Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

modifying build times?

Page: 1 of 1
 mediumt
02-07-2006, 8:22 PM
Anyone know how to do this?

I tried changing the <Build_Time_Seconds> </Build_Time_Seconds> in the spaceunitscapital.xml to 1 second, but they still take the same amount of time to build as before. I figure there must be something overriding the xml file, since all the vessels in the demo seem to take the same amount of time to build, but i am not sure where it may be...

Thanks in advance for your help! ;D
 EAWFAN
02-07-2006, 8:54 PM
i know i have tried the same thing doesnt change probly hard coded
 Slocket
02-08-2006, 12:06 AM
Are you using BG Mod I assume? There may be a universal global in another file or the config.meg that controls it. That makes debugging and balancing the game quicker that way in development.
 Ali1392
02-08-2006, 2:34 PM
just do what your doing just dont make it stupid or it does not accept it also are u sure that the ship was not built you might of missed it as it only takes a second
 Nakatomi2010
02-08-2006, 2:47 PM
just do what your doing just dont make it stupid or it does not accept it also are u sure that the ship was not built you might of missed it as it only takes a second

Hehehehe

"Damnit, why isn't this working?" *Click, click, click, click* "Hey, since when do I have 18 VSDs??"
 mediumt
02-08-2006, 3:01 PM

hehe i wish, i watched the construction and it took more than 1 second :(

oh btw i am using B&G 2.6 mod. i also took a look at the xml files in the config.meg archive, i couldnt find anything that looked like a global build timer. i will have to take another look (or two) to be sure, though.
 Iamme
02-08-2006, 8:21 PM
pretty sure build times are disabled for the demo (hardcoded), though I may be wrong.
 Slocket
02-08-2006, 8:53 PM
I never could find anything to change the build time. All things in the game are set at 20 seconds. Hardcode I guess.
 EAWFAN
02-08-2006, 10:56 PM
<!-- This entry can be used to artificially make build times faster in tactical mode when debugging. -->
<Tactical_Build_Time_Multiplier> 1.0 </Tactical_Build_Time_Multiplier>

heres somthing;)
 augrunt
02-09-2006, 1:29 AM
... put that to 0.5 or .5 to make it half the speed

im sure it works.
 Slocket
02-09-2006, 2:59 AM
I seen that too. But it is for MP. They define 0 as normal time, 1.0 as 100% increase. I guess I never tried since it said MP. I will tell you in a few minutes if it changes any thing. I just doubt since a cpital ship was 90 seconds to build while a simple IPV was set for 18 seconds to build. I measured all units space land and structures all take exactly 20 seconds. This must be a universal override.

Plus I found an entry for hyperspace speed travel, to slow down the galactic movement of fleets. I want the game a bit more slower paced with longer drawn out epic battles.

As it is, it a one big **** fest.

UPDATE:

That has no effect on build time. Maybe changing the value in difficulty.xml may make a difference. On easy you are supposed get a faster build time.
I also thought building multiple building could make a faster build time as stated, but in this BG Mod you can only build one of a building on a given planet, you must re-enable multi-building such as mines (-1) -->2 to get more. Something like that.

Else, it is locked up real good in the DLL or EXE.
 augrunt
02-09-2006, 9:27 AM
nah... it cant be in the exe... believe me mate.
ive looked everywhere in that thing...
 Slocket
02-09-2006, 10:46 PM
DLL?
Page: 1 of 1