Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The BIG DANCE- Full Galaxy Game

Page: 1 of 1
 Lew
01-31-2006, 6:46 PM
Hi all,

There are a few mods out there (maybe more ;) ) that let you play using the ENTIRE galaxy.

I tried this with Bryants/Grey's mod, and was kinda dissappointed with the gameplay. The initial few minutes are a quick land grab in every direction (since the galaxy feels REALLY close together- you can go from point A to almost any point B in a matter of seconds), then the ai goes nuts all over the place.

What did you all think about the BIG DANCE?

A request for modders, I would love to see a mod that creates a galaxy that is somewhat linear, with a strip of planets 1-3 "wide", with the empire at one end and the rebs at the other. That way there's a front to the war. As it is now, it just feels frantic.
 Iamme
01-31-2006, 7:52 PM
you can do this yourself by editing the capaigns_singleplayer.xml file and editing the planets included in the galaxy map under the demo campaign entry.
 Hurby
02-01-2006, 2:14 AM
Hmm, Imperials are overpowered against Rebels, it's better that Empire has Coruscant and Rebels can strike from any direction. If there was a "frontline", Empire would have won almost every battle, because Rebels cannot use their stealth abilities.
 QWAD
02-01-2006, 10:32 AM
2 words. Empire Mod. A small scale mod That gives you a good feal of game play. It has some bugs but overall quite good and you can retreat in space battles!!!
 Grey_Ghost
02-01-2006, 1:00 PM
I've added a smaller universe in my newest version.
 Lew
02-01-2006, 4:41 PM
No no, my complaint is not with Grey Ghost and Bryant's, or any of the other mods out there... they are GREAT! :) :) :)

My concern is the speed and frantic non-campaign feel to the strategic game. You run all over helter-skelter, and there is no real front to the war (since you can move anywhere inside enemy lines with relative ease).
Page: 1 of 1