Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cannot Edit Config.Meg... Without.

Page: 1 of 1
 augrunt
01-20-2006, 2:33 AM
Cannot Edit Config.Meg Without a Recompiler.

Since ive been trying to allow Mon Calamarians to be built, ive found it whenever i saved the MEG file with Notepad even if i didnt modify anything, it wouldnt allow the game to launch. So, after using an Unpacker, i need to see if someone can make a RECOMPILER. so that all the files will be recompiled back into a MEG. So that Notepad doesn't distort the MEG.

If someone can get me that, i can Program in Mon Calamarians to be allowed, and also unlock a longer campaign. (If the campaign codes are programmed in) and they are but what ive seen.
 evenflow80
01-20-2006, 2:52 AM
I think another guy already unlocked the MonCals and ISDs, its in the topic called "First Mod for Demo".
 Slocket
01-20-2006, 4:33 AM
Just simply view it in wordpad, then go back and hex edit the original file. Easy. make sure to keep the length of data file the same. Nothing fancy, the files are not compressed.

Check out the new Moff "Avenger" Star Destroyer just now unlocked...
 chr0n1x
01-20-2006, 7:09 AM
Just incase you have not read it etc, new groundbreaking news ;)
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=158841)
Look at the bottom for my post.
Page: 1 of 1