Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who do you want to play as in KoTOR 3?

Page: 5 of 5
 Blind Squirrel
05-05-2006, 1:01 PM
I think a new character is the way to go. The new character should tie in both Kotor1 and Kotor2. In my opinion, this could be done by making the new character the offspring of either Revan and Bastila or Revan and Carth depending on whether you chose to play as a male or as a female. Since all the Jedi masters are dead except for Atris (and she is deranged), the offspring would be sent off to find the Exile for training in the ways of the force.
 Jasper_Kazai
05-05-2006, 2:22 PM
A new character. While I'd like to see Revan return (not sure about the Exile, haven't played TSL much), they'd have to power him down, and the story they'd have to come up with to power him down would probably be stupid. And he can't be a NPC... He's you.
 RaV™
05-05-2006, 3:43 PM
Complete new character. If there was suppose to be a certain off spring, we'd have to find Revan and the rest in nursing homes.
 igyman
05-06-2006, 4:50 PM
Anything, but an offspring! Please! If there is to be a new character, he, or she must be made from a better concept than this.
 crimson_88
05-06-2006, 5:24 PM
You know, I was thinking, what if you could be Revan, the Exile, and a completley new character. Like you would start and finish the game off as a new character, but after you did that, it would be possible to play as either Revan or the Exile in a completley differn't story line until (if this even happens in the game) Revan or the Exile meet the new character. I think it would be pretty cool, and you would have 3 differn't story lines and multiple endings. What do you guys think?
 Blind Squirrel
05-08-2006, 10:11 AM
It might be possible to play all three parts at different points in the game. Remember in Kotor2 on Telos when you as the Exile became B-4D4 in order to enter the Czerka mainframe to get the dirt on Jana Lorso? Portions of the Kotor3 game could be designed to allow you to also play Revan and the Exile for their respective roles in advancing the story.
 Prime
05-08-2006, 11:08 AM
You know, I was thinking, what if you could be Revan, the Exile, and a completley new character. Like you would start and finish the game off as a new character, but after you did that, it would be possible to play as either Revan or the Exile in a completley differn't story line until (if this even happens in the game) Revan or the Exile meet the new character. I think it would be pretty cool, and you would have 3 differn't story lines and multiple endings. What do you guys think?Way too much effort/cost to create that kind of game. And it isn't much fun to build up a character only to have to play with another one for the rest of the game. Better to develop a more in indepth story for one character.
 Lord_MalaKdoggk
05-08-2006, 1:38 PM
A new character only because my last 2 characters are both sith lords I wanna face them both at the end of k3 so I can become the one true sith lord (before palpatine's era)
 igyman
05-12-2006, 4:05 PM
That's an even more subjective way of looking at things than mine (Revan all the way). When thinking of a new character you have to consider all the possibilities from TSL. Revan and Exile could have been males, or females, Sith Lords, or Jedi Masters. Until an official chronicle, or something is released we can only speculate on which combination of events is the right one.
 Sanctuary
05-12-2006, 4:45 PM
 igyman
05-12-2006, 4:50 PM
Ummm... I think got the wrong thread when it comes to posting images.
 crimson_88
05-28-2006, 5:14 PM
I wasn't saying that while your playin as a new character, you suddenly switch over to revan or the exile. I was saying that it would be like a bonus that after the main story you could play like a mini story of Revan or the exile.
 Lord_Andre
05-29-2006, 6:11 AM
I voted for Revan,because it would be cool to have a master force user as a main character.In Kotor and Kotor TSL I understood why they were so weak at the begining, but now they are going after the real Sith and if your new enemies are comming to kill you what are you going to do? kill them with a Bothan stunner,no,we are going to kill them with Revan or the Exile. :vadar:
 igyman
05-29-2006, 6:18 AM
... but now they are going after the real Sith and if your new enemies are comming to kill you what are you going to do? kill them with a Bothan stunner,no,we are going to kill them with Revan or the Exile. :vadar:

Exactly, though the main character will, one way, or the other, have to be reverted to level 1. Otherwise, what's the point of playing the game from the beginning with a level 50 (or so) character?
 Lord_Andre
05-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Not necesarly Revan could start at level 20 or 25. :vadar:
 Prime
05-29-2006, 11:32 AM
When thinking of a new character you have to consider all the possibilities from TSL. Not necessarily. There is nothing to say K3 has to have much if anything to do with the first games. Revan and the Exile could be mentioned in passing, without having them form the basis of a new story.

Not necesarly Revan could start at level 20 or 25.But that would kill most or all of the character development. And going to levels much higher than that is just munchkinism.
 Arбtoeldar
05-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Level one neutral padawan is what I want.
 igyman
05-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Neutral, OK. New character, what for??
 Diego Varen
05-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Neutral, OK. New character, what for??

For KOTOR III.
 igyman
05-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Funny :xp:

I meant (for those with the urge to be funny) why would we need a third new character for KoTOR 3? A question I've already asked, but never got a satisfying answer.
 Diego Varen
05-29-2006, 12:42 PM
1. For Character Development purposes.

2. Make it feel less like an expansion pack.
 igyman
05-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Still not satisfied. And I'll never be, not until I hear a perfect reason as to why the story of Revan should not be finished by Revan, but instead with some third new face.
 Diego Varen
05-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Still not satisfied. And I'll never be, not until I hear a perfect reason as to why the story of Revan should not be finished by Revan, but instead with some third new face.

Okay then. If it is a new Character, he/she could learn about Revan and then have dreams (visions) about him/her. It will show Revan doing things. If you meet him/her at the end, he/she can tell your new Character everything.
 Atris2
05-29-2006, 1:51 PM
a completely new character that has a dark past
 Diego Varen
05-29-2006, 2:06 PM
a completely new character that has a dark past

Sounds like Atton.
 Hallucination
05-29-2006, 7:40 PM
But that would kill most or all of the character development. And going to levels much higher than that is just munchkinism.
Don't forget how annoying it would be to assign all those feats, skills, and force powers at once.
 igyman
05-30-2006, 3:34 AM
No it wouldn't. Because you'd get new skills and feats in the new part of the game.
 Cactus-Jack
05-30-2006, 5:07 AM
Hmm, i think it would be too hard to start you off as revan wouldnt it?

Unless it was along a similar theme, where revan had to travel aroudn 6 planets looking for the true sith/recruiting people to help him. But than that might feels a little too much like kotor1 and the star forge thing.

They could always have revan as a party member that you find? That way you travel as the new PC around a few planets recruiting peopel to help you in the search for revan, then you go and meet up with revan and join him in the fight against the true sith? But then that means giving him a voice, which might put people off. He would also need to wear his mask constantly to hide his face too.*

I wouldnt mind playing as revan again, but i think it might pose too many problems. How would they solve the problem of being level 1 again anyway?

I think i would personally like something along the lines of being recruited by the jedi order (which is being rebuilt, albiet slowly. Would be an excuse to bring back jolee for a bit-part as an old jedi ;) ). And the story would revolve around the jedi order trying to rebuild themselves to defend the galaxy against the new sith threat. Maybe even have the handmaiden/visas trainging jedi in an academy somewhere? (wasnt that the LS ending for k2?). But anyway, it could involve the jedi rebuilding their order, trying to build up ther number of jedi again to defand against the true sith, then you could either be sent/leave against their will to help revan/exile in the fight.

Having reven and the exiles fate shown in-game might be hard, maybe in one of the "big battles" scene against some of the true sith, you could see revan/exile fighting alongside other jedi.

Well, i totally went off on a tanget there, so i'll just stick with new PC as my answer ;)

*yes, i realise i referred to revan as "he" throughout this post :p
 Lord_MalaKdoggk
05-31-2006, 11:22 AM
well, as the 'dark' Revan in K1 I killed off everyone in my party except (doh- mental block- whats her name ) in K3 it'd be nice if Revan and girly had baby and Revan trains baby to be like father, who then kills dad in climatic power struggle to be baddest baddie.
...who then has torrid affair with handmaiden and then K4

;)
 igyman
05-31-2006, 1:53 PM
OH MAN!!! NOT AGAIN!!! WHY, OH WHY!?!? Why would you want a baby in the story?? That leaves a very big time gap between TSL ans KoTOR 3.
 Prime
05-31-2006, 2:02 PM
Still not satisfied. And I'll never be, not until I hear a perfect reason as to why the story of Revan should not be finished by Revan, but instead with some third new face.Because the vast majority of players want to play a new character for all the reasons specified.
 Lord_MalaKdoggk
05-31-2006, 2:26 PM
OH MAN!!! NOT AGAIN!!! WHY, OH WHY!?!? Why would you want a baby in the story?? That leaves a very big time gap between TSL ans KoTOR 3.

LoL, considering the gap between the first 3 films, and the 'original' films (SW:ANH,ESB,ROTJ) it's not unreasonable. And to train an 8-15 year old (child) character would explain why your character starts with no experience points AND would bring in a new genre to the game.
 Clone L68362
05-31-2006, 3:15 PM
I've thought about this some more, and I've come to thinking that a new character is the only way to go, at least for most of the game. I'd like to see Revan later on, when you're more powerful, so that him being a level 20 whatever makes sense. Hopefully he joins as a party member or maybe you use him for a certain task, something.
 RedHawke
05-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Hopefully he joins as a party member or maybe you use him for a certain task, something.
Won't happen for appearance issues...
 Darth Manus
06-01-2006, 7:23 AM
Well, the appearance issue could be circumvented by keeping Revan in his usual robes, mask and all. But that would probably annoy some players.
 Prime
06-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Well, the appearance issue could be circumvented by keeping Revan in his usual robes, mask and all. But that would probably annoy some players.It would annoy me. Why would my light side Revan go back to wearing his Sith Lord robes? And forcing him to do so would probably lead to me feeling he is no longer my character.
 igyman
06-01-2006, 12:25 PM
LoL, considering the gap between the first 3 films, and the 'original' films (SW:ANH,ESB,ROTJ) it's not unreasonable. And to train an 8-15 year old (child) character would explain why your character starts with no experience points AND would bring in a new genre to the game.

Movies and video games are two very different things. You can make that kind of gap in a movie and tell the story properly, but it's a lot more difficult and less interesting to have it in a game. Why? Because, let's face it, most of the game we'll be playing as an adult, so why would we need to spend 1/8 (and probably less) of the game as a child? What's the point?
 RedHawke
06-01-2006, 10:10 PM
It would annoy me. Why would my light side Revan go back to wearing his Sith Lord robes? And forcing him to do so would probably lead to me feeling he is no longer my character.
Exactly, and that is the Prime reason why I said what I said! ;)

I likely will need to pay some serious Pun Tax on this one! :xp:
 witchfinder
06-04-2006, 2:17 PM
Hmm...I'd like to either play the Exile, and through a series of dialogue options, determine how Revan ended up, and then show him being killed off.
 Clone L68362
06-04-2006, 7:05 PM
RedHawke, you made a mod that had a Star Forge-like version of Revan's Robes. Doesn't that look kinda LSish? They could always make some other kind of LS robe too.
 Lord_MalaKdoggk
06-05-2006, 9:58 AM
Movies and video games are two very different things. You can make that kind of gap in a movie and tell the story properly, but it's a lot more difficult and less interesting to have it in a game. Why? Because, let's face it, most of the game we'll be playing as an adult, so why would we need to spend 1/8 (and probably less) of the game as a child? What's the point?

I suppose so, but as I've treated both k1 and k2 as seperate games with no connection to each other I was just assuming the same for the next game.

Besides, I have no intention of buying the next one until I play K2 with the restorations as I don't want to be disappointed again.
 igyman
06-06-2006, 5:32 PM
Right, the Restoration Project. It's a little off topic, but does anyone know if it will be finished anytime soon?
 Darth InSidious
06-07-2006, 3:53 PM
I am sure it will be finished within a time known as "soon" :D

@Lord_MalaKdoggk: How do you treat them as separate games with all the threads running between the two, linking them? Just curious to know how :)
 Sith_Lord_Alzar
06-08-2006, 12:15 AM
it should be that the guy in the last game and visas or the handmaidan get married and have a kid and thats who yu play as
 Hallucination
06-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Except for the fact that the Exile could also be female, and no matter how hard she and Visas/Handmaiden try, they won't be able to have a child. ;)
 igyman
06-08-2006, 6:55 AM
:giggle1: Hallucination strikes again! :giggle1:

I think it's safe to say that we won't be seeing anybody's child in the potential KoTOR 3. A new character probably (unfortunately), but definitely no babies.
 Prime
06-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Except for the fact that the Exile could also be female, and no matter how hard she and Visas/Handmaiden try, they won't be able to have a child. ;)You underestimate Star Wars technology!!
 Lord_MalaKdoggk
06-08-2006, 11:49 AM
I am sure it will be finished within a time known as "soon" :D

@Lord_MalaKdoggk: How do you treat them as separate games with all the threads running between the two, linking them? Just curious to know how :)

It's all in MY head, but I could never get past re-using the ship.
 gamr37
06-08-2006, 4:24 PM
I think you should start new and eventualy get Revan and/or The Exile in your party
 SiTh_LoRd_ReVaN
06-11-2006, 1:38 AM
i agree with so many of you, getting a new character and building them up! i would LUV to see Revan and the Exile joining the party tho, jus because they are a big part of the series! Could be possible to see that but who knows!?!
Page: 5 of 5