Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Do you want the "True Sith" to play a part in the next game?

Page: 1 of 1
 RobQel-Droma
01-31-2006, 9:41 PM
Do you think that the True Sith will be an enemy in KOTOR 3, or do you think that they will not be - merely mentioned, and perhaps only the ruins of their Empire be seen? Or do you think that they will not be there at all?
 Vibro
01-31-2006, 10:00 PM
I think that they will be a major part of the stroyline in K3 and that they will be an enemy.
 Point Man
01-31-2006, 10:09 PM
I want to fight "The True Sith." I think it would be really cool if you have to find Revan and The Exile first and team up with them at the end for one super battle.
 JediMaster12
01-31-2006, 11:47 PM
The True Sith will be the enemy and you get to meet them face up. They are the darkness that is to come.
 CountVerilucus
02-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Well if the True Sith is not the main antagonist of the story, then who would it be? That wouldn't give it the Star Wars feel, uncool.

I know there is the original Sith species, and then there is those who follow the "true Sith ideal" as Kreia calls it. Which one are we talking about, or are they the same?
 RobQel-Droma
02-01-2006, 12:35 AM
We are talking about the original Sith species.
 RedHawke
02-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Kreia mentions the True Sith Empire in the TSL endgame dialog, so it likely will be a major plot point for KotOR III.
 Emperor Devon
02-01-2006, 1:28 AM
From what Kreia mentioned, the True Sith will play a major part in KotOR III. Besides, they can't have another Sith Lord pop up from the false Sith. They've had five already... Time for something new.
 Darth Windu
02-01-2006, 4:54 AM
Yeah, I really can't see Obsidian putting in the whole thing about the True Sith and then for the next game say 'ah, yeah, the True Sith...they're around somewhere but you won't have anything to do with them'.

I'm betting they will have a rather large role in the next game.
 Darth InSidious
02-01-2006, 6:17 AM
They won't appear. Instead, your character, offspring of a threesome between Bastila/Carth/Exile will fight their caretakers, who will appear to be Darth Vader clones. They will be ruled by an Evil Emperor Palatine, and your apprentice, the black daughter of Atris and the Exile will sacrifice herself to kill him.

Seriously, they will play a major part.
 Aurora Merlow
02-01-2006, 7:47 AM
They will be the enemy in kotor 3, otherwise all the information Kreia gave in TSL was pointless. Plus where have Revan and the exile gone, are we just to ignore what they are doing and fight another battle. I don't think so. The only reason i can see for them not being the main enemy is if OE or whoever develops it, wants to prolong the series and save the true sith for last, and just give us some other enemy in the meantime. Which i seriously hope doesn't happen
 Darth Sun_Tzu
02-01-2006, 8:32 AM
They will be the enemy in kotor 3, otherwise all the information Kreia gave in TSL was pointless. Plus where have Revan and the exile gone, are we just to ignore what they are doing and fight another battle. I don't think so. The only reason i can see for them not being the main enemy is if OE or whoever develops it, wants to prolong the series and save the true sith for last, and just give us some other enemy in the meantime. Which i seriously hope doesn't happen

Ditto.

They have to be in now, otherwise it would mess with the continuity of the story.

And I for one would be happy to have them in the game. I assume they would have to be soldiers left over from the Great Hyperspace War. Anyone have any other theories?
 Jeremia Skywalk
02-01-2006, 9:06 AM
I hope they don't appear, as well as revan, or too much of any other things of other kotor games, kotor tsl was good, right beacause there were no bugs, about Revan were like that, but he is like this, or something like that. I would like maybe one planet you confront them, just to see what are they like, but not anything more.
 Prime
02-01-2006, 10:00 AM
I'd rather they only be mentioned.
 Aristotйlēsticus
02-01-2006, 10:00 AM
they will be the enemy...all hail the true sith
 Sabretooth
02-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Honestly, I want the True Sith to be kept out of the series. Not that I don't want them at all. They sound great and all, but I say that we keep them out and only mention them, or let the PC go to the ruins of their empire.

An interesting sort of story is, that the PC is on a hunt for the True Sith and checks out all the neat Sith stuff and some new planets just outside the galaxy. And then, bang! Revan is a Sith Lord once more - old and battered, and uses the Force more than his saber, but still a strategic mastermind. Revan has manipulated and destroyed the Sith leader and now turns the Sith against the Republic. Since it would take some time cleaning out each and every Sith, the player finds that Revan has an object which radiates dark side energies to keep the Sith in control. Kill Revan, destroy thing - End Game.
 Jae Onasi
02-01-2006, 10:43 AM
I'd like to see 'the True Sith' since they were mentioned as if it was a big deal. I do want to see some really good Bosses to fight no matter what.
 Lantzen
02-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Im with Jae Onasi on this one
 RobQel-Droma
02-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Well, personally I think that they you should either come across their temples/ruins, or that they should just be mentioned. I don't think they should be some kind of super enemy.
 JediMaster12
02-01-2006, 11:28 AM
they will be the enemy...all hail the true sith

I see, a supporter of the dark side. Still I will back you up on that they may be the enemy and I stick by my previous response that the True Sith will have some role to play. If it was mentioned in TSL then it would only make sense to have it mentioned in KOTOR 3 otherwise we are left dead hanging with our heads twelve feet in the air. If not the actual physical enemy then at least some mention of them in the main quest.
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-01-2006, 2:51 PM
Of course. They are the controllers behind the shadows and they have been uncovered. Since they are uncovered, but also victorious, they can take control. The goal of Revan and the Exile is to save the Republic and the Jedi from the True Sith. But since they have gained control, they must be stopped.
 The Doctor
02-01-2006, 3:05 PM
ugh. I don't even know what the "True Sith" are. And if somebody tries telling me that it's the species, I'll flip out.

I guess I really don't care either way.
 Darth Sun_Tzu
02-02-2006, 4:45 AM
ugh. I don't even know what the "True Sith" are. And if somebody tries telling me that it's the species, I'll flip out.

I guess I really don't care either way.
They are the species. Or atleast i think they will be. I think they will be remnants from the Great Hyperspace war.
 Darth InSidious
02-02-2006, 6:00 AM
I'm guessing that too ;)
 Prime
02-02-2006, 10:05 AM
ugh. I don't even know what the "True Sith" are. And if somebody tries telling me that it's the species, I'll flip out.Start flipping!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ac/Nagasadow.jpg)

More specifically, they are a near-human species.
 JediMaster12
02-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Well the little info thing on the loading bar on the game said that the Jedi who turned landed on Korriban and met up with the Sith. Over time the two became one and that the Sith as we know them are nothing more than followers of an ideal. I would think the True Sith be a bit warped from the use of dark power and the two becoming one.I guess we'll have to wait and see what the devs are cooking up.
 Aristotйlēsticus
02-02-2006, 12:26 PM
I see, a supporter of the dark side. Still I will back you up on that they may be the enemy and I stick by my previous response that the True Sith will have some role to play. If it was mentioned in TSL then it would only make sense to have it mentioned in KOTOR 3 otherwise we are left dead hanging with our heads twelve feet in the air. If not the actual physical enemy then at least some mention of them in the main quest.

well, i am not a supporter of the dark side, as i said before i am with the shadow side...but my idea of the true sith is that they are shadow sided, i know its not possible but i still think that it will be cooler if we fight deferent enemy, who has our force powers and those belongs to our previous enemy...dont know, its just my openion, i cant see a big hit if we fight the same enemy again no matter how darker he is nor how new powers he has, what we need is a new enemy with a new philosophy.
 Darth Windu
02-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Prime - he looks more like a monkey/man hybrid that put his fingers into a power socket :)
 Master Kavar
02-03-2006, 2:16 AM
They won't appear. Instead, your character, offspring of a threesome between Bastila/Carth/Exile will fight their caretakers, who will appear to be Darth Vader clones. They will be ruled by an Evil Emperor Palatine, and your apprentice, the black daughter of Atris and the Exile will sacrifice herself to kill him.

Seriously, they will play a major part.

Quoted for Emphasis. XD
 Prime
02-03-2006, 10:50 AM
well, i am not a supporter of the dark side, as i said before i am with the shadow side...but my idea of the true sith is that they are shadow sidedWhat is the shadow side supposed to be exactly?

Prime - he looks more like a monkey/man hybrid that put his fingers into a power socket I dare you to say that to his face. :)
 Cygnus Q'ol
02-03-2006, 11:21 AM
I was under the impression that the species of true sith died a millenium ago and the sith now are followers of an idea.

Aren't the sith now decendants and followers of fallen jedi that hated and hunted jedi hundreds of years ago?

Is there anywhere in the game that Kreia stated that the true sith still existed?
 RobQel-Droma
02-03-2006, 11:31 AM
i cant see a big hit if we fight the same enemy again no matter how darker he is nor how new powers he has, what we need is a new enemy with a new philosophy.

Well, I don't know about that. TSL didn't need that much of a different philosophy, and we still had most of the same enemies, just different in form.
 Cygnus Q'ol
02-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Well, I don't know about that. TSL didn't need that much of a different philosophy, and we still had most of the same enemies, just different in form.

That's why TSL, at least storywise, wasn't as good of a game or as popular as KotOR. The freshness was worn away a bit.

They need to kick it up a notch for this one. (IMO)
 Aristotйlēsticus
02-03-2006, 11:51 AM
That's why TSL, at least storywise, wasn't as good of a game or as popular as KotOR. The freshness was worn away a bit.

They need to kick it up a notch for this one. (IMO)

I agree with you, some games died so fast if its devolopers didnt change it, and i think that after the long wait for KotOR 3, they should make it unforgetable by changing the enemy.

Originally Posted by Prime
What is the shadow side supposed to be exactly?

its like being a grey jedi
 RobQel-Droma
02-03-2006, 6:09 PM

Actually I disagree, I thought TSL had a better storyline than KOTOR. The first game was good, but to me TSL was even better. But whatever, that is just opinion.
 Spartanghost220
02-03-2006, 8:50 PM
Actually I disagree, I thought TSL had a better storyline than KOTOR. The first game was good, but to me TSL was even better. But whatever, that is just opinion.

KOTOR 2 was really good but think about it when are number 2's ever better than number 1's unless the first is really bad most the time the number 2 is looked down apon cause it has some of the same stuff as the old one that you have already seen
 RobQel-Droma
02-04-2006, 1:31 AM
Yeah, but that same stuff is what makes KOTOR, well, KOTOR. While you say that Sith Lords and dark Jedi are getting a bit old, and we need something new in the way of philosophy; couldn't you also say that lightsabers and being a Jedi trying to single-handedly save the galaxy or conquer the galaxy is getting kind of old? :)
 Aristotйlēsticus
02-04-2006, 9:47 AM
Yeah, but that same stuff is what makes KOTOR, well, KOTOR. While you say that Sith Lords and dark Jedi are getting a bit old, and we need something new in the way of philosophy; couldn't you also say that lightsabers and being a Jedi trying to single-handedly save the galaxy or conquer the galaxy is getting kind of old? :)

i did not mean that the sith lords are getting old, what i meant to say is that in KotOR 3, there is a new enemy, the true sith, we know few about them, so its possible for the devs to make them different, and it will be greater fighting stronger and different enemy, in my openion that the past two games were easy, and fighting Nihilus and Malak was boaring, so bringing another enemy who has the ability of using the two sides of the force powers, and not as fullish as the sith (i mean the fact that every dark jedi is looking for his own benefit), and gathered under one command...what i mean is we need an enemy to respect, someone with idea and philosophy as great as ours (the players i mean) not the idea of "i'll kill everything even my allies, and when i am alone i'll kill my self :) "
 Shem
02-04-2006, 5:25 PM
Kreia mentions the True Sith Empire in the TSL endgame dialog, so it likely will be a major plot point for KotOR III.
She sure does. :)
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1640/truesith1tk.jpg)
 The Source
02-11-2006, 1:05 PM
She sure does. :)
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1640/truesith1tk.jpg)
Is this the only instance of 'True Sith'.
 RobQel-Droma
02-11-2006, 11:06 PM
^ I think it is. If you think about it, it isn't really a big deal in the game. The fans have made it a big deal, because everyone thinks she is talking about "True Sith species." :xp:

And you know, when she says "true Sith", you don't really know if she is talking about a species, do you? A lot of people have put words in that aren't there.
 Vaelastraz
02-12-2006, 8:21 AM
No matter what the True Sith are, i dont want them in Kotor III.
First in Kotor u fight the Sith...you wipe them out/become their leader. Good.
In Kotor II, you fight even stronger sith, sith who have been created by the Mandalorian war...
And in Kotor III you will finally fight the "true" sith? What would be the explanation they are so powerful? IMO it is just LAME, to introduce a new species or group or whatever which just is superior to everything known.
The only real superior species were the Rakata and there was a good explanation why they were superior.

I really don't want the True Sith in Kotor III, but now they hinted so much in Kotor II it is very unlikely that my wish comes true :(
Page: 1 of 1