Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Do you cheat at pazaak?

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue15
02-22-2006, 7:52 PM
I like to save before a game and if i lose, reload. I can get better at the game that way, and make lots of credits if i happen to win.
 stoffe
02-22-2006, 8:07 PM
I like to save before a game and if i lose, reload. I can get better at the game that way, and make lots of credits if i happen to win.

I don't enjoy losing at pazaak any more than I enjoy losing in combat. Pazaak is (at least) 75% chance/luck anyway so I don't mind reloading a save if I happen to lose. :)

Though I usually only play pazaak when it has some kind of bearing on the story, or if you get non-credit rewards for winning. You get more credits than you can spend from picking up and selling loot in the game anyway. :)
 The Doctor
02-22-2006, 9:30 PM
I don't play pazaak at all. Not even for plot points, as it's not required. Same with swoop racing. I didn't like TSL's swoop racing or pazaak so much... I just sucked at them.
 JediMaster12
02-23-2006, 1:44 AM
Pazaak, I just count the numbers. I don't cheat, I just keep at it and eventually I win more credits than I lose. It's soo much fun because I play it on my terms even though the order of cards is left to chance. I play blackjack and regular 21 so it's nothing new to me.
 PoiuyWired
02-23-2006, 1:43 PM
Sure I reload, why shouldn't I???

I wish there is a pazaak minigame out though... LA should issue a minigame pack!! I mean not just pazaak but other games too, like scabbat.
 Darth333
02-23-2006, 1:47 PM
Only with Suvam in Kotor 1: I gave him the easiest deck (only + cards) because it was way too long to get my rebate :p
 JediMaster12
02-23-2006, 1:54 PM
Suvam, the Rodian on Kashyyk? Him I just bet the max amount of credits. I get it all back if I lose a bit. I find pazaak fun so I see no reason to cheat though I have a tendency to think the AI is the one cheating.
 RedHawke
02-24-2006, 1:56 AM
Suvam, the Rodian on Kashyyk?
:eyeraise: Did you even play KotOR I?
Suvam Tan the Rodian on Yavin Station...
:xp:
 PoiuyWired
02-24-2006, 1:36 PM
well, save/load combo is the oldest trick in the book when it comes to games...

And, we do deserve a pazaak game alone as a separate feature, which should be accessable when you clear the game once.
 Reclaimer
02-24-2006, 4:26 PM
Yes, I do. I have the best cards and best saves.
 Point Man
02-25-2006, 12:11 AM
If the game allows it, it isn't cheating.
 CS24
02-25-2006, 12:13 AM
I wish there is a pazaak minigame out though...
Here's one! (http://purepazaak.k0m3k.net/) :)
 JediMaster12
02-25-2006, 12:44 AM
:eyeraise: Did you even play KotOR I?
Suvam Tan the Rodian on Yavin Station...
:xp:
Like I'm going to remember the name of a Rodian or two. Look my point is that I just like pazaak. I really don't care who the name is of my opponent, just deal me the cards and lets play.
 Jae Onasi
02-25-2006, 12:44 AM
I only cheat a little. :dev7:
 The_Maker
02-25-2006, 8:10 PM
Well, technically there is no cheatcode in the game that makes you win (e.g. in the dropdown list there is nothing like "winpazzak" you usually have to mod the game so your opponents are SO easy it just isn't funny, or you give yourself a lot of credits and don't play the game at all :xp:

But if your definition of cheating in pazzak is reloading a save game right before I started playing then yes. I cheat. I cheat a LOT. However I hate Pazzak because most of it is just chance and how hard the devs made the AI's deck. Swoop Racing I am ok with however because uhm... I play too much Gran Turismo 4 :D
 MachineCult
02-25-2006, 8:42 PM
I still don't even understand pazaak, lol.
 Hallucination
02-25-2006, 11:40 PM
It's only cheating if other people are involved IMHO. And yes I save and load, but only when it's necessary for quests. Other than for quests I just ignore pazaak.
 Vaelastraz
02-26-2006, 8:15 AM
I hate Pazzak, it is just too much luck for my taste. The AI is ALWAYS getting 20 when they have too :(

But i really like Swoop Racing because it's challenging to do TOP times at some of the tracks.
 Kensai
02-26-2006, 3:50 PM
Luck and chance are the reasons people get involved with gambling, and Pazaak is exactly that. Anyways, I do dabble, certainly more than Swoop Racing.
 Darth SINner
02-26-2006, 3:56 PM
nope never cheated.....ok so i like to cheat to get some of the cards i want then play pazaak. does that make me a bad person.
 PoiuyWired
02-27-2006, 4:08 PM
They should have a "cheat pazzak" force power that allows you to see the other guy's cards or something like that. ^^
 Reclaimer
02-27-2006, 4:26 PM
Pazzak can be confusing at first, but gets easier over time. Most people give up, but with the right cards and concentration, you can win.
 JediMaster12
02-27-2006, 5:19 PM
Well said Reclaimer. I've played 21 and blackjack so I know that the amount is strictly on chance and probability. The only true Ai I suspect of cheating is Gelrod. Maybe I should learn dejarik. Any way I thought pazaak fun and I play it when I can.
 Calda Raric
03-04-2006, 11:26 PM
I don't normally play pazaak. I find that the computer always seems to get 20 without even drawing a card from their hand. I always lose at it anyway, so why bother?
 Lantzen
03-05-2006, 3:24 PM
I save and load when i play Pazaak, but its not often i play it. At the Pazaak den i always get rid of all the opponents :dev7:
 Calda Raric
03-05-2006, 5:26 PM
I couldn't find any opponents in the pazaak den besides the droid.

I just played the Ithorian on Dantooine in the space port, and beat him! It wasn't that hard really, I just had to keep at it. (and load when i lost :dev9: )
 igyman
03-06-2006, 4:18 PM
If you call saving and reloading cheating, then no, I don't do that. I'm the pazaak master!!
 JediMaster12
03-06-2006, 5:14 PM
I bow to you then igyman *bows* All hail the god of Pazaak!

I don't cheat by loading and reloading. To me that is the wimpout version of pazaak. THe hardcore stuff is what I like, the playing it through and not mattering if I win or lose. The only reason I lose is due to carelessness on my part. My brother gets mad at certain moves I make but then he doesn't play like I do. :D
 RedHawke
03-07-2006, 12:35 AM
I suck really badly at Pazaak... so badly I have never even won one lousy hand. :(

So I no longer attempt to play this mini-game, saves all the frustration and reloading games. ;)
 PazaakPrincess
03-07-2006, 7:22 AM
I love pazaak! probably because I love blackjack. I found that it's the easiest way to make money on Taris by saving and reloading in Kotor usually because I need lot's of antidote and medpacs to make through the rakghouls and the dueling ring especially if you are LS because you're always giving your money away!

in Kotor ii it isn't necessary to make money with as there is generally lot's to find right away.

I prefer the simpler version of Pazaak in Kotor to the new cards in Kotor ii, I prefer to have side decks without the gold cards and even though the pazaak dashboard is faster I prefer the look and feel of the orginal.

When I need loads of credits I cheat at pazaak but I also spends lots of time just playing it for fun.

Pure Pazaak (http://purepazaak.k0m3k.net/) is awesome though
Page: 1 of 1