Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Expanded Demo Campaign Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 OverlordAngelus
01-20-2006, 3:12 PM
What it does:

There are now 5 planets in the campaign, Ryloth and Kashyyk are the new additions.

The AI is active on the Galactic Map.

There is a little bonus when your fleet arrives at Tatooine as well.

I haven't had time to test it properly and I'm not likely to for awhile, so feedback is more than welcome.

Download (http://www.bathtub-productions.com/expanded_campaign.rar)
 Scarlet
01-20-2006, 3:15 PM
The link seems to be down?

- Okay, it's working now! This sounds like a great mod, I can't wait to try it out!
 shadowsfm
01-20-2006, 3:24 PM
link works
 Scarlet
01-20-2006, 3:31 PM
link works

Yeah, a quick re-read of my post indicates that the link does work ... :dozey:

[Edit]

Review: as far as Mods go - this has potential, but it needs vast improvements. Firstly, it's pretty hard. I played through on Medium, and, after winning the battle in the asteroid field, I was counter-attacked by 2 ISDs, 3 VSD, an Inderdictor and _lots_ of other ships, not to mention hundreds of fighters ... needless to say my fleet was decimated. As there is no option to build more Mon Cal cruisers, I was pretty much screwed - I tryed rebuilding my fleet with 20 Nebulon B / Corvettes, but again shortly after retaking the asteroid belt, I was attacked with an equally huge force! You really need to either tone down the intial strength and wealth of the Imperials to have a fighting chance ...

Also, there are quite a few units missing from the build list in your Mod that *can be* available in the demo (see the Chriz_4 modpack) ... it would be nice to see these included, as they'd go some-way to help ballance verus the Empire ...

Anywho, great mod - it just need some tweaking!
 PR-0927
01-20-2006, 4:54 PM
BEAUTIFUL MOD!! Now I wanna build the Mon Calamari ships and play as the Empire!! I want the game!!

- Majin Revan
 Lord Valenta
01-20-2006, 5:00 PM
as well as changing the missions to allow for the imps to build instead of having "story battles" pre written into them.
 BmGod
01-20-2006, 5:02 PM
its Nice but the ai is hard
 eaterofpies
01-20-2006, 5:07 PM
just finished playing through and it was cool tho the 2nd place was a little hard (their counter). i managed to take out everything appart from 2 of the big star destroyers (millenium falcon lureing most of the other cap ships into asteroids) but i just couldnt hurt the big ones and eventually died. but i managed to take out all of their fighters so when i countered they had no fighters.

some of the battles above planets dont tally with your fleet which is really odd but it did illustrate the space battles better than the demo campaign.

before i wasnt sure this game would be any good.
now i think it might be :)
 hakweakumlar
01-20-2006, 5:11 PM
Very nice mod. Giant battles are fun and with the graphics options all turned to high you get some nice cinematic battles when that mode works (as in focuses on the battle instead of out of sight x-wings heh)

The full version is going to be lots of fun, I wish the demon by itself was like this mod, as you don't get a feel for the game that much when its dumbed down (made easier) and little experince the actual gameplay.

Great mod everyone should download
 ActofWar
01-20-2006, 5:20 PM
How do i use Rar files?

I what to try this mod, but no idea how to use the Rar
 Warstomp
01-20-2006, 5:27 PM
I cant seem to get them to counter attack me after i take something. I always just get a big fight to take it but once its taken they dont come with a force to counter.
 OverlordAngelus
01-20-2006, 5:33 PM
Thankyou everyone for the feedback, I'm going to check out Chriz's new mod version and see about adding more units and fixing things with mine.

I'm glad it's giving people a view of what the full game will be like, that was something that frustrated me with the demo and is the main reason for this mod's existance.
 Scarlet
01-20-2006, 5:33 PM
How do i use Rar files?

I what to try this mod, but no idea how to use the Rar

A Rar file is like a zip file, use the program here (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm) to extract the files!

I cant seem to get them to counter attack me after i take something. I always just get a big fight to take it but once its taken they dont come with a force to counter.

What difficultly level are you playing on?
 Slocket
01-20-2006, 5:37 PM
"Also, there are quite a few units missing from the build list in your Mod that *can be* available in the demo (see the Chriz_4 modpack) ... it would be nice to see these included, as they'd go some-way to help ballance verus the Empire ...

Anywho, great mod - it just need some tweaking!"

Indeed. it is not too hard to add the extra. I wake up and look at all the mods!! 8p
 Jmaster3265
01-20-2006, 5:49 PM
What it does:

There are now 5 planets in the campaign, Ryloth and Kashyyk are the new additions.

I haven't had time to test it properly and I'm not likely to for awhile, so feedback is more than welcome.

If i download this will it download only in the dmeo not memeory to the full version? and can you uninstall mods?
 Scarlet
01-20-2006, 5:54 PM
If i download this will it download only in the dmeo not memeory to the full version? and can you uninstall mods?

Yeah, you should be able to uninstall the demo normally, then manually delete the files added to the directory by mods ... As for the first part of your post, I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean? :confused:
 Jmaster3265
01-20-2006, 5:55 PM
Yeah, you should be able to uninstall the demo normally, then manually delete the files added to the directory by mods ... As for the first part of your post, I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean? :confused:

How would i manually delete the mod? It doesn't go down the drain with the demo?
 Scarlet
01-20-2006, 6:01 PM
How would i manually delete the mod? It doesn't go down the drain with the demo?

Well, go into the directory itself and press the delete key!
 Jmaster3265
01-20-2006, 6:02 PM
Well, go into the directory itself and press the delete key!

Idk, how to do that and where to go, if you haven't figured out this is my first time using mods for a game... ;)
 Scarlet
01-20-2006, 6:11 PM
Idk, how to do that and where to go, if you haven't figured out this is my first time using mods for a game... ;)

Why on Earth are you winking? Do you have a stigmatism?

Anyway, to make things simpler for you:

Use the uninstaller that came with the EaW Demo to unistall the Demo,a fter this open the EaW Demo folder and select all the leftover files in this folder than were part of the mods. Now delete them by either pressing the delete key on your keyboard, or "Right Click -> Delete" ... Understand now? :rolleyes:
 Jmaster3265
01-20-2006, 6:17 PM
Why on Earth are you winking? Do you have a stigmatism?

Anyway, to make things simpler for you:

Use the uninstaller that came with the EaW Demo to unistall the Demo,a fter this open the EaW Demo folder and select all the leftover files in this folder than were part of the mods. Now delete them by either pressing the delete key on your keyboard, or "Right Click -> Delete" ... Understand now? :rolleyes:

No, i don't have stigmatism, but you sure do have attitude.

Anyways, jeez i was just asking how to get rid of the MOD, not a explanation on how to uninstall the demo....Sorry if i'm not a big PC gamer like some people...I don't play much PC games so i didn't know..jeez.... :¬:
 Scarlet
01-20-2006, 6:22 PM
No, i don't have stigmatism, but you sure do have attitude.

Anyways, jeez i was just asking how to get rid of the MOD, not a explanation on how to uninstall the demo....Sorry if i'm not a big PC gamer like some people...I don't play much PC games so i didn't know..jeez....

Note my "attitude" was in direct reply to your attitude ...

And yeah, I told you how to uninstall the mods - you need to uninstall the whole thing and start again! Allthough it's possible to merely delete the mod files and leave the demo intact, it's easier for an admitted novice like yourself to simply start with a clean slate. So yeah; check my advice.
 Lord Valenta
01-20-2006, 6:22 PM
that is the way to remove the mod. Uninstall teh demo and manualy delete the remaining configuration files/mod files from the lucas arts folder then reinstall the demo.
 Darkfyre
01-20-2006, 7:35 PM
True, though I'll be glad when Scarlett has finished altering the maps so they have units generated in response to what's happening in the galactic map instead of the story missions they were originally for. I must've played the Tatooine space map three to five times and every time it had me controlling a spacestation, mon cals, x-wings, y-wings, blockade runners, gunships, maruaders, Nebulon B frigates and assault frigates against interdictors, acclamators, imp and vic stars, tartans and broadsides.
 shadowsfm
01-20-2006, 8:13 PM
its a good idea to copy the entire demo folder and only alter the one of them.

when i played, rolith only had one bad guy, that shuttle, and the falcon is stuck in the begining, then i took my second wave of transports to rulith, but instead it and my space station get desamated at the astroids. then i counter attack that counter attack, it was easy enough for me, always a good idea to have lots of bombers. in tatooine space, i was given a space station and lots of ships, but non of them are the ones i built.
 OverlordAngelus
01-20-2006, 9:09 PM
The map I used for Tatooine is actually the battle that takes place in the background of the Main Menu.

Because the units are fixed for it, the fleets that have been built up don't appear. I'm not quite sure how to fix that one but I included it anyway because of the sheer scale of the battle.
 Jmaster3265
01-20-2006, 11:16 PM
What it does:

Are you sure it works? First i played the game and i saw nothing new, i don't even know if it downloaded i since you cant run it i saved it in the eaw folder. Idk if it has to be saved in the game or what. Idk how to or use mods.
 shadowsfm
01-20-2006, 11:28 PM
his mod you stick in the game data/data folder
 Jmaster3265
01-21-2006, 1:04 AM
his mod you stick in the game data/data folder

I did, Still the same nothing new in the campaign. Still 3 planets same mission nothing.....
 GSR_tufelhunden
01-21-2006, 1:13 AM
i noticed with this mod, that anytime i attack the imp fleet, or they attafck me, it has me with a space statiion at the top right, and my forces scatterd all around.

was this intentional..
 ^Invader
01-21-2006, 1:22 AM
wow i tell you thou intense battles!!
 wilkie1020
01-21-2006, 2:16 PM
the link wont load for me. a new window opens but it freezes on loading. wut do i do?
 Jmaster3265
01-21-2006, 4:50 PM
Yeah, i pu the mod in the data folder, and when i ran the game nothing new happened. The mod doesn't seem to work.
 blue pious
01-21-2006, 5:50 PM
just wanna say great mod, and I think the difficulty was fine for the first half.

but then after you beat back the counter attack at the asteroids (I actully one when they attacked with just my mon cals, the falcon, and 3 squads of x wings) its gets to easy.

Especially frustrating was the lack of a real space battle at ryloth (theres only a imp shuttle) and there was no ground battle so to speak.

Around tat was cool, sides for the space station and extra ships, they made it way to easy to win.

Tat. land difficulty was fine, but then i get to Kashyeek and it was anouther way to easy space battle, after being spoiled by the one you gave us at the asteroids.

Overall I loved the mod, but it would relly b something else if u could gix the extra planent space battles.

thanks man
 TY2D2
01-21-2006, 11:21 PM
umm are you people retarded? :smash: you dont have to uninstall the demo to get rid of the mod... go into the C:/ program files/ lucas arts/ game data and delete the new stuff easy!!
:r2d23: TY2D2 :r2d2: TY2D2 :r5d4:

dont bother replying to me as since im never coming back to this forum again.
 augrunt
01-21-2006, 11:24 PM
woah dude, no need for that kind of language... and i dont think the community wants people like you... you need to calm down. there NEWBS man, life is full of em... just let em be, not everyone can understand where people come from and what there talking about.
 Scarlet
01-22-2006, 7:19 AM
umm are you people retarded? :smash: you dont have to uninstall the demo to get rid of the mod... go into the C:/ program files/ lucas arts/ game data and delete the new stuff easy!!
:r2d23: TY2D2 :r2d2: TY2D2 :r5d4:

dont bother replying to me as since im never coming back to this forum again.

No, of course you don't - and if you read the other replies in this thread, you'll find this was explained beforehand ... Are you retarded? Or are you choosing to ignore the prior explaination?

It's easier for modding novices to preform a fresh install, as this way they do not run the risk of leaving certain mod files behind etc, thus interferring with other mods and the like.
 Kurgan
01-22-2006, 7:33 PM
Simmer down, there's no need to bicker and fight over something so silly. I'm warning people to just relax and not resort to flaming over this.

Easier for novices to uninstall? Balderdash. Just tell them what directory to look in and what files to delete. Done. If they can't figure that out, then they need to stop being lazy. Would you like to uinstall and then reinstall the game everytime you used a mod? No. Plus that means you need to keep the installation file sitting on your hard drive (or burn it to a cd). Many a novice probably deleted the thing after installing!

Ultimately of course mod makers need to take some responsibility and either provide an uinstaller or give instructions on both how to install and how to remove the mod and include these instructions WITH their mod. Problem solved. ;)
Page: 1 of 1