Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MC: AotE: Old Friends and New Jobs

Page: 1 of 5
 Writer
02-08-2006, 3:10 PM
Mercenary Crew: Age of the Empire Part II: An Old Friend and a New Job

Recent events have placed the crew of the Echo on the way to Alderaan with a cargo of swoop bikes, a new Jedi crewmember, and a hitch-hiker known to some as SithHunter, to others as Tarla, and to still others as Riebe. Jana and Beryl took classes from this mysterious woman at the TCTA, but neither of them truly got to know her. As Riebe, this woman was Jana's babysitter. As SithHunter, she has made herself known to the Echo's crew as a challenging fighter with a frighteningly dangerous yet surprisingly small starfighter.

The Echo is getting ready to pull out of hyperspace. At that time, Riebe has promised to detach and get her fighter's hyperspace ring (a tribute to the fact that this fighter is old) and part ways. What none of them know is that an Imperial fleet awaits them at Alderaan, intent on destroying the Jedi...

Jana Vincent paced her room impatiently. The mysterious 'SithHunter' had completely captured her interest. Galaxy Killer, who had so recently threatened her life, had lost all importance. Jana returned to the computer console in her room and looked up 'SithHunter'. Riebe's face appeared and she shook her head.

"Don't go snooping into my past," she warned. "If I want you to know, I'll tell you."

"It is you!" Jana exclaimed. Suddenly, she was confused. "But you don't look any different..."

"So many years later?" Riebe finished. She smiled. "I've had a very long life and have changed very little in that time. Lived so long to remain nineteen!"

She seemed amused by this, but her expression turned quickly serious. "Don't look further into my past, Jana. You'll only find corrupted and deleted files."

"And more of you presumed dead," Jana snorted. Riebe nodded.

"That too," she agreed. "You're coming out of hyperspace soon... I'll be gone not long after that."

Jana sighed and agreed and Riebe's face vanished. Jana stood slowly and headed off to the bridge to see how much longer before they came out of hyperspace.
 starmark2k
02-08-2006, 4:17 PM
Nic was in the bridge looking out the front of the ship, It had been nearly 20 hours since he had invited the Jedi to join the crew. He thought the jedi would proberly be out of the infirmary by now, after all jedi and twi'leks heal quicker than most.

Nic noticed Jana's reflextion in the glass as she walked up to the bridge. "so can you tell me why we have someone using our ship to go through hyperspace and i'm not getting paid for it?" Nic asked still looking out of the front.
 Writer
02-08-2006, 4:58 PM
"She's offered to pay," Jana answered, smiling. "But she insists on a reduced price since she's not using anything but our hyperdrive."

She sighed and her smile faded. "Nic, I don't know what to make of her... when I was five, I remember her being my caretaker. When I went to the TCTA, she was an instructor and she didn't look any older... she changed her appearance, but now, I recognize the resemblance. It was her both times, both places."

Jana stared out past Nic into hyperspace. "How much are you gonna mind if I meet with her when we get to Alderaan?"
 starmark2k
02-08-2006, 5:06 PM
"It should be fine, I'll take the jedi with me when i go meet our contact... Let's see if she can be useful." Nic said turning and smiling at her "So she hasn't aged in 29 years, ha. Sounds like she has 'frequant flyer miles' with the core worlds cosmetic surgeons." he laughed.
 stingerhs
02-08-2006, 5:59 PM
Ryshana was more than just awake. In the infirmary, Ryshana was busy making sure everything was ok with the wounds from the explosion. However, Ryshana was a bit preoccupied in her mind. Why should Nic offer to shelter her aboard the Echo? To her, it didn't make much sense. As a Jedi, she had saved countless lives before. Heck, she had earned a reputation among the Commando's she served with as somebody they could count on in a crisis. She smiled as she remembered that she even saved Jeez's life on several occassions; although he had held that he had saved hers so many countless times.

Ryshana took a look in the mirror at the reflection she saw. Perhaps now is the time to finally stop and settle into something. Even if it is a group that never settles, Ryshana thought to herself. Heading out of the infirmary, Ryshana headed for the cockpit to finally introduce herself, and not an alias, for the first time.
 JasraLantill
02-08-2006, 6:16 PM
“OW!” The carbon polarizer clunked noisily on the metal deck of the hanger bay as Beryl hurriedly waved her hand in the air to cool the burn. She kicked the offending tool in anger, sending it careening across the floor.

“Stupid Imp’s!” she grumbled, examining the burn on her hand.

She had been trying to repair the damage to the Headhunter as best as she could, given the lack of spare parts and the second-hand tools. Cloud was busy with the engines, much more important than repairing a targeting system that she hardly used, so the work was slow going and tedious. And having burned her left hand with the plasma welder and now her right hand with the carbon polarizer, it was also becoming quite painful.

She hadn’t yet told Nic or Jana about the Headhunter being damaged. With the excitement of the battle, the injured T’wilek who had turned out to be a renegade Jedi, and the arrival of the hitchhiking SithHunter, Beryl really hadn’t had the chance to inform them that the Headhunter needed a new targeting computer. And knowing full well what the cost of such an item was, Beryl wasn’t really in a hurry to tell them either.

Disgusted with herself for being so clumsy, yet needing something for the burns, she headed for the med bay. Her attention focused on her injuries, she nearly ran head on into Ryshana as she was coming out.

Beryl eyed her warily. “Hardly expected you to be up and about yet,” she said to the T’wilek. “But glad to see you’re feeling better. And if you’re looking for Nic, he and Jana are on the bridge.”

And I’d be most obliged if you would go there now to keep them occupied while I treat my burns in secret, she thought to herself.
 stingerhs
02-08-2006, 6:48 PM
"Can't stay down forever," Ryshana replied as she headed for the cockpit.
 JasraLantill
02-08-2006, 7:23 PM
As she watched Ryshana head off to the cockpit, Beryl raised an eyebrow at her comment.

Hmm...quick to heal, combat experience, purposeful walk, determination...all good. I like. Hope she hangs around for a while. It would be nice to have someone else get 'the look' from Jana for a change.

Grinning, Beryl went into the med bay to see if Oliver was there to treat her burns.

((And if he's not, she'll treat them herself. ;) ))
 stingerhs
02-09-2006, 5:20 PM
Ryshana arrived at the cockpit and went inside. "So, what exactly are we doing now?"

((come on guys. this isn't getting boring already, is it??))
 starmark2k
02-09-2006, 5:28 PM
((I was waiting for wild or you to post... But i am curious where 3 of the players are.))

"We're on course for Alderaan." Nic said looking behind Jana "And i was wondering, Why didn't you change your first name, It was incredibly easy to find you on the database."

Nic then pressed a button on a console bringing up the bounty sheet on Ryshana, "There are only two twi'lek Jedi unacounted for, and only one called Ryshana." He smiled.
 stingerhs
02-09-2006, 5:39 PM
Ryshana smiled. "Well, you can't lose your entire identity. Besides, until now, nobody has really bothered to notice. The only reason why the Empire was chasing me recently was due to the last cover I was under.

Curiously enough, I was running as a legitimate cargo transport chief, but my Captain decided to get into some smuggling on the side. That is, until he was caught. I escaped, but not until I had revealed myself as a Jedi to the wrong person. Since then, I've been trying to find a place where I can get under the radar again."
 starmark2k
02-09-2006, 5:43 PM
"Hey, Flying under the Radar, It's what we do best." Nic said smiling at Jana. "So Jana we have a jedi on our crew now, Perhaps she can help with your problem."
 ExtreamJedi12
02-09-2006, 8:41 PM
Cloud heard what Nic said and got out of the engine room. "Well," started Cloud. "We should be safe for about 100 more jumps."
 Writer
02-09-2006, 8:44 PM
"You're the only one having a problem with her," Jana told Nic. Then, realizing that may not have sounded very positive to Ryshana, she blushed and turned to face their new Jedi crew member. "Not referring to you... don't worry."

She paused thoughtfully and then asked, "Have you ever heard of Riebe Sothe?"

((stinger, see discussion thread before posting :) ))
 stingerhs
02-09-2006, 9:47 PM
Ryshana quickly turned a bit cold at the mention of the name. "You mean one of the traitors? Yes, I've heard of her. From what I've heard, she turned her back on the Jedi in cowardice; she feared her death at the hands of the Emperor and turned to the Dark Side," Ryshana replied uneasily. Although she hadn't heard the whole truth of what happened to her, Ryshana had heard quite a bit.

Still, she had approached that bit of information with caution as she knew that she hadn't heard the whole truth. However, Ryshana had long ago decided that there were some things in the Galaxy that she just didn't need to know.

"She's no better than Darth Vader. Although I doubt her treachery goes as deep as his."
 Writer
02-09-2006, 9:54 PM
"Oh," Jana said thoughtfully. "I didn't realize she betrayed the Jedi... did she kill any?"

((Rumors said she killed Caitlin and Erica, but there has not yet been concrete evidence of this.))
 stingerhs
02-09-2006, 11:50 PM
"As far as I'm personally aware of, no she hasn't. I have to admit that I've been told she killed her apprentice. The name was Caitlin if I remember correctly. That and I was told later that she killed Caitlin's apprentice as well. If you ask me, though, rumors are just rumors. There's no evidence to support that."
 Writer
02-10-2006, 12:51 AM
"Well..." Jana said hesitantly. "She's sorta hitching a ride with us right now... did you ever see her fighter? She says it's old. I guess she's right, since she says it needs a hyperspace ring or another ship to travel as fast as we are now. She hitched a ride from Alderaan to the station and needed a ride back."

Jana sighed. "So, did you ever... see her? Do you remember what she looked like?"

((Long dark brown hair, always braided with the braid hanging halfway down her back. Gray-blue eyes. She's short... 5' 2"... looks 19, but nobody knows how old she really is.))
 XoRRoX
02-10-2006, 3:13 AM
Oliver is in medbay, where he id doing som experiments with some new medical equipment. Sometimes he is doing it on himself, but not this time.

Afther the "jedi" (Oliver didn't call the jedis) came aboard, he haven't been seen in the common room. He has doing something importent in his room, and on the door, there is a new plate hanged up: "Must not be disturbed!"

(I would like one, to see Olivers room later. And sorry i havent' been active - i was sick in a couple of days.)
 JasraLantill
02-10-2006, 6:05 AM
“Hey, Oliver,” Beryl said to the medic as she strolled into the med bay. “Do you have something for burns?” She held up her hands. The side of her index finger on her left hand and the palm of her right hand were bright red. “Just so it doesn’t blister or anything, you know? I was….”

She paused, unsure whether or not it was wise to tell him that she has been repairing the Headhunter. After all, he might inadvertently mention it to Nic or Jana. And they had enough to think about now, right? No need to bother them with the fact that the tracking system in the Headhunter was shot. Right? Besides, when they reached Alderaan, she'd just replace the damaged tracking computer with a new one. No one would be the wiser, right? After all, she had a reputation to uphold--and getting 'nicked' by an Imp on the way in to land when she had had plenty of opportunity to take more of them out was just plain embarrassing.

“Erm…I was doing some…erm…routine maintenance and sort of had a minor disagreement with a temperamental carbon polariser," she continued. "Oh, and a plasma welder. And…well, nevermind. Can you just see what you can do? It doesn’t hurt much, but it is kind of irritating. And I need to get back to what I was doing.”
 starmark2k
02-10-2006, 7:43 AM
Nic remained in the room while Jana and Ryshana discussed their Hyperspace leech, This seemed strange to him, Jedi didn't tend to become babysitters or teachers at military academies. His second thoughts was 'you don't meet a jedi in nine years then 2 come along at once'. he let out a small laugh as this thought ammused him.

Nic desided to let the ladies have their conversation and left the bridge, he walked into the common room and poured himself a glass of water.
 stingerhs
02-10-2006, 9:45 AM
Ryshana paused for a moment to concentrate. Sure enough, that forboding presence she had been feeling was still there. It was a presence that she hadn't accounted for, and it had been puzzling her since she woke up in the medbay. "Ahh, that explains the other presence I've been feeling. Hmm, its a bit strange...

As for what she looks like, well, I only saw her once, and that was back whenever I was still a young padawan. If I remember correctly, she was a bit short with long dark hair; braided, I think. I don't remember much else.

Anyways, I would recommend that you don't tell her about me. If she still serves the Empire, we could be in for a lot of trouble."
 XoRRoX
02-10-2006, 9:45 AM
"Well...i have something that should help". He took a blue bottle out of his disk. Neither inscription nor name.
"I did get something from our last trip to...i don't remember the planet. But - i should work, if that lazy tradesmen is right". He sprayed some blube "water" on the burns.
"We must hope, that it works then. I would not be...". Suddenly Oliver stumbled, and falled directly on the floor. His head landed on a strange box, and some bottles came out. On them there isen't stand anything - but the bottles look like juma juice bottles - but normally there stands a inscription on a juma juice bottle.
 steven
02-10-2006, 11:03 AM
As the captain entered the common room, the piolt Jack was sitting at the table, driniking from a bottle of beer. Jack turned his head to see who entered the room but apart from that he didnt pay any ittention to him.

How the hell could we of done that badly?
 JasraLantill
02-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Beryl arched a single eyebrow at the plethora of bottles that had spilled out of the box and onto the floor as she helped Oliver to his feet. “Erm…not to be nosy, Impe, but… those don’t look like the average Juma Juice. I mean, companies like to label their products, and these don't have any labels at all.”

The blue liquid he had sprayed on her hands was making the burns feel better, so Beryl bent down and picked up one of the bottles to examine it. She eyed both the bottle and Oliver dubiously, cracked open the bottle just enough to sniff the contents, and then blinked as her eyes began to water. “Whoa!" she said, choking slightly. "What is this stuff?"
 starmark2k
02-10-2006, 12:46 PM
"I've already contacted the Alderaan police force, they'll pick him up when we arrive." Nic stopped and took a drink. "They offered to still pay but i told them not to bother, spend it on Wades funeral ."
 Writer
02-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Jana hadn't considered that. She nodded. "We won't mention you, but if you sensed her, she may have sensed you."
 XoRRoX
02-10-2006, 2:31 PM
Oliver looked choked around the room, and took his hands to his head. He gaped at the bottle and suddenlt began to whisper: "Don't tell this to the others, okay?" He took a deep breath and continued.

"This...you remember our trip to the sand planet,Tatooine, i think? We meet those jawas, who showed me these bottles. They said it was a strong drink, taht of course was legal. I bought it, in my naivety, and began to drink it on our latest trip. I think that's why, i have been so sick." He took a deep breath again, and began to talk.

"I.. have read in news...that... the jawas "alcohol products" has been non-legal. So if the police if gonna se me with this, then i'm...". He looked up again, and he looked rather chocked
 stingerhs
02-10-2006, 4:12 PM
"True, and its likely she's suspicious. But, if we have to worry about her, then we'll do that when the time comes," Ryshana said. "For now, I think all of us could use a bit of rest before we arrive at Alderaan. I know we're close, but every little bit counts for something."
 JasraLantill
02-10-2006, 9:58 PM
“Jawa brew?” Beryl gingerly recapped the bottle, still recoiling from the fumes. “Well, this certainly brings a whole new meaning to ‘medicinal alcohol,’” she added under her breath.

She eyed Oliver over. He looked a bit bedraggled. “Look, calm down,” she said gently. “You can trust me. I won’t say anything. But, erm… it might be a good idea if you didn’t drink anymore of this stuff, yeah?” she added, as she put the bottle carefully back in the box.

“And if you’re worried about it being contraband, the med bay probably isn’t the best place to keep it. If you like, I’ve got space under my bed in my room to stash it for the time being. And once we get to Alderaan, I can look up some of my contacts. They might know someone who’d be interested in buying it. Under the table, of course. You probably won’t get what you paid for it, but at least you could recoup some of your money. If you’re interested let me know, okay?”

She turned to leave. “The door to my room is open. Just shove the box under the bed if you want to. I’ve got to get back to work now.” She flexed her hands, then grinned. Her burned and reddened skin was healing very quickly. “Don’t know what that stuff is, but it works! Thanks, Oliver!”

She started to head back down to the Headhunter to finish her repairs. Poor, Oliver, she thought. He was a truly law-abiding guy. She didn’t really have that much experience with contraband goods either, but she had done her fair share of blockade running. If anyone ever did discover the ‘illegal’ Jawa brew, well, she wouldn’t mind taking the blame for it. Oliver was a good person, but she suspected that he probably wasn’t a good liar if he ever got caught.

At the entrance to engineering, she paused. She thought about asking Cloud to help her with her repairs, then shook her head. Besides the fact she was a bit embarrassed about allowing her ship to get shot, she also didn’t want to take the chance that Cloud might inadvertently mention her costly ‘boo boo’ to Nic or Jana in passing. She shrugged, and then headed back down to the hanger.

She expected that Nic would be shutting down soon for sleep time, but she wouldn’t be able to sleep until she finished her repairs.
 XoRRoX
02-11-2006, 3:30 AM
“You can trust me. I won’t say anything. But, erm… it might be a good idea if you didn’t drink anymore of this stuff, yeah?” she added, as she put the bottle carefully back in the box

He nod quickly, while taking small breaths.

“And if you’re worried about it being contraband, the med bay probably isn’t the best place to keep it"

"There is actually more in my room. I was actually going to carry this box over, when you came"

“The door to my room is open. Just shove the box under the bed if you want to. I’ve got to get back to work now"

I can carry it 'till tour room later, i must also get to work now.

Oliver stood rather choked in medbay, and tried to think over, why she wanted to help him. "It isen't normal to help eaho other. Not were I came from" he whispered and began to work.
 JasraLantill
02-11-2006, 9:46 AM
Beryl stood back from the Headhunter and looked at her repair job. She sighed. Maybe passable to someone who wasn’t looking for it, but the exterior patch stood out like a sore thumb in her eyes.

“Well, at least it hides the fact that the tracking computer is fried,” she said outloud to herself. “Sort of.” She tossed the hydrospanner in the toolbox, and then closed it up. She’d better get these tools back to Cloud. Sure, it was the spare tool box, but she didn’t want him pulling his hair out looking for it. Pity, though, that the kick she had given the carbon polariser had damaged its stream calibration control. More of a pity that she didn’t have enough credits to buy Cloud a replacement.

As she crossed the catwalk, she paused, and then slowly cast her eyes downwards to their cargo.

Hmm…swoop bikes. As she recalled, there were quite a few good tracks on Alderaan. She might be able to convince Nic to let her ‘test drive’ one of them before the receiver took control of the shipment. Just for a few hours, so she might be able to race for the credits she needed to repair the Headhunter. Plus, with any luck she’d have some extra left over to get Cloud some new tools. And perhaps even some to wager with later on.

She continued on to engineering. Cloud wasn’t in plain sight, so she quietly opened the side storage area, and put the box back where it belonged.
 starmark2k
02-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Nic finished his drink and turned back to Jack. "We come out of hyperspace in a couple of hours. Jana and Ryshana are in the cockpit at the moment so you may want to leave it a bit... or chuck them out"

Nic then turned and walked out to the corridor, he saw Beryl leaving the Engineering, he grinned slightly, Nic knew that Beryl was trying to fix the Targeting computer. He checked the sensor logs after the fight and noticed the headhunter got hit he also noticed that Beryl hadn't left the Hanger since then so even he could work it out.

"hey, Beryl hows the Headhunter?"
 JasraLantill
02-11-2006, 2:03 PM
"Hey, Beryl hows the Headhunter?"

At the sound of Nic's voice, Beryl froze in her tracks. She had thought he was still on the bridge, occupied by Jana and the Jedi, and it surprised her to see him standing in the corridor. Looking at her. Staring through her.

"Erm...fine?" The words caught in her throat. She didn't like lying to Nic. But she'd figured he had enough on his mind at the moment without having her having to add her two credits to the pot.

"Fine. Erm...just fine," she continued, as she proceeded slowly towards him and the door to her room. "Nothing to worry about. Really. Actually," her voice trailed off. The smug look on his face told her that he suspected there had to be a reason why she had been spending so much time in the hanger. She suddenly remembered the burns, although healing quickly, might still visible on her hands, and as nonchalantly as she could, she tucked them behind her back.

"Actually, erm... I was just using the time to do some diagnostics... and... things. You know... erm, just routine checks. To... see... if everything's fine. Which it is. Fine, I mean." Reaching her door, she gave him a weak smile. "Just fine." She pushed the button to open her door. "Erm...I'm just going to get some rest now." She faked a yawn. "Make the most of the downtime and all that."

She backed into her room and quickly shut the door.

Now safe inside, she let out a deep breath. "Ugh! I am such a nerfherder! That was definitely not one of my better performances," she chastised herself.

She sat down on hard on her bed. She wondered if Nic knew what had been going on. Probably, she thought. Hard to pull something off on his ship without him knowing about it. And, now he'd be wondering why she had just lied about it. She sighed.

I'll have to tell him eventually, she thought. But not now. Later. Yeah, later. Like, after I replace the targeting computer and it's working again. Or, if he asks again. Or, if I can't find the right parts. Or,... Ugh! I really do need sleep!

As she bent down to take off her boots, she suddenly frowned curiously. Under her bed, there were several cases of Oliver's illegal Jawa Brew, not just the couple she had imagined there would be. She closed her eyes and sighed. Yup, she needed her sleep alright. She was going to have plenty to do when they got to Alderaan.
 stingerhs
02-11-2006, 3:54 PM
Ryshana got up to leave the cockpit. "Well, I'll be in my room if you need anything. Besides something still just doesn't feel right..."

As she left the cockpit, Ryshana noticed the exchange between Nic and Beryl. Ryshana tried to hold a grin back as she sensed the lie from Beryl. As Beryl ducked into her room, Ryshana looked over at Nic. "So, what's wrong with the Headhunter?"
 starmark2k
02-11-2006, 3:58 PM
As Jana's door shut Nic laughed, He enjoyed making his crew feel the Wrath of a captain, 'damage happens' he thought. No one is such a good pilot that they can avoid it.

As Ryshana approached Nic he turned to face her "So, what's wrong with the Headhunter?" She asked.

"The nose took a hit, it needs to be replaced, I'll pick one up after we land and put her out of her misery... but until then i'll have my fun, Captains prerogative." He said with a cheesy grin.
 Writer
02-11-2006, 4:57 PM
Jana came up behind Nic and Ryshana and slapped the back of Nic's head. "You toying with our crew?" she demanded, a wide smile on her face. She turned to Ryshana. "Being on our crew now, you'll have to get used to his 'fun'... I'm sure it won't be long before you end up being the source of his amusement."
 starmark2k
02-11-2006, 4:59 PM
Nic looked at Jana rubbing the back of his head "firstly... oww. secondly I'm not that bad, although it will be quite the challange to have some fun with a Jedi." He laughed "so whats our E.T.A."
 Writer
02-11-2006, 5:05 PM
"Any minute now, I think," Jana answered. She went to check with Jack.

"Cap'n wants to know ETA," she told him.
 starmark2k
02-11-2006, 5:13 PM
As Jana left Nic looked back at Ryshana. "Come on we need to talk." Nic said seriously nodding his head towards the Ladder down to the cargo hold. He proceeded to go down it and waited for the jedi at the bottom.
 steven
02-11-2006, 5:28 PM
"Ten or fithteen minutes," Jack replied, he was taking a quick nap in his piolt chair. He didnt even open his eyes to speak to her "Sometime between them."
 Writer
02-11-2006, 5:33 PM
Jana thanked him and told Nic. Then she headed to her room to rest as much as she could before they got to Alderaan.
 ExtreamJedi12
02-11-2006, 6:40 PM
Cloud walked in the hallway. He continued to wander until he found Nic. "I have 2 questions for you, Nic." Cloud started. "1: What starport are we going to land at? 2: Anything else wrong with the ship?"
 stingerhs
02-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Following Nic, Ryshana headed down the ladder. Ryshana started to say something, but she sensed Cloud coming over and realized that he was probably looking for Nic. Whenever Cloud arrived, Ryshana finally managed to get a good look at Cloud for the first time.

Not bad. A bit short, and that is some wierd hair... she thought to herself.
 starmark2k
02-12-2006, 3:29 AM
"We'll be landing at the Capital and I pay you to look for things that are wrong." Nic answered purposefully cutting it short as he needed to talk to Ryshana in private. "I think Beryl has a problem with the headhunter, you may need to see her."
 ExtreamJedi12
02-12-2006, 7:11 AM
"Alright." Cloud said before leaving. He looked around the ship until he found Beryl. "Nic said you might need help wih the Headhunter."
 starmark2k
02-12-2006, 7:31 AM
As cloud left Nic turned back to Ryshana. "O.K now you're on my crew we need to go throug a flew rules, Firstly we need to get you a better Alias and you need to keep all your jedi abilities to a minimum, i don't want you reading my crews minds . Secondly It's my ship and what i say goes, when i'm not here Janas in charge and when she's not here Jack is. I'll get Jana to stick you on the domestic roster, You're going to earn your keep, we don't give free rides here... In exchange we will keep you hidden from the Imps and i'll give you a cut from our jobs if you help us on them."
 JasraLantill
02-12-2006, 12:06 PM
"Nic said you might need help with the Headhunter."

Beryl sat up in her bed and stared blankly for a moment at Cloud, who was standing impatiently by the open door to her room.

“Didn’t your mother ever teach you to knock?” she said grumpily. Still half-asleep, she threw off the covers, and sighed as she sat up. Wearing only her tank top and underwear (as she had been sleeping), she grabbed her trousers from the hook by the bed and began to put them on.

“What?” she said, pausing to look up at Cloud as she did the final button and began to secure her belt. “Never seen a woman get dressed before?” She snorted, as she picked up one of her boots. “I find that hard to believe.”

Even though Cloud was quite a bit younger than she was, he was still a good looking guy. In her opinion, not one who would ever find it difficult to attract a person of the opposite sex if he wanted to. She imagined that he might be one of those ‘girl in every starport’ kind of guys, though she had never really pursued the issue with him. His private affairs were just that. Private. And she had no real wish to pry.

As she went to grab the other boot, she paused again. “Wait a minute…. Did you say ‘Nic’ said I need help with the Headhunter?” She closed her eyes and groaned. So Nic knew. Great. No doubt she’d have some explaining to do later, too.

Second boot on, she stretched her arms over her head, then quickly ran her fingers through her short blonde hair to get rid of the ‘just-fell-out-of-bed’ look.

“Ok, here’s the deal,” she said, approaching Cloud. “The tracking computer is fried. And I mean fried. The components are all fused together in one big, solid lump. There is absolutely no way of repairing it. I need a new one. Not that I use the darn thing much, but it’s helpful sometimes in seeing what’s coming up from behind, you know?

“Anyway, I managed to reroute the circuits around it and back to the main. So, as far as the main computer is concerned, tracking is just offline. But there’s also another small problem. The hole in the nose cone. I’ve patched it as best as I could, and to anyone else it probably looks ok, but to me it looks like....” She shook her head. “Sorry. I need coffee before I can swear properly. Let’s just say it looks ‘bad.’ Very bad. Probably good enough to hold up in deep space, but I doubt it would hold up with any G’s pulling on it. And if it becomes exposed, no telling what sort of debris would get in there and chew up the rest of the circuits.

“So, if you think you can help me with that, then great. But I need coffee first.” She moved past him and headed towards the common room.
 stingerhs
02-12-2006, 9:45 PM
"Don't worry about me Captain; I can pull my weight around here. I won't get in the way, and you won't have to worry about me in a pinch," Ryshana replied. "Besides, you'll find a Jedi is useful in more ways than one."
 starmark2k
02-13-2006, 12:53 PM
"Good to hear." Nic said with a smile. "Come on let's go see Jana, i'm sure we'll be at alderaan soon."

Nic began to walk up the ladder.
Page: 1 of 5