Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Original Trilogy Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 marisgal
02-04-2006, 6:59 AM
Hello everybody

I've been looking at the mods that are currently in development for EaW and they feature the Clone Wars (Imperial Assault II), the empire's defeat after the Battle of Endor (Legacy of War),... But, is there any mod featuring the original trilogy from Episode IV to Episode VI?

It would be very cool to play the Battles of Yavin, Hoth and Endor (and others from the Expanded Universe), use Tie Interceptors, B-Wings, Assault Gunboats, Tie Advanceds, SSDs and play with new heroes such as Luke, Lando, Moff Jerjerrod, Dark Troopers,...

What do you think?
 Juggernaut1985
02-04-2006, 9:31 AM
Legacy of War actually will have a mini-mod called Road to Victory that will be an Original Trilogy mod.
 Iamme
02-04-2006, 2:03 PM
There's a mod ready for conversion that has units ranging from the CW all the way to the Vong invasion.
 Darth_Extas
02-04-2006, 3:48 PM
That seems interesting, I will look forward to seeing it, I as well might agree that the OT mods will show promise.
But what is that mod called, lamme?
 Foshjedi2004
02-04-2006, 6:01 PM
That seems interesting, I will look forward to seeing it, I as well might agree that the OT mods will show promise.
But what is that mod called, lamme?

Well LoW has OT to Post Endor. I don't know of any other proper EAW mod doing what we are doing.
 Matthes
02-04-2006, 7:43 PM
There's a mod ready for conversion that has units ranging from the CW all the way to the Vong invasion.

well, that's not little stuff
i wonder how long they will need
or do they want to release it in parts?
 Iamme
02-04-2006, 7:49 PM
well, that's not little stuff
i wonder how long they will need
or do they want to release it in parts?
It's already DONE, except for the hardpointing.
Starwars Warlords http://warlords.swrebellion.com/)
An outdated shiplist http://warlords.swrebellion.com/shiplist.php)
Gallery http://warlords.swrebellion.com/gallery/)
I have no idea how long the conversion will take, but I imagine modeling the hardpoint break-offs could take a little while. (Programming them is easy) :)
EvilleJedi (author) is working also for the KOTOR era mod for EaW, too :)
 JediBdm
02-04-2006, 10:25 PM
IA2 is remaking IA1 for multiplayer only.
 Iamme
02-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Buh?
A: Could you post where mods would even be compatible in MP was confirmed?
B: By the files it looks just as easy to add ships to single player as it does to multiplayer, perhaps easier, considering the data's the same and you'd only need to change one value...

ER: And sorry for screwing up on the credits, Eville is also working on IA2.
 Dark_Dragon
02-06-2006, 1:03 PM
It good to see that you are converting Warlords to EAW, since there seems to be a lot of ships missing that I wanted such as the dreadnoughts, or the lack of Imp Hardware.

If Warlords for HW2 is going to be converted for EAW will the number of weapons on the ships be reduced or will they be the same as in HW2 where there's many many more? and also will you release them in packs such as Post ROTS-OT era and Post-ROTJ era, or are they all together?
Page: 1 of 1