Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Favorite Web browser?

Page: 2 of 2
 jmac7142
03-12-2006, 2:53 AM
The version on XP won't work on Vista so it has to be different.
 matt--
03-12-2006, 12:36 PM
@Samuel Dravis-
Actually IE is a Windows component and can be removed :)
IE cannot be removed.

In part of the anti-trust proceedings against Microsoft, one of the chief arguments for MS's case was that IE was an integral part of the operating system. After it having been "removed" by the prosecution's experts, a tech from Microsoft (I think he was on the IE dev team) took everyone through a set of procedure's that ended in a fully functional IE back on the system.

The fact is its a shell for Windows Explorer.
 Samnmax221
03-12-2006, 10:21 PM
IE cannot be removed.

In part of the anti-trust proceedings against Microsoft, one of the chief arguments for MS's case was that IE was an integral part of the operating system. After it having been "removed" by the prosecution's experts, a tech from Microsoft (I think he was on the IE dev team) took everyone through a set of procedure's that ended in a fully functional IE back on the system.

The fact is its a shell for Windows Explorer.

Oh sure and MS goes around calling other companies "Communists", their the ones being totalitarian.

Found a great FF extension called Stumbleupon, basicly you click a button on the toolbar and it takes you to random pages people found interesting, also gives you ability to submit intersting pages to the Stumbleupon community
 yangyan
03-13-2006, 3:32 AM
firefox ftw!!
 RedHawke
03-13-2006, 4:08 AM
Yup Firefox here too...

Though I also use Maxthion on my laptop it isn't too bad either. ;)
 RobQel-Droma
03-13-2006, 4:58 PM
Safari. Never used FF, the only other I have was Explorer. Safari is better.
 Samuel Dravis
03-13-2006, 10:54 PM
The only problem I have with FF is that it eats up memory if it's left up too long. A lot of memory...
 JohnLocke
03-31-2006, 12:26 AM
Hmmm...let's see...
"grew" up on IE, cause that's all there was at the beginning. On AOL (would rather dig my own eyes out than go back to them..(on dial-up go Earthlink)) learned that using Netscape outside AOL gave me better connection and download speeds than IE on AOL. (33k and 1k...vs...50k and 6k). Switched to cable, learned that Netscape was bought by AOL, and converted to FF after that with no reason to look back. I only keep IE for those sites that "can't" load without it.
Firefox hands down.
 Darth_Death
04-01-2006, 11:36 AM
This may only happen to me but one falt firefox has is that it wont let you use or see some internet features. one example happens on yahoo music. Whenever i try to view a music video it wont let me see it because "the browser doesn't support it".
 Commander Obi-Wan
04-10-2006, 6:13 PM
I finally got FireFox! :D
 amnesiasoft
04-17-2006, 11:46 PM
Opera. Has all the features I use. Like mouse gestures, sure I can get them in Firefox, but why take the time to download FF and look for the mouse gestures plugin when I can just use Opera (which is a smaller download by the way)
 JohnLocke
05-06-2006, 12:34 AM
This may only happen to me but one falt firefox has is that it wont let you use or see some internet features. one example happens on yahoo music. Whenever i try to view a music video it wont let me see it because "the browser doesn't support it".
No it's not you. FF doesn't support it. But if you have the IE plug-in, you can open Yahoo Music in an IE tab. Then you should be able to see it. There are a few sites that are IE "only." But.....stick with FF, it has the best of both worlds.
 JohnLocke
05-06-2006, 12:36 AM
I finally got FireFox! :D
Good for you! You like it? You've tried the extentions and/or themes yet?

Edmonton > Detroit finally!!!
 Niner_777
05-13-2006, 7:59 PM
I've got Internet Explorer. I haven't had any experience with the others. I've had Internet Explorer almost as long as I can remember.
 Commander Obi-Wan
05-14-2006, 2:28 AM
Edmonton > Detroit finally!!!

lol, you watch it? Where you from?

Edmonton > San Jose. :D
 zerted
05-15-2006, 8:50 AM
IE cannot be removed...The fact is its a shell for Windows Explorer.IE can be removed. It takes some effort to do it but it can be done.

If it is only a shell for Windows Explorer, you could easily remove it. Its not. Its integerated into Windows, but its not an explorer shell. Shells are easily changed.

I don't have the latest version of Maxthon so I can't say how good this feature is, but they added an encrypted remote file access to it.

go give Maxthon a try http://www.maxthon.com/)
Page: 2 of 2