Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Changing space and Land Battle Pop caps.

Page: 1 of 1
 jake123456
02-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Does anyone know where does one change the space and land battle population caps? I tries to find it in xml files, but I couldn't, please help!
 Zorromorph
02-26-2006, 10:25 PM
The space cap is defined by FACTIONS.XML, each faction has an independent setting. The land cap will almost certainly require editing of the reinforcement points on each map, which at the moment is not possible.
 Slocket
02-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Try making a land unit population value 0.5 or even zero. See what happens. LOL

Then you will understand how much the AI can out build you!

You can also add more units per squad, effectively making more units on the field.

I doubled the infantry for Rebels from 3 groups of five ---> 6 goups of five.

Then double the cost for infantry. Now you will get effectively twice the units into the field to fight for one population cost. ;)
 Three60
02-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Yeah, it's in the Factions.xml to edit space limit, that was the first thing I did for my mod. Well, that and turn off land. Everything else was extra and/or needed.
 Slocket
02-27-2006, 3:06 AM
I got it to work. I can change the population cap on land battle via the above method, but it is a bit sappy. I made the infantry 0.5 points effectively by fooling the code into counting two for one. LOL

Talk about a land slugfest...sure you want to do this? It gets busy real fast on these small maps.

The regular land pop cap only counts in whole integers.
Page: 1 of 1