Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Announcement: Soundtrack editor mod tool in develpment.

Page: 1 of 1
 rderveloy
02-14-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm beginning development on a soundtrack editor program for Empire at War. This is intended to provide an easy tool to help out the modding community in the development of more engrossing and engaging mods. It is also intended to provide an easy tool for players who want to listen to their own music in the game without having to put an additional resource burden on their computer by running an mp3 player program in the background.

This program will be based on the soundtrack editor tool that I developed and released for the demo.

Please post any comments or suggestions about this announcement here.

Once the development ramps up after the retail release, then I'll create a develpment discussion thread were discussions on this program's development and features can take place without cluttering up the forums.

If you wish to try out the soundtrack editor tool for the eaw demo, head over to http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=160458) for more details
 whiteflash
02-15-2006, 11:02 AM
cool i really hate that same music that comes on when someone attacks you
 rderveloy
02-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Yeah, me too. I also hate it when games play part of a musical score that I already know then abruptly end it on a whim because the game's sountrack only contains that segment of the score. The music fragment builds up an expectation then just ends up letting you down in the end.

Hopefully, this tool will help remedy such occurances in this game if they are present.
 Tom Servo
02-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Its obviously a very good idea, any dates? :D
 Sithman1138
02-17-2006, 1:25 PM
He'll start on Saturday...maybe. He doesn't have the full game yet
Page: 1 of 1