say I am in europe, and have a european keyboard, one with which there is no key to activate the console? How do i warp to your ship then?

EDIT: anyway, if you ever need more than 1gb of ideas for your ship in text format, then ask me. I can act like a visionary on crack if you want me to.

also, for silly sake, I think this mod deserves some of these:

:vsd: :vsd: :vsd: :vsd: :vsd: :vsd: :vsd: :vsd: :vsd: :vsd:
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
03-19-2006, 1:24 AM
I don't know how to activate the console on a european keyboard because I never had to:( I could check the troubleshooting section. I wouldn't think it would be too complicated.

If you click the "more info" link it will take you to the w.i.p. thread, that's the think tank for all suggestions, previews, and whatnot. I'd be glad to have the suggestions:D
 jaredhimself31
03-27-2006, 7:06 PM
Can you make it downloadable from this site?
 RedHawke
03-27-2006, 9:54 PM
Uh? No, this is a forum. You have to download mods from where the modders put them up for download. ;)
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
03-28-2006, 12:10 AM
Does the link not work for you?
 jedi7000nathan
03-29-2006, 9:42 PM
can post the Download on anothor website
 RedHawke
03-29-2006, 10:33 PM
jedi7000nathan, I have moved your post to the appropriate mod release thread.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
04-10-2006, 2:53 AM
Files re-uploaded, so they should work now.
 DarthMaul v.1/2
04-10-2006, 6:36 AM
Files re-uploaded, so they should work now.
Uh, no, they really don't. All I can do is get to the site and it has a column with PREMIUM download and one listed as FREE download. It will not allow me to download the free version, it just skips me to a registration page, and I have NO intention of signing up to PAY for that "premium" download service!

Is there something you can do, like post it in a more "respectable" MOD site? It SOUNDS cool, but nobody wants a headache like the one you get from that awful site your MOD is on!
 RedHawke
04-10-2006, 8:35 AM
Uh, no, they really don't. All I can do is get to the site and it has a column with PREMIUM download and one listed as FREE download. It will not allow me to download the free version, it just skips me to a registration page, and I have NO intention of signing up to PAY for that "premium" download service!

Is there something you can do, like post it in a more "respectable" MOD site? It SOUNDS cool, but nobody wants a headache like the one you get from that awful site your MOD is on!
I understand you are feeling angry, but please try to not take it out on the modder. It is there for download, and if I can get it without registering for anything so can you. I just did it to test.

You have to click on the free download, then wait for the ticket counter to count down (It is just above the Premuim links with Paypal Pics) then you have to input a confirmation code that is shown on the screen, then you get the file.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
04-11-2006, 1:20 AM
Thanks Hawke:)
It's the first one I got to work right, and it was never to problematic (I just usually forget when it times out;))

Did PCGamemods ever get straightened out?
 RedHawke
04-11-2006, 2:20 AM
Did PCGamemods ever get straightened out?
I don't know, I hope it does soon. Buying a really big HDD can cost you some $$ so I don't know if we will be seeing more adds after it does get upgraded. ;)
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
04-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Oh well, what can ya do? Adds are a decent tradeoff for being able to use the good ol' mod center;)

I can't believe 93 people dl'ed it in it's current state though :eek:
 vikke-viking
04-17-2006, 8:19 PM
But it whould be cool if you made a big mod out of it with new story chrarcters etc...
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
04-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Vikke, I've been having trouble with the PM lately so I'll just hit that and ^^^this post at teh same time.

The original plan was to make an episodic series based on the ship, but due to issues with my PC (*sniff* she led such a full life :() my "official" story is currently on pause until I can get it fixed, or magically conjure up the dough for a new one.

I'll tell you what I've told everyone else, You are free to use, add to, and modify any of the files in this mod. It's kind of like a new area to mod for (it is, but it isn't;)).
You can release any additions you want for it (if they're extra sweet they might make it into the story mod;)), new characters, wierd ship systems, even wall textures,
the ship is what you make it:)
 vikke-viking
04-20-2006, 3:15 PM
okey, but when you do get up and running im here to help:p
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
04-23-2006, 4:59 PM
FYI, Project out of limbo:)
 jedi7000nathan
04-23-2006, 9:40 PM
how get this to work
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
04-23-2006, 11:39 PM
I tried to make the instructions in the included readme as detailed and simple as I knew how.
If you can't find the answer there then please try to explain what doesn't work:)

One issue found during testing was bugs due to using too many other mods at one time.
 jedi7000nathan
04-27-2006, 6:31 PM
isn't easy
 Darth Manus
04-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Hmmm... It might be interesting to see some mode hidden compartments. Minigames might be an interesting addition, with a small XP reward for clearing them, or maybe special items. There's already a good amount of battle simulators out there, but a training room of sorts might be a good idea. I'd like to be able to practice with party members in sparring matches. I wonder if someone can come up with custom feats that could be gained that way. Another fun idea would be going around the galaxy engaging Sith ships, smugglers, pirates, slavers like the Red Eclipse and stuff like that. After all, a capital ship is made for battle.
If it wasn't too complicated, maybe you could get a few new NPCs to show up in certain locations, giving ship-related quests that you could retake over and over. Like transporting cargo, with the possibility of random encounters. Maybe you could also make use of the ship's size and carry refugees out of Nar Shadaa or other trouble spots.

As for the ship's interior, besides what I have already suggested, I suppose you could have the usual command room, maybe a big larger than the usual ones, individual rooms for each party member, and maybe an NPC droid that would act as a logkeeper (possible assistant for Mical?), with which you could have extensive discussions that would get you more XP, LS/DS points, or maybe even unlock two or three small planets for exploration. And since it's space, maybe you could also have the option of going around in the spacesuit, maybe to a space station (Suvam Taim anyone?)

Perhaps you could also use the ship to go to another location where you could mine valuable ores or otherwise collect components.

It would also be interesting if you could find more crew members along the way. People who could set up stores inside the ship, expanding them as you travel around and visit more planets.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing something along the lines of a computer with access to a database of all the characters you've encountered. Maybe profiles of the NPCs with holographic projections, that will become more complete as you gain influence with them.

I wonder if it would also be possible to use that ship to get out of Malachor V, in case you want to backtrack and do something you forgot before the Telos battle. But I wonder if that wouldn't have some nasty side effect.

But I'm straying from the central topic, which is the ship's interior. I think a large greenhouse would look nice... maybe with some gizka running around, for the people who miss the little things. At the risk of sounding PokŠ¹mon-esque, maybe you could get some more animals along the way. It would be interesting if you could somehow evolve the Beast Trick power, and use it to the extent Kreia described. Not that there are many beasts in the game, but still... Other places of interest could be an enlarged medlab, the usual workbenches, and maybe a shooting range or gym... or both.

Too bad one never gets to modify swoop bikes in the game...

Well, that's all I can think about for now. Of course I pity the unfortunate souls who ever tried to do all of this, but still... one can dream.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
04-28-2006, 1:44 AM
@Darth Manus, If you click the "full info" link you'll find the discussion thread, this is more for discussion of release/download related issues, but since you've posted here:)...

One of my earlier concepts was a mech-fighter with giant robots, if it ever gets made it will be in the far future though, more essential stuff to do first:(
Eventually a swoop track will be added.

There will be a sparring area just down the hall from the player's bedroom;)

I've got plans for smugglers, pirates, and slavers, although the slavers will be more on planet sufraces.

Once the ship gets filled out with some characters I'll start adding more management features (part of the story version involves using the ship as a starliner to cover up it's real purpose;))

The command room is the same in which you defeat Nihilus, there is an entire deck devoted to party member use, and you won't need an npc droid...your ship has a friendly operating system (think Andromeda;))

Space travel will take on a larger role in most episodes so space stations will be common.

I'm not sure how to implement it, but I have some ideas for a dynamic merchant system.

Also planned is a holographic "trophy room" with bios and souveneirs from enemies you've defeated, as well as a holo-planetarium with info on every planet you've visited.

If you could convince someone to add it to the original story it would be a good idea, but this ship (in it's official capacity) has it's own story, and was never involved with the malachor incident (It's a scrapped prototype for Nih's ship)

There have been some delays which have got this off to a very confusing start, and so far the only people to have any work done for it are Emperor Devon and I.
 vikke-viking
05-04-2006, 6:39 PM
but are you guys making a real mod out of this now? and if you do i can sponser you with a web site if you want...
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
05-05-2006, 2:06 AM
I'm not sure, a lot of the stuff I want to do I figured out how to do exactly. I'm also helping Darkkender with his stuff so it's probably going to be even slower, but you never know;)

I had hoped to make it something everyone could contribute whatever they wanted, but sadly there wasn't much interest, the only person to mod anything for it was Devon, but he had compy trouble and lost all his stuff:(
 vikke-viking
05-05-2006, 2:02 PM
hm.. well il see if i can get some modders together...
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
05-06-2006, 2:22 AM
It's been available for free modding for a while, there's just a lack of interest.
 ExileRevan
05-25-2006, 3:52 PM
How long would you estimate these additions would take? It sounds realy awesome... I'm downloading this mod now. By additions i mean the like information room, and swoop track. That would be like a minigame in itself XD
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
06-02-2006, 1:25 AM
It depends, if I can get help with the technical stuff (scripting and the like) it would go quickly. I've had quite a few problems with my PC (due in part to an obscenely old, corrupted, version of windows XP) which have hampered my efforts to get modding done, and prevent me from accessing the internet on that PC (making learning more about modding a rather annoying proccess). If I can get it fixed (without paying an arm and leg) I should be able to get much more done than I've been able to so far.

I'm also giving it a little bit of a rethink and am going to do some things differently. So expect a re-re-re-reannouncement (I've lost track of the stops and starts now:xp: ) which should get everything back on track.
But after having said all this, it will most definitely all fall apart:lol:
 ChAiNz.2da
06-06-2006, 4:48 PM
Not from LucasForums, but I've posted an alternate download mirror over at my site (JumpStationZ)...

Just check the 1st post in this thread where I added the new link ;)

@RJM, Hey man.. sorry it took me so long.. I really did get your PM and wasn't ignoring you ;) hehehe...
 sniper1707
09-11-2006, 6:20 PM
there was a problem with the winzip thging that says the file should be named something else or whatever
 Addlcove
09-12-2006, 2:01 AM
there was a problem with the winzip thging that says the file should be named something else or whatever

work tech support for a large company, and I have to say, that statement is the single most useless information to provide if you want help.

Specify

1. What the exact error message was
2. What causes the error to occur
3. Wether it happens every time
Page: 1 of 2