Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Concise Ship Name List

Page: 1 of 1
 mandead
02-25-2006, 4:53 AM
Can we please all contribute to this list? What are the actual names of all the ships in the game?

I mean, Pirate Frigate - what actual ship is it?

Jedi Cruiser - do I call it a Venator Star Destroyer or a Republic Attack Cruiser?

Jan Gaarni
02-25-2006, 5:24 AM
The Venator is an attack cruiser deployed by the Republic, so calling it that is ok.
It was considered by the people in the Star Wars universe to be the first of star destroyer line, and was classed as the Venator Class Star Destroyer. Calling it the Jedi Cruiser is totally incorrect if you ask me, so don't call it that. :D
Best is to call it the Venator Class, or just Venator, as Republic Attack Cruiser can easily be confused with the Republic Cruiser (ship that we se in the opening scene of Ep.I delivering Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, built by CEC), or Republic Carrier (small troop carrier used when Acclamators are just too big to be used or unneccessary), or Republic Assault Ship (Acclamator). Atleast on my part. :D

The interdictor is classed as Immobilizer-418, built by Kuat Drive Yards (KDY).

The Corellian Corvette is classed as CR90, and built by Corellian Engineering Corporation (CEC).

Let's see, what else ...

Nebulon-B is named right in the game, built by KDY.

Broadside-Class Missile Cruiser (or just Broadside cruiser), KDY.

Tydirium = Lambda-Class shuttle, Sienar Fleet Systems (SFS).

Tartan Patrol Cruiser, built by Damorian Manufacturing Corporation (DMC).

Marauder Cruiser, I can't remember who built it. I'll have to check when I get home from work.

I think that was it.

The pirate ships I would have to take a look at when I get back home.

Other than that, you just call them what they are called in the game. People should, theoretically, not get confused which ship you are talking about.
 mandead
02-25-2006, 5:26 AM
I don't call it the Jedi Cruiser, I chose that name as an example as that is it's tag name. I call it the Venator Star Destroyer, and allow it to be built only from merchant yards ;)

Thanks for clearing the rest up.

What of the pirate ships?
 Jan Gaarni
02-25-2006, 5:56 AM
I don't call it the Jedi Cruiser, I chose that name as an example as that is it's tag name.
I know, I'm just saying you or anyone else shouldn't call it that. ;)

Thanks for clearing the rest up.

What of the pirate ships?
When I get home. :D :p
 Three60
02-25-2006, 8:01 AM
The Marauder Cruiser is a custom ship by the Rebellion, so that should be it's name. They took out some stuff and added some other stuff.
 Phant
02-25-2006, 8:52 AM
The Marauder Corvette (it is NOT a cruiser) was designed by Republic Sienar Systems (later Sienar Fleet Systems) and was used almost exclusivly by the Corporate Sector.

In order to give the Rebellion an eqivolent ship to the Broadside, they completly fudged its weaponry.
 Jan Gaarni
02-25-2006, 9:01 AM
Ah, right, that's why my quick search online didn't give any satisfactory results. :)

You are absolutely right, it's a corvette, not a cruiser.
 Three60
02-25-2006, 9:05 AM
But in game it's called a Cruiser. I'm not saying it's not a corvette, but it's what he says. "Marauder cruiser here."
 Phant
02-25-2006, 9:10 AM
Yes but he's asking for concise ship names, just like the proper name for the Tartan is the Carrack class Cruiser (with a different look and minus its turbolasers)
 Necroe
02-25-2006, 9:25 AM
do the different types of carracks have different names as the tartan uses turbolasers while there apparently are different ones which use ion cannons
 Phant
02-25-2006, 9:33 AM
No, its just for some reason they changed the name of some ships. The XML even states that the Tartan was previously known as the Carrack

But they proberly would of used tags like -I & -L so Imperial clerks would know how many with different loadouts at any particular time they had to mess around with
 Necroe
02-25-2006, 9:48 AM
while it may be more realistic i think tartan is better especially if they look similar as in multiplayer u can really pause so u cant check which one it is!
 Jan Gaarni
02-25-2006, 7:24 PM
Uhm, the Tartan Cruiser and the Carrack Cruiser are 2 different vessels. They are not the same vessels at all. They arn't even related.

The Tartan Cruiser was created for the first time for this game. It has never been mentioned before anywhere .. ever. It's a completelly new ship.

Whoever gave you guys that idea?!? :confused:

Anyway, pirate ships: I can't place it. It has a similar design to the Action # bulk transport production line. Like a refitted transport ship.

But then again, there's lots of ships in Star Wars that has the same appearance, but isn't the same type of ship ... refitted or not. ;)

It could very much be a new ship, like the Tartan and the Broadside.
 16_BIT
02-25-2006, 7:30 PM
The pirate fighter = Rhkxyrk attack ship (Style 1), from SWG, as best I can tell. Its of the Black Sun line of ships for privateer pilots in that game.
 Jan Gaarni
02-26-2006, 5:21 AM
Hmm, well it's actually called "Rihkxyrk" (pronouced rik-zerk), and it was produced by TransGalMeg Industries (TGM).
It was used by for instance the Black Sun crime organization as mentioned above.
 mandead
02-26-2006, 5:28 AM
Many thanks :)

Why didn't the creators call the Victory a Star Destroyer, instead of a Cruiser? I've changed it back anyway, but I find it odd.
Page: 1 of 1