Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing how rebels advance tech

Page: 1 of 1
 Three60
02-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Has anyone figured out how to do this? I've been looking at the T4-B specifically, since I'm editing the Galacti Conquest and that's something you have to steal from the Imps at that level. I can turn off buildings (it looks like they ahd meant rebels to just research tech like the Imps, they put in a rebel research facility) to be stolen or even made if there was land in my mod, but I can't turn of units. Anyone know how to take it off that steal tech page?
 Adonnay
02-25-2006, 12:41 PM
There's two lines you'll probably need:

<Build_Initially_Locked>Yes</Build_Initially_Locked>
This line means ... well obviously if you can build this unit directly after a certain techlevel/timeline is reached. If you set this to "no" it will appear automatically.

<Build_Can_Be_Unlocked_By_Slicer>No</Build_Can_Be_Unlocked_By_Slicer>
This line is probably what you meant... If you set this to "no" it can't be stolen. There is an additional line setting the money necessary for the theft.
 Necroe
02-25-2006, 1:14 PM
im tempted to lock xwings as to give z95's more use ;p
 Three60
02-25-2006, 2:56 PM
There's two lines you'll probably need:

<Build_Initially_Locked>Yes</Build_Initially_Locked>
This line means ... well obviously if you can build this unit directly after a certain techlevel/timeline is reached. If you set this to "no" it will appear automatically.

<Build_Can_Be_Unlocked_By_Slicer>No</Build_Can_Be_Unlocked_By_Slicer>
This line is probably what you meant... If you set this to "no" it can't be stolen. There is an additional line setting the money necessary for the theft.

I tried that, I'll try it again, but it didn't seem to do anything.
 Adonnay
02-25-2006, 3:02 PM
Did you check both, the units and the squadron files?
 Three60
02-25-2006, 3:05 PM
Not the squadron file. I'll check it.

EDIT: Why would the T4-B be located in the Squadron file? I looked, and it wasn't there.
 Adonnay
02-25-2006, 3:12 PM
Oh well you're right of course... I meant groundcompaniesrebel... the equivalent for squadrons.
 Three60
02-25-2006, 3:21 PM
oh, okay. Thanks.
 Three60
02-25-2006, 3:22 PM
oh, okay. Thanks. So I put those lines of code into both?
Oops double post.

EDIT: I got it to work. Thanks!
Page: 1 of 1