Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bonus map installation problems

Page: 1 of 1
 Zeikcied
02-21-2006, 2:20 PM
I just got Empire At War, the Collectors Edition in the mail a short while ago. I already installed it, and I used the bonus disc to install the wallpapers. I went to try and install the bonus maps, but after waiting a short while after clicking the button, it tells me that it couldn't find or verify the original disc.

The program never asked me to insert Disc 1, and I did try inserting Disc 1 after clicking the button. And that didn't work. Is it because I installed the game on a different drive, instead of the C drive? Or am I just missing something here? There is nothing in the manual about the bonus disc, so that's no help. And I couldn't find anything on Yoda's Help Desk about it. So I'm hoping someone here knows the problem, and hopefully I'm just overlooking some small issue and it isn't anything major.

Edit: Now I try again after patching the game to 1.02, and it suddenly works. How strange... Never mind, then.
 Slocket
02-21-2006, 3:03 PM
The pathc 1.2 fixed problems with the 'Fog of War' on the bonus maps. In reality it was needed to get the darn things to even install!

Can you tell us something about the bonus skirmish maps? Can you share with us? Are they singleplayer only or MP only or both?
 Zeikcied
02-21-2006, 3:29 PM
The pathc 1.2 fixed problems with the 'Fog of War' on the bonus maps. In reality it was needed to get the darn things to even install!

Can you tell us something about the bonus skirmish maps? Can you share with us? Are they singleplayer only or MP only or both?
I...don't know. I never really planned on playing Skirmish mode. But they are Skirmish only maps? Bummer. The game is still cool, though.
 shadowsfm
02-21-2006, 6:57 PM
i have still problems getting my compter to read my game dvd most of the time.

the bonus maps are polus land and space, ryloth land and space, and kuat space from compaign i think.
Page: 1 of 1