Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Starcraft TC for EAW?

Page: 1 of 1
 WahSuppDude
01-27-2006, 9:48 PM
Does anybody think that a Starcraft TC for EAW is a good idea?

If you think about it, making a Starcraft TC would be quicker than waiting for Blizzard to make Starcraft 2.
 Snafu7
01-27-2006, 11:10 PM
This has been brought up before a ton of times, blizzard always shuts down mods based on star craft for some reason.
 GhostlyYouki
01-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Because they're afraid they'll go out of business if a person from grade 11 outprograms a game designer and ends up losing his/her job :P
 Xyvik
01-28-2006, 1:06 AM
WOOOOOOOOAH! Sometimes even MENTIONING a starcraft mod will get blizzard lawyers down on you. They are mean buzzards (pun intended :P ) when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Which really sucks, because they've basically given up on StarCraft. They've taken their darling (and totally crappy) warcraft universe to new heights and have left starcraft in the dust. Minus Ghost, but that is pretty much Vaporware by now.
 Orao
01-30-2006, 9:54 AM
Just don't name it Starcraft and try to avoid any reference to the original names from the game for exemple Ghost will be Fantome. Marines, well they can tell nothing about that or they will have to pay royalties to the USMC or the Royal Navy. Not to mention the Confederation which uses confederate states flag or the zergs which looks like Alien from the same movie.
 Iamme
01-30-2006, 3:24 PM
Just don't name it Starcraft and try to avoid any reference to the original names from the game for exemple Ghost will be Fantome. Marines, well they can tell nothing about that or they will have to pay royalties to the USMC or the Royal Navy. Not to mention the Confederation which uses confederate states flag or the zergs which looks like Alien from the same movie.
Lol. The "This Is Not Starcraft Mod!!" :P
 Darth_Extas
01-30-2006, 4:27 PM
not nessesarily you can have models that are a likeness of the unit but be named differently.
 RC2080
01-30-2006, 4:58 PM
Blizzard has a department devoted to tracking mods down and killing them apparently.. Read about it when they were trying to make a SC mod for Warhammer: DoW
 sven8136
01-30-2006, 7:51 PM
Just base it on Warhammer 40k. I believe starcraft was based on it as well, unofficially. Tyrannids = Zerg, Eldar = Protoss, Terran is just a combinations of things.
 WahSuppDude
01-30-2006, 9:42 PM
Warhammer 40K...
That could work, but I'm not familiar with the game's world, I've only played the demo to that new expansion pack they released for Dawn of War. I'll think on it...
 Epytron_Omega
01-31-2006, 1:57 AM
Warhammer 40K...
That could work, but I'm not familiar with the game's world, I've only played the demo to that new expansion pack they released for Dawn of War. I'll think on it...
Also to get a better feeling of it, you should go to a local hobby shop and see if they play 40k there, watch how it is played to help you create what you are looking for. This is on my list of projects to do once I have completed the Stock Game.

EO
 sven8136
01-31-2006, 10:16 AM
I've never played the game myself, but it seems to have a lot of history and lore behind it, as well as tons of units. If you decide to do that you will probably need a team of modelers and skinners to create all the units for it. I doubt it would be doable within a reasonable time frame by just 1 person.

Heres a complete faction list: (I think)
Chaos Space Marines
Daemonhunters
Dark Eldar
Eldar
Imperial Guard
Necrons
Orks
Space Marines
Tau
Tyranids
Witch Hunters
 Orao
01-31-2006, 11:02 AM
It is allready in progress

check this site for that :

http://onlywar2.gamemod.net/)
 WahSuppDude
01-31-2006, 5:56 PM
I'll just think of something else...
If you guys want to give me any other ideas feel free.

I've never played the game myself, but it seems to have a lot of history and lore behind it, as well as tons of units. If you decide to do that you will probably need a team of modelers and skinners to create all the units for it. I doubt it would be doable within a reasonable time frame by just 1 person.

I have a small team on board we are just figuring out what to do...
a Starcraft mod was just one of the things we had in mind.

I do have something in mind, but like I said before let the ideas flow.
 Orao
01-31-2006, 7:33 PM
What about Space Above and Beyond theTV Show where humans are fighting against Chigs in 22 century. In that TV show you have space battles and ground battles.
 MDN14
02-01-2006, 12:56 AM
Or why not just make up something totally new and base alot of the stuff in it off of the best things from different games, such as starcraft?
 goffries
02-01-2006, 1:48 PM
what about a battlestar galactica mod? you would have to take it with a grain of salt considering that theres not a ton of content concerning ground units and such in the series but there are plenty of combat ships... the humans verses the cylons...
 CondorFalco
02-02-2006, 4:20 AM
Or what about a Dune TC set during the Butlerian Jihad from its beginning to the capture of Corrin?
Page: 1 of 1