Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Missing Something?

Page: 1 of 1
 Master Leffe
02-25-2006, 3:33 PM
Alright, I'm by no means a modder. I'm the kind of person who just comes up with the fancy ideas for others to slave over (lol). I was wondering, does EaW even have a map or campaign editor/maker like most other Star Wars RTS games? One other question I had was this: Is it just me, or are shields significantly weaker when a ship first drops out of hyperspace? Thanks

:vsd:
 Three60
02-25-2006, 3:36 PM
1. The game has no editors for anything but the coding yet.
2. The shields need to charge from what I have seen in-game. I haven't seen anything in the code, so I'm not sure on it.
 Zorromorph
02-25-2006, 3:41 PM
The shields are weaker, and this affect is moddable. PG has announced that they will release a map editor. My completely uninformed guesstimate says itll be out in a couple months.
 Master Leffe
02-25-2006, 3:55 PM
Ok. The map editor issue was starting to really bug me, as was the shielding thing. Thanks guys.
 Adonnay
02-25-2006, 4:53 PM
Yea, vehicles and starships take more damage during the deployment phase. While this phase is obvious in land battles (shuttles deploying tanks/troops) it is not as obvious in space... but it is still there I think and lasts a few seconds.
 Ra2er
02-25-2006, 5:23 PM
yea it means that ships shouldn't be hyperspaced in within the firing range of enemy ships, just a tactical addition by PG.
Page: 1 of 1