Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A Question FOR ALL MODDERS

Page: 1 of 1
 Dirk Pitt
01-28-2006, 6:16 PM
Whered you learn to mod and what modeling program do you use?
I would just like to know because I want to program/make VG for a career and I figured Modding is a good place to start.
 Jeff
01-28-2006, 7:53 PM
I think the most common modeling programs are GMax(free) and 3DStudio Max(expensive), though GMax might not be around anymore, I'm not sure.

I haven't tried modding EaW yet, but for KotOR, I just started small and learned different things from different members and went up from there. I'm guessing that's how one would start learning to mod any game.
 chr0n1x
01-28-2006, 8:34 PM
Gmax was discontinued, try Maya Personal edition.
For empire at war, the files once extracted are simply xml files, so they are easy to edit, just changing some options around is a good place to start.
 Apocalypse|TFL
01-28-2006, 9:05 PM
I think it would be a really cool thing for the modders here to write up some mini tutorials for the peeps that are interested in modding the game, you know.... Give them an idea on where to start and how to start.

Just a thought.
 Dirk Pitt
01-29-2006, 1:13 PM
I found Gmax, I can make models alright on it, but can anyone tell me what they use to skin?
 Foshjedi2004
01-30-2006, 4:59 AM
There are a number of mini tutorials on the Empire at war nexus website forum. http://eawnexus.gamingsource.net)
 Kurgan
01-30-2006, 6:31 PM
Gmax discontinued? Bummer... I wonder why they decided to stop?
 Dirk Pitt
01-30-2006, 7:32 PM
It wasnt, I downoaded it 3 days ago, unless it happended yester day, or today
Page: 1 of 1