Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lucky for us all Cheney was a draft dodger

Page: 1 of 1
 SkinWalker
02-13-2006, 12:13 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4707354.stm)

The US Vice-President, Dick Cheney, has accidentally shot and injured a man during a quail hunting trip in Texas.

Can you imagine this boob with an assualt rifle on the range? Or worse, in a real battle? The enemy couldn't ask for a better weapon. Good thing he isn't in charge of anything, eh?

How about a caption contest?

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040418/040418_cheney_musket_hmed_6a.hmedium.jpg)

And then I told Harry, "look at my new tritium front sight. BANG! Oops."

<or>

"And then I popped a cap in his ass. Yo, Harry's my boy, but he was trippin,' dawg."
 Rogue15
02-13-2006, 12:21 AM
lol

who cares?

caption:

Don't worry, the safety is on.
 El Sitherino
02-13-2006, 1:47 AM
Nothing wrong with hunting, so long as it's not simply for trophy.

I have to wonder how he could accidentally shoot the guy though, either they weren't practing proper safety, or Cheney's just a dumbass.
 Kurgan
02-13-2006, 11:13 AM
While I agree with a good stick it to the man kind of thing, you could say the same thing about soldiers. Friendly fire happens all the time!

Anyway, please commense with the Cheney bashing... what a klutz, I hope the guy recovers (can he sue?).
 Kurgan
02-13-2006, 11:14 AM
While I agree with a good stick-it-to-the-man kind of thing (and this is perfect political fodder any way you look at it), you could say the same thing about soldiers. Friendly fire happens all the time!

Anyway, please commense with the Cheney bashing... what a klutz, I hope the guy recovers (can he sue?).
 Lathain Valtiel
02-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Congratulations on passing judgment prematurely...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/13/AR2006021300452.html?nav=rss_nation)

Oh yeah, it's REALLY a bad on him when he was basically snuck up on if the Washington Post is right.

I hereby declare that this topic fails at being meaningful.
 toms
02-13-2006, 12:43 PM
While I agree with a good stick it to the man kind of thing, you could say the same thing about soldiers. Friendly fire happens all the time!

Only if you are friends with the americans ;)

He's a millionaire friend of cheny who's been appointed to loads of state boards... i doubt he's gonna sue! They'll probably appoint him as ambasador to the caribbean or something as a make-up gesture.

...snuck up on him...
Yeah, cos they are gona say anything different about the vice president. ;)
"Basicially our boss, the vice president, he's an old doddery fool and his aim was a bit wobbly". Not likely.
 Lathain Valtiel
02-13-2006, 1:41 PM
*Rolls eyes* American friendly fire is only reported more often due to how riled up it gets people. That's number one.

Number two, I think I'll take what's said in the article about the incident as the truth instead of your arguably biased assumption (and that IS what it is, you weren't there, now were you?). This does of course mean that I'm taking their word for it over yours, but then I see no evidence that I should take your idea of what happened as more accurate anyway.
 rccar328
02-13-2006, 5:10 PM
Who cares? Hunting accidents happen...the only reason this is getting press is because Cheney's the VP. It's not like anything really significant happened - Whittington's going to be okay, according to the news reports.
 SkinWalker
02-14-2006, 12:56 AM
You guys are kidding, right? Darth Cheney shot a guy wearing "blaze orange hunting gear" in the face! LOL

Sure, he didn't announce himself.
 Dagobahn Eagle
02-14-2006, 6:22 AM
Is this really a Senate topic?

It's not like anything really significant happened.
The guy who got himself shot might disagree with you on that:rolleyes:. Geez.
 toms
02-14-2006, 9:46 AM
*Rolls eyes* American friendly fire is only reported more often due to how riled up it gets people. That's number one.

I think in the first gulf war the americans killed more british soldiers than the iraqis. ;)

Not sure this really is a senate topic though... there is a swamp thread on it too.
 Kurgan
02-14-2006, 1:57 PM
Good point. I guess since we don't have a "current events forum" this sort of thing ends up here. Sometimes we call this the 'political debate forum.' If you want to argue about whether Cheney is a good Vice President or not that would fit.

I guess you could compare it to a lengthy discussion of Bush picking his nose in public or choking on a pretzel, or fights in the Taiwanese parliament.

When Politicians Attack! Coming up next, only on Fox... viewer discretion is advised.
 Zappa_0
02-14-2006, 2:35 PM
Anyone got any of the sites that they have been showing on tv, thats making fun of this accident? I would like to see the Elmer Fud picture again. I had a feeling that someone was gonna do that.
 Darth Andrew
02-14-2006, 3:20 PM
Good point. I guess since we don't have a "current events forum" this sort of thing ends up here.That's what Yoda's Swamp is for. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=160382) :D

I really can't see how this accident can be debated. The only 'controversey' is Cheney not getting a $7 stamp to shoot quail or something like that, but even there it's pretty insignificant. :indif:
Page: 1 of 1