Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Activating Venator

Page: 1 of 1
 ElizLestrad
02-19-2006, 4:13 AM
Ok, I know the Venator is in the game because I saw it in the demo, Im wondering though how I activate it in the full version. I have all the XMLs extracted.
 Orao
02-19-2006, 5:09 AM
You can't because they removed the model for it. It is now replaced by pirate frigat.
 ElizLestrad
02-19-2006, 6:09 AM
Dang...that was an awsome ship too.
 Elukka
02-19-2006, 6:34 AM
The demo has the model, maybe you could get it from there?
 tsenre78
02-19-2006, 7:07 AM
I'm not sure about modding it to be buildable, but the model is definately in the full game. I assigned one Venator to the rebel alliance at the start of a galactic conquest game, and it works perfectly fine.

You can find it in the UNIQUEUNITS.xml file. Just like the demo, it uses the "Jedi Cruiser" tag, so it's a matter of adding that into your starting units in the CAMPAIGNS_SINGLEPLAYER.xml file.

You can also do the same for the swamp speeder, pod walker and v-wings, though I haven't got them to work this way yet.

If anyone knows how to mod it so we can build it, do let me know.
 ElizLestrad
02-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Well I figured how to get it buildable by the Empire, but for some reason it shows up in the ground units and not the space units. Im going to try and see if I can fix that.
 splintercell56
02-19-2006, 12:19 PM
If you play a skirmish game you will notice that when you capture the merchant space dock one of the ships your supposed to be able to buy is a Venator Class cruiser.
 Max Outrider
02-19-2006, 4:17 PM
If you are interested I have made a small mod to activate the Venator to be built by both Rebel and Imperial sides. You can find it here: http://forums.hyper-stream.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
I was going to make it Imperial only but the Imps have too many ships as it is so I made it available to both.
 Orao
02-19-2006, 5:38 PM
Hi MAX. Your mod isn't working in campaign for me. I installed it as you instructed but I have no option for building. THX.
 Max Outrider
02-19-2006, 7:16 PM
Rebels have the tech to build it at level 2 or 3 after you steal it (can't remember what I set it to :P). Imps have it available to build at level 2 or 3 like any other ship. You also have to have a level 2 or 3 station to build it from (again, I can't remember what I set it to).
 Orao
02-19-2006, 7:26 PM
Ok thx...
 arkodeon
02-19-2006, 8:33 PM
Easier way.

Download the EaW_XML thingy file from this same forum.

Go to the uniqueunits.xml in the DEMO FOLDER, not the new one.

Open it with an XML editor.

Find Jedi_cruiser, and copy all the values, including the jedi_cruiser_r, and such.

Open the NEW uniqueunits.xml, the one for the full version.

Then find the jedi_cruiser in that file, and copy & paste over all of the values.

Save the changes, and you have a brand spankin' new Venator. ;D
 enterman
02-19-2006, 9:58 PM
Easier way.

Download the EaW_XML thingy file from this same forum.

Go to the uniqueunits.xml in the DEMO FOLDER, not the new one.

Open it with an XML editor.

Find Jedi_cruiser, and copy all the values, including the jedi_cruiser_r, and such.

Open the NEW uniqueunits.xml, the one for the full version.

Then find the jedi_cruiser in that file, and copy & paste over all of the values.

Save the changes, and you have a brand spankin' new Venator. ;D
Where is the EAW_XML thing? I dont see it in the forum.
 Slocket
02-19-2006, 10:25 PM
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=160708) Main thread. The XML from patch 1.1 and 1.2 is indentical. It was only a MP connection update. Find the download link there.

Plus as stated above, copy the relevant data from the DEMO XML over to the said file. Easy.
 enterman
02-20-2006, 12:12 AM
I did what u said and nothing happened. When and who can build it if I do what u said? Also will this work in skirmish?
 Slocket
02-20-2006, 12:25 AM
It needs to be specified for use in Skirmish, the DEMO was set for GC mode only.

I should say use one of the Demo Mods that has the Jedi_Cruiser enabled. It was not just the plain DEMO xml but the modifed one to enable the Venator, then it should show up in GC mode at least...

I can take a look...to so what modes it will work in, then maybe a download so you got the correct XML.

EDIT:

I modified the UNIQUEUNITS.xml in the full game so either side can build the Venator. It works in Galactic Mode. Need to try Skirmish.

I am having a problem trying to get it to spawn V-wings or anything.

The reason the other person had it in the ground unit because the devs changed the XML , you just need to set it for a 'space unit'.

It shows up twice for me in the build icon. I think it is just a matter of playing with the 'GUI' Settings and Tab whatever.

Want a copy of this? Just place into a folder called XML inside DATA just like the demo. The tech level I placed at 0 and level 1 Space station to build for 2500. I copied the data from Bryant and Ghost demo mod. You can change it to whatever you want.

It is odd that it will not spawn even X-wings. I put in the Hanger and such, hmm...I like to have a clean mod to release but trust me, you can build the Venator if you want right now.
 Orao
02-20-2006, 4:51 AM
Just for the info. Empire basic tech level in files is 1 and the rebelion basic tech level is 0.
 ElizLestrad
02-20-2006, 6:37 PM
I got the Venator working in Skirmish

Only one question. I was under the impression that the Venator was the republic command ship so shouldnt it be MORE powerful than the Acclamator? Because it seems like its too weak.
 damacles
02-20-2006, 7:02 PM
Has anyone gotten this to work for the single player campaign? If so, how?
 arkodeon
02-20-2006, 7:48 PM
I have gotten it to work in the single player campaign by copying the data in the Ultimate Mod 1.9 XML uniqueunit.xml file to the EaW_XML download, the link supplied above. I have gotten it to spawn V-Wings and Y-Wings using another code found on this forum as well. ;D

I got the Venator working in Skirmish

Only one question. I was under the impression that the Venator was the republic command ship so shouldnt it be MORE powerful than the Acclamator? Because it seems like its too weak.

One could argue that it is weaker in the game because as it was left out it probably was not balanced, or another balancing act was performed after it was taken out, effectively making it obsolete. Ideally, the Venator would be more powerful than the Acclamator, have hangar capacity, and its weapons be on par, or slightly under that of the Victory.
 darth_vadar_13
02-21-2006, 6:44 AM
when u hav downloaded the mod for the venetor do the rebels hav to steal the technology to build it in the galatic conquest?
Page: 1 of 1