Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem with patch 1.02, this is messed up

Page: 1 of 1
 Anakin_Krist
02-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Same problem with 1.01, I get the message:

Wrong disc inserted.
Please insert the original "SWEAW" CD/DVD.

This is screwed up. It needs to be fixed!
 Some guy
02-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Do you have oryginal Eaw?? Not pirate one? :)

if yes, try re-install...
 Perfect Soldier
02-18-2006, 12:49 PM
While I do not have that same problem I still can't get into multiplayer.
 Anakin_Krist
02-18-2006, 1:59 PM
Ok... here goes.

My DVD is real, pre-ordered from play.com(uk) Wed 15th, arrived at Fri 17th. I install it, and can play single player all I want. I click multiplayer: "You need an update to play online". Get the patch and BOOM "Wrong disc inserted"

I called activision and they said they have had alot of poeple with this problem. So it needs fixing right away!
 shadowsfm
02-18-2006, 6:12 PM
i had that message come up once. all the other times it says, insert cd, until i cleaned disk. now its running. still no mp
 shadowsfm
02-19-2006, 4:48 PM
well crap, now i have that problem, and it says "Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit. Try again?"
 mattwild
02-20-2006, 9:21 AM
Well, I get the 'please insert CD/DVD 1' message if I have clicked on the desktop icon, but the autoplay one straight from the CD seems to work fine. I just replaced the icon on the desktop with a shortcut straight to the .exe file.
Page: 1 of 1